Road Home 归路 [2023]

15 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@IpohBanana

He may not be the best looking C actor around (I still find him attractive) but he certainly has versatility and I loved the energy he brought to the table which was much needed as Yang Zi's character was rather more stoic. His comedic delivery is delightful. Admittedly the other male lead in Psychologist was pretty bland so it could just be a matter of contrast. ;) I certainly like him more than Yang Yang (sacrilege I know) or Xiao Zhan. 

Seeing that Road Home won't make an appearance for a while, someone will need to tag me when it starts. 

I will happily serve you with tagging... :D :D

YY/ Xiao Zhan both still lack in acting department//... Jing Boran is for Matured audience..!!! and i totally agree with his kissing style... 

I bawled my eyes out in psychologist kiss.... never have I ever such an amazing kiss...i played a couple of times... ;)

TSY is doing pretty amazing these days... Wallace Chung , LGX , Wang Kai , Jing Boran.

I surely don't want his next leading man to be Li Xian. A Big no for me..!

• Haha 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

@40somethingahjumma @movingwheel well, I was a bit hesitant about watching The Psy but since the kissing scenes are such a temptation, I will watch it starting tomorrow when I am done with Master of My Own. As for Xiao Zhan, unless one is gifted I think it takes years to hone one's craft, six years does not an actor make. I am sure his chemistry with the co-star in that particular BL show was warranted but it does not mean one is versatile enough to do well in other shows. Besides, he trained as an idol, and his forte probably is more music than acting. Give him some more years, perhaps he may do better, if he's teachable and smart enough to pick up the finer points of acting.

I am eagerly anticipating the OTP of ST and WK, men in uniform and not just any uniform, an airplane pilot at that too!

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

Apparently she is an investment director and he is an EOD soldier (explosives ordnance disposal), at least that's what baidu says for now. AND apparently his parents have arranged a marriage for him when they meet again. So, this is gonna be angsty but I am sure dramas that Seven Tan (ST) stars in typically are well written.

True! He is on the heels of separating from service when their paths cross again and there's a lot of tension from unresolved history... young loves torn apart from life's circumstances, only having ever loved each other, now tip-toeing around each other once reunited... it's pretty delicious stuff.  Has the link to the translated novel been shared yet?  I searched but didn't see it, so for anyone who'd like to read the book (highly recommend): https://hui3r.wordpress.com/mo-bao-fei-bao/the-road-home/  (Hoju always puts her heart and soul into translations, so you know it will be a good one!)

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@themarchionessi did read the book and i think him being engaged to be married gets resolved in first few chapters pretty quickly after that it’s mostly their journey together. Both of their families don’t like each other. He never intended to marry the other girl anyway. He comes to beijing solely because of her after they meet in inner mongolia where he was already serving.

• Like 2

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

35 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

@themarchionessi did read the book and i think him being engaged to be married gets resolved in first few chapters pretty quickly after that it’s mostly their journey together. Both of their families don’t like each other. He never intended to marry the other girl anyway. He comes to beijing solely because of her after they meet in inner mongolia where he was already serving.

Correct. He never has any intentions of marrying the other girl. The arrangements were all made behind his back and once he learns of it, he deals with it rather tidily. Who knows if they’ll draw it out for the drama, but in the book…

Spoiler

ML’s dad is a drunk and drags the family auto repair shop business into debt. He borrows money from another rich family in town and when they call on the debt, he hasn’t the money to repay it. The other family’s daughter is divorced (if I recall correctly) and fancies herself in love with the ML, so she uses this debt as a way to marry him. He basically gets out of it by borrowing money from close friends and repaying the debt. Dad’s not happy until he realizes either way he never had to repay the debt himself — he’s a horrible dad! The only person unhappy is the would-be fiancée but who cares about her? 😝

Actually there’s not a lot of conflict between the leads once they reunite in the present. The story mostly moves back and forth between the present and past to explain how they fell in love, why they broke up, the adults they became in the meantime, and how their undying love for one another brings them together again for the future. It’s romantic. 

• Like 5

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

14 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

Actually there’s not a lot of conflict between the leads once they reunite in the present. The story mostly moves back and forth between the present and past to explain how they fell in love, why they broke up, the adults they became in the meantime, and how their undying love for one another brings them together again for the future. It’s romantic.

from what i read its like "True Love" being given a 2nd chance...

whats is meant to be will always happen....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

from what i read its like "True Love" being given a 2nd chance...

whats is meant to be will always happen....

Allow me to share one of my favorite quotes. It pops up a few times in the book, but first appears in the prologue. The main story won’t start until about 10-11 years after they parted ways, but in between, about 8-9 years after their parting, they do cross paths once. She asks if he remembers her and he answers, “Yes, I remember you. Even if I were to turn into ashes, I would still remember you.” :heart:

Since I’m sharing quotes from the book. I’ll share another as I find it meaningful and true. This was said in the context of friends discussing the ML’s character. “How high a person can reach depends on chance and luck, but how far he goes depends on his character.” Words to live by!

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

My Fanfics

5 hours ago, IpohBanana said:

sorry I was referring to the co-stars of Flight To You

WK i understand Wang Kai...

What is ST??

@themarchioness the story of Road Home has the potential to become next Love O2O or Peach blossom. it will all depend on the direction and screenplay. Hopefully , the writers will use their talent with maximum potential. 

• Like 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

@movingwheel Seven Tan (my bad, I tend to use her English name, rather than TSY)

I think a 2022 premiere expectation would be too much, right? earliest might be Q2 of 2023? As it's not a costume drama, post-production shouldn't be that demanding, no?

@themarchioness ah, the proverbial 'turning into ashes and I can still recognise you' was something I commonly heard in TVB dramas, while growing up. Though I understand what it's trying to say, I truly question the person's logic for coming up with that phrase. Even forensic science might find it rather challenging to do so:laugh: Hhmmm I wonder if snippets on YT portraying Seven Tan in pig tails are from this drama or possibly from another? Meaning, if the drama is gonna go to and fro, we'll get to see them as teenagers? Yes?

@40somethingahjumma I've watched 5 eps of 

Spoiler

The Psychologist and I understand now why you enjoyed it, given your liking for detective stories. Every case requires analytical skill and critical thinking, and it's solving a mystery of sorts. I come from a HR field, and have dabbled in assessing human behaviour, but my ability pales in comparison with the sort of analysis that the FL can come up with. I am not sure how much of it is fiction and how much of it is research-based (some of it I can see makes sense, but not sure if it's all true). It's the first time I'm watching Jing Bo Ran and he does give off a rather light-hearted vibe in this role - is he versatile, have you seen him in other dramas? His looks are pleasing, not overly handsome and not overly unattractive - I approve!

Edited by IpohBanana
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, themarchioness said:

So they have posted 20 hrs before which means it will come before flight to you.... 

anyway , I was dying to see Wang Kai first but JB is also good.... anything will work... lol...

Seriously can't wait... november seems to be eventful...

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I honestly can't wait for this one -- Jing Boran. That voice. 

Two dramas this year. What a treat. Really enjoyed the A League of Nobleman. 

I predict another good year for C dramas.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.