Writer: Park Seul-Ki, Choi Min-Ho

Network: tvN

Streaming sites: TVING | Rakuten VIKI | VIU

Season 1 Episodes: 12

Season 2 Episodes: 10

Release Date for Season 1: 1 August 2022 - 6 September 2022

Release Date for Season 2: 11 January 2023 - 9 February 203

Websites: Official site | Naver | Namuwiki

Yoo Se-Poong (Kim Min-Jae) is a physician for the royal family. He becomes involved in a conspiracy of the royal family. This leads to his ouster from the royal palace and he begins to work in the strange, but, beautiful, Gyesu Village. There, Yoo Se-Poong meets Seo Eun-Woo (Kim Hyang-Gi) and Gye Ji-Han (Kim Sang-Kyung). Yoo Se-Poong develops into a doctor who treats a patients' physical ailments and also their mental pains (source: AsianWiki).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 3

Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi, And Kim Sang Kyung To Star In New Historical Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

A new drama starring Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi, and Kim Sang Kyung is coming soon!

On January 27, the production team of tvN’s upcoming drama titled “Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong” (literal title) announced, “Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi, and Kim Sang Kyung are confirmed to star in the drama.”

The new drama depicts the story of Yoo Se Poong, a well-known internal medicine doctor who gets expelled from the royal court after being caught up in a conspiracy. Afterwards, he meets Gye Ji Han and Seo Eun Woo in the strange and beautiful Gyesu village and works to become a true doctor who heals the heart. The drama is based on a novel of the same title.

Kim Min Jae assumes the role of the warm-hearted Yoo Se Poong, who is a chief acupuncturist with skills amazing enough to be called the legend of the royal palace. He also has a gentle appearance like that of a young man from a prestigious family. However, while chasing success, he becomes caught up in an unexpected incident and loses his great ability as an acupuncturist.

Last year, Kim Min Jae took on his first comedic role as Jin Moo Hak in the show “Dali and Cocky Prince,” and he will be making a new transformation into a doctor for this next role. The actor said, “I acted sincerely in order to give some happiness and comfort to viewers. It’s an enjoyable and warm production so please look forward to it and show lots of love.”

Kim Hyang Gi will play the role of Seo Eun Woo, a widow with a twist who infers the stories of those who are heartbroken. As the daughter of a noble family, she has sharp observation skills and extraordinary empathy. Seo Eun Woo feels wronged by her sudden marriage, and in the midst of being in danger of involuntarily becoming a wife who stays virtuous to her deceased husband, she meets Yoo Se Poong and faces dramatic changes. Kim Hyang Gi said, “I think it is a production that will give warmth to both myself and the viewers. I will try my best to show you a good appearance.”

Lastly, Kim Sang Kyung will take on the role of the eccentric doctor, Gye Ji Han. He is the doctor of Sorak village who hides his warmth under a grumpy personality. Although Gye Ji Han makes a bad first impression as someone who seems to be materialistic and obsessed with money, he is actually a sincere person the more you get to know him. Then one day, he will lead Yoo Se Poong towards the path of becoming a true doctor that heals the heart.

When discussing the character, Kim Sang Kyung said, “Gye Ji Han seems like an eccentric doctor, but on the inside, he is a really warm doctor. He is keeping a big secret, so I think he will feel like a charming character to everyone. I will do my best to comfort many people during these difficult times through this work.”

“Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong” will premiere in the second half of this year.

source

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I wonder if they plan to delay the release date because a bus carrying staff members got into a big accident. One of staff member died and others were seriously injured. :cry:

A PD passed away and others are injured. Both Kim Hyang Gi and Kim Min Jae have took to their own social media account requesting the public to donate blood. Apparently they are short of blood because if the person is COVID positive, they cannot give blood for weeks.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 2
4 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Apparently they are short of blood because if the person is COVID positive, they cannot give blood for weeks.

I'm glad they are bringing awareness to this even though it was not under the best circumstances. Blood supply is short here too. I get an email and phone call every time I'm eligible to donate (a person can donate every two months). I don't have a rare blood type, it's a very common one. However, being O+, anyone who has a positive blood type can receive my blood. 

That's unfortunate that they cannot donate for weeks. When I donate at the American Red Cross, they test for COVID and still accept donations. I'm assuming those COVID positive blood donations are going to patients who are in the hospital for COVID. 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 9:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

What's the reason of the short blood supply in the US?

I have no idea why I never saw this message! I think people are just less likely to donate because COVID. Plus, I think the demands for blood is a lot higher now because of COVID.

Yay for updates! I saw Kim Min Jae posted about it on his Instagram. August 1st is sooooooo far away though. :letalQQ:

• Like 3

Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi, And Kim Sang Kyung Are Ready To Heal Hearts In Upcoming Drama Posters

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

tvN’s upcoming drama “Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong” (literal title) shared new posters of the main leads!

Based off a novel of the same name, “Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong” depicts the story of Yoo Se Poong (Kim Min Jae), a well-known internal medicine doctor who gets expelled from the royal court after being caught up in a conspiracy. Afterwards, he meets Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi) and Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung) in the strange and beautiful Gyesu village and works to become a true doctor who heals the heart.

The newly released posters capture the three doctors of Gyesu village. Yoo Se Poong smiles warmly in his new poster. With outstanding acupuncture skills and a gentle appearance, Yoo Se Poong is a star doctor for the royal family, and he is well-known for being a top doctor. However, the text on his poster reads, “A genius doctor who lost his abilities as an acupuncturist. He feels the pulse of one’s heart,” raising questions about what incident will cause him to lose his abilities. Furthermore, next to his name Yoo Se Poong is the name Yoo Se Yeob in parentheses, making viewers wonder about the story behind his name.

Kim-Min-Jae2.jpeg

Seo Eun Woo’s eyes shine brightly, filled with dreams and curiosity. The text on her poster reads, “Jack-of-all-trades and unexpected widow Seo Eun Woo, she deduces the stories of those who are heartbroken,” hinting at how she has great empathy for others. After a sudden marriage, Seo Eun Woo becomes in danger of involuntarily becoming a wife who stays virtuous to her deceased husband, but she meets Yoo Se Poong and faces dramatic changes. Viewers are anticipating Seo Eun Woo’s transformation into a doctor who truly heals hearts.

Kim-Hyang-Gi1.jpeg

Gye Ji Han exudes great charisma in his poster, revealing a look of dissatisfaction. The liquor bottle and coins on his poster seem to hint at how Gye Ji Han is rumored to be a greedy and eccentric doctor. However, Gye Ji Han’s firm and deep gaze convey his years of experience, and despite his outward appearance, Gye Ji Han is actually a sincere person who eventually becomes a mentor to Yoo Se Poong. The text on his poster reads, “An eccentric and greedy doctor becomes a mentor who looks rough on the outside but is soft on the inside.”

Kim-Sang-Kyung1.jpeg

The production team shared, “These three ‘heart doctors,’ who will go beyond treating the wounded body and heart to discover the root cause, will deliver refreshing laughter and healing energy with their outstanding performances. The story of them empathizing with the pain of those who are wounded while delivering comfort and support will be a powerful remedy that is absolutely necessary for this era.”

“Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong” will premiere on August 1 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

source

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

tvN | Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong | 12 episodes | premiere on August, 1 | stills.

bb7d2bfc84ab8eaaf9887fb6dbdf112cffdd0ddd

ca8f2fd4bac89745754797ee6c5a724526daf5c1

a2d09042ff16b4d4d1ed072f8013ff0791be9eea

Credit: tvN Drama/YouTube Screenshot

Spoiler

0001473321-001-20220711091201436.jpg

The poster for tvN's upcoming series, "Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se-poong"

/ Courtesy of tvN

'read on for more details'

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/07/398_332542.html#

https://epicstream.com/article/poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-unveils-new-poster-featuring-main-cast-members-kim-min-jae-kim-hyang-gi-and-kim-sang-kyung-describe-k-drama

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan