Wedding Impossible 웨딩 임파서블 [2024]

40 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Don’t recognise this actress at all, but sure. Am game to see how this pairing works out :) 

She debuted through movie. She's mostly done Netflix original series too. My first movie of her was The Call against PSH. Never seen her in romance, so this will be first. It's a bit weird to see her speak so sweetly (in voice) in the BTS here because she was anything but sweet in The Call.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Episode 1

A rather quick progress and introduction on the plot.

We have LJ Group - the CEO is grandfather of the 2 main male leads. Other than Do Han and Ji Han, there are another man and 2 women who are also the grandchildren. These 3 see themselves as the legitimate heirs whereas Do Han and Ji Han are illegitimate children of their mother.

Grandpa is not happy with the 3 legitimate grandchildren because they were shady (each has broken the law). Do Han and Ji Han are both "clean". However, he would rather give his management rights to Do Han, but not Ji Han for some unknown reason he blamed himself. LOL, this is the second role Moon Sang Min played where his birth has some sort of flaw(s). I look forward to find out the reason, because other than this flaw, he seems to be the rightful heir if LJ Group wants a good future.

To strengthen and gain more supports from the board for Do Han, Grandpa is forcing a political? business? wedding on Do Han to marry Taeyang Group's daughter. Both have no intention to marry one another since Taeyang Group's daughter likes Ji Han instead.

Na Ah Jeong is bff with Do Han, and the only person who knew he is gay. Someone else knows, since "that person" had photos of him and his lover in NY.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@gilaswan I am expecting plenty of tropes for this show - I think we probably could write the script.  As long the plot has more substance than King The Land , I am on board. :laugh: That said by the end of eps 1 , I found it quite enjoyable and it is a contract marriage drama with a twist. The leads start off the usual bickering way - the chemistry is not bad. Strangely I like the chemistry she has with the older brother - something quite sweet about their interactions as best friends.

Ji Han is ambitious and is all out to prove himself and work for it, even if he is not the chosen one. It's a nice twist from the usual MLs who are usually reluctant heirs to the throne. Do Han, the chosen one for whatever reason, would have been the ML in another drama had he not been gay. @mademoiselle I am looking forward too why grandad doesn't want JH to helm the company. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 2

OK, let me re-shuffle my thoughts. There are 2 legitimate children (Choi Min Woong and Choi Seung Ah). The other shorter lady, Ahn Se Jin, must be Choi Min Woong's wife.

Then there is Driver Kim Min Seuk and Team Leader Eun Taek, are they father and son? Kim Min Seuk mentioned Ji Han thinks he is the reason his mother died, so he couldn't go for the "throne" himself. Perhaps it is why Haraboji couldn't like him. I was really hoping to learn more about Haraboji's feelings towards Ji Han after the cute drunk scene. Them waking up at Haraboji's house would have been hilarious but they didn't show this!

Ji Han really messed up for pulling strings like that. Either way (stay or leave), Ah Jeong gets a bad reputation now. No matter what, she has inconvenient the Production team. People will gossip. A part of me that thinks Ah Jeong should just seize the opportunity, but then I understand she didn't want to do that to another rising actress, having been through difficulties herself. However, I don't know how acting as Do Han's wife will help her advance in her acting career. That's more like giving up on the career the way I see it. Of course I'm just saying hypothetically, as we know that's not how the drama will end.

I don't really like Kim Do Wan in this role. Not warming up to his Do Han like I like him in My Housemate is a Gumiho. Jun Jong Seo is nailing her quirky character as Ah Jeong quite well. I was a bit worried if she'd look too old for Moon Sang Min, but they actually look quite OK. Their back and forth acting and interactions are not bad, but I don't get OTP feels yet—this usually means I need time to become more invest in the story and characters.

I can't tell how this drama intends to stay interesting for another 14 episodes. But, the wild card is Ah Jeong's character, so we'll see.

BTS

• Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle I watched last night but was too tired to comment. Hmmm I don't know if I am truly invested as well.

For me the two brothers are bad news, lol! How much trouble they have both given her. I think when she finally gave in & called DoHan, she has pretty much given up. What JiHan did definitely spoiled her reputation in this industry which can be terribly unforgiving. I was angry on her behalf.  DoHan's character also felt very distant in episode 2, that he felt like a different person in this episode. 

So far the most likeable character here is actually Ah Jeong. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Actress Jeon Jung Seo is getting a lot of praises for her acting here. What do you think, @abs-oluteM?

I like her . Have watched a few of her stuff including her breakout movie Burning with Yoo Ah In. She’s a natural actress. 

oh side track ..,her RL boyfriend who’s a director is also handsome 🤣🤣

Spoiler

• Haha 2

The FL is funny, smart and likeable girl...  :lmao2:

MSM looks so young in this role but I like the chemistry between Jihan and the FL.

Especially their talks...He is always somehow taken aback at the end of their conversations.  

GHd-H7obcAAlFmW?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Episode 3-4

I enjoyed episode 4 a lot more than 3. Episode 4 showed both Ji Han and Ah Jung are falling for one another. It showed us they are interacting and learning about each other. I kind of think both of them are quite similar on some level. Ah Jung felt deflated her career isn't going anywhere and Ji Han is more or less the same, being shunned out by LJ Group.

Episode 4 also gives us more insight into Ji Han's past. It's still unclear as to why Ji Han is blamed for mum's death, because the car accident was caused by someone chasing her, and the reporter Kang Ik Jun seem to be the culprit who was following her. The death is a bit of a mystery, which I think Haraboji knows, but chose to cover up to protect someone—maybe Ji Han or the identity of their father.

It definitely felt good seeing Ji Han revenge on Yuri who bullies Ah Jung. Ah Jung is clearly touched Ji Han watched all of her dramas. Even though he's got an agenda, but he still made the effort, and it's clear he's totally sucked into it. Watching all of her dramas to learn about the male leads is just an excuse.

I belated realised little child actor Woo Jin and Moon Sang Min played uncle and nephew in Under The Queen's Umbrella. And then there's Jung Kyung Ho's cameo, as Chae Won's blind date. It's a very short cameo but it marks the second time they acted as each others' blind date. Hahaha. He was "so oily" in this one, physically (his hair) and behaviour. Ew.

Do Han's ex-lover made a return at the end of episode 4. He seems to be out to get Do Han. I didn't actually quite understand what happened 5 years ago. But looks like Do Han "ran away" from LJ Group, as well as this lover. Hmm, this means the photos from NY must be the works of the ex-lover!

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1