Crash Course In Romance 일타스캔들 [2023]

The mothers are so infuriating! I wish Chi Yeol wouldn't yield to their boycotting since they needed him more than he needed them. And what with that female student crying and running out of the class ~ such a drama queen, gosh.

That said I had a 💡moment. Technically Choi Chi Yeol can still tutor Hae Yi through a video call. DUH! They should have just do that from the beginning. Of course then we wouldn't have a show to begin with. Haha. Amidst all this, the most concerning question for me is without Haeng Seon's food, can Choi Chi Yeol eat other food? Or he could already eat other food after he found out the reason why he only likes her food...?

NEW STILLS

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

O yeah... the truth is finally out! I love that the closing montage right after the reveal was made up of scenes of HS and Hae Yi. What they have is precious. Kudos to Hae Yi for braving herself to reveal their true relationship.

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And what with that female student crying and running out of the class ~ such a drama queen, gosh.

Yeah... you're going to see more dramas by the students... protesting CCY in front of the building to the point of burning his books. #rolleyes

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

the most concerning question for me is without Haeng Seon's food, can Choi Chi Yeol eat other food? Or he could already eat other food after he found out the reason why he only likes her food...?

LOL... I've been very concerned about this too, not only in this week's episodes, but last week's too, when he treated them to the lavish dinner. I kept worrying that he's going to start vomiting eating all those non-HS food, hahahaaa...

So I guess we could go with your theory that he could now eat other food after being fed and satisfied by the comfort food that he's been missing for many years.

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

Wahhh HY. I really feel sorry for her . A girl her age need not have to deal with all this . But I appreciate her doing this to defend her aunt 

And we have the kiss 😘 

oh no @mademoiselle as we had feared about Manager Ji

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yeah... you're going to see more dramas by the students... protesting CCY in front of the building to the point of burning his books. #rolleyes

It’s shocking to see the celebrity culture affecting someone who essentially is just an educator. I mean he’s not even a k pop idol & they behave like they own him , This I think is a bit of an exaggeration on the show’s part 😅

• Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I mean he’s not even a k pop idol & they behave like they own him

Exactly my same thoughts... The parents also think they own him. I still don't understand how these people think, and how they can survive later in life with these kinds of mindset. Anyway, if I were them, I probably won't really care too much about my teacher's personal life, especially a math teacher. I want to learn the skill and knowledge, not his life values. It's not like he is a religious leader. Besides, it's supposedly only falling in love, not sleeping together, and they made it to be so scandalous. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

By Pop News

'"Crash Course In Romance', its own highest ratings 13.5% , this wasn't just a dream Jeon Do Yeon Jung Kyung Ho have kissed"

maxresdefault.jpg

72b5a4d9-91a0-41ac-bb14-13c369c9184e.jpg

tvN's Saturday and Sunday drama 'Crash Course In Romance' (directed by Yoo Je Won, written by Yang Hee Seung) is continuing its hot craze by breaking its own highest ratings.

According to Nielsen Korea, an audience rating research company, the 10th episode of 'Crash Course In Romance', which aired on the 12th, recorded a national average of 13.5%. The highest audience rating at the moment soared to 15.3%.

Once again, it broke the nation's highest viewership rating. 'Crash Course In Romance' proved to be a trending drama by firmly holding the No. 1 spot in the same time slot across all channels.

On this day's broadcast, Haeng Seon (Jeon Do Yeon) and Chi Yeol (Jung Kyung Ho) became the main characters of the scandal were drawn. They chose a heartbreaking breakup while hiding their feelings for each other.

c24e36c7-8929-42d4-99d9-b3b924619398.jpg

<Photo Source=tvN>

Haeng Seon was held in the arms of the lord and said, “My heart hurts so much. I must have liked him a lot.” She shed tears and made viewers turn to get their weekly cry fix now feels mixed.

Hae Yi (Noh Yoon Seo) decided to reveal that Haeng Seon was her aunt, not her real mother. She adorned the ending with a cider comment, “This is not a scandal, this is a romance.” She couldn't take her eyes off it until the last epilogue. She discovered that Haeng Seon was fierce and strong, full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back, Haeng Seon gave excitement with a romantic kiss. She falls in love. It raised high expectations for the future development of romance.

'Crash Course In Romance' is a romance drama. It is broadcast every Saturday to Sunday at 9:10 pm.

http://m.heraldpop.com/

• Like 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Finally caught up! Had held off watching this for so long cos of work that I thought it had completed its run and I could binge the end while on leave (just for 2 days), but here I am at the end of episode 10! And interestingly, I’m at a cafe now and seated near me is a table of Korean mums who were out for a talk and ahem… I guess Korean mums really gather in cafes in the middle of the day to talk about family, children and… HAGWONS! - I’m not eaves dropping. They’re just so loud you can’t help but hear!

This is really a middle-age ahjumma-life drama. :laugh:I don’t find the chemistry between the couple particularly strong, but the story is very interesting - there’s the “real” (competitive mothers doing anything for their children’s future) and the “intrigue” (murder).  It’s like some bit of SKY Castle again (which I didn’t finish watching cos that kind of drama is too draining for me) but a little more realistic in the world of the average middle and upper middle class parents. I’m in international education and have encountered my fair share of korean mums and goodness, thank goodness for my orientation to parent culture through dramas! It’s helped me avert some dramas here myself! I wonder how much of this social commentary impacts Korean society at a more macro level - such competition is so unhealthy for the children. Yet if it is within your means, would you really not want to give your child that edge? Makes me wonder too why national exams seem to be testing out of what is taught in schools, or can schools really not hire teachers that teach as well? I battle with this frequently even as I tutor my own children in subjects they need help in (and that’s only cos I can - for selected subjects). 

Right now, I still believe Seonjae’s older brother could very well be the actual killer and this is a tale of how far south things can go when parents take things to the extreme. But that they are hiding the actual murderer’s face still presents a possibility of whodunnit. If it’s meant to be someone we have already seen - who?? I did note that the detective did a double take when Mr Ji walked past them, but like the rest of you, I am also inclined to believe he’s the boy that was acquitted of murdering his mother and that’s that. Nothing more to his identity. But if Ji is our suspect now, what would the incidents all suggest? Him protecting Choi Chiyeol? The stalker student (no one discovered her?), the incident at the shop itself, that kid who was rude to CCY, and Choichiyeolsucks? Then… did he kill his mother after all?

Question - was that student who killed herself Choi Chiyeol’s student when he was still teaching in a public school?

The other thing that I hear is very real in Korean culture that we see is how they do not have compassion for the less fortunate. How and why would being an orphan be something that would result in a child being ostracised by friends?! But you know, a Korean friend of mine whose parents are disabled, shared that it’s very true. She was unable to give as lavish gifts to her teachers and it was tangibly felt in how she was simply passed over in class for classmates whose parents could do “more”. I find that quite deplorable, really. 

Edited by gilaswan
  • Clapping Hands 4
4 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Yet if it is within your means, would you really not want to give your child that edge? Makes me wonder too why national exams seem to be testing out of what is taught in schools, or can schools really not hire teachers that teach as well? I battle with this frequently even as I tutor my own children in subjects they need help in (and that’s only cos I can - for selected subjects). 

I don't think the issue for anyone is about having an edge if everyone plays by the rules. But what most object to is cheating. Bribery is cheating. What's worse with the Skymoms is that they don't see themselves as the biggest hypocrites and really the catalyst to why Chi-yeol gave Hae-yi private tutoring. She got into the All-Care Programme fair and square. Everyone was fine with it until some politically powerful person muscled their way in. It's the misuse of power that fair-minded people detest. People are happy to make sacrifices for the kids if they have to but when they see that the situation is rigged against them, that's another matter entirely. I think this is what the show is saying. After-school tutoring is a good thing. Some kids need it more than others. I'm a private tutor too and I respect parents who care enough and are forward looking enough to make the effort. What we saw in the drama was another matter entirely.

Furthermore, as someone with an education background, I believe parents also need to accept that their children are different from other people's children. Nowhere is individuality more necessary than in education (medicine is probably the other) except that most education systems are sausage factories. They assume every child should follow a particular trajectory or path just because we're all economic units not a holistic human being. That's why the show has Soo-a having stomach pains and the like. Or Hui-jae locking himself in his room even during the daylight hours. There are definitely fallouts from this kind of insane levels of competitiveness. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Have yet to watch last night's since I started Taxi Driver :D. From some spoilers, it's honeymoon period for the leads. Also I think Manager Ji is looking more and more like the murderer. What's the reason for his obsession with Chi Yeol? 

Pre-released

• Like 2

I teared up watching the beginning of ep.11 where HS talking to Haeyi and how Haeyi assured her that she is fine with revealing the truth. Also very glad that her friends in school think that she is cool clearing up the misunderstanding of the scandal. 

Yikes, we’re seeing more of the ugly side of Manager Ji... looks like he might really be the metal ball murderer.... Noooo.... CCY will be so sad if that is true. 

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

O gosh, history is probably going to repeat itself. I really hate SJ’s mother. The way she dealt with HJ’s arrest, not giving him any opportunity to speak at all. And then for getting the test paper from the school. That is so cruel to let SJ having to go through that. She has too little faith in her son’s academic ability, also in her other son’s innocence. Shame on her. Expecting so much from her sons yet not trusting them at all. I am thinking hard what I want to wish for her. Maybe like the father take both sons away from her? So frustrating seeing her. At this point, I think she is worse than Soo-ah’s mother. Poor Hae Yi is implicated now because SJ shared the exercise paper with her. How will it play out this time? Fighting Hae Yi and SJ!! 

On a different note, sadly, our guess about Manager Ji has been right 😭 I dying to know why now. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Oh no no no no nooooo~ :scaredpanda2:

Oh no#1 - history is repeating itself with the leaked test paper, isn't it? Damnit. Ahahaha, I just realise @ktcjdrama wrote the same thing as me :laugh:.

Oh no#2 - Manager Ji is the killer. WHYYYYY, Shin Jae Ha, WHYYYYY! :letalQQ: My heart shatter to pieces when he looked unimpressed that Chi Yeol hasn't been dreaming about his sister. It's pretty much confirmed now he is the brother of the deceased female student. Plus he has the pen Chi Yeol gave him at the funeral. Imma so sad right now.

Ok, a rant - Soo Ah's mother is horrible horrible person, and why is it that so coincidental she sees Hee Jae being arrested? Do they live in the same apartment? I'm just really not impressed she not only refused to apologise for spreading false rumour about Haeng Seon, she goes and tells the mothers about Hee Jae. I can't wait for the day that she becomes the centre of the gossips! That day isn't too far away once her hubby's fidelity gets revealed. I usually like this actress (mainly because she's Sun Woo's Omma in R88), but boy this character of hers (plus the one in Moment of 18) is sure hateful. I dislike her more than Sun Jae's mother. This one is too hard on her children but at least it's just limit to her own children and she has zero care about anyone else.

On the flip side, I was swooning at Hae Yi and Gun Woo's ice skating! Ottakae, I suddenly ship them more than her with Sun Jae now! :wow:

BTS

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

On the flip side, I was swooning at Hae Yi and Gun Woo's ice skating! Ottakae, I suddenly ship them more than her with Sun Jae now!

I am torn... 😣

I dislike her more than Sun Jae's mother. This one is too hard on her children but at least it's just limit to her own children and she has zero care about anyone else.

I still detest SJ’s mother more now. What she did was cruel to her sons. Yes please, cannot wait for SA mother to be the center of the gossip. Let’s see how she is going to handle that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am torn... 😣

Hahaha~ luckily they are still young so a lot can happen. We don't really know how Gun Woo's family is like or anything else about him actually. I just like his straight-forwardness and courage more than Sun Jae. Plus Sun Jae is very ... how to say, restrained in his emotions, which isn't a good thing as a person because it could lead to complications or further issues in the future in adulthood. He and Hae Yi are much alike in that they keep things bottled up so perhaps Hae Yi need someone like Gun Woo more.

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I still detest SJ’s mother more now. What she did was cruel to her sons.

It is cruel, done in the name of "I know what is best for you". Both are bad but as a person, Soo Ah's mother is worse because she's gossipy, manipulative, entitled, bossy and likes being worshipped. She's like those mean girls/bullies in school. Her daughter is becoming just like her.

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes please, cannot wait for SA mother to be the center of the gossip. Let’s see how she is going to handle that. 

She's probably going to just point finger and blame others. It's never her fault.

• Clapping Hands 3

On the flip side, I was swooning at Hae Yi and Gun Woo's ice skating! Ottakae, I suddenly ship them more than her with Sun Jae now! :wow:

What the heck is the show doing to us? Just when I thought she would most likely end up with Seon-jae, they pull a stunt like that.

Truth be told, I have always liked Geon-ho more. Personality wise, he's always had more colour. And he's the cocky outsider trying to barge his way into the girl's heart. Some people find that annoying. But he's always made me laugh. I can't believe there are people who think that he's not really keen on Hae-yi even after Episode 12. But I never dared to root for him because Seon-jae seems to be the more obvious fit. Longtime childhood friend blah blah blah and all that. He fits the trope. But dammit. These last couple of episodes whenever Seon-jae tries to make his move to confess, something gets in his way as if to say that Fate isn't on his side. His family issues aren't helping. I feel sorry for him because his mother is just awful and obsessed. 

I honestly have no idea where the show is going with this. Is it opposites attract or friends becoming lovers?

I never realised until Episode 12 how good looking Geon-ho is. That killer smile -- his whole face just lights up. Not to mention how incredibly charming he was at the skating rink. I also like the fact he knows what he wants and goes for it. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Clapping Hands 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

14 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I never realised until Episode 12 how good looking Geon-ho is. That killer smile -- his whole face just lights up. Not to mention how incredibly charming he was at the skating rink. I also like the fact he knows what he wants and goes for it.

He’s charmed his way into my heart for sure. That bet/promise he made in front of the whole class, of what he wants to have if he gets into the university. Very swoon-worthy :wow: But because of this very daring request too that I doubt he is the end game. I also love when he wants to show off a little bit to Hae Yi that despite lacking in academics, he has something he is good at and proud of. That he didn’t just waste his youth away slacking off. 

@mademoiselle SA’s mother, what you see is what you get. She is so obvious it’s easy to deal with, IMO. Whereas SJ’s mother, doing stuff in the dark and hiding things, thus more difficult to deal with. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

55 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

He’s charmed his way into my heart for sure. That bet/promise he made in front of the whole class, of what he wants to have if he gets into the university. Very swoon-worthy :wow: But because of this very daring request too that I doubt he is the end game. I also love when he wants to show off a little bit to Hae Yi that despite lacking in academics, he has something he is good at and proud of. That he didn’t just waste his youth away slacking off. 

What gives me a tiny bit of hope is that Geon-ho though not very academic is always one step ahead of Seon-jae in all other ways related to Hae-yi. Right from the moment he stopped her from falling backwards down the stairs, to fighting with the mean boys in the canteen, to his confession in class, he is always ahead in the romance game. No doubt it's his competitive athletic background that's given him the spine to go for broke. It's very endearing.

I really didn't want to get myself embroiled by this "love triangle" and after last week I thought the show might not be going down this road. But lo and behold, our boy got up in class and confessed... in front of the teacher.

Anyway, he's a gorgeous perceptive soul in his own way even if he doesn't have the book smarts. He's not lacking in self-awareness either.

I really wonder what the show is up to here. Is it trying to subvert expectations? But then Geon-ho does seem to have many of the classic 2ML qualities.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I am on the fence with regards to the romance for the young ones. I like both boys. Mr IceHockey is a great kid. In some ways it will be a lot less complicated to date someone like him (assuming he doesn't have crazy parents like the ones in this show) . He's doing something about his life and has great EQ. I like that.

But my heart also goes to Sun Jae. He and Hae Ee go way back , and I can understand why he's been hesitant about telling her how he feels. Friends to lovers  comes at great risk, and these kids are barely 18 or 19. There's alot at stake. Sun Jae too is a sweet boy. My only problem is his mother....seriously she needs therapy herself. She's destroying her sons by trying to "help" them the way she does. I really hated her giving that exam material to Sun Jae. Now Hae Ee ends up being affected by it. The guilt these two kids feel for being "cheaters". So terrible.

------------------------------

Some spoilers ....Manager Ji is really one nut case. I don't know why the obsession. So is it because of his sister , that he thinks no one should come near Chi Yeol?

CY unwittingly saved HS

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sigh...SunJae will forever regret cheating like this 

Spoiler

So Mr Ji targets Hae Yi (since he can't get HS)...and the poor girl gets into an accident. 

Spoiler

• Like 2

Hahaha for a moment there I actually suspected Sun Jae's mother may have hired someone to kidnap Hae Yi :psweatduck:. If she did that then that's really the end of Hae Yi and Sun Jae. Since she wasn't the culprit, then I'm impartial to who gets Hae Yi. It's like the drama Moment of 18. Everyone of them are still young and still have many more years before them and decide a future for themselves when they become an adult.

A lot of characters in this drama need help. Soo Ah, Sun Jae and Hee Jae all need help. Sun Jae's mum herself needs to be separated from her children I reckon until she learns. Her husband is useless and irresponsible in this matter. Both are working and why is it that only she seems to be the only one held responsible for the sons' academics?

Soo Ah's mum was left out of the mothers' gathering. Hahaha. "Serve her right!" went through my head. It's such a bad thought but can't help it. I hope the mothers will stand up to her later and tell her she's going overboard.

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Manager Ji is really one nut case. I don't know why the obsession. So is it because of his sister , that he thinks no one should come near Chi Yeol?

I wonder if his sister told him she has a crush on him so in his own twisted mind, he wanted Chi Yeol to belong to only his sister (and him). It is clear that he meant Chi Yeol no harm and seems to not want anyone get in the way of Chi Yeol's success either. Other than that I can't think of anything else that would explain his obsession unless he's gay (and nuts).

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2