Director: Hong Jong Chan

Writer: Kim Min Seok

Network: Netflix

Official WebsiteNetflix

Episodes: 10

Release Date: Feb 25, 2022

Aired On: Netflix

Synopsis

A tough judge balances her aversion to minor offenders with firm beliefs on justice and punishment as she tackles complex cases inside a juvenile court. [Source: Netflix]

A judge who is infamously known for their dislike towards juveniles becomes the newly appointed judge of a juvenile court in the Yeonhwa District. A victim of juvenile crime in her youth, she faces various cases involving juvenile delinquents and other youths, which helps her discover what it truly means to be an adult. [Source: whats-on-netflix.com]

As crimes committed by minors get more violent and cruel, the offenders usually escape any serious types of punishment. Sim Eun-Seok (Kim Hye-Soo) is an elite judge with a personality that seems unfriendly to others. She hates juvenile criminals. Sim Eun-Seok gets assigned to a local juvenile court. There, she breaks custom and administers her own ways of punishing the offenders. [Source: Asianwiki]

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

Cast

iKXxCbO.jpg

Kim Hye Soo as Shim Eun Seok

Shim Eun Seok is in charge of the Juvenile Criminal Court and she absolutely hates juvenile criminals. 

Kim Moo Yeol as Cha Tae Joo

Cha Tae Joo is a judge who works with Shim Eun Seok and looks at the cases from a different perspective.

Centered around a district court house, the drama presents a harsh perspective through our lead character Kim Hye-soo (Hyena). She believes that even if they’re young, perpetrators must learn to respect the law and be held accountable for their crimes. In contrast, Kim Mu-yeol (Grid) wants to show compassion. Taking the perpetrators’ youth and circumstances into consideration, he prefers to be understanding and give offenders the opportunity to right their wrongs. [Source]

PsWNjgr.jpg

Lee Sung Min as Kang Won Joong

Kang Won Joong is one of the Chief Judges in the Yeonhwa District Juvenile Criminal Court.  

Lee Jung Eun as Na Geun Hee

Na Geun Hee is one of the Chief Judges in the Yeonhwa District Juvenile Criminal Court.

As head of the court house, though, Lee Sung-min (Money Game) has to keep the bigger picture in mind, and often leans towards “practical” solutions that will wrap up the case. Lee Jung-eun (Law School), on the other hand, has become somewhat desensitized to juvenile crimes over the years and tends to think lightly of them. [Source]

ueNDPzk.jpg

Source

oJi306g.jpg

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

HanCinema-Logo.png

Kim Hye-soo Turns into Elite Judge in Netflix's "Juvenile Justice"

Published on 2020/11/23

photo1271718.jpg

Worldwide entertainment streaming service Netflix has confirmed the production of a new original series called "Juvenile Justice" along with the casting of actress Kim Hye-soo.

"Juvenile Justice" will cast a sharp look at juvenile crimes, which have reached dangerous levels, and the responsibilities of adults and society surrounding them, focusing on the issue of the youth law, in which criminal minors under the age of 14 are subject to protective measures, not punishment.

Kim Hye-soo plays the role of Shim Eun-seok, an intelligent, short tempered and elite judge. Her actions, which break down familiar customs after being appointed to the competent court with the highest juvenile crime rate, throws a heavy blow at the society that is jointly responsible for juvenile offenders, juvenile courts, and juvenile crimes. Expectations are high for Kim Hye-soo, who will be in court again as Shim Eun-seok, a juvenile court judge.

Spoiler

"Juvenile Justice" will vividly portray the daily lives and worries of juvenile court judges who look into the post-disposition and adaptation of juvenile offenders, unlike ordinary civil and criminal trials, through advice from actual juvenile court judges.

"Juvenile Justice" will be directed by Hong Jong-chan and written by Kim Min-seok-VI. It will be produced by Gil Pictures which gained popularity with the production of the drama "Stove League" and Gtist who produced "Hotel Del Luna".

"Juvenile Justice" is human court drama that takes place when a judge who hates juvenile offenders is newly appointed to the juvenile division of a district court. Starring Kim Hye-soo, it will be released worldwide through Netflix.

Source

Kim Mu-yeol to Star in Netflix's "Juvenile Justice" With Kim Hye-soo

Published on 2020/12/03

photo1276819.jpg

Actor Kim Mu-yeol is starring in the Netflix Drama "Juvenile Justice".

Spoiler

"Juvenile Justice", directed by Hong Jong-chan, will cast a sharp look at juvenile crimes, which have reached dangerous levels, and the responsibilities of adults and society surrounding them, focusing on the issue of the youth law, in which criminal minors under the age of 14 are subject to protective measures, not punishment.

In the drama, the Juvenile Criminal Consortium is composed of one senior judge and two associate judges in charge of juvenile criminal cases. In fact, the juvenile justice department of the family court is in charge of the task, but the "Juvenile Justice" will be adapted into a department called the Juvenile Criminal Agreement Department to draw various views presented by 3 judges over the disposition of juvenile offenders.

Kim Hye-soo will play Shim Eun-seok, an elite judge with a tough personality who has been appointed to the court in charge of the highest juvenile delinquency rate, while Kim Mu-yeol will play Cha Tae-joo, a associate judge of the juvenile criminal union like Kim Hye-soo.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

HanCinema-Logo.png

Lee Sung-min to Star in "Juvenile Justice" With Kim Hye-soo

Published on 2020/12/08

photo1279374.jpg

Lee Sung-min joins the "Juvenile Justice" as a charismatic senior judge.

Spoiler

Netflix's new original series "Juvenile Justice" is a human court drama that takes place when a judge who hates juvenile offenders is newly appointed to the juvenile department of a district court. Kim Hye-soo, Kim Mu-yeol, and Lee Sung-min have confirmed casting.

Director Hong Jong-chan, who has been recognized for his delicate directing will direct the film and ask sharp questions about juvenile crimes that have reached dangerous levels and the responsibilities of the society and adults surrounding them. It is a highly anticipated film that is drawing keen attention due to the joining of high-profile actors and materials that have high social interest.

Lee Sung-min will turn into Kang Won-joong, a senior judge at the Juvenile Criminal Justice Department who will lead the story of the "Juvenile Justice". Kang Won-joong, a judge of 18 years who has been in court for a long time and is at odds between reality and ideal, and Lee Sung-min will portray a complex and ambitious judge in his charismatic acting.

Source

Lee Jung-eun to Star in "Juvenile Justice"

Published on 2021/05/11

photo1333950.jpg

Actress Lee Jung-eun is starring in the new Netflix Original series "Juvenile Justice".

Spoiler

"Juvenile Justice" is a human court drama that takes place when a judge who hates juvenile offenders is newly appointed to the juvenile department of a district court. It will cast a sharp look at juvenile crime that has reached a dangerous level and the responsibilities of adults and society surrounding it.

Lee Jung-eun takes on the role of Na Geun-hee, the chief judge. Tension rises for her character as it conflicts with Shim Eun-seok, a bad-tempered elite judge played by Kim Hye-soo. Apparently they work excellently together as they've once collaborated in the movie "The Day I Died: Unclosed Case".

"Juvenile Justice" will be released worldwide through Netflix.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2

zapzee_bi_postive.png

Netflix’s ‘Juvenile Justice’ Reveals Its Teaser Poster + Cast Members Open Up About Why They Chose to Star in the Drama

by Changhyun Kim | Feb 3, 2022

juvenile-justice.jpg

Credit: Netflix

Netflix dropped a new poster for its upcoming drama Juvenile Justice, and the cast members shared their thoughts on the upcoming series. Juvenile Justice follows a tough judge who balances her aversion to minor offenders with firm beliefs on justice and punishment as she tackles complex cases inside a juvenile court.

Kim Hye Soo plays Shim Eun Seok, a judge who is not afraid to express her hatred towards young offenders. The actress shared that she was delighted to take part in the show and said, “I was truly surprised with the story. I think this series will give viewers a lot to think about, and I’m very glad to play a part in this work.”

Kim Mu Yeol, who takes on the role of a warm-hearted judge Cha Tae Joo, also showed his affection towards the upcoming drama. He said, “I was drawn to the script because it dealt with current social issues that I am interested in. I could see that the show was trying to highlight the underlying issues of our society with good intention, so I decided to join the series.”

Lee Sung Min plays the chief judge Kang Won Joong. He said, “Juvenile justice tries to find a viable solution to juvenile delinquency. The trial scenes within a juvenile court will offer a fresh take to legal dramas with scenes that were never shown in TV shows before.”

Lee Jung Eun, who plays another chief judge named Na Geun Hee, said, “As an actor, I am glad to see a work that reflects our current society.”

Meanwhile, Juvenile Justice will premiere on February 25th.

Source

• Like 2

zapzee_bi_postive.png

‘Juvenile Justice’ Heightens Expectations with Main Poster and Trailer

by krishkim | Feb 9, 2022

Netflix has unveiled the main poster and main trailer for its upcoming original series ‘Juvenile Justice‘.

unnamed-2.jpg

Juvenile Justice depicts the story of a judge who has to balance her aversion to young offenders as she tackles complex cases inside a juvenile court.

The released poster captures a juvenile court where judges and juvenile offenders face each other. Shim Eun Seok (Kim Hye Soo) doesn’t hide her hatred towards the young offenders, while Cha Tae Joo (Kim Mu Yeol) takes a whole different view of these youths. Moreover, Kang Wong Joong (Lee Sung Min) makes realistic judgments for a bigger goal, and Na Geun Hee (Lee Jung Eun) only considers these cases a speed game. The poster well depicts the different perspectives of the judges towards juvenile offenders.

How will the stories of kids who have committed crimes, the environment they live in, and the reality of our society unfold inside and outside the courtroom?

unnamed-1.png

The released trailer begins with judge Shim Eun Seok rebuking the young criminals. However, Cha Tae Joo introduces a whole new perspective on the teens, saying, “Everyone criticizes juvenile offenders. It’s just us judges who can give them a second chance.” Kang Wong Joong and Na Geun Hee warn Shim Eun Seok to stop going overboard to find the truth of the cases. However, she clearly states what she thinks about the juvenile offenders with the following line – “We need to show them how scary the law is! We need to teach them that there are consequences when they harm others.”

This series made headlines when it confirmed its stellar cast, including Kim Hye Soo, Kim Mu Yeol, Lee Sung Min, and Lee Jung Eun. Moreover, Lee Yeon, Shim Dal Gi, Kim Bo Young, and other actors will turn into juvenile offenders of various incidents, doubling the tension.

Meanwhile, Juvenile Justice will be released on Netflix on February 25th.

Source

• Like 2

Kim Hye Soo, Kim Moo Yeol, Lee Sung Min, And Lee Jung Eun Transform Into Very Different Judges For Upcoming Legal Drama

Feb 16, 2022 by L. Kim

Netflix has released new stills of its upcoming drama “Juvenile Justice” (literal title)!

“Juvenile Justice” is a legal drama that takes place when a prickly judge who hates juvenile offenders is newly appointed to the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. The judge, who was a victim of a juvenile crime before, will face various cases involving youth and discover what it truly means to be an adult.

On February 16, the drama unveiled its first glimpse of Kim Hye SooKim Moo YeolLee Sung Min, and Lee Jung Eun in character!

Kim Hye Soo plays Shim Eun Seok, a judge in the juvenile court of the Yeonhwa District. She is someone with charismatic eyes and a rough personality who is fierce enough to be considered arrogant. She has a competitive streak, which helped her push past her male colleagues to reach the top. The photo captures Shim Eun Seok’s firm resolve to punish those who committed crimes.

kim-hye-soo.jpg

Spoiler

On the other hand, Kim Moo Yeol plays a judge named Cha Tae Joo who overcame the hardships of a poor environment and became a judge after taking the high school qualification exam (the Korean equivalent of a GED). Cha Tae Joo is 180 degrees different from Shim Eun Seok. Unlike her, he is a firm believer in second chances. He believes that people can change for the better if their stories are heard. The photo of Cha Tae Joo reflects his warm, gentle eyes that share a peek at his kind and patient nature.

kim-moo-yeol.jpg

In the next still, Lee Sung Min has transformed into the charismatic Kang Won Joong. He is a chief judge who values customs and principles. He has been a member of the juvenile court for 22 years now, and he is a person who realistically thinks about the boundaries of laws. He often gets into conflict with Shim Eun Seok, who crosses the line as a judge.

lee-sung-min.jpg

Lee Jung Eun showcases chief judge Na Geun Hee’s coldness in the following still. Na Geun Hee has a soft way of speaking, but she has an icy, fierce personality, and she deals with juvenile crimes in a practical and efficient way. She believes speed is the most important, so she has tense confrontations with Shim Eun Seok who persistently digs into cases.

lee-jung-eun.jpg

Writer Kim Min Seok, who wanted to “present various views and opinions toward juvenile offenders through four judges,” makes viewers look at juvenile crimes from diverse perspectives through judges who sharply collide because of their own beliefs.

Kim Hye Soo commented, “Since all of these characters’ beliefs are comprehensible, I looked forward to their harmony. I was very surprised that each judge’s aspect of unity and conflict seemed to be organically well harmonized.”

“Juvenile Justice” will premiere on February 25.

Source

• Like 1

zapzee_bi_postive.png

Netflix’s ‘Juvenile Justice’ to Show the 4 Different Viewers Towards Juvenile Offenders

by krishkim | Feb 22, 2022

The new Netflix series ‘Juvenile Justice‘ held an online press conference and introduced a heavy theme it’ll unravel in a total of ten episodes.

EpEKsAM.jpg

Juvenile Justice depicts the story of a judge who has to balance her aversion to young offenders as she tackles complex cases inside a juvenile court.

Kim Hye Soo shared, “I remember going to the filming sets with such excitement for the confrontations and combinations of judges with different beliefs and the ensemble and synergy of actors. I felt pressured yet had high expectations.” Looking at her, Lee Sung Min added, “She surprised me how sincere she was at the sets. It was like I was working with an actress that just debuted.”

IbIhOEv.jpg

“I thought I had a constant interest in juvenile crime, but as I was preparing for this work, I got to listen to the real thoughts of the judges and came across some of the real cases,” Kim Hye Soo confessed. “And I’ve realized that my interest was only the tip of the iceberg.”

“Even that interest was so narrow-minded. I felt like my interest was nothing more than anger or regret toward juvenile crime and an emotional criticism of the verdict,” she continued. “I think I got a chance to see the reality of juvenile crime a little bit.”

Lee Sung Min also threw a heavy question to the viewers. “Is this problem only about the kids? Are the sins of underage children, who have not yet fully matured, solely the responsibility of those children? Whose problem is it, and what kind of responsibility should I have as an adult? What kind of responsibility should society have?”

Meanwhile, Live Up to Your Name and Dear My Friends director Hong Jong Chan helms the production. Juvenile Justice will be released on Netflix on February 25th.

Source

• Like 2

I've finished the first two episodes. What about you, @Chocolate? I think it suits your taste - crime and court room. @SilverMoonTea You might like this too.

Like previous kdramas shown on Netflix which boldly focus on social commentary of certain topics (Sweet Home on humanity vs monstrosity, Squid Game was capitalism, DP on bullying in the military), Juvenile Justice is addressing the issues of the Juvenile Act in South Korea. It's not the first time kdrama addresses this topic and each time it is brought up, it's always about how these kids committed the crime fully knowing they could get away from it. So it's rather satisfying to watch Kim Hye Soo indict them mercilessly.

There was a line I really like said by Kim Hye Soo in episode 2 when she was berated by Lee Sung Min—that she is doing her job, that if the parents failed to control/discipline their kids, the law must do it. The government / country should show these kids they cannot mock the law. Something like that... I really relate to it although it's in a company's settings that we are all hired to do our jobs and the nature of our job is to keep the other department in order and the company out of (legal) trouble.

I like Kim Hye Soo in strong roles, and can't say I can imagine her playing a weak or meek character. She just has that strong personality aura and this drama really utilise it as the camera keeps zooming in on her giving death stares or glares, LOL! I can't say I like her distrust and skepticalism towards the juveniles but I do understand and enjoy her being this extreme because it's this belief that drives her to be a persistent and stern judge. Her sternness reminds me of Judge Judy.

• Clapping Hands 3
15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

There was a line I really like said by Kim Hye Soo in episode 2 when she was berated by Lee Sung Min—that she is doing her job, that if the parents failed to control/discipline their kids, the law must do it. The government / country should show these kids they cannot mock the law. Something like that... I really relate to it although it's in a company's settings that we are all hired to do our jobs and the nature of our job is to keep the other department in order and the company out of (legal) trouble.

I loved that line too. Kim Hye Soo's character is so badass. I think there is a reason why she hates young offenders and she must have a good reason for it. I can't wait to find out. 

Episode 1  & 2 was so intense. I was rather happy to finding out why she killed the kid.  KEy Word 

Spoiler

Han Ye-Eun wished her for her parents attention and love.  I do think she must have some mental issues but she killed the kid because of jealousy and she was a bad kid. She used and bonded with Baek Seong-U. At least he had a concious but HYE had no concience at all. 

here is the line 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886bb7e3e7039de20963f

Spoiler

I loved it when she asked 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I've finished the first two episodes. What about you, @Chocolate? I think it suits your taste - crime and court room.

Yes, I like this very much. Just finished 2 episodes too.

This is the Juvenile Criminal Court. There are 3,000+ judges in SK but only 20 are in the juvenile court. They see 30,000 young offenders a year. There are no prosecutors in juvenile court, only assistants. The judges question the offenders, they judge and they sentence. For those that they put on probation, the judges have to see if the juveniles are adjusting within the prescribed probation, to ensure that they do not run away or commit crimes again. They have to constantly manage and supervise. -- Hmm, seems like a lot of work. If I were the judge, I would give them all probation level 10 - which sends them to jail for 2 years! 😂

Kim Hye Soo has exceptional qualifications and could have been an elite legal professional. But she chose to work in juvenile court (which is apparently not a favoured branch for those with ambition). Why? I think this question should be answered in due course.

She hates the juvenile offenders. One would think that is a bias/prejudice that would prevent her from being a judge. Plus, here, she does the investigation, chases the criminal, brings him/her to court, and gives judgement? Seems quite an unfair system for the juveniles if the judge was questionnable. Fortunately, SK has a 3 judge system and in this drama, Kim Hye Soo's character is an upright one.

She seems cold here. You know when you are in a profession too long, you have seen and heard all the sob stories and are immune/no longer sympathetic? But that is to the juveniles who commit the crimes and their family. Inside, she feels very much for the victims. In this first case, she puts a photo of the victim in front of her at all times, and she cooks for the mother of the dead child 😭

Lee Sung Min (Judge Kang), her boss, has political ambitions. On one hand, he seemed to want an expedient resolution to the case so that it appears good and tidy to the public, notwithstanding the questions surrounding the case. At the end, he acceded to Kim Hye Soo, likely because there was no choice at that time. I hope he is a straight and fair character on the overall.

I don't have much impression of Kim Moo Yul yet. Lee Jung Eun has not appeared.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I don't have much impression of Kim Moo Yul yet. Lee Jung Eun has not appeared.

Hi thanks for opening this thread. Keep watching @Chocolate   

Episode 1 ES first appearance was very cold , I am sure we will all get to know her as the drama progresses. 

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I'm on episode 7 now.

** there are some spoilers below **

Not sure about you guys but I cried for episode 3-4. The drama also reveals Judge Cha Tae Ju's backstory. Contrary to the first two episodes, the show do show us there is case where the kid(s) do genuinely want to be good but couldn't out of survival.

I'm on the same page with you @Chocolate about the Juvenile Judge's workload and responsibilities! Not only they have the kiddos they have to watch over but they also have to audit the juvenile reform or home they assigned the juvenile to.

Judge Kang was definitely upright when he was young but had changed over the years. Not saying he is corrupted now but he's definitely seen and experienced enough to let "some things" slide or learnt to be less uptight like Judge Sim. Although the face of the Judge was never shown on purpose, but I am pretty sure he was the one who scolded Tae Ju and pulled him out of the wrong path, and Tae Ju doesn't know it was him.

@UnniSara Judge Sim has a backstory that will explain why she became so cold and hates the juvenile offenders, even though she actually doesn't based on the next few episodes' cases she presided. Her backstory hasn't been fully revealed yet but I'm guessing she might have had a child but the child died, and it was caused by a juvenile. There was a man (a Prosecutor) who came looking for her. Their conversation suggested they may have had a relationship and it ended due to the tragedy of someone's death. He was worried about her since her doctor called him telling him she hasn't been to counselling and he also asked if she's been eating well if not she might die. Judge Sim just coldly responded she was already dead 5 years ago. She was also shown heading to a grave/columbariam but we don't get to see who she was visiting yet.

Actress Lee Jung Eun hasn't appeared yet...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
26 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Judge Kang was definitely upright when he was young but had changed over the I years. Not saying he is corrupted now but he's definitely seen and experienced enough to let "some things" slide or learnt to be less uptight like Judge Sim. Although the face of the Judge was never shown on purpose, but I am pretty sure he was the one who scolded Tae Ju and pulled him out of the wrong path, and Tae Ju doesn't know it was him.

I agree with you @mademoiselle Choi Tae Ju will be the voice of reason that will help Judge Kang see , Judges can really help young offender get their second chances. Episode 3- 4 was also instense and finding out Tae Ju's childhood was painful to watch. Tj's mom is wotking real hard for forgivenss but still ignorant to what her son like to eat. 

I agree Judge Sim past is being revealed slowly like from this scene. The Box that isn't unpacked and mysterious phone call and text??? 

I am still on episode 4 for now. 

Going to bed now.  Will watch the rest later. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886accf2dcfab156cc732

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886accf2dcfab156cc732

• Like 4

@UnniSara Tae Ju's past was quite short and rather than Tae Ju's mom being ignorant, I think Tae Ju chose not to tell his mom that he doesn't like that side dish because his father liked it. There's very little information about their real relationship (to others they seem very close but are they?) but I think Tae Ju rather bears the burden of this little secret than tells the mom he doesn't like it which may hurt her feelings and she's probably already felt guilty being the mother she couldn't protect her son and that it led to him committing patricide.

I'm done with all the episodes. I always forgot to ask/say: do judges and lawyers always have to read those mountain of papers? It'd have put me to Zzz, and those poor trees. So much print-out. 

The last two episodes were about gang rape and the two main perpertrators were the children related to Judge Sim's past. I kind of knew it would lead to her confronting her past. The bit where she finally opened those boxes had me in so much tears. I so wish her husband (I like this actor) can be there to hold her tight and they comfort each other. It saddens me so much that she's dealing with the loss alone and even sadder that she has a horrible mother-in-law and this husband was useless in protecting her from being abused by his mother, even after they have divorced. Surely she can file a restraining order against this crazy woman...?

I love Lee Sung Min in here. Tae Ju finds out he was the judge from the past and the scene where they bid their farewell also had me in tears. I can't say I wasn't sad that Lee Sung Min left so that he could be replaced by actress Lee Jung Eun. I think Lee Sung Min put up such a good performances for the first 6.5 episodes that after Lee Jung Eun taking over his position makes the show kind of pale a lot, even though the point of it was to bring to light and connect the story to Sim Eun Seok's past.

I just love how in the finale episode, the drama showed us he's now a lawyer but still make sure to protect Eun Seok/Tae Ju. He was a good person, a good judge with a great goal he wanted to achieve. His ambition had good intentions. He's not the best father, seeing how much stress he puts on his eldest son that pushes him to stray, even though it was only once. However, I'm sure he's learnt from the mistakes.

That said, I'm so appalled at the overloaded education SK has on their students. Why do society push the children so hard for? Yes they need to focus on their studies at their age, but there's no need to the point of suffocating them with private tuition, extracurricular activities etc. The society is killing the children of the future. Where we are, University degree isn't even that important when looking for a job. It's the job on hands experience that counts once you already got your foot into the industry. The higher the education doesn't guarantee a job and most companies don't even want to hire people with higher degrees because then they'd have to pay higher salary and that doesn't mean that person will be a good worker or has relevant "work" experience.

Ah yes. Netflix did a cut of the scene/lines I like!

• Clapping Hands 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm done with all the episodes. I always forgot to ask/say: do judges and lawyers always have to read those mountain of papers? It'd have put me to Zzz, and those poor trees. So much print-out. 

I beleive so chingu @mademoiselle  the law is so complicated that when they inestiigate a crime, they tend to find more stuff to charge the perpetrator.  So there are alot of information and if this crime isn't their first offense , their file is gets even more bigger. 

• Like 4

Finished ep5 last night and needed to take a break. The cases are depressing. And Judge Shim’s high and mighty attitude grated my nerves in this episode.

It has been cool watching her tell the juveniles and parents the hard truth in a merciless way. She has an exceptional ability to make a concise summary of the crime that just hits you. But with the Pureom Girls Home proprietor, she was wrong. She jumped to the conclusion. The proprietor was also the long suffering type and so didn’t correct / didn’t have the opportunity to explain. Plus why did she have to “serve” the girls at the dinner table or like her daughter says, cook and clean for them? Probation is a punishment. The girls should be made to do basic household chores. They can jolly well get their own bowl of rice. It was frustrating.

Spoiler

Judge Cha committed patricide. Regardless of reason, is it reasonable that he could qualify as a judge with this history? Agree that Judge Kang was the one that inspired him years ago - the switching of screens during that scene made it pretty obvious.

Will be continuing now.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2