Our Blooming Youth 청춘월담 [2023]

20 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

And good news here the female lead is clever and it seems they're too could be good partner later on. Not sure about their chemistry yet since it's still few moments they're together. But so far their interactions are already interesting.

I'm actually okay with no romance, as long as the interactions are good and make sense. Especially given what @mademoiselle wrote below.

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Anyway, I'm surprised Jae Yi is bethrothed too. The loveline is bound for hardship from the get-go — her being a prime suspect, bethrothed and being Crown Prince, Hwan would also already be married to a Crown Princess! Even if she manages to prove her innocence in the end, she'd only be qualified as a concubine with no backing since her whole family is dead!

If the best they can do is be CP and concubine, I'm okay with just a good friendship and working relationship instead of angst filled melo.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

He's already providing the comedy.  :laugh:Despite him professing his love for JY , I too think the love line ( or at least hints of it ) will be with PYJ's character.

Yeah the lovelines in this drama are impossible if we look at it through the traditional lens. A maid (slave) with a Yangban for instance. Ok, not impossible I guess but she'd only be qualified as a low status concubine due to their social status differences. Maybe Mad Scientist in the end will ditch his Yangban status and become a commoner, like Rowoon and Park Eun Bin in A King's Affection. Then that's possible for them to have their happily ever after.

Same with Jae Yi. She will prove her innocence but unless she's adopted by another Yangban family, it's unlikely she'll be a future Queen's candidate.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@abs-oluteM I like the bit where he was sipping tea, acting all high and mighty when he sees Jae Yi dressed as a enunch. I of course also liked the bit where he is signalling him to dress him. Hehehe. So cute.

I don't have much to say about episode 3 (at least not at this moment) except it's engaging, I'm not falling asleep even though I am tired. Hyung Sik's beauty is definitely mesmerising on screen. Kekeke.

• Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hyung Sik's beauty is definitely mesmerising on screen. Kekeke.

I liked the part where he looked at her at the end. One of PHS's talent is to look very dreamily into all his FL's eyes which much conviction :hug:.

Spoiler

Fo7a6XxagAEJBRK?format=jpg&name=small

Anyhow, it is good that they both know each other's true identity & also childhood connection. So those tropes don't get dragged out and they can start focusing on finding out who killed her family and the source of that ghost letter. These incidents are somehow related though it isn't clear why JY wasn't killed alongside her family. I am actually waiting for JY and her maidservant to be reunited. Maidservant & mad scientist will make a great team along with Jae Yi. 

For now , at least based on eps 3, OHS seems genuinely loyal to the CP. But it's clear that his father wants to be able to control the CP. 

-------------

Oh the ladies are finally reunited

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Haha, looks like Section Chief Han will be paired up with the Princess instead since the Princess is crushing on him. I'm all for it since I want Jae Yi with Hwan. Their little interactions are cute and he definitely likes her. Chemie not bad right, @abs-oluteM? Hopefully Jae Yi sees the "real" person that Chief Han is. She was seeing him with rose-tinted eyes before, and how can she think he's more handsome than uri Hwan?? No freaking way!

Section Chief Han really can't fault Hwan for not trusting him since he himself could not be truthful to Hwan. I like that first his father raises the point that Hwan doesn't trust him and then we see why he can't. Heh.

Park Hyung Sik's sword fight was great! I remembered in Hwarang I was impressed by his sword fight scene as well. He has a knack with sword fight and it's beautiful.

• Heart Eyes 2
On 4/16/2022 at 9:59 AM, Tofu said:

Because of the controversy, they changed the whole plot for this drama. That's too bad because I really liked the novel and would have loved to see an adaptation of it. 

What controversy?

Watched half of episode 1 and fell asleep. Oops. Female lead is a bit unimpressive. Rest of cast seems to be riding on PHS’s coat tails. Maybe my bias. Still… maybe I should try again…

• Like 3

I just started this one today. Finished 2 episodes. Tbh, I'm not feeling the ensemble of cast. I feel there's something not quite right with the directing/editing as well. I am just not "enamoured" by the film production. Like I think they use filter too for the scenes (or is it just my screen? lol). But, the story is intriguing, despite the usual trope of evil minister wanting power. This time though, it is Minister of the Right turn to be the villain. For now, I will keep on watching for the plot. 

@mademoiselle I must confess, every time I see the CP's personal guard (the one in red uniform), I kept thinking why can't this person be like Kim Ga On from King's Affection :laugh: 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@gilaswan keep going. Ep.3 and 4 improved so much! I'm fully on board now. The characters I enjoy watching are limited though, just FL-ML, the FL's maid and the scientist, the ML's sister. That's all? Haha... the rest of the cast sadly are just meh for me. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

If I am not mistaken that this show will have 20 episodes right? So I am a bit surprised that they are already sowing the seeds of romance so quickly. But I suppose they will want to do that because the bigger issue would be when her real identity is made known and the "love triangle" that would follow. 

As it is , the show is already building up Chief Han's insecurities. I think we can expect him to oppose Hwan outright later on when he realises the leads have fallen for each other. Perhaps Jae Yi was saved by fate from marrying him since he doesn't seem to take to differing opinions very well. After all, JY isn't that sort of girl that would sit still and just accept things if it isn't right.

By the way, I love the mad scientist & mad apprentice scenes. I think they should most definitely have a love line :D  Actually this show feels a lot more like a crime procedural than one focused on palace politics 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

By the way, I love the mad scientist & mad apprentice scenes. I think they should most definitely have a love line :D  Actually this show feels a lot more like a crime procedural than one focused on palace politics 

I love their scenes too. They’re one of the highlights for me in the show. And yes, one of the reasons why I am on board is the crime procedural! I love that our FL and her maid are like Batman and Robin, operating in disguise, getting rid of the bad guys. I like the part in ep.3 when the two of them were in alternating scenes telling their adventures to different person. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

12 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Perhaps Jae Yi was saved by fate from marrying him since he doesn't seem to take to differing opinions very well.

I think if Jae Yi is his wife and giving him her opinions, he might be able to take it better because she's on his side, not against him. However in this instances, he's blinded by the social status and opposition as a enunch versus him, whom, should be the one the Crown Prince rely on. It's no doubt his shortcomings and narrow-mindedness makes him incompatible with Jae Yi's character/personality.

• Insightful 2

Another good episode. The mystery killer is caught, although we don't know why the killer kills. Anticipating to find out in tonight's episode. There's some really light moment which I enjoy a lot. It was funny that Hwan wasn't wrong with his description about himself :laugh:. He did look super dashing. Good job to the camera man. :wow:

I also like the potential friendship forming between the Mad Scientist couple vs Disguise couple. Almost forgot, this scene was also a nice one. Jae Yi smiling widely at Hwan with her red cheek. She looks so cute (even a female thinks so let alone a man).

The little detail of him taking a step back and she took a step forward to him was meaningful in the context that he keeps a distance with people due to the ghost letter and she not only sees through him, call him out and gets close to him.

It's worrisome that the more Hwan pushes Section Chief Han away, the more damages he's going to do later on. As for Myeong Ahn's Uncle (is he the Left or Right State Councelor ... confused?), I've a feeling that it can't be just him who orchestrated this whole thing. He's the "villain" in the light but I think there's another one hiding in the dark.

I'm dying to know who were the spies in the East Palace. Could Hwan really not know? Or he's just allowing them?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1