It's Gold, It's Jade. 금이야, 옥이야 [2023]

Zoaze

I’ve watched here and there. Mostly skipping episodes. But now am drawn in. Sj is awful!!!!!  She left Jan Di, had another daughter then lied to her saying she needed to donate bone marrow for her half sister who is “sponsored child “.  The one thing I give everyone applause is they are willing to donate instead. 

total drama going on right now.   Plus the pregnancy scare is going to be extremely enjoyable.   Otherwise i felt the drama very dry and was just peeking to find out what was going to happen.  Seems very juicy now.   Jan Di’s  mother reminds me of  hmm Samantha? Naw. Maybe Kate on Days of Our Lives.  all I know is I completely dropped soap operas for Kdramas and cdramas

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2023 at 7:08 PM, ktcjdrama said:

@stroppyse where are you now with the episode? I am wondering if you remember the scene when SJ was talking on the phone with her lawyer... I think I watched that episode raw, and didn't quite catch what she said to the lawyer. I want to know more about what her marital status is. Husband dead, leaving inheritance for her? Or divorced? 

Too lazy and difficult to rewatch to find that episode. Not important though if you don't remember, since I believe it will be revealed again later. 

The lawyer mentions that he has finally finished completed the work to get SJ's inheritance from a James Kim. I think James Kim was the partner that she lived with overseas. SJ asks the lawyer to start selling the properties since she's planning on staying in Korea and possibly remarrying her ex-husband.

Though given that KS is putting in the papers for their divorce, it's not clear what KS and SJ's legal status is. Also, if she's still legally married to KS, I would have thought that could complicate issues of marital inheritance? Though not sure about that actually.

I also saw the part where SJ needs a bone marrow transplant and since she can't find a suitable donor, family had the highest chance of matching. That's why she's shown back up, because she needs something from them. And then she lied to JD to get her tested to see if she's a suitable donor. She does not have any mother instincts whatsoever! I mean, seriously, she is an ultimate leech who doesn't mind preying on anyone, including her own daughter.  Blech.

Or I guess she wants JD's bone marrow for her other daughter, Jenny. Whatever. SJ is a terrible mother.

10 hours ago, Mizv said:

Plus the pregnancy scare is going to be extremely enjoyable.  

Pregnancy drama? Who is pregnant?

edit: I finally saw whose pregnancy it was. Wow, that's going to be a bit of a shocker.

Back to JD's birth mom. She is brazen to the max and has no morals or scruples apparently about getting what she wants. Good thing that JD was raised by KS rather than by her birth mum.

• Like 1

SJ mentioned that her husband passed away a few years ago, and only after that she found out Jenny has this illness. She came back to Korea hoping to find a donor, but failed, so she turned to find JD. She begged KS to persuade JD to donate, because otherwise Jenny, her daughter, has no chance of surviving. In her eyes, only Jenny is considered her daughter. She has no feelings at all for JD except aiming for her bone marrow donation. She doesn't worry at all about JD, because her goal is just to get her bone marrow. She even yelled at KS whether he'd be the one taking the responsibility if something happened to Jenny because he wouldn't allow JD to donate. she has no thoughts for JD's wellbeing at all. This woman is first class shameless and selfish person. Yes JD, find out what a terrible mother you have, be heart broken, and move on with your dad and teacher who love you genuinely even though they're not at all blood related to you.

SJ even called MR a mistress who seduced her husband. I want to laugh my head off... Deluded witch who thinks because she has money she is above everyone. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I am totally appalled at JD's mother. The stuff she says as she struts around, thinking she's entitled to all that. She is fine with lying and ruining other people's lives in order to get what she wants.

Though, it's not clear what she actually wants. I get it that her primary objective is to get JD's bone marrow for Jenny, which basically makes her a literal bloodsucking vampire towards JD. However, it seems a point of pride that KS pine after her and only her, and she's outraged that he has the nerve to find a woman to love?

The times when she tells JD about how all that she wants is for the three of them to be a happy little family together is totally gross. Especially given how quickly JD will find out the lie once she finds out about Jenny. However, her mother clearly doesn't care about that at all. To be fair, if it all happened that way, then it would be too late for KS and MR to get back together anyway. Fortunately, it seems that KS is resistant to everyone, including JD, who wants him to given in to SJ.

Also, KS' MIL is a total piece of work, and I get sick just thinking about her. The nicest thing that might be said about her is that she's delusional. The worst is that she's another example of Korean motherhood who thinks that it's perfectly okay to sacrifice for everyone and everything if her own children get what they want. I'm really not a fan of this trope, and hope that it's not true, since it makes Koreans seem like immoral narcissists.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

the people in this drama are too nice.  So the villains really stand out.

KS has a heart of gold.  Wondering why he fell for someone like SJ.

Very Predictable SJ will reveal KS isn’t the bio father of JD.  Kind of expected since SJ is the vampire out to get everything she wants. 

From a psychological view, I can’t help wonder if being the middle child totally screwed up SJ mentally? Especially with that silly mom she has. Sometimes hierarchy can a strong role on a person personality.  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

3 episodes left... and we're still spinning around nowhere... 
I would be very upset if they let SJ get away with all her lying and manipulations. I thought I hated Soo Ji, I thought I hated Ho Rang, I thought I hated Soen Dal, but no... I think I can still live with those people around, but not SJ. She needs to pack and go back to the US. 

I watched raw, and cried at the end of ep.118, then watched with subs, also cried again. It's so sad to see KS crying because of what he had to do, but I still don't agree why he needed to do so. If he has the heart to "hurt" MR for her best interest, why can't he also be cruel to his MIL and JD's mother? for the best interest of everybody! I keep holding up hope that he would be more firm and assertive with what he's facing but no, he is too afraid of offending people, yet okay with hurting MR. Very poorly written character. Anyway, I've already blacklisted these writers. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I cried a lot watching ep.119-120. Kudos to the actors, especially Kim Si Eun as Jan Di. She has a bright future as an actress. 

So it’s actually not really hard to write good scenes who can move people’s heart. I just don’t understand why the writers choose to write some plot and scenes that have no added value to the drama as a whole. This could’ve been a good dailies. 

There definitely were some rushed scenes in ep.120. Some things are happening only behind the scenes already. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

The ending was definitely too rushed.  
was hating SJ big time.  Then boom 360 rotation all is forgotten and nice smiles.  Going back to US, see ya later fam 😒

Wish Kdramas didn’t refer going to US as a glamorous thing.  It’s better off going somewhere else.

feels like the writer forgot the story was ending. Oh well now on to the next daily drama.  I definitely won’t remember this one. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

• 1 month later...

@ktcjdrama @Mizv, I finally watched the ending of this drama, and did they forget the drama was ending? Or was the episode count cut down? The wrap up was way too sudden and unsatisfying. And, actually, I had a lot of complaints about how KS was written.

Ugh, I hate these story lines where a main character is fine with hurting everyone that they "love" so that they can appease the jerks who kick them around.

Definitely not going to miss this drama, or even remember it after this.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1