Dr. Brain | Dr.브레인 [2021]

On 11/4/2021 at 10:33 PM, mademoiselle said:

Tagging @JenL Time to watch drama. 😂

I watched the first episode and didn't know how I felt. It reminds me of a darker version of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind but instead of memory erasing a romance, it's memory swapping with people and then trying to sort out your memories. Wasn't highly immersed though for some reason. I think because the pacing felt weird...and brain swapping with 3 people...will it get confusing? Might have to be on hold since I like the other shows better. :idk:

• Like 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL Not brain swapping. Brain syncing. It's his research. At first it is research but now he's taking their memories to solve mysteries. I get what you mean about the pacing, which is weird because this show technically only have 6 episodes to tell the full story and they are taking their sweet time? There's some eerieness to some scenes as well although doesn't spook me.

I do like the end of episode 2 so I think I will still tune in but like you, definitely not priority.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Not brain swapping. Brain syncing. It's his research. At first it is research but now he's taking their memories to solve mysteries. I get what you mean about the pacing, which is weird because this show technically only have 6 episodes to tell the full story and they are taking their sweet time? There's some eerieness to some scenes as well although doesn't spook me.

I do like the end of episode 2 so I think I will still tune in but like you, definitely not priority.

True, I was trying to think of a better way to describe it. It's not a swap but technically downloading the memories into his own. :MewHi:

Yeah, it's a very short series, but it feels a bit like a long arthousey, sci-fi movie, I think. Weirdly enough I found this more spooky than the zombies in Happiness...but I think I get spooked by psychological thriller stuff - unsettling moments that make your question if you're going crazy or not (like is there a person there?) definitely gets me. :nervous:

Anyway, if you watch to the end while it's airing, let me know if you think the series is good. I'll probably watch it as a later watch if anything. :heiboi:

• Haha 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 minutes ago, JenL said:

Weirdly enough I found this more spooky than the zombies in Happiness...but I think I get spooked by psychological thriller stuff - unsettling moments that make your question if you're going crazy or not (like is there a person there?) definitely gets me.

Yes! He gets this hallucinations or memories rushing in due to trigger when some of the visual presentation gets a bit disturbing. 

4 minutes ago, JenL said:

Anyway, if you watch to the end while it's airing, let me know if you think the series is good. I'll probably watch it as a later watch if anything.

Sure! No problem.