wink_

Fld-UITDa-MAA7zs6.jpg

'Payback' - In the teaser images, main cast has to take on a casual, adapt visual by facing against a natural backdrop.

Fld-UG-Xac-AM7hl-R.jpg

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Fld-UK-ba-UAADg-HY.jpg

3 hours ago, peperomia said:

@twink_twink_ Thanks for sharing the stills and teasers! It looks engaging and exciting so I am looking forward to this one. I wasn't able to find out if any platform has picked it up yet, but hopefully, there will be subs available.

*bowed head* hai @peperomia  ,  you've been great.. all right.. :pandahappy:  thank you for dropping by. looking forward to reading your thoughts.  :smile:

• Like 5
  • Party! 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Xports News

Content Writing Reporter Lee Na Young

0001542395-001-20230104095601403.jpg

Photo=Root B

Actor Kim Jae Rok joins SBS's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback'.

On the 4th, the agency Root B Company said, "Actor Kim Jae Rok will make his first move this year with the drama 'Payback'. He took on the role of doctor who resists the evil that oppresses the weak with 'Zhyeon'.

• Like 7

The main cast and producers of the series 'Payback' held an online press conference on Friday Jan. 6 to describe the series.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7

Written by Reporter Cha Hye Young, Ten Asia.

0000589850-001-20230106115003337.jpg

(Photo = J-Full Entertainment)

Actress Kim Hye Hwa appears in 'Payback' and launches a fascinating presence. SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback' is an exhilarating revenge between 'money merchant' Eun Yong and 'legal engineer' Joon Kyung fighting against the cartel of 'law' and 'zhen'.

In this regard, actress Kim Hye Hwa is focusing her attention by announcing her sortie as Eun Yong's (Lee Sun Kyun) partner Hong Hanna through 'Payback'.

'click'

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 7

optimize.jpg

Highlights From 'Payback' Press Conference

30000816636-500.jpg

optimize-1.jpg

Spoiler

30000816650-500.jpg

30000816639-500.jpg

Spoiler

30000816629-500.jpg

30000816641-500.jpg

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5
  • Party! 2

let's tune in to a new drama series on SBS, “Payback” follows a teaser trailer.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6
  • Party! 1

photo1608232.webp

Written By Yonhap News

Fl2-T-K6a-EAI70-L3.jpg

The first episode of SBS Friday-Saturday drama, “Payback,” starring veteran actor Lee Sun Kyun, has kicked off with a viewing rate of 8.7%, according to data released from Nielson Korea.

In its first episode, which was aired at 10 P.M.

Friday, Eun Yong, played by Lee Sun Kyun, first appeared as a boy who does not hesitate to infringe the law as long as it would increase his fortune. Eun Yong was released from the juvenile detention center, meets Myung In Jo – acted out by Kim Hong Pa who is the “big hand” of the Myeong Dong loan market. He eventually ends up making a fortune in the loan business as the henchman of Chairman Myung.

However, his dream was too big to be satisfied – Eun Yong eventually leaves for Mongolia to scratch up even more money. Then, he decides to return home after 10 years as he hears the news from his hometown.

Meanwhile, Prosecutor Jang played by Kang Yoo Seok who is also Eun Yong’s nephew, begins to dig into a series of stock price manipulation cases involving Chairman Myung and other big names. On the other side, Major Park played by Moon Chae Won who was in a bad relationship with Chairman Myung, also gears up to start her own revenge.

The new drama, which will be unraveling their revenge story against the top predators of capitalism, is adding suspense by hinting that Eun Yong and Major Park used to be 'homies', piquing the curiosity of viewers on whether the two will team up for their revenge.

https://twitter.com/korea_odyssey/status/1611606960218202114

• Like 6
  • Party! 1

The drama opens with Lee Sun Kyun riding a horse across the plains of Mongolia, buying land.

largephoto1608777.jpg

Lee Sun Kyun plays Eun Yong, who was in juvenile detention for theft. Upon discharge, he was approached by a gangster and tried not to join. But he loves his nephew, who loves to read. For his family, he wanted to make a lot of money, so he joined the gang. Eun Yong has a photographic memory/flair for numbers. He did well and was promoted by the gang boss, Myung.

largephoto1608754.jpg

Sun Kyun bought his family an apartment and helped his sister to bring up his nephew. They have a close relationship. When his nephew, Tae Chun, was in high school, Sun Kyun told him he will be going away for a long time.

img.gif

https://twitter.com/9meong_meong4/status/1612028645807394817?s=20&t=EhJngGGhnRbSsugG8iNqPA

Tae Chun has graduated from University and is now a prosecutor. He was given a tip of a stock manipulation scheme. This involves Myung and his son-in-law, the Chief Prosecutor Hwang, played by Park Hoon, and has the usual political maneuverings. Naturally, Tae Chun meets obstacles while pursuing the case.

largephoto1608750.jpg

It turns out that the person who gave Tae Chun the tip is Park Jun Kyeong, played by Moon Chae Won. She is a Major, an army lawyer. She thinks her mother was killed by Myung's group and wants revenge.

Eun Yong knows Jun Kyeong and her mother from his teen times and they are like family. When Eun Yong wanted to leave the gang, Myung threatened him. In return for Myung's promise not to harm his family, he agreed to leave Korea. And that is how he ended up in Mongolia for 10 years. Sadly, it was during this time that Jun Kyeong contacted Eun Yong to help her mother but he did not receive the email. When he found out that her mother had died in a "suicide", he immediately returned to Korea because she was family.

largephoto1608742.jpg

Eun Yong is now a very rich man and well equipped to go after Myung and Chief Prosecutor Hwang. He saved and invested while in the gang. And he grew his wealth while he was in exile. So suave!

Re1dPfP.gif

Edited by Chocolate
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1
13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Just caught episode 1. Not bad!

It’s on Amazon Prime.

*waving hands* hai @Chocolate , wow .. Choco . :pandahappy:  same here.  

photo1608775.jpg

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Party! 6

@Chocolate @twink_twink_ I'm so stoked this show is on Prime Video!:eeeee:

So far, I've caught the first episode and let's say I'm hooked already. I like how the characters, both the good and bad, are somehow connected to one another, which should make the revenge story all the more interesting.

I find Eun Yong and Tae Chun's uncle/nephew relationship super endearing. I love how tenacious Tae Chun is as a prosecutor. (He reminds me a bit of Shi Mok from Forest of Secrets. Passionate and always digging deep into the cases.)

So, Eun Yong is very close to Moon Chae Won's character too and their quest for revenge seems to be related to her mom's death. I'm looking forward to knowing their backstory. The flashbacks were a little difficult to follow at first, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Will try to catch episode 2 tonight.

• Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

Payback-teaser1.jpg

7 hours ago, peperomia said:

@Chocolate @twink_twink_ I'm so stoked this show is on Prime Video!

So far, I've caught the first episode and let's say I'm hooked already. I like how the characters, both the good and bad, are somehow connected to one another, which should make the revenge story all the more interesting.

I find Eun Yong and Tae Chun's uncle/nephew relationship super endearing. I love how tenacious Tae Chun is as a prosecutor. (He reminds me a bit of Shi Mok from Forest of Secrets. Passionate and always digging deep into the cases.)

So, Eun Yong is very close to Moon Chae Won's character too and their quest for revenge seems to be related to her mom's death. I'm looking forward to knowing their backstory. The flashbacks were a little difficult to follow at first, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Will try to catch episode 2 tonight.

@peperomia , @Chocolate .. , this feels good. yes. I believe it does.  :SquirtleWonderfull:  Yong and the schoolgirl that girl happens to be Joon Kyung (a girl with umbrella) , the pair work together to fight off the goons and all the gangsters are arrested. it’s the perfect response. :pandapopcorn:

• Like 1
  • Party! 6

17 hours ago, twink_twink_ said:

peperomia , @Chocolate .. , this feels good. yes. I believe it does.  :SquirtleWonderfull:  Yong and the schoolgirl that girl happens to be Joon Kyung (a girl with umbrella) , the pair work together to fight off the goons and all the gangsters are arrested. it’s the perfect response. :pandapopcorn:

Yes! This flashback of how they first met on the bus was funny and in a way, a bit of foreshadowing. As adults now, Joon Kyung is fighting back against the big baddies and Eun Yong is joining beside her once again. The umbrella scene of them reuniting in the rain was nice!

I typically like mystery as part of a story, but this one appears it'll be straightforward. For example, although Joon Kyung's mother's death was ruled as a suicide, it has to be murder. Joon Kyung and Eun Yong seem sure that it was.

Tae Chun aspires to join the Special Investigations Team. I just hope he doesn't fall for any of Chief Hwang's traps.

• Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

photo1608757.jpg

4 hours ago, peperomia said:

Yes! This flashback of how they first met on the bus was funny and in a way, a bit of foreshadowing. As adults now, Joon Kyung is fighting back against the big baddies and Eun Yong is joining beside her once again. The umbrella scene of them reuniting in the rain was nice!

I typically like mystery as part of a story, but this one appears it'll be straightforward. For example, although Joon Kyung's mother's death was ruled as a suicide, it has to be murder. Joon Kyung and Eun Yong seem sure that it was.

Tae Chun aspires to join the Special Investigations Team. I just hope he doesn't fall for any of Chief Hwang's traps.

@peperomia .. yeah, that's right - it's murder. however, the way to vengeance is never easy. :pandapopcorn:

• Like 6

57f74009991add99bdb38072d54c60b6d892f7eb

connect and link to video highlights, interviews and more with 'Payback.'

Spoiler

Fm-ADrbqa-UAEhbmv.jpg

Fm-Lvny3ac-AEKp1i.jpg

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6