Wedding Impossible 웨딩 임파서블 [2024]

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I enjoyed episode 4 a lot more than 3.

Oh that's good. I was struggling with the plot development for episode 3. Though it is the only logical choice that he would go after her and steal her heart ( and this makes a perfect rom-com setting), still it felt like he has crossed the line for doing that. It is fortunate that MXM with his pretty face card :D is playing this. Otherwise it would have been hard to root for this pairing. There are moments of sweetness to JiHan where you know deep down he isn't a jerk but right now he's behaving like one for  sure, and I would want Ah Jeong to run from this entire family. 
Anyway I will keep watching. 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'm at 3.5, and watching with a lot of FFWD.

They need to do something about Ji Han and Do Han's hair! I swear, only korean actors go around with their fringe down like that or parted in the middle with a little wave/curl  :scaredpanda2:

Anyway, MSM, though quite cute, lacks a bit of gravitas for the role. Somehow he's not very convincing as a suave and charming young man. The part where he told Ah Jung he will seduce her so she will fall for him - I looked at him like Ah Jung looked at him - highly sceptical. Not with that hair (with a little sideburn omg), I thought 😆. It was a bit cringy to me, because he seemed like a cocky little boy, talking big. Then booking the whole business class section etc, where does he get the money? He has a lowly job, grandfather doesn't like him but gives him a lot of money? Mother left him inheritance? Now, I'm just waiting for the day he is appointed heir of the family business, and then surely they must comb his hair up then, right?!

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Though it is the only logical choice that he would go after her and steal her heart

Actually I don't get this plot line at all.

Shouldn't he be happy that grandfather has accepted the marriage and will still appoint Do Han to manage the company? Why is he trying to break them up? (Apart from being subconsciously in love with Ah Jung).

Chae Won seems like a decent girl. Considering they are showing her story, who is she expected to end up with?

• Haha 2

Looks like I’m not the only one who found ep 3 difficult to get through! I was falling asleep through various points and decided to start surfing the web while it played in the background. Seriously contemplating dropping this show. While the premise does give the ol’ marriage-for-benefits trope a good twist, the story progression is a little meh. It’s getting a bit stale this issue of why Ah Jung isn’t advancing in her career, and I’m not sure I care for why Dohan doesn’t want to inherit the business nor that Jihan would be the better man for the job. Jus5 doesn’t seem intriguing enough. And I don’t know why it is, but I never liked the actor playing the grandfather, whatever the show and whatever the role he takes. Something about his acting that always makes me think he’s unconvincing… 

• Like 3

I really want to like this drama, thinking that it'll be fun, but it's... surprisingly, NOT. Someone please tell me why am I not being charmed by Moon Sang Min like he charmed me in Under the Queen's Umbrella? Whyyyy? 😭

That said I'm going to keep watching because now Ji Han has realised his feelings for Ah Jung.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I really want to like this drama, thinking that it'll be fun, but it's... surprisingly, NOT. Someone please tell me why am I not being charmed by Moon Sang Min like he charmed me in Under the Queen's Umbrella? Whyyyy? 😭

That said I'm going to keep watching because now Ji Han has realised his feelings for Ah Jung.

It is the writing. Technically, JiHan doesn't know that DoHan and AhJung are not in love. But for his own agenda, he keeps trying to separate them and even to the point where he thinks "stealing" her is the best solution for this. For me that is a line that should not be crossed even if this was meant to give the leads ample opportunity for  interactions. It makes it hard to root for him since he's just willing to do anything to get the project going & to have their side inherit LJ. Of course he'll come to regret it but I feel he has zero consideration for what his brother wants. I am guessing that the writer is going to give him some character development but it really needs to come sooner. After 5 episodes it is no longer charming to see him behaving so like a child. 

Last night's episode made me wish AhJung can run away from all this. Considering the story that will be written by that bad reporter, her reputation is going to go down the drain. Like how will she come back to act? I am assuming she still wants to. It looks like it is going to be a hot mess what with Chae Won making a deal with grandpa in exchange for JiHan. Let's see how entangled this will get. :PsyWhat:

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM LOL, maybe Tofu was right to worry about this drama being written by Poong's writer.

This makes sense now :laugh:...okay I forgot this was Poong's writer. Not gonna hold my breath for good plot development. MXM face card better help me on this .  How many episodes is this drama? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This makes sense now :laugh:...okay I forgot this was Poong's writer. Not gonna hold my breath for good plot development. MXM face card better help me on this .  How many episodes is this drama? 

12 episodes. We're half way through! I am hoping their acting will help me get through this. Moon Sang Min isn't charming me at all in here. I am not happy with his hair and his acting is so-so. Sometimes OK, sometimes I thought could have been better. 

• Haha 1

Episode 6 is much better—with Ji Han realising he's fallen for Ah Jung, and trying his best to control his feelings. Welcoming this belated angst, to be honest, and look forward to him drawing the line but can't. Heh. More push and pull is needed.

My favourite scene in episode 6 is none other than the family dinner. Not the bit where Ji Han stood up for Ah Jung, but Ah Jung's brohter-in-law dissing Ji Han's half eldest brother. HAHAHA! I just love love love how he asked him when he'll stop causing trouble so that it'll not affect his investment i.e., LJ stock :lmao2: Such a good slap to Min Woong's face.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I am glad that in episode 6, JiHan has finally come to his senses ...as in he's not doing silly things to break-up this "marriage". I like that he recognised his feelings for AhJong but has put a reign on it given that he doesn't know it is fake. I think that is important since it shows growth on his part. Now it is possible to see her with him.

So very strangely, I actually find that JiHan has good chemistry with ChaeWon. For the first time in a long time, the 2nd FL in a love triangle is not some annoying one dimensional character - in fact I like ChaeWon for being decisive and upfront. I like that she told her feelings to JH and made it clear why she was supporting the shopping mall. I know they won't be the end game , but if JH hadn't had feelings for AJ, I would have shipped him with CW. 

• Like 1

Anyone watched this week’s yet? I saw spoilers & wahh there was a kiss & lots of development. I am assuming that Ji Han knows about DoHan being gay right? And that the marriage is just a contract?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Anyone watched this week’s yet? I saw spoilers & wahh there was a kiss & lots of development. I am assuming that Ji Han knows about DoHan being gay right? And that the marriage is just a contract?

Haven't watched. Decided to watch Impossible Heir first thinking it was finale 😅

Oh wait, I did watch the first night's episode but didn't really pay attention. Yes, Ji Han found out Do Han is gay from the ex. But I don't think he knows it was a contract marriage, yet. He's acting out purely on his own beliefs that they won't be happy, and he did not let Ah Jung knows he knows Do Han is gay.

I didn't feel anything for the kiss.

• Insightful 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@abs-oluteM Jeon Jong Seo's real bf made a cameo as PD in finale episode! Sharp eyes fans pointed it out. Also cameo were Kim Bum, Lee Soo Hyuk and Ryu Kyung Soo.

Kim Bum played someone who fell in love with Chae Won (second FL) since he saw her at her wedding. He didn't want to miss the chance again so he actively pursue her. Lee Soo Hyuk is Ah Jung's groom in a drama she's filming. Don't know what's Ryu Kyung Soo playing.

• Insightful 1

@abs-oluteM Jeon Jong Seo's real bf made a cameo as PD in finale episode! Sharp eyes fans pointed it out. Also cameo were Kim Bum, Lee Soo Hyuk and Ryu Kyung Soo.

Kim Bum played someone who fell in love with Chae Won (second FL) since he saw her at her wedding. He didn't want to miss the chance again so he actively pursue her. Lee Soo Hyuk is Ah Jung's groom in a drama she's filming. Don't know what's Ryu Kyung Soo playing.

I saw the cameo for her BF and also Lee Soo Hyuk. Did you finish this show? I saw there was a time skip

• Like 1