Original Writing: Gui Lu (归路) by Mo Bao Fei Bao
Director:
Screenwriter: Mo Bao Fei Bao

Novel Translation:  https://hui3r.wordpress.com/mo-bao-fei-bao/the-road-home/

Cast:

Jing BoRan
Tan SongYun

Synopsis

Many years after breaking up, when Gui Xiao runs into her first love again at the gas station, he is already a soldier, a member of the Armed Police. Though they broke up at a very young age, her heart has never forgotten him.

(Source: hui3r wordpress & mydramalist)

Additional Links

Weibo l Baidu l Douban

• Like 6
  • Star Struck 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, movingwheel said:

@NiteWalker i saw it on YT. Pls translate if possible. 😃

they were eating spicy foods and at one point TSY says she wants to drink some water, so JB offers to get some for her. Nana immediately protests he’s never gotten her water. And then he asks TSY if she wants warm water, to which Nana says he’s never asked her what kind of temperature water she likes. So JB tells Nana she reminds him of his mom… likes to eat vinegar (get jealous). 😂😂😂

cute exchange!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

1 hour ago, themarchioness said:

they were eating spicy foods and at one point TSY says she wants to drink some water, so JB offers to get some for her. Nana immediately protests he’s never gotten her water. And then he asks TSY if she wants warm water, to which Nana says he’s never asked her what kind of temperature water she likes. So JB tells Nana she reminds him of his mom… likes to eat vinegar (get jealous). 😂😂😂

cute exchange!

i like their ex-change, it was really comfortable, just like friends gathering sitting and chatting or play catching up....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i think SongYun looks good with all her ML cause she is petite in size and they can easily carry her in their pocket if possible 

:laugh:

plus she has a cute face too.... but again i think i would say her acting is also good hence chemistry flaunts with every actor ..

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

I saw this teaser, and was in love with the OTP. Apparently she is an investment director and he is an EOD soldier (explosives ordnance disposal), at least that's what baidu says for now. AND apparently his parents have arranged a marriage for him when they meet again. So, this is gonna be angsty but I am sure dramas that Seven Tan (ST) stars in typically are well written.

At least, JBR looks the part of a soldier :laugh: (sorry I was thinking of a lawyer with a bad hair do). I think ST is someone who knows how to identify her competitive advantage in this highly competitive market. In a world where one's appearance and height can put one at a disadvantage, she's been able to carve out a space for herself, identify scripts with good potential, showcase her acting ability and have a good working relationship with her co-stars (she endears herself to them, the chemistry is great, and her shows gain a favourable viewing which augurs well for her in getting new projects). 

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
17 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@40somethingahjumma trust you to highlight the most salient aspect of Jing Bo Ran! I will anticipate that kiss, going by the teaser it certainly looks good, drat the distracting lights though. :lmao2:

Glad to be of service. ;)

The director obviously agrees with me because I don't remember the last time I saw a teaser come packaged with a kiss although this one's pretty tame compared to what he got up to in The Psychologist. 

The guy kisses like his life depends on it.

Under spoiler tags -- Lip moments in The Psychologist.

Spoiler

• Haha 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma hhhmmm the middle scene in the alley way really fit that description, like his life depended on it. LOL [I wish he could rub off some of his ways on someone else I am watching right now who looks like he is doing it just to make sure the shot looks professional, in a deliberate manner.]

Tbh though, he isn't that good looking in the Psychologist, I might even dare say, he looks quite common place, of course this is my POV only. But that he caught your attention must mean he scored highly in the acting department.

Sometimes I wonder if it's a matter of confidence, that actors especially male ones are able to go that erh extra mile (unless of course they have an unsavoury reputation or are secretly into the co-star). I mean surely, there would be this nagging voice in your head, would my co-star be comfortable with this? Is it ok to go to this extent? (coz I've seen some actually even do a french kiss) Of course, I can understand if they are really comfortable with each other and the female lead also tacitly gives in with encouraging signals during the shoot (putting aside those that are secretly in a relationship where this won't be an issue at all).

As for the tame kiss with Seven, let's wait. This is a teaser so they probably aren't that familiar with each other yet. Let's see if in the course of the actual drama, he'll be able to beat his own track record. hahaha

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Haha 3

@IpohBanana

He may not be the best looking C actor around (I still find him attractive) but he certainly has versatility and I loved the energy he brought to the table which was much needed as Yang Zi's character was rather more stoic. His comedic delivery is delightful. Admittedly the other male lead in Psychologist was pretty bland so it could just be a matter of contrast. ;) I certainly like him more than Yang Yang (sacrilege I know) or Xiao Zhan. 

Seeing that Road Home won't make an appearance for a while, someone will need to tag me when it starts. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.