Chief Detective 1958 수사반장 1958 [Current - Fri/Sat]

I love the end when they arm twisted the Chief do donate the reward to the orphans. :laugh: I also love the emotional plea they made to the police officer to let them go when the Chief ordered them to be locked up. Anyway this was another really fun episode showcasing the teamwork between this newly minted group.  Nice to see the younger ones pulling their weight - the smart kid especially will make fab detective because of how he thinks. What was also nice was seeing HyeJoo involved in this case unwittingly and she used her "acting" skills to distract the thieves.

The romance took off fast. Young Han is a scatter brain - very sanguine personality. He almost forgot to go for their movie date again , lol! I love though how they showed their relationship develop and when he threw his body to save her in the car chase , I was certain it would seal the deal. The love triangle also died a natural death when they all find out that YH and HJ  like each other. This is good cause I don't see the need for unnecessary romantic entanglements in a show like this. Anyway according to Seo EunSoo in her Harper's Bazaar pictorial for this show, she says that HyeJoo is a straightforward person with a lot of inner strength who will do her best to protect YoungHan who will become her husband. So I think we will see their married lives as the story progress. 

Tonight's case involves child trafficking? 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

I find myself distracted when watching this episode. It didn't have the same humour it had in episode two. Indeed, the love line moves quick and in a light-hearted way especially for the love triangle, which is good. I think Ho Jeong's love line might be with the other school girl anyway. She dreams to be a police/detective, too. Everyone will seem to have a love line, except Sang Soon.

GMFyYqHbYAAdqzE?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Spoiler

GMFxx_IasAA32gJ?format=jpg&name=4096x409GMFxyg3aUAAI135?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Marie Claire Photoshoot

GL0PawkbIAAixjh?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

GL0PcSaa4AAMNhV?format=jpg&name=largeGL0PdV4bQAEWIWG?format=jpg&name=largeGL0PsOgawAAtLQN?format=jpg&name=4096x409GL0PsRragAAw6Z7?format=jpg&name=4096x409GL0PsT6akAAnMKq?format=jpg&name=4096x409GL0P_O5aEAA-xC5?format=jpg&name=4096x409GL0QDK1bkAATRnM?format=jpg&name=4096x409GL0QErxbEAAOqSV?format=jpg&name=4096x409GL0QGH3bkAAa8zj?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle this show is very comical & not so heavy, I don’t mind cuz I’m watching enough angsty & heavy dramas as it is. 

Woot !!!! Maybe we will get to see their married life & them having kids. Those days folks marry young  & quickly 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

I somehow didn't enjoy the case in episode 4. I know it's very realistic - I can imagine in those days  child trafficking would be even harder to deal with. There are no photographs, no cctvs etc. This is truly an analog type investigation. But somehow the show felt a bit too serious. The only thing I appreciated was that we got to understand Detective Kim's past and why he was particularly so upset about it. Next week will feel rather personal for Young Han with the death of that young boy whom he had so much fondness for.  Also I am grateful for a bit of romance and we will see the relationship progress in tandem with his career. Given the title, this show should span a period of time where we get to see Young Han become the Chief. 

• Like 1

I forgot to comment about episode 3-4! For me, these two episodes did not retain the humour like the last two. That was disappointing for me. I thought maybe they could at least find a balance between it. I suppose the story had to become more serious because it is only a 10-episode series, OK, at least for this season. The rating is not bad, so MBC could easily do an S2 as long as all the actors can reprise their roles.

• Clapping Hands 1

I love the simplicity of life & how uncomplicated things are then when it comes to relationships & marriage. Looks like we will journey with Young Han  where we see his progress in both his personal & work life 

The wedding ❤️

• Shocked 1

Lol...am I the only one left watching?

If I thought that the previous Chief was horrid, the new one is even worse. This guy is not even a cop to begin with but was with the military and was actually dismissed for corruption. He managed to crawl back into public service and what is worse is that he was the one who told Young Han to kill those NK escapees back in the days when YH was doing his military service. Safe to say both hate each other's guts and he's already given YH a lot of problems. This guys has no base line and to get to this new position, he had gotten men to hurt Chief Yu under the instructions of previous Chief who is now further promoted. It is so infuriating that the bad guys just get more & more powerful - it truly takes steely determination to continue to stay clean and fight justice.  Anyway this new Chief better not touch Hae Joo as he was so creepy when he said he didn't know that YH had such a stunning wife. 

The drama did a couple of years time jump after the wedding since we're supposed to be journeying with YoungHan throughout his career. I didn't mind that he married quickly because Hae Joo is such a wonderful person and very supportive of him. She gives him plenty of encouragement when he is down - and TBH given all that he is up against, I am glad she is his safe haven.

Glad that at the end of eps 6 , Chief Yu had woken up from his comma. 

Preview

• Haha 1

I did watch both episodes, so did Tea. But I personally paid more attention in the game I was playing than the shows, so didn't say much. I don't think the whole justice/corruption etc is anything new. What's different is just the 60s background. It does seem like the gangster's plot is based on true story, since they did use real historical footage.

• Like 1