Our Blooming Youth 청춘월담 [2023]

New stills

tvN’s new romance drama “Our Blooming Youth” has unveiled stunning new stills of Park Hyung Sik to get viewers excited to see him in his starring role come February!

“Our Blooming Youth” will tell the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik will star as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee will play Min Jae Yi, the gifted woman who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

Lee Hwan is a young prince with a feisty and arrogant attitude. He is gifted in martial arts and and can remember things after only seeing them once, but a ghostly book carrying all of the curses in the world is out to get him. He must overcome his curse in order to prove to the court that he is capable and worthy of leading the country, and he is determined to make it through the challenges looming overhead.

The newly released stills show Lee Hwan going about his daily life, reading day and night in order to become a true intellect who can lead his people as well as improving his skills as a warrior by partaking in activities like archery. However, a particular shot shows him appearing to be grimacing in pain, and viewers are left to wonder what his curse is and if he’ll truly be able to make it through.

The producers of “Our Blooming Youth” commented, “Through this project, you’ll be able to see Park Hyung Sik’s diverse charms that you can’t find anywhere else. Please pay close attention to his detailed portrayal of the story of Lee Hwan, who harbors a deep wound below his cold exterior.”

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2

Our Blooming Youth” has dropped an exciting first look at Jeon So Nee’s character!

tvN’s “Our Blooming Youth” will tell the love story of Lee Hwan, a crown prince suffering from a mysterious curse, and Min Jae Yi, a genius woman falsely accused of murdering her family. Park Hyung Sik will star as Lee Hwan, the prince who must clear Min Jae Yi’s name, while Jeon So Nee will play Min Jae Yi, who will remove Lee Hwan’s curse.

Min Jae Yi is the daughter of a noble family who’s praised by the civilians of Gaeseong for her gentle personality. Contrary to how she presents herself, Min Jae Yi is actually incredibly free-spirited and determined to get to the bottom of any death case. When someone dies, Min Jae Yi has to reveal the cause in order to clear her mind, which means she’s solved dozens of cases while utilizing her brother’s name. As there are times she must sneak into dangerous sites, she’s naturally become skilled in swordsmanship and archery.

Amid this personal mission, Min Jae Yi’s life is faced with a massive change when she’s falsely accused of murdering her family and labelled as a murderer overnight. In order to prove herself innocent, Min Jae Yi does everything she can to escape.

The newly released photos of Jeon So Nee capture the struggles Min Jae Yi endures while on the run. Although once a classy lady of a noble family with perfect clothing and hair, Min Jae Yi is suddenly seen covered in blood while wandering the mountains, reflecting the extreme difficulties of her newfound life of escapism.

The last still shows Min Jae Yi in disguise to avoid the eyes of the government army. With her top knot, bag, and hat, Min Jae Yi looks like every other merchant, but her eyes glimmer with fear as she worries about getting caught. Will Min Jae Yi successfully get to the bottom of her family’s murders and prove herself innocent?

Producers of “Our Blooming Youth” explained, “Min Jae Yi is someone who moves forward while believing in herself, rather than her predetermined fate or society’s rules. Please look forward to the acting of Jeon So Nee, who will add immersion into Min Jae Yi’s story of moving forward in the right direction with strong energy.”

“Our Blooming Youth” premieres on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 1/6/2023 at 12:57 PM, mademoiselle said:

I actually remember a drama did that! But I can't remember the drama name.

For me it was The Red Sleeve ....I still remember all the sweet romantic posters...smhhhh...though historically I knew a sad ending was to be expected.

I am getting quite pumped up for this show. The promotional posters look good

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

On 1/15/2023 at 3:42 PM, mademoiselle said:

It's unfortunate, Viki got the copyright to stream this 😭

Why is Netflix losing all the rights to air so many dramas...

I was hoping NF too as it would be easier...but NF is into doing a lot of their own originals so perhaps cutting down on buying these rights.

Viki subs are better though...from what I was told they can be more accurate.

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Park Hyung Sik And Jeon So Nee Dish On First Impressions, Being Great Acting Partners For “Our Blooming Youth,” And More

Elle01.jpg

Upcoming fantasy romance drama “Our Blooming Youth” stars Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee have joined Elle Korea for a pictorial and interview!

The pictorial reinterprets the story of the two main characters who become each other’s saviors in the drama through a mysterious atmosphere. In so doing, Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee surprised the staff on site by showing their ever-changing chemistry throughout the filming.

In an interview that followed the shoot, Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Hee, who are of the same age, shared candid thoughts about their first impressions of each other. Park Hyung Sik commented, “So Nee seemed cold at first. But that didn’t last long. Every time we exchanged lines, new sides of her continuously came out. We quickly became friends as we shared our concerns.”

Elle02.jpg

Jeon So Nee also shared her first impression on Park Hyung Sik. She said, “[My impression on] Hyung Sik stayed the same from beginning to end in a good way. He seemed friendly, polite, and professional in what he’s doing, and it turns out that is the case.”

Spoiler

Elle03.jpg

When asked how it was to be acting partners, Park Hyung Sik said, “So Nee has great reactions. Thanks to her, there were points in which I could perform with confidence.”

Jeon So Nee replied, “I feel the same. There was a moment when I could fully focus on my acting thanks to Hyung Sik’s reaction in an unexpected scene. On the first day that I experienced it, I even texted him to thank him.”

Park Hyung Sik recalled, “I remember that. After [we finished filming for] the scene, she suddenly said, ‘Ah, Hyung Sik, that was so great just now.’ I was surprised because it was the first time hearing an actor speak so frankly like this. At that time, I also had the same feelings [as So Nee].”

Park Hyung Sik and Jeon So Nee’s full pictorial and interview will be available in the February issue of Elle Korea.

Elle04.jpg

source / elle

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Jeon So Nee Introduces The Various Sides Of Her Role In “Our Blooming Youth”

Jeon-So-Nee-3-2.jpeg

Jeon So Nee has personally introduced her unique character in “Our Blooming Youth”!

tvN’s upcoming historical drama “Our Blooming Youth” tells the story of a prince suffering from a mysterious curse and a genius woman who is accused of murdering her family members. Their romance develops through the process of the man saving the woman from her false accusation and the woman saving the man from his curse. Park Hyung Sik stars as Crown Prince Lee Hwan, and Jeon So Nee stars as the genius woman named Min Jae Yi.

Regarding Min Jae Yi, Jeon So Nee shared, “Even if you disregard the time and space, she’s a cool person you can look up to. I was drawn to her combined intellect and physical abilities, as well as her sincerity in approaching acquaintances honestly.”

On why she chose to star this drama, Jeon So Nee explained, “It was because I had the greed of wanting to become Min Jae Yi and act out the various images of her using her smarts to investigate, doing martial arts, and using tricks to find her way out.”

Jeon-So-Nee-2-2.jpeg

The actress raved about how she’d be able to chat all night long about Min Jae Yi’s strengths then added, “She knows how to share what she has, save lives, and repay favors. She’s someone who makes sure their heart aligns with their words and actions, so I couldn’t help but like her.”

For her main acting focus, Jeon So Nee explained that she concentrated on emotion. “I tried to act just as I felt, without doing more or less. Even when I was dressed as a man, rather than appear completely as one gender through my voice and actions, I wanted to express her as someone who occasionally pretends to be a man, but also tries hard [to disguise herself] because she’s a woman.”

A key point of “Our Blooming Youth” that viewers are anticipating is the romance between Min Jae Yi and the Crown Prince. Jeon So Nee compared their relationship to a life or death situation and elaborated, “That’s because when they first meet, they both have to put their hopes to live on the other person.”

Jeon So Nee then dished on her chemistry with Park Hyung Sik, saying to her co-star, “With each scene, you could feel each of our desperation. As you did your best to be of strength to your opposing actor, it was very reassuring and enjoyable.” She added, “Thanks to Park Hyung Sik’s humor, the set atmosphere was always healthy and I received a lot of help.”

Lastly, Jeon So Nee picked the “interesting and colorful production” of “Our Blooming Youth” as the drama’s key point. She continued, “While feeling unfamiliar with the image of Min Jae Yi using a sword and kicking while wearing a skirt, I anticipate that [viewers] will also find it fun.”

Jeon-So-Nee-1-2.jpeg

“Our Blooming Youth” starts airing on February 6 at 8:50 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

source

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

So her main job would be his eunuch? A secret mission of her and then they fall in love. This feels like MDBC and TRS. 

The title also hints like it is their story when things are quite good in the past but it will turn unexpected in the end? Our Bllooming Youth, so what then after your turns old. 

I'm not even asking all those questions! It's Park Hyung Sik. Watch first, question later (for me) :lmao2:

• Haha 2