Director: Mahito Kimura, Yusuke Matsuda
Writer: Io Sakisaka (manga), Sayaka Kuwamura
Network: WOWOW
Episodes: 8
Release Date: Fall, 2023 22th Sept 2023

Time : Friday 11pm

20230909-220214.jpg

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki
At the end of the first year of high school, Futaba Yoshioka (Natsuki Deguchi) meets Kou Tanaka who was her first love. In their middle school days, they attended the same school, but he suddenly transferred to another school. 3 years later, he appears in front of her again with the different last name of Kou Mabuchi (Kaito Sakurai). His personality also seems to have changed from warm to cold. He is like a totally different person from 3 years ago. Futaba Yoshioka slowly learns what happened to Kou Mabuchi for the past 3 years and she become to have feelings for him again.

Notes
Based on manga series "Ao Haru Ride" by Io Sakisaka (published from January 13, 2011 to February 13, 2015 in the shojo manga magazine Bessatsu Margaret).

Related titles:
Blue Spring Ride | Aoharaido (2014)
Ao Haru Ride Season 1 | Aoharaido Season 1 (WOWOW / 2023)

Cast
Natsuki Deguchi - Futaba Yoshioka
Kaito Sakurai - Kou Mabuchi

20230909-215935.jpg

20230909-215937.jpg

Wowow

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

The movie version ML is a scandal ridden actor who cheat on his pregnant wife with Arthdal Chronicle's actress. He looks a bit slimy, even before the scandal I already felt he's not suitable for Kou's role. Hence, I never bothered to check the movie. 

So when I saw news and trailer that they're going to make a drama, I just had to open this thread. Because I think the ML for once looks quite worthy as the bishonen from the manga. 

I did read the manga, but as it's quite long and towards the end a bit muddle, I think I never managed to finish it. Strobe Edge was in general more fun, but this also have it's own charm. 

• Like 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 1 month later...