I May Love You 对你不止是喜欢 [2023]

NiteWalker

ImageTitle: 对你不止是喜欢 / Dui Ni Bu Zhi Shi Xi Huan
English title: I May Love You
Genre: Romance
Episodes: 24
Broadcast network: Mango TV
Broadcast period: November 25th, 2023

Original Writing: Dui Ni Bu Zhi Shi Xi Huan (对你不止是喜欢) by Bai Yan Chuan (陌言川)
Director: Lin Yi

Cast:

Wei Zhe Ming
Huang Ri Ying

Synopsis:

For several years, screenwriter Tang Xin has been in love with her manager Tang Yu—even though he is smitten with her best friend! She’s been bottling up her emotions, hoping nobody will discover her secret. That all changes one fateful day when her friend finally tells Tang Yu she isn’t interested in him. Tang Xin plucks up the courage to confess her true feelings to her boss; who promptly rejects her! Crestfallen, Tang Xin decides to turn over a new leaf – and hands in her resignation. But Tang Yu doesn’t want Tang Xin to leave the company, and tries to convince her to stay. Can he do it? And, despite the ensuing awkwardness, could love come calling for this duo? (Credit)

Official Site

Weibo l Douban l Baidu

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Tofu i found myself falling asleep trying to watch.   Forced myself several times to make it to episode 2.  It never happened.   I agree with you it’s disheartening seeing this woman chase him around.   

since cdramas take FOREVER to get to the point. I jumped straight to episode 7.   It gets better.   My only reason for watching is I enjoy the ML.  He does an excellent job in other two dramas. That is why am watching.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:31 PM, Mizv said:

@Tofu i found myself falling asleep trying to watch.   Forced myself several times to make it to episode 2.  It never happened.   I agree with you it’s disheartening seeing this woman chase him around.   

since cdramas take FOREVER to get to the point. I jumped straight to episode 7.   It gets better.   My only reason for watching is I enjoy the ML.  He does an excellent job in other two dramas. That is why am watching.

I agree, the beginning was a little strange. And just like you, I watched purely for Miles Wei - no regrets, he delivers!  I've finished till E18 and I must say the scriptwriter did a pretty decent job for the ML's lines. Particularly when in E15-17, when he tells her how he really feels and explains his initial behaviour, those are believable explanations and the FL's response to him, I can understand because I am someone who would respond just like that. So, there's at least a bit of depth to the characters than the normal romance script.

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2