Our Blooming Youth 청춘월담 [2023]

Hohoho, Jae Yi's feelings towards Hwan is now super clear. Her heart flies towards Hwan when they were split up. He is all she could think about in front of her betrothed!

Damnit. Is Tae Gang a spy or not??? I did think it was strange Tae Gang didn't recognise Mad Scientist on the street, as if it's another him (e.g. twin) but then Tae Gang was potentially undercover and on a mission (Hwan's order) so it's also excusable he did not want to chit-chat. Although I must criticise why only in that scene he's in disguise but not when he's tailing that gambler? Something isn't adding up or it's drama's red-herring.

The politics took a quick turn all of a sudden though, with the King suddenly giving away his will and authority to immobilise troops to his two trusted Ministers.

Two things I'm not looking forward to:

• How hurt Han Seong On would be when he finds out Jae Yi's identity and Jae Yi loves Hwan.

• The bit about rushing the Crown Prince's wedding though because that just means trouble to the budding romance. Arghhh.

Bet Minister Cho didn't realise his lackeys have hurt Hwan. Surely this isn't part of his plan, LOL!

• Clapping Hands 1
On 3/21/2023 at 6:39 PM, mademoiselle said:

How hurt Han Seong On would be when he finds out Jae Yi's identity and Jae Yi loves Hwan.

I agree - HSO will definitely feel betrayed. I was expecting HSO to realise JY was a girl during that fall they had into the river. I am not surprised he feels that  it is so weird at how "affectionate" JY was - she was embracing the CP. No normal eunuch would react that way no matter how loyal they are to their master. 

I have only watched till eps 13. I will watch eps 14 after I finish Call It Love. 

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Lots of revelation in this episode!

• They figured out how Min family was all poisoned. Jae Yi's bracelet is able to contain poison and it is currently suspected that's how the foster son manipulated her to poison the cooked soup without her knowing.

• Smart Mad Scientist got their identities all figured out now! Woot! Awesome.

• Meanwhile Hwan figured out Ga Ram is Jae Yi's servant.

• Grand Prince is so paranoid lately that he confessed he was the one who gave the former Crown Prince the peach.

• The King wants to push forward with Hwan's wedding so Hwan decided to "throw away" his heart (the bracelet) into the pond. He threw a tantrum and fought with Jae Yi but had Tae Gang find a house outside for Jae Yi to stay.

• And uh-oh, Right State Councellor has also figured out Jae Yi's identity.

• Clapping Hands 1

I am distracted while watching episode 12 so I'm not sure why the Queen orders to assasinate the princess. She is trying so hard to find a cure for her brother, which is her son!

I can't believe I was right about Tae Gang being twins! Hahahaha! Suddenly feel like the show isn't so smart after all.

Also we have another scene or two of Hwan wallowing in the deep hole of who is the man Jae Yi likes. It's hilarious that he never thought once that it could be him. He even recited the description (of himself) to Tae Gang and Tae Gang says Hwan is the only man Jae Yi hangs out with yet he still doesn't get it - just because Jae Yi called him a smart dimwit and he obviously doesn't think himself to be a dimwit :laugh:

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle I cannot believe they went for  the "they were actually twins" explanation. :lenny:.  

After finishing the latest episodes, I really wish this was a 16 episode drama. The reveals that we have seen could have been done much earlier. Like it was clear that the Queen is the real mastermind behind all this from at least a couple of episodes ago. Have to say, she's quite scary as she is  so two-faced especially when she is with the princess. She was in so much tears but yet didn't blink an eye as she gave instructions to have her murdered. 

Also I cannot understand why Hwan still doesn't realise who it is that Jae Yi loves. He is indeed a dimwit in this respect. But I did think it very sweet that he would try to help her secure her future - building her a school etc knowing that she won't want to marry Chief Han. Technically  speaking , would she be able to marry him (Hwan) ? She's an orphan - that disqualifies her , doesn't it? I don't even think she can be a concubine right?

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteM I know right?! That suspicion should have been entertained a looong time ago, not in this episode. But then again, is this because back then being twins are taboo so it didn't cross their minds?

You have to fill me in on why the queen wants to kill the princess. I was totally distracted and didn't pay attention to that part.

I think Hwan can marry Jae Yi if he clears her family name. However she would not be qualified as Crown Princess because she has lost her family and background. She can be a concubine and then if she bore a prince, she can be promoted (nearly use the word upgraded... hahaha).

How did Chief Han go with that lady his dad find for him? Is she good or up to no good?

• Insightful 1
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

You have to fill me in on why the queen wants to kill the princess. I was totally distracted and didn't pay attention to that part.

Because the princess knows that her son was the one who gave the peach that killed the previous Crown Prince. The son got the peach from the granduncle ( the bad minister).  Queen I believe is worried that too many secrets will come to light even though the princess dismisses these hallucinations. Princess thinks  that the young Grand Prince has as an ailment and is looking for ways to help him and is considering using a shaman recommended by the Queen's Court Lady . Of course all this is part of the Queen's plans.

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How did Chief Han go with that lady his dad find for him? Is she good or up to no good?

Isn't that girl is cousin? She has entered the selection for the Crown Princess, and is the chosen one to marry Hwan. But now it is has been discovered that her mother has recently passed and she actually does not qualify ...but they are all keeping it a secret. I believe the bad Minister will use that to get rid of Chief Han's father

• Like 1

So the twins thing is now known to all - and the bad twin came face to face with Tae Kang . Jae Yi saw and wanted to give chase but TK saw her . It got to a point where he was strangling her & they cut off at that point . Even though he’s the good twin , I’m not liking this TK much . Hwan , Chief Han and TK grew up together, so I understand their fondness for him . But I feel he’s been very rough with JY - not very gentlemanly since he knows she’s a girl . 

Anyhow bad twin is working for the queen along side that shaman guy . When Crown Princess brought her young bro to see him, accompanied by  the Court Lady , bad twin took this opportunity to try & kill her. But Princess had foresight & being worried she’d be in danger had told Chief Han about her plans. She asked him as a favour to protect them . So fortunately he prevented the assassination. He was going to interrogate the shaman further but the old man killed himself.

So anyway now all are aware about bad twin . The Queen worried that her plans might get  revealed , decides to proceed to the next step to break the trust between Hwan & Chief Han. So in tonight’s episode she’ll tell Han about Jae Yi being the eunuch. This is what I have been concerned about . I wish that they ( Hwan & JY ) had told him first. 

• Like 1

I feel sorry for Seung On, but I like the way he confronted Jae Yi. He did it in a really gentle manner. There was no yelling or threats. He chose to wait for her to go to him. The triangle is now out in the open but really, neither of both men would be able to be with her. And no more Crown Princess for now. 😅 Poor woman, she's supposed to help Hwan gaining more power but hasn't even been officiated and already lost her life over politics. And Jae Yi is framed as her killer.

Really curious what did Teacher Min wrote in his secret letter. All we know for now is that the letter revealed the young prince is Song Hyun, which we already know.

• Shocked 1
19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Princess had foresight & being worried she’d be in danger had told Chief Han about her plans. She asked him as a favour to protect them .

This is so unexpected. I love a woman who uses her brain. I'm shipping her with Chief Han!!

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Poor woman, she's supposed to help Hwan gaining more power but hasn't even been officiated and already lost her life over politics.

I really pity her. She braved herself and made a sacrifice to be the Crown Princess, and literally now sacrificing her own life. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Really curious what did Teacher Min wrote in his secret letter. All we know for now is that the letter revealed the young prince is Song Hyun,

Is there more? I thought that's it. I should go back and rewatch. Been watching on high-speed coz some stuff not that interesting for me. 

I love that MJ has figured out who is who and came clean to GR about it. He is so cute, how he accidentally let slip himself that he knew the identity of Hwan, when earlier he was emphasising to GR not to let Hwan know they know. LOL....

I feel that the characterisation of Jae Yi is not written that strongly. I dislike that she is portrayed so inconsistent. Like sometimes acting on her emotion when supposedly she is a smart person. When she pushed into the sejabin's quarter, when she picked up her dagger, I face-palmed. Oh well, I guess for progressing the drama....

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Is there more? I thought that's it. I should go back and rewatch. Been watching on high-speed coz some stuff not that interesting for me. 

There are so many texts in that secret letter so it can't be just "The Grand Prince is Song Hyun" 😅 and "remember that man whose surname is Song being crucified 10 years ago" so I assumed there had to be more details in the letter.

how he accidentally let slip himself that he knew the identity of Hwan, when earlier he was emphasising to GR not to let Hwan know they know.

Hahaha yes! First he's all I don't want him to know then I'd have to bow down to him to "Hey, show your manners. He is the Crown Prince". Amazing how Hwan didn't flinch a bit that MJ knows...?

I feel that the characterisation of Jae Yi is not written that strongly. I dislike that she is portrayed so inconsistent. Like sometimes acting on her emotion when supposedly she is a smart person. When she pushed into the sejabin's quarter, when she picked up her dagger, I face-palmed. Oh well, I guess for progressing the drama....

She definitely didn't live up to the name she left behind as the investigator of Gaesong.

• Haha 2

@mademoiselle @ktcjdrama I am finally all caught up. I was so annoyed that Jae Yi picked up that dagger. Indeed for someone who was supposedly so quick witted in the past, did it not cross her mind it could be a trap? 

I felt very bad for Chief Han when he finally found out the truth. It felt like a double betrayal - though I think it would have hurt more for him that Hwan kept this from him. Why didn't they address this earlier? This is the issue that this drama has - pacing is so all over the place. Everything that is finally exposed could have been done at least a couple of episodes earlier without losing its essence. And then now we have 2 episodes left to tie up all the mess. :zzzz:

• Like 1