Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong 조선 정신과 의사 유세풍 [2022-2023]

By Pierce Conran.

K-drama Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist:

Kim Min Jae plays a masterful doctor in period drama adapted from novel of the same name.

3af33ec3-23cf-4082-9933-ee034b34292d-518

aaeef644-dbfd-407e-ad08-947a5af524a3-fc6

Spoiler

a09d38f7-774b-4370-8ed2-d62a4c5d9673-39b

7f882856-53fa-41c3-8ba0-4289fe3a6d63-b00

c4826e5f-72b8-4117-bfa8-cf8c5b5b4614-d2b

'click on the link'

source:

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/k-pop/k-drama/article/3187643/k-drama-poong-joseon-psychiatrist-kim-min-jae-plays#Echobox=1659589380

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I was worried about the chemistry but safe to say by the end of episode 2, I think the pairing is growing on me. I like what the drama is going for - healing is not just physical. A lot of times the physical ailments we have are a result of the suffering that we're going through emotionally & mentally. That's why I love that last bit when they went to the ladies night market. Her face lit up ( and so did his), and it was the medicine she needed. I think @Tofu you had a really nice gif for that scene right?

@twink_twink_ that writer/ reviewer from the SCMP can be quite unforgiving and I sometimes don't really concur with some of his reviews. But he seems okay with this show so far or maybe because he was doing a plug for Viu? LOL 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 8/3/2022 at 1:20 PM, Tofu said:

Yes to Kim Min Jae's voice!! It's honestly one of the reasons why I wanted to watch this. Kim Min Jae and Wu Lei should stop having dramas in the same year because they will forever be my favs (maybe I'm just extremely bias -- by the way, I can't get behind the hype with Junho even though I like Kang Tae Oh. I'm so overly protected of people with developmental disabilities that I only see him as someone not worthy----HAHAHAHA!! Don't come for me, Junho fandom!

LOL, isn't it good to have it same year, every year so you can a good balanced dosage of them both from the C and K sides? :laugh: I'm the more the merrier type coz it's never certain that I'll like all of my Oppa deul's projects.

How did Kim Min Jae become your extreme/fav bias? I didn't see you swoon over him in Brahms. Or the love only deepened because of Dali & Cocky Prince?

Spoiler

I'm not sure what is the hype too. You know which character/drama I'm obsessed with 😅 so this one is like... "calm... no fast hard beat" when watching, but I'm guessing it's because (1) he sees the good in Young Woo and likes her for who she is since for most of us, we wouldn't know how to act/react and in an attempt not to say/do the wrong thing unintentionally to offend, the approach is put a distance (2) he's playing a good character.

Is there any real life cases that you know where the relationship is successful between autistic individual and a non-autistic individual? Why do you think Jun Ho is not worthy? So far he's been kind and sincere and true to his feelings. Or do you are just concerned since this would likely change once he's gotten to be with an autistic person more - like you said there will be time he will get frustrated with her. I'm thinking as long as he gets over the frustration and they made up it'll be OK.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

tumblr-b1875ddea14097d44cd378e517db8f16-

Reporter Park So Young. 

0004673502-001-20220806195703867.jpg

Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong is dropping a prescription for happiness on viewers and creating a healing wind.

Yoo Se Poong (Yoo Se Yeop / Kim Min Jae), a 'chief acupuncturist' who lost everything and was unable to sleep after being caught up in a conspiracy in the court, gave a warm impression when he entered the hospital.

Yoo Se Poong and Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi) who rescued each other from the edge of the cliff, from the 'two-way salvation' narrative to the geeky medics Gye Ji Han (Kim Sang Kyung) received favorable reviews for the 'fresh' synergy of the actor. The audience reaction was also enthusiastic. Amid favorable reviews, the second episode's ratings rose to an average of 5.1% and a maximum of 6.1% per minute, signaling a pleasant start. (Based on national household standards for a paid platform that integrates cable, IPTV, and satellite / provided by Nielsen Korea)

Above all, the growth of the upheaval in the face of upheaval in life caused viewers to become over-immersed. The change in the campaign wind, which has been freed from the darkness by itself and is presenting a new light of hope to others, has properly attacked the sympathy. Yoo Se Poong vowed to abandon his obsession with 'spitting' and start over from what he could do as a member of the legislature. While more active in 'deliberation' which heals the heart was expected, we looked at the three-stage change of the campaign that made viewers 'blessed.'

'tap'

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

@mademoiselle I've always liked him but his character in Brahms was not my favorite. Park Joon Young was a very frustrating character. I started liking him more in Dali. I think the one thing I appreciate about Kim Min Jae is that he's always trying out different characters. There are a few actors out there that plays the same type of character repeatedly, and I like it when someone challenge their acting abilities. 

Spoiler

I think one of the biggest reason is that the character is unrealistic. When you decide to be with someone who is on the spectrum, it comes with challenges. Those challenges are more than just your friends/family tell you it's not a good idea. You learn to be more patient, to be more forgiving, to see things differently, to express yourself differently, etc. The drama does a really poor job of showing this. Even when Junho researched about what to do when someone has sensory overload, they should have shown us that. That's such a big part of autism and to just throw in a line that he read about it in a conversation was kind of meh to me. I don't know, maybe I am just being super harsh on the character. Haha! I do like him, but I think the drama could have done more to develop his character so it's a bit more realistic. 

Yes! There have been successful marriages/relationships between someone who is on the spectrum and someone who isn't. I have a few clients who's dated people not on the spectrum. There's been a mixed of good and bad ones. In general, I am just more critical because I don't like seeing them get hurt. I want to protect them forever, but I also know that I can't. :cry:

Amy Schumer, the comedian/actress, is married to someone on the spectrum. I think she talked about it openly before. Lionel Messi is someone that's rumored to have Asperger. I swear I read something about this at least annually about him. Haha! 

@abs-oluteM I liked that part too! It was really nice of Se Poong to come up with this plan to get her out of the house. 

PJP-07v2-T.gif

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I just realized that because the grandma kept calling him Poong, he changed his name from Yoo Se Yeob to Yoo Se Poong. It probably not because of just the grandma, it seems like the new name has a deeper meaning -- the start of a new life. 

• Like 2

Daily Sports Reporter Jung Jin Young.

Hello Ga Young, a singer-songwriter with a light and pleasant tone, meets viewers in small screens with the OST.

0003224290-001-20220809093901485.jpg

Photo = Provided by Most Content.

Hello Ga Young, she was selected as the second OST runner for the tvN Monday - Tuesday drama Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong, and her new song 'I Think I Like You A Lot' will be released at 6 pm on the 9th.  'I Think I Like You A Lot' is a song that combines the warm acoustic guitar sound and the piano melody with Hello Ga Young's signature mellow vocals. she expressed her heart for the person she likes honestly. In the last two episodes, she has appeared in the scene of a woman outing.

Hello Ga Young, a singer songwriter who recently released a digital single 'My Day Is Too Long' and is engaged in various activities such as broadcasting and performances. Her song is received a lot of love from the public.

poong-the-joseon-psychiatrist-ost-part-1

Spoiler

source:

https://isplus.com/2022/08/09/enter/entertainment/20220809093828036.html

https://genius.com/Solji-by-your-side-lyrics

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

The best thing about eps 3 was that she left her in laws. Yup, she cut off ties with them and she will now go learn medicine under the clinic so she can improve her autopsy skills. Poong was the one who suggested it . This show is becoming like a historical investigative drama that reminds me very much of the c-drama that I love called  The Imperial Coroner. I love them working together!

Looks like eps 4 will see them needing to prove Man Bok's innocence

• Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Export News Reporter Ha Ji Won.

Baek Seok Kwang, the violence behind the good looking face … 'intense presence' (Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong).

0001487058-001-20220810104901509.jpg

Actor Baek Seok Kwang left a strong presence in 'Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong'.

Baek Seok Kwang appeared on the fourth episode of Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong in tvN's Monday-Tuesday (hereafter 'Yoo Se Yeop') as the two-faced Gil Soo.

Spoiler

0001487058-002-20220810104901537.jpg

Photo = tvN

'tap'

source:

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1616150#_DYAD

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

tumblr-a3002176503cb819e8bba74695e70838-

Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong | conspiracy in the court | stills

source:

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Heart Eyes 2

OSEN=Reporter Park Pan Seok.

202208140901775153-62f83d02d5b97-300x.jp

'Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong' Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi, and Kim Sang Kyung captivated viewers with their 'healing' magic with a different depth of empathy.

The tvN Monday-Tuesday drama Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong (directed by Park Won Guk, Kang Hee Joo, sript written by Park Seul Gi, Choi Min Ho, Lee Bom, production Studio Dragon, Media Can, Ilchwoljang) side announced on the 14th, "Deliberation", where a healing smile calls a panacea. The three members Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi and Kim Sang Kyung's behind-the-scenes cuts were released.

photo1511802.jpg

Photo= Courtesy of tvn.

'Joseon Psychiatrist Yoo Se Poong' brought pleasant laughter and warm sympathy through the activities of the three 'hearts' who go beyond the healing of the body and mind to the cause. Yoo Se Poong (Kim Min Jae), who gave up his obsession and started a new life as a member of the council, Seo Eun Woo (Kim Hyang Gi), who regained his name and decided to become a legislator. Meanwhile, Kim Min Jae, Kim Hyang Gi and Kim Sang Kyung's warm back appearance in the published photos provokes a smile.

'click on the link'

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111919222#_ace

• Like 2