Juvenile Justice 소년심판 [2022]

Chocolate

Wow they both looks totally younger/older in the pics compared to the drama.  The bangs are the key.  

Currently about the start episode 4.   Stopped myself from bingeing.  These episodes are heavy at sometimes.

overall good engrossed drama. Am glad each case wraps up.  Doesn’t prolong giving me blood pressure. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

On 2/26/2022 at 5:54 AM, mademoiselle said:

I just love how in the finale episode, the drama showed us he's now a lawyer but still make sure to protect Eun Seok/Tae Ju. He was a good person, a good judge with a great goal he wanted to achieve. His ambition had good intentions. He's not the best father, seeing how much stress he puts on his eldest son that pushes him to stray, even though it was only once. However, I'm sure he's learnt from the mistakes.

I finished the series yesterday. I needed to think on what to write. This drama brought me to tears to may times to count how many. 
Eun Seok story was just sad and so was her husband story. Clearly he loves his wife and she still loves him but the fact they lost their son, brought her to much pain.  He is in pain from the loss but for her the pain is still too raw. I think now that her son kind of got Justice she can lay it to rest. Tae Ju scene was sweet because the judge did have great ambitions but how he was going for that ambitions was trampling on the victim he wanted to protect too. He was really in a hard place. His leaving changed the mood in the drama. About the son, he made a mistake on how he showed his love. He wasn’t trying to push him to cheat but pushing him to do better for himself. Sadly everyone forget that it all people mental state are strong. Eun Seok words was uplifting to his son because the sone idolize his father. He wants to follow in his father’s footsteps. Now he is more attentive to his sons. 

This drama showed that the ones who try to make a difference tend to lose sight of their own family not because they don’t care but because there is no balance @mademoiselle in how much attention and love they give to both of their passion.
Do you agree?? 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I finished all the episodes today and really enjoyed it. There were a lot of meaningful lessons about the flaws in the judicial system for juveniles. The responsibility of the judges who work in this department is so heavy. I was stressed just reading how much they give their life to their work. :PikaRIP:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

I also finished this drama in just 2 days. It was a very good drama and I'm sad they only make it as 10 episodes :cry:

The message theme is circled on how family contributed to the juvenile crime rates, this message is a also become the center theme of the Voice 4 drama too. 

Spoiler

@TofuBtw in the end of ep 10, the tattoed face boy is the same as in ep 1 that got sentenced for murdering the young boy isn't he?  

20220228-192018.jpg

@ktcjdrama@abs-oluteM@peperomiaI sincerely suggest you all a crime lover watcher to try this. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@UnniSara If what we see is true to real life in most of the kdramas then the answer is clear—there is no balance between work and life in South Korea. Both judges were seen working to late 10pm or even 12am for some of these cases. Even if they really only have to work till 7-8pm, that's still very long hours. For Judge Kang has reached the position he is, he must have to work really hard to get this far and this includes regular business meeting (drinks) with higher-up and so on. Plus by description, a juvenile judge doesn't just end in giving out a sentence, they have to follow up on those kids. There is no way he could spare time for his sons.

For now it seems Judge Kang has lost his chance in politics but it is still possible for him in the future. SK people are forgetful so after a while they'll forgive and forget and Judge Kang can run for the party again if they are willing to take him back, especially if he makes a name for himself as a lawyer.

Waaaa @SilverMoonTea I am surprised you are loving it so much. Hahaha. You were right, the last kid does look like the first kid in episode 1. Agree the juvenile crime rates are contributed by upbringing in a family. The parents are accountable for how their children turn out. However, the kids themselves are also responsible for their own choice in life. Some like Tae Ju chose to be good, whereas some like Hwang In Joon and Baek Do Hyun will never learn because they have no guidance from good adults and can't differentiate right from wrong since young.

• Clapping Hands 3
16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I sincerely suggest you all a crime lover watcher to try this.

Thanks! I bookmarked this and will try to watch it soon. I see Kim Hye Soo is in it so that's a huge plus.

16 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The message theme is circled on how family contributed to the juvenile crime rates, this message is a also become the center theme of the Voice 4 drama too.

I did watch Voice 4 and really liked it. There was something special about it compared to the previous seasons. I think I understand the theme message you are referring to.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

This is a great drama. :wow2: Ep 8 gave me a chest pain because of the head judge's decision but I like how it was explained. I'm on Ep 9 now. Definitely something I would recommend to anyone who likes crime/courtroom dramas. Hope there were more episodes or maybe season 2.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

I’m finally done! Took me longer than expected as I didn’t find it necessary to chase the next episode. Probably because each case finishes in 2 episodes and the common thread of Judge Shim’s backstory was not that gripping.

I was glad to finally see Judge Na. She seemed like a real b**** at the beginning, as if she only cared about getting the cases out of the way and not about getting justice. Her put downs with a smile on her face were quite eerie.

Her reason for behaving that way was later explained and I think it is common in some industries. To do the work without involving feelings so that one can be impartial and also have some work-life balance? Ask a doctor or a lawyer, after years of hearing the same sob stories, for example cancer or spousal abuse, they become innured. Not that they don’t have compassion, but they have seen so many similar cases, it is no longer unique to create new feelings. But then again, if a person becomes totally immune, it is also time to leave the job. Judge Cha is the other extreme, where he is so full of empathy that he overlooks how evil some juveniles can be. So a balance is necessary.

Both Juvenile Justice and Through The Darkness seem to point the finger at bad parenting for children growing up to be criminals. I don’t agree with that. Apart from the genetic cases (like in Mouse), I think each person needs to bear responsibility in how they turn out. Of course, some people sadly can’t catch a break no matter how they try (like that boy who ended in a coma). But effort should make a difference (like Judge Cha).

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Caught the first couple of episodes on the weekend and thought it was off to a good start. Kim Hye-soo is always a reliable lead and it's good to see Kim Mu-yeol in something like this. The two are immediately positioned as yin and yang which is always fun if done well. Surprisingly they didn't clash all that much. While Cha Tae-joo is big on empathy and sympathy, he's not so emotional that he loses his ability to think through the issues. I appreciate the show making the point that neither one approach is better and there's room for both to co-exist in the same space because there are advantages on either side. I also liked the courtroom theatrics in this -- it's the reason why I watch legal dramas in general.

Having not yet watched the entire series I can only assume that Shim Eun-seok's harsh attitude towards young perpetrators stems from some kind of past trauma. It's practically the staple of K dramas. It also wasn't difficult to work out in the first case that the suspect was more an accomplice rather than dominant offender. I'm also glad that the show focused more on the victim's family here to focus not so much on the crime itself which was heinous but the consequences of the crime.

Although I can see that parental neglect is the primary reason attributed to the first crime featured here, I don't think the show puts the blame entirely on parents. Of course parents would be the first port of call, so to speak, because these are underage offenders. In the case of the pickpocket Seol-a, however, the problem is a little more layered. Even with interventions and the best of intentions, it's not so easy to break some of habits of the past. 

Crime is overall is a far more complex problem than just the result of bad parenting. There's also the issue of character and peer pressure. Not everyone who suffered neglect or abuse as a child turn out unlikeable or criminal. Societal triggers also contribute. Anyone can fall prey to crime given the right catalysts and circumstances but I think the research also shows that a good upbringing in a functional two-parent family does give a child the best start to life. I certainly don't understand why the primary culprit in the first murder was left to her own devices when she had a known mental health condition. It begs the question as to whether parents should be so focused on providing materially for their children that they forget that every child has emotional and spiritual needs as well.

Perhaps this show is really commenting on the culture of modern South Korea more than it is a straightforward indictment on poor parenting. There's certainly something rotten going on in Denmark at its core. Dysfunctional families certainly have a large part to play. Still the kids don't get off scott free. Of course individual responsibility matters because no parent here is being convicted for poor parenting. 

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.