(Mom's Friend's Son)

(엄마 친구 아들)

GDh462JbwAAzqzI?format=jpg&name=medium

Korean title : 엄마 친구 아들

Network : tvN

OTT : TBA

Release : second half of 2024

Genre : romantic comedy

Production : 스튜디오드래곤 (Studio Dragon), 더모도리 (Deomodori)

Episodes : TBA

Director : Yoo Je Won ( Crash Course in Romance, Hometown Cha Cha Cha, Hi Bye Mama, Abyss, Hundred Million Stars From the Sky, etc.)

Screenwriter : Shin Ha Eun ( Hometown Cha Cha Cha, The Crowned Clown )

Synopsis

Mom’s Friend’s Son is a new rom-com drama about a woman named Bae Seok Ryu, who tries to restart her troubled life, and her mom’s friend’s son Choi Seung Hyo, who is marked as the dark chapter in Bae Seok Ryu’s life.

This heartwarming story unfolds when Choi Seung Hyo, portrayed by Jung Hae In, and Bae Seok Ryu, played by Jung So Min, two childhood acquaintances who harbor each other's dark secrets, reunite at the crossroads of their youth. The narrative promises to deliver moments of laughter, heartfelt empathy, and thrilling excitement. (Source)

About the title

The direct translation of the title '엄마 친구 아들' / '엄친아' (Umchina) would be <Mother's Friend's Son>, but it also has another meaning.

In Korea, 'Umchina' can also be used as a slang word. '엄마 친구 아들' or '엄친아' refers to a person who is perfect in everything: abilities, appearances, and backgrounds. It's usually used by a mother to motivate her son to do better by comparing him to an obscurely perfect character. (Source )

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 2
  • Party! 1

CAST

Jung Hae In - Choi Seung Hyo. The head of the architecture atelier In and one of the most notable young architects in the Korean architecture industry. In addition to having great skills, Choi Seung Hyo is handsome and has the perfect personality. His one dark past involves around Bae Seok Ryu, whom he met when he was four years old by following his mom to the bathhouse. The two who used to share banana milk at the bathhouse will reunite after time passes, raising question for what relationship will unfold when they meet again.

Jung So Min - Bae Seok RyuShe wants to reboot her life. Honest and overflowing with energy, the successful Bae Seok Ryu is a perfect daughter parents love to praise. While climbing the ladder to success as the project manager of a major global firm, Bae Seok Ryu suddenly breaks down one day.

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 3

Jung Hae In In Talks For New Drama By “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” Creators

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624014wpp/jung-hae-in-in-talks-for-new-drama-by-hometown-cha-cha-cha-creators

Jung So Min Joins Jung Hae In In Talks For New Drama By “Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha” Creators

https://www.soompi.com/article/1629334wpp/jung-so-min-joins-jung-hae-in-in-talks-for-new-drama-by-hometown-cha-cha-cha-creators

Jung Hae In Confirmed To Star In New Rom-Com Drama Jung So Min Is In Talks For

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Jung So Min confirmed ☺️

On her upcoming role, Jung So Min remarked, “It’s an honor to meet a project that I relate to and makes my heart feel warm. I’m looking forward to it even more because I enjoyed watching the writer’s [other] projects. As my second project with the director based on trust, I will greet viewers with a good performance.”

Edited by ssteph
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1