It's Gold, It's Jade. 금이야, 옥이야 [2023]

Zoaze

I definitely think JH will use MR to get revenge at his father and possibly CR because he thinks both of them is what lead to his mothers death. He thinks they been in a relationship for years while its GC one-sided crush.

MIL scolds KS. On the way home HR came running and she was acting so desperate lol. She was more or less flirting infront of MIL. She wanted to take care of KS but MIL pushed her aside. HS trying to fish for info about MR first love. HR comes running and says KS collapsed and HS is annoyed that he overworks. MIL and YJ forcing KS to rest. MIL is intent on selling the shop and KS is not happy about it.

Chairman and CR comes home. SJ start mouthing off and CR tell her to stop. She continue and suddenly realize and shut her mouth.

Bakery scene. MIL putting sidedishes in the store. SML aunt comes in to the store. End up in an argument.

Jandi at the art academy and talking on the phone. MR come and take Jandi phone to turn off the phone call. Jandi refusing to do any serious attempt to draw. Jandi finds out from HS that KS collapsed. Jandi rushes home. They tell Jandi to let her father rest. 

Jandi go in and talk with KS. Jandi is worried. KS is joking. Jandi doesnt think its funny and crying. KS think about what MIL said.

Chairman trying to eat but dropped the spoon. Chairman wanted to thank KS. CR says she knows him. Chairman sounds happy.

SJ,MR and MR brother discuss about it in living room. Seems like CR didn't tell them who it was.

KS comes into the side dish store and MIL telling him what he does here. Seems like KS give his permission aswell to sell it. MIL had used Jandi card to force KS to not be stubborn. They are talking. KS asking MIL if shes upset. Side dish store seems to mean alot to both KS and MIL. YJ came with KS phone who was ringing endlessly. KS answer and he get the caretaker job. SJ is not happy about it. MR is for it. MR brother is forced to agree. But it's noticed that he is under SJ control. CR telling SJ to watch her words and not insult KS when he comes. JH(SML) at a bar talking with a woman. He gets a call from MR. JH is kinda cold. MR wondering if he doesnt want to see her. 

Both Jandi and KS saying fighting! and cheer each other up and smiling. SML father and aunt talking. JH appears. MR and SJ scene talking. KS outside the house and too nervous to ring the bell. KS say fighting and jumps around. MR walks about and sees him and start laughing. KS said its something Jandi taught him i think. MR and KS talk. MR asking KS to take good care of Chairman. 

Ofcourse Chairman having a temper while eating. KS will slowly get through to the Chairman. I don't expect it to just go instantly.

Episode 12 Preview

As Kang-san gets a job as a caregiver for Man-seok, the side dish shop is also out of business. On her first day at work, Kang San is surprised to learn that Man-seok, whom she met in the bathroom, is the chairman of Hwang Dong-dong Food.
Meanwhile, Chanran reveals a fact she has been hiding from Manseok...

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 1

So i was tired and i didnt really bother to watch much today. I only saw the ending. JH fuming after seeing his dad with CR and Chairman outside Chairman house. He will definitely go after MR as a means of revenge. I'm going to hate JH guts. I hope she will dump him by ep 40.

Episode 13 Preview

Kang San can't bear to reveal to her Jan Pyo that she works for Joon Pyo's house, so she is worried. Meanwhile, Joo-hyeok witnesses the relationship between Kyu-cheol and Chan-ran and trembles with shock and anger...

• Like 2

was busy so couldnt watch most of it. Seems like KS asked for a favor of MR. MR went to JP room to talk with him and probably leave Jandi alone and not let her know KS is working there.

Like i thought, JH will use MR as a means for revenge. I hope she realize what garbage he is by ep 40

Episode 14 Preview

Kangsan is in the midst of a harsh declaration ceremony that is comparable to a tolerable married woman to Suji's back rice.
Meanwhile, Ju-hyeok thinks of the future as a way to get revenge on Gyu-cheol, and Mi-rae, who knows nothing about it, goes to a meeting with the eldest son of Golden Retail...

• Like 1

I am all caught up... So far enjoying the dynamics of the characters. Except for CR and JH's father. Feels so awkward and a tad creepy? JH's father seems to have other agenda (be part of the family) and not sincerely loving CR. If that is so, it's really too bad, because the Chairman likes him a lot. Chairman has quite a temper. I am usually understanding with elderlies, but actually having a hard time to relate to him. I understand he is prideful and not liking the state he's in right now, but he looked down on people unnecessarily - MR and GS, eg.

I thought our ML is so handsome :wow: Don't think I've seen him before. I love seeing his smile, esp. when teasing his daughter JD. Looks like the leads will get together pretty late in the series, seeing that there is a childhood crush, a missing wife... things are going to be so complicated.

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I think KS will be a bridge between Chairman and MR in the future.

Seems like JP friends mocks Jandi at school. JP almost let it slip out that KS works at JP house. But i think JP friends will find out from their parents cause SJ brings her friends over. Jandi is upset about something in the preview when she talks with KS over the phone and KS is worried.

So Chairman yelled at MR because the arranged date was ruined and not even hearing what happened ugh. MR have some object from her childhood that she looked at. A man who came to apply for job i think at bakery had an identical object.

How interesting. SML aunt will have a love line from what it looks like with MR biological father who abandoned her.

Episode 15 Preview Man-seok likes Kang San more and more sincere. Meanwhile, Su-ji, who doesn't like Kang-san, calls her classmates and plots to embarrass Kang-san...

• Like 2

I really dislike the Chairman. First he was so upset that MR is going on a blind date with that son of retail group, next he was also upset when MR left the blind date. I understand that it seemed that MR is being rude, but he never even listened to why she left. He is so prejudiced against her. I don't know how this old man is to be redeemed later. Yes we have a long way to go still, but I'm not liking that there are so few "good guys" in this drama. Soo Ji is also very annoying. Her husband is nice to MR, but he is so weak and always do his wife's bidding. 

JH's father seems very shady. Not supporting him with MR's mother at all. And I think they won't end up a couple anyway, judging from the big poster where everyone is in. She is standing alone, far far away from JH's father spot. 

@abs-oluteM are you watching this? ML is good looking... haha...

• Confused 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Missed the first 10 mins. Seems like KS will have feelings for MR first. JH will ofcourse GC announcing his and CR relationship. Both father and sun disgust me.

So Chairman seems to be comfortable around KS. Jandi and MR got locked in. Jandi is afraid and worried about MR. Jandi calls KS. SJ brought her friends to humiliate KS. KS got a call from Jandi. KS is holding Chairman dirty clothes and underwear. KS says he has to go and dump the dirt clothes on SJ. When she realize what it is, SJ screams. KS calls HR about it. HR scolds HS. Since it seems like HS closed the door without checking if there was people inside?. KS arrive outside the door and JH is on his way with flowers. KS crash into the door so it opens and carry MR. JH and HR arrive. MR wake up in KS arms. She says that he can let her down. JH insists that she goes to the hospital and take her. KS,Jandi,SIL,MIL at the table. KS is absent minded. Jandi explain what happened today. They have a reaction when the teacher is a woman. SIL says some things maybe teasing. Jandi and KS are sweet with eachother and hugging. JH takes MR home and tries to go for a kiss i think when the episode ends.

Episode 16 Preview

A place prepared to inform the family about the relationship between Gyu-cheol and Chan-ran. Everyone from both families gathers at Manseok's house and enjoys a garden party.
The moment Kyu-cheol opens her mouth to make a major announcement, a situation unfolds that no one expected...

• Like 2
On 4/13/2023 at 3:11 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Except for CR and JH's father. Feels so awkward and a tad creepy? JH's father seems to have other agenda (be part of the family) and not sincerely loving CR.

I actually think CR has no romantic feelings for him. she's just going along to please her dad. And yes, seems like JH father has more than only sincere feelings for her.

It will be messy once JH says he's interested in MR.

Hi  you guys... finally have some time again and I liked how the ML behaves and his warm, open smile...so, here I am, catching up on this drama! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Min86 I like both the leads here. I've seen daily dramas with him before. So i actually started because of Seo Jun-Young(KS). Also because i like the concept of the drama.

Both leads have their trauma, MR will have even more after finding out JH is using her. KS,Jandi will be there for MR. Hopefully all 3 can slowly heal each other. Both KS and Mirae have very beautiful smiles. They both deserve someone sweet and kind in their life after what they have both suffered.

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 2

Did not really watch much today. JH proposed infront of the family. There was also a confrontation of JH and his father at the end. Well, i'm not that surprised since it said in char profiles JH is MR fiancee.

Episode 17 Preview

Kangsan takes Jan-di's hand and goes to meet her Seon-dal, but she has to see Sun-dal, who she can't bear to show her.

Meanwhile, Chanran is torn between the upset Man-seok and the unknown MR...

• Like 1

Good thing is that MR family doesn't like JH much except for MR brother. GS is too nosy keep asking questions about Jandi mom and made Jandi angry and upset. CR stopped MR from giving up shares or something and raised her voice and told MR to leave so CR could talk to Chairman.

Chairman keep mentioning how MR is not their blood. KS making MR laugh in the preview. MR and HS talk. HR looking at MR from distance jealous probably.

Episode 18 Preview

Su-ji is on the verge of being lied to because of Kang San who accidentally picked up a wooden bead in the yard.
Meanwhile, even Chanran opposes the meeting between Mirae and Juhyeok, and finally Kyucheol confesses to Chanran that he wants to spend the rest of his days together...

• Like 2

Jandi will find out that JP is MR nephew tomorrow haha. I hope MR will be able to ease things between them.

So JH approached CR outside. CR ended up giving up cause of MR happiness and gave MR permission with JH. KS made MR laugh.

SJ tried to get KS out of the room to not expose her but CR came in. Chairman told him to sit down. While KS was oblivious SJ tried to stop but KS let it out that thoose wooden balls was given by MR and not SJ. CR saying SJ lied? Chairman looks chocked/surprised.

HR will start being jealous and mean in the preview.

Episode 19 Preview
Joo-hyeok greets Doo-ho, who has a new job at his aunt Kyu-seon's bakery.
However, he feels suspicious of Doo-ho somewhere. Meanwhile, Jan-di learns something hard to believe from Jun-pyo, whom she met at an art academy...

• Like 2

HR is being jealous and rude. Jandi found out where KS works from JP when they got into an argument infront of MR. KS was at the art academy. Jandi goes to confront her father and is not happy and make a scene. When leaving she shove JP out of the way. HR being unpleasant about why MR works here when she is from a rich family. MR ends up saying she was adopted and makes HR feel bad. JH being a jerk towards Baker. Baker ends up going to back of the store. MR is in the bakery with JH. They don't run into each other yet. MR found out from CR that KS told Chairman and MR smiles. CR really likes KS. CR makes SJ apologize to MR. Chairman is shaking his head. KS is talking to Jandi. Jandi is crying heavily. I think KS either quit or is going to quit cause of the whole situation. 

Chairman looking at the wooden balls MR made for him. Chairman is talking to GC on the phone and GC apologizing to Chairman ep ends.

SJ talking nonsense about Jandi infront of the family. MR looking uncomfortable. MR talking with Jandi. Jandi made her decision about something in preview.

20 previews

Joo Hyuk decides to stay in Korea. Gyu-cheol works behind the scenes to ensure that Joo-hyeok has no place to set foot at Hwang Dong Food headquarters.
Meanwhile, Gyu-sun finds out that Du-ho was homeless at the bakery...

• Like 1

MR talks with Jandi. Seems like the biggest problem was JP mom. Jandi give KS permission. SJ is talking nonsense infront of MR,CR,Chairman. Saying he won't come because of his daughter. KS arrive cheerful and greets all. SJ is so shocked with her mouth wide-open :D . Everyone except SJ is happy. MR is smiling happily. Jandi confronted JP head-on which startled him and seems like he didnt find it as fun to tease her.  GC blocked JH from the head of department posision i think. Forgot to say that KS started calling Baker Hyungnim. GS finds out Baker is homeless and is not happy about it. KS hears it. KS talks with both Baker and GS. Seems like KS offers him the room for rent?. KS brings him over and KS MIL shocked and at the same time KS BIL arrive causing an awkward situation.

In the preview Jandi is harassed by high school students i think. One of them is trying to steal her backpack. MR family says something about KS.

Episode 21 Preview

Jan-dan's family is in trouble over the new owner of the single room.
Caught in the middle, Doo-ho is stranded in an embarrassing situation, while Chan-ran suspects that Kyu-cheol deliberately blocked Joo-hyeok's appointment to the head office...

• Like 2

Soo Ji is sooo annoying. Not a single worthy word comes out of her mouth. I need to buy those green tape (in bulk) to plaster her mouth shut 🙄

Another one who needs to watch her mouth is JH’s aunt. But at least she is trying to mend relationships and trying to be friendly, just not always the right timing and place. She needs to be more observant and know when to stop talking. 

• Confused 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Edit : Added some. Can't be sure how accurate it is : I can't be sure. But from reading naver chat, i think JH said to MR to stay away from KS and don't treat uneducated people that well or something like that. I have to wait for subs. But it sounds like something JH would say. Will never feel bad for JH. Trash

Not that much happened today to be honest. Except the attempted robbery on Jandi. Baker saved Jandi. So he is allowed to stay. Both Jandi and KS likes Baker. YJ(SIL) aswell. So he has approval of 3 people. KS MIL gave in cause he saved Jandi.

Preview looks interesting though. JH is a jerk. Jandi avoiding JP & Gang it seems like. Baker is grateful and bow his head in gratitude to KS family.

Episode 22 Preview

Gyu-cheol informs Man-seok that he plans to send Joo-hyeok back to the United States. At the same time, Ju-hyeok responds to Chan-ran's invitation and heads to Man-seok's house.
Meanwhile, Kang San is hurt by Joo Hyuk's words. Horang comforts the dead Kangsan...

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 1

New Character Profiles from KBS World. Big spoilers happening. I really love the way they are planning to do it!.

Edit :   @abs-oluteM If you're interested or watching this at all.

Kang San :

Spoiler
Characters
  • 1680843133_1678858481946_430794.jpg

GEUM KANG-SAN / Cast. Seo Jun-Young
    Kang-san’s mother abandoned him when he was a baby, whereas his dad was busy dating a woman. That is why Kang-san felt his life was at the end when his grandmother – his only family who actually cared about him - died when he is still a teenager. But thanks to the help of his dear friend Sun-joo, Kang-san could overcome the depression of losing his grandmother.
    It was not long after that he finds out Sun-joo is pregnant, but the child’s father has passed away. Kang-san believes it is time to repay the kindness Sun-joo shared with him and deceives everyone that he is the father of Sun-joo’s child. Although he was not the biological father of Jan-di, Sun-joo’s daughter, he truly loved Jan-di and devoted his life to raising her even after Sun-joo left him and disappeared after a quarrel.
    But his little angel is now in her puberty. While he gets depressed because of his child showing disrespectful behavior, Kang-san meets Mi-rae, a cheerful woman who works as a teacher at the art academy Jan-di attends, and falls in love with her.
    As Mi-rae is from a rich family and has a perfect fiancé, Kang-san hesitates as he is afraid of ruining Mi-rae’s future. However, realizing that Mi-rae also truly loves him, he is determined to go against all the odds stacked against them.

Mirae

Spoiler
  • 1680843184_1678858482091_430818.jpg

OK MI-RAE / Cast. Yun Da-Yeong
    Mi-rae was abandoned in a small room by her father when she was 6-year-old. Luckily, she was adopted by an heiress of a big enterprise, but her life was still not easy. She had to bear the cold gaze of her grandfather who believed Mi-rae stained the reputation of her mother.
    But thanks to her mother who truly loved Mi-rae as a daughter, Mi-rae could dream of becoming an art teacher. Besides, her first love Joo-hyuk also supported her, expressing his affection toward her.
    However, Mi-rae’s world is turned upside down when she happens to meet her biological father. Joo-hyuk forces Mi-rae not to meet her father, reminding her that she could get kicked out of her family. Realizing Joo-hyuk loved her background, Mi-rae is deeply hurt.
    It was Kang-san who embraced and comforted her wounded heart. Meeting the love of her life, Mi-rae decides to put priority on the future with Kang-san ahead of everything else. But dreaming of the future with Kang-san requires more of her than she would imagine.

Edited by Zoaze
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Who is this Sang Soo guy that Kang San must become like his servant at home? :mad: Kang San offered to do his laundry, iron his clothes, etc.etc?! Why.... He is supposedly the one getting the favour to live in that house, and yet they have to serve him to make him stay? So shameless. And a miser indeed. Selfish one. Not goign to contribute to the living expenses... How he always wants to have the MIL's banchan for free, yet always keep everyone at a distance, looking down at them in fact. I am glad Jandi's aunt is not letting him off easy by keep poking him with the money issue. She is one of my favourite characters so far. Wonder how Sang Soo is going to be written going forward because he is really unlikable for me. Not annoying like Soo Ji, but he really needs to be brought down a peg or two. Not understanding his character setup yet, especially with the wife and son living overseas. Wonder why such setup. And how come there has never been any communication scene between Jandi's grandma with that daughter of hers, Jin Ju.... so strange that Grandma is more concerned and communicate so much with Sang Soo. 

Edited by ktcjdrama

MTDzeiV.gif

JH is so unlikable.. MIL playing favorites and YJ,Jandi are annoyed. Baker gave them bread. Hes already well liked by KS family. JP being a jerk still i think. KS doesn't let JH words bring her down. YJ sees HR flirting with KS at a bench. YJ is not happy and got angry at HR.

I think Jandi asked about her mom in the preview. KS is getting more frustrated with MIL playing favorite with SS. Chairman doesn't want to help JH.

Written Preview : 

Episode 23 Preview

Joo-hyeok goes to Man-seok's house and asks for an assignment from the head office, but Man-seok's heart is firm. Ju-hyeok criticizes Mi-rae for sparks of fire.
Meanwhile, Jandi receives a call from Kangsan's mobile phone...

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 1

Thanks @Zoaze I hv not had the mood to start. Lol...but I am curious with why there is a change in the character profile. IS there gonna be a direction shift in the story.

Just curious how are you guys finding this show as I don't usually watch much daillies or even weekend shows unless there's an actor I love. The Love In Your Eyes took a lot of my stamina but I also loved it. Baek Sung Hyun of course was a the reason I gave the show a shot in the 1st place. 

cc @ktcjdrama

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Just curious how are you guys finding this show

I like it so far. An easy watch where I can rant about annoying characters without feeling any burden of not wanting to continue, if you know what I mean, haha.... I'm curious to find out how the leads will get together, and it's an interesting setup of a blended family with a typical emotional teenager handling growing pains, which we don't usually see in kdramas. I can bear with it seeing the smiles from Kang San. Still warming up to the female lead who needs to loosen up a bit with her expressions. This will usually improve with episode count.

• Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif