Gyeongseong Creature 경성 크리처 [S1 - 2023-2024][S2 - Upcoming]

Tofu

As a monster show it's okay. For those who have consumed a steady diet of sci-fi horror over the years, it's nothing groundbreaking. The historical aspect -- Japanese occupation of Joseon during WW2 -- is what gives it a new coat of paint. After a clunky first episode, the second and third episodes seem to be finding its groove. The leads are okay. Wi Ha-joon has barely been in it so far although that might change. 

I'll probably keep watching because I like the period but yeah, I don't think you're missing anything if you're not watching. The show is better when it doesn't feel beholden to cliches. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 3 weeks later...

OK @Chocolate, I'm here to pick your brain. I kind of lost my patience because some parts I find it too draggy.

Who do you think drank the Najin worm? I thought it is Myeongja since she is the only one who turned. And she must be a descendant of Najin because she didn't die like how the others do.

And the epilogue, is Park Seo Joon still playing Jang Tae Sang? Or he is playing the son of Myeongja, who inherited the Najin worm?

I was hoping Jang Tae Sang is the infected ones, then they can continue the romance in S2. But Tae Sang was never experimented on, and he never had signs of infection, so why would the modern version of him has a scar on the back of his neck?

• Like 1

@mademoiselle

Spoiler

Myeongja drank that cup of water. So she has the worm. But because she was not injected with additional serum, she did not become the monster like Seishin, or die like the others. She kept her form, but started attacking people to eat their brain.

Oh, I never thought of PSJ playing the son of Myeongja 😨 But I think likely not - the age is not right. Considering he looks like Tae Sang, maybe his grandchild? But Han So Hee's character is her old self from S1, so maybe she found a way to master the worm (maybe she and her mum's genes have some connection to the Najin), survive and not age! But if she and the new PSJ character have a romantic line, then he better be a new character because otherwise, feels quite incestuous haha.

No idea about the scar.

The problem with GC is there is too much talking sometimes. When it is a critical time and their lives are at stake, they start talking about their feelings for each other and bickering! 🙄 I'm like, go go go!

On 10/12/2022 at 9:52 AM, Tofu said:

I know! But I was telling @abs-oluteM that I do appreciate him challenging himself with all these supporting roles. It allows him to show people how big his acting range is/can be.

Hahaha, not here. He shouldn't have taken this role. It was very minor.

Spoiler

Plus he was an independence fighter but turned traitor when scared. So not likeable too.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:03 PM, Tofu said:

This is about as close as @Chocolate is going to get to watching Duel. Hahaha!

Hahaha, you're right! In my defence, I did try for Duel - the problem is it is only available on the dark site and picture is not sharp. I will try it again once I can get chromecast or the smarttv to show this properly, ahem.

On 11/19/2023 at 1:38 PM, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM Apparently, the first part will have 10 episodes and the second part will have 3 episodes. It makes no sense to me why it's split up this way. If the second part only has three episodes, they should just release it with the first part. Who knows, maybe when we get closer to the airing date, the way the episodes are split up might change. 

It's really strange. It was 7 ep. Then we had to wait for the last 3 ep. There's a S2 coming this year.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 2

@Chocolate

Spoiler

I think once you are infected, you're supposed to also become immortal. So that can explain why modern Seo Joon's (his name is Hoo Jae) appearance hasn't changed if he's born in the 40s.

I don't want him to be PSJ's grandchild, because it'd be weird for us viewers.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

The problem with GC is there is too much talking sometimes. When it is a critical time and their lives are at stake, they start talking about their feelings for each other and bickering! 🙄 I'm like, go go go!

Tell me about it! I lost patient at the part where Tae Sang tells everyone they only have 10 mins to get on the truck. But the part where they have to stall time and then that boy got shot and died already took up 15 mins of screen time!

And then there's the part where the monster easily kills every other person with her tentacles rather than chasing or attack with her hands, but when it confronts Tae Sang, Chae Ok and her husband, no tentacles used. And I'm forced to watch them get a chance to shoot at the monster, and she'd fall and slow down. Honestly!!

So yeah, I lost my patience at E8. :laugh:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha, you're right! In my defence, I did try for Duel - the problem is it is only available on the dark site and picture is not sharp. I will try it again once I can get chromecast or the smarttv to show this properly, ahem.

Sadness. I just checked, why they only have 720p online? :pandasadspoon: Duel was so underrated that not many people knew about it too. The DVD production also fell through.

• Haha 1