Our Blooming Youth 청춘월담 [2023]

FmFqo4saYAImimt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

FliDLzIakAAIG6o?format=jpg&name=largeFlBsx37aYAAbxih?format=jpg&name=large

Literal title: Youth, Climb the Barrier (formerly "The Golden Hairpin")

English title: Our Blooming Youth

Hangul title: 청춘월담해피니스

Broadcast station: tvN

Online streaming site: Viki

Director: Lee Jong Jae

Writer: Jung Hyung Jung

Episodes: 20

Schedule: 6 February 2023

Websites: Official website | NamuWiki | Naver

Plot Summary

Lee Hwan (Park Hyung Sik) is prince suffering from a mysterious curse. Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee) is a quiet and gentle character, who is is falsely accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of Lee Hwan saving Min Jae Yi from her false accusation and Jae Yi saving Lee Hwan from his curse.

Jae Yi is engaged to the Second State Councillor’s son and studies hard to become a good wife and mother, but her parents and brother are killed four days before she gets married.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Shocked 1

Jeon So Nee In Talks Along With Park Hyung Sik For New Historical Drama

e20b326b98084d219b7d535259252a5a.jpeg?s=

Jeon So Nee and Park Hyung Sik may be uniting in a new drama!

On June 14, an industry representative reported, “Jeon So Nee will be starring in the new drama ‘Youth, Climb the Barrier’ (working title).”

In response to the report, Jeon So Nee’s agency Management SOOP commented, “She has received a casting offer, and we are currently finalizing details.”

“Youth, Climb the Barrier,” previously known as “The Golden Hairpin,” is about a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a woman who is falsely accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse.

Jeon So Nee has been offered the role of Min Jae Yi, a quiet and gentle character. She is engaged to the Second State Councillor’s son and studies hard to become a good wife and mother, but her parents and brother are killed four days before she gets married.

As revealed in March, Park Hyung Sik is in talks to play the male lead Prince Lee Hwan.

“Youth, Climb the Barrier” will be written by Jung Hyun Jung, the writer behind the “I Need Romance” series, “Discovery of Love,” “Five Enough,” “Romance Is a Bonus Book,” and “Lovestruck in the City.” It will be directed by Lee Jong Jae, who previously worked on “100 Days My Prince.”

Filming is scheduled to begin in the second half of this year, and it is in discussion to air via tvN.

source

Filming has already begun and there is no official (English translated) news published. However, there had been filming sightings as well as Park Hyung Sik himself confirming he's accepted the role by mentioning it in his Cine21 interview.

Extract:

- 3월23일 디즈니+에서 공개된 <사운드트랙 #1>에서 고등학교 동창을 짝사랑하는 포토그래퍼 한선우를 연기한다. 4부작의 호흡이 배우에게도 신선하지 않았을까 싶은데.

= 23살 때 출연했던 KBS2의 드라마 스페셜 연작 시리즈 <시리우스>가 4부작이었다. 그땐 아역으로 출연했으니 주연으로 제대로 4부작을 경험하는 건 처음이다. OTT 4부작 드라마, 게다가 뮤직 드라마? 처음 컨셉을 들었을 때 새롭게 다가왔다. 특히 끌렸던 건 짝사랑 스토리라는 점. <말할 수 없는 비밀> 같은 대만 멜로, 그리고 일본 멜로를 좋아한다. 상업적으로 성공하기 쉽지 않다는 이유로 한국 시장에선 보기 힘들었는데 <사운드트랙 #1>이 오아시스 같았다. 작품 순서 면에서 나 나름의 의미도 있었다. <해피니스>에선 광인병에 감염된 사람들과 싸워야 했고, <청춘월담>에선 세자인 나를 폐위시키려는 사람들이 난리인 상황이어서 <사운드트랙 #1>이 그나마 달콤한 시간을 허락해줄 것 같았다. (웃음) 스케줄 조율이 쉽지 않은 상황이었지만 몸이 힘들어도 꼭 하고 싶다고 했다.

Papago Translation:

In Soundtrack #1 released on Disney+ on March 23, he plays Han Sun-woo, a photographer who loves his high school classmate. I think the harmony of the four-part series would have been refreshing for the actor.

= KBS2's special series of dramas, "Sirius," which appeared when he was 23 years old, was a four-part series. Since I appeared as a child actor at that time, it was my first time experiencing a four-part series as a main character. OTT four-part drama and music drama? When I first heard the concept, it came to me anew. What attracted me was the one-sided love story. I like Taiwanese and Japanese melodrama such as <Secret>. It was hard to see in the Korean market because it was not easy to succeed commercially, but "Sound Track #1" was like an oasis. It also had its own meaning in terms of the order of the works. In <Happiness>, I had to fight people infected with madman disease, and in <Youth Woldam>, people trying to depose me, a crown prince, were in a mess, so <Soundtrack #1> seemed to allow me a sweet time. (Laughter) It was not easy to coordinate the schedule, but he said he wanted to do it even if he was tired.
Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I think I'll try this out. The last time I saw PHS in a sageuk....it's best not to talk about it. The only good thing about it was the friendship between the male actors. 

:lmao2: At least Hyung Sik was beautiful in there!

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Seems like only the sageuks in 2023 is catching my attention. Hahaha! 

I thought there was one more? Woo Do Hwan's?

• Haha 2

@mademoiselle Hahaha! I meant all the sageuk dramas (Flower, Joseon Lawyer, this one, etc.) set to air in 2023 are catching my attention. All the modern dramas (with the exception of YSJ's) are not that interesting to me. 

The poster looks really nice! Why are they not airing this sooner? I have been in a drama slump lately (I'm only watching Alchemy at the moment) that I don't know what's airing or set to air anymore (besides Poong). 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle Hahaha! I meant all the sageuk dramas (Flower, Joseon Lawyer, this one, etc.) set to air in 2023 are catching my attention. All the modern dramas (with the exception of YSJ's) are not that interesting to me. 

The poster looks really nice! Why are they not airing this sooner? I have been in a drama slump lately (I'm only watching Alchemy at the moment) that I don't know what's airing or set to air anymore (besides Poong).

Oh oops. I've misread. Hahaha!

They've kept this drama really quiet. I'm wondering if it is because of the controversy but then I can't remember what it was about that's bad? China related? 😅

I'm looking forward to more pretty posters. I mean, Hyung Sik is a pretty man so must take more beautiful posters! Hahaha!

I'm also not sure what other dramas upcoming are interesting or worth the buzz but I will try out Island because it looks interesting. All the new dramas coming to Netflix I was like 🙄, not interested. I'm sure I'll find something to watch.

Try out Reborn Rich now that it has ended. Remember that friend of mine who never listens to what I recommend? She texted me she started on RR. :laugh: She said she loves it. Lee Sung Min was awesome to her.

P.S. Wait. Only Alchemy? So you're not watching Unlock the Boss for Chae Jong Hyeop?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle The storyline is different from The Golden Hairpin, so I don't think you can say it's an adaptation of that novel anymore. The male lead in the Chinese adaptation of The Golden Hairpin was Kris Wu. He was charged with sexually assaulting minors and a lot more. It's disgusting reading about all the things he did. :SquirtlePuke:

I would love to see stills or posters of the female lead. I'm not familiar with her. I don't think I've seen her in anything. At least not that I'm aware of.

I was telling @SilverMoonTea that I might have to wait a little bit before I watch Reborn Rich. Right now, all I can think about is Song Joong Ki's dating "scandal" (that's not really a scandal). Hahaha! 

After I said I'm only watching Alchemy, I picked up Unlock My Boss again tonight. Haha! Chae Jong Hyeop is so adorable and the clips of him with the little girl....:heart:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Tofu I had a quick read on Kris Wu. Sounds similar to what Jung Joon Young did. Seems to me Kris Wu gotten a big head over his success. Also these young girls weren't exactly the most innocent because they approached/followed him with ulterior motive in mind. Sigh.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I was telling @SilverMoonTea that I might have to wait a little bit before I watch Reborn Rich. Right now, all I can think about is Song Joong Ki's dating "scandal" (that's not really a scandal). Hahaha! 

That is so not a reason, Tofu and you know it :laugh:

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

After I said I'm only watching Alchemy, I picked up Unlock My Boss again tonight. Haha! Chae Jong Hyeop is so adorable and the clips of him with the little girl.

I think I watched like 4 episodes and decided not going forward. Bye bye CJH again. :idk:

• Haha 2