wink_

Fo-Hn-ixa-MAEho-P0.jpg

'Payback', made the final blow without making a big plan fails miserably | teaser trailer • video footage

source:

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

star news

Reporter Lee Kyung Ho

0003126359-001-20230204160901207.jpg

Actor Won Hyun Joon left a strong impression in 'Payback'.

Won Hyun Joon plays Lee Jinho, an old friend of Eun Yong (played by Lee Sun Kyun), who is called a 'money dealer' in the SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback', and infused tension into the play every time. Even though it seems to harm Eun Yong and Joon Kyung (played by Moon Chae Won) under Chairman Myung (played by Kim Hong Pa), he is always on the side of Eun Yong and rescues him from danger at the moment of desperation, winning the hearts of viewers. He delicately expressed this process with shaking eyes in contrast to the dry facial expression, conveying Lee Jinho's friendship towards Eun Yong in powerful way.

Won Hyun Joon performed a creepy method acting by portraying Lee Jinho character with feelings of anger and betrayal when he found out that drugs were poisoned and immediately conveyed Lee Jinho's beleaguered situation a twisted laugh, soon convulsed and screamed as if he had lost his mind. In the ninth episode that followed, in the scene where he went to find the gang members for Eun Yong himself, he perfectly digested even the rough action acting with his heartless but kind eyes, and showed a luxury performance with perfect triplex, including his deep emotions and the chemistry of the friendship narrative.

Actor Won Hyun Joon, who was perfectly imprinted on viewers by playing the role of 'Andrei' in tvN's 'Bad and Crazy', tried a bold hair transformation through SBS 'Payback', embodying Lee Jinho, who seemed rough but was cold inside with outstanding performance and the resolution was flawless. He played an active role as a different villain.

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

news-p-v1-20230203-afad1a0bf95246dd944d0

'Payback' OST No 5 song title "In Place", it's beautifully sang by A+B, a female duo made up of (Able and by me)

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

Fo-Hw-Zqsag-AAlm38.jpg

protect their beliefs, attack each other densely 'Payback' • cast of characters standing at a podium during the presentation - scene - recap images

source:

• Like 4

photo1619799.jpg

'Payback' , will truth and justice win in the end? • Character teaser images

source:

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

Content Writing Reporter Park Ah Reum

202302060853221910-2.jpg

202302060853221910-3.jpg

202302060853221910-4.jpg

(Photo = Captured from SBS' 'Payback')

Spoiler

202302060853221910-5.jpg

Actress Kim Hye Hwa in a heavy revenge despite as an indispensable hidden key.

Kim Hye Hwa is the representative of private equity fund 'Change Investment Partners', a former Washington lobbyist, in the SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback' (scriptwritten Kim Won Seok/director Lee Won Tae/production Red Nine Pictures), her acting passionately as Hong Han Na, who is called Hong Madang as her personal connections in the political and business world. Hong Han Na is a key role in putting a booster on the straight line of 'our side' with a cool personality of doing everything she had to say as well as handling things thoroughly.

Hong Han Na deals with people personally and professionally through her sharp advice, strong support and protection which are receiving favorable reviews for her partner performance, Eun Yong (played by Lee Sun Kyun) again focused on reviving Park Joon Kyung's (played by Moon Chae Won) mother company, Blue Net, who is hell-bent on avenging her mother’s death. She was concerned, "Are the remaining money be spent on reviving a bankrupt company?" Hong Han Na said, "You are a sprinter, why are you suddenly trying to run a marathon?" However, in the end, she helps Park Joon Kyung and Eun Yong to secretly hired a practical officer and she plays a decisive role in enlisting Lee Soo Dong (played by Kwon Hyuk), a key figure in the Bau Fund scandal, and eventually holding a press conference, giving viewers a sense of excitement. It is also evaluated that she doubles the charm of her work by serving as a vital force that evokes the heavy and serious atmosphere of the play with her light dialogue.

source:

https://m.newsen.com/

• Like 4

'Payback' , the struggle of humans with the urge for revenge told through gripping law enforcement |  video highlight ~ preview stills

Spoiler

• Like 5

3e21f6d2d57be5a15cefd8cf7ed3ecfcc23c9d16

[primevideo]

an act of retaliation, between legal battle and 'Payback' the fight for justice • character teaser • images cut

Spoiler

• Like 5

yna1065624913964089-131.jpg

Photo= Courtesy of SBS

The tolerance of expression to pay for advancing the truths essential for freedom and justice win in battle ~ 'Payback' - Video footage - Images.

Spoiler

Fot-Cnr-Zak-AALk-L0.jpg

https://www.primevideo.com/detail/Payback-Money-and Power/0SX5FDIVD4R0PUYFKMHO2JWQ77

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

the time has come to accept reality of last show. an unpredictable ending in 'Payback' has finally come to an end. the cast of SBS's 'Payback' bid farewell to their drama.

Fos5-J5-Ia-QAAtms-G.jpg

119-A2929-ps-lg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Content Writing Ten Asia Reporter Kim Ji Won

BF-32551471-1.jpg

Actor Kang Yoo Seok revealed that he was thrilled with Lee Sun kyun's tsundere side through 'Payback'.

The recently ended SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback' is an exhilarating revenge drama between 'money dealer' Eun Yong (Lee Sun Kyun) and 'legal engineer' Park Joon Kyung (Moon Chae Won) who fight against the 'law' and 'money' cartel. Kang Yoo Seok takes on the role of Jang Tae Choon, a prosecutor in the detective department and Eun Yong's nephew.

Regarding his impressions of working with A-list actor Lee Sun Kyun, Kang Yoo Seok said, "I'm an actor I've seen in dramas and movies since I was young, and he's also a school senior and a senior I respected, I was nervous to meet him for the first time through this work." He continued, "I met him for the first time at the script reading site and he was easy-going." Then he said, "I thought you would be indifferent, but like a tsundere, he took care of me from behind and gave me advice on acting. On some days, he said, 'I like you?' They complimented me with the same feeling, but I was heartbroken several times.” Regarding Moon Chae Won, he said, "She took care of me as if he were a cute youngest brother. When she saw me, she said, 'Are you hungry?' She went to the car and brought me snacks." Then, he thanked her, saying, "On days when there was a scene where we were together, they praised me as 'Woojjujju', so I filmed with senior Chae Won like an older sister as her younger brother." This is Kang Yoo Seok's first lead role in a terrestrial drama. He confessed, "It's an honor to work with proven seniors, on the other hand, I felt pressure because I thought I had to do well. " Following the seniors took care of me, petted me as the maknae and joked with me during break time. As we filmed while matching our lines, at some point the burden disappeared.”

Kang Yoo Seok was also criticized by viewers for being the only character that breaks immersion in 'Payback'. He said, “The seniors are so good at acting and their immersion and depth are much deeper than mine. I think I should do it. I feel happy on set film. They give me advice and practical solutions when I need emotional support and someone to listen and understand." he said, accepting criticism calmly.

BF-32551470-1-1.jpg

202302121055101910-1.jpg

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/journalist-series

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

On the whole, I enjoyed the drama. Though it's a 6/10. Just need to manage your expectations.

Plot was more exciting at the middle. The ending is a little disappointing.

Spoiler

How can Hwang Gi Seok just say a few words to acknowledge his "mistakes" as "penance" and stay on as a prosecutor? It also does not make sense that both Chairman Myung and Prosecutor Lee confessed (???) to their role in the murder of CEO Oh and this was used to trap Hwang Gi Seok.

I would say this supporting actor was the standout. Though there was not much screen time together, his friendship with Eun Yong far surpassed Eun Yong's relationship with MCW. The simple scene where he deduced that MCW was "Seoul Law School", Eun Yong's loved "family" member was touching. Lee Sun Kyun's acting with him is also better, more real.

Payback

Park Hoon also does well in another villian role. (My friend asked, how can this guy ever play a romantic role 😂). I liked the ending scene with Chairman Myung when they were both lamenting each other's faults/cause of their downfall.

Payback

And @mademoiselle is right! Apart from One Ordinary Day where I thought he was a kindly detective, since then, I've only seen this actor in bad guy roles 😆. He's convincing in both types of roles.

Payback

@ktcjdrama So what do you think of him? Apart from the bad hairstyle, I think madem's crop of young oppas are better skilled haha.

Payback

Lastly, Lee Sun Kyun looked suave at certain moments, but I think did not carry this role that well. Some parts where he tried to act the "flamboyant" powerful guy fell flat and even cringy. Perhaps he is better suited to melancholic roles like in My Mister. I really like this actor though. And finished Diary of a Prosecutor recently!

Also glad they did not try to make a romance between these two!

rpyc6q1uzpqLbeojyH4nD-o.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@ktcjdrama So what do you think of him? Apart from the bad hairstyle, I think madem's crop of young oppas are better skilled haha.

Hahaha... I approve though. I am behind with this drama. It's harder to pick it up because I need the right mood so as not to fall asleep. Been rather tired these days that I caught up with the light ones first. But this boy is definitely one of the main reasons why I still plan on finishing this drama. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Content Writing Lee Ho Young

0000180159-001-20230211121401451.jpg

photo credit: Alien Company

Actor Park Jung Pyo revealed a special feeling ahead of the final episode of 'Payback'. The SBS Friday-Saturday drama 'Payback' (played by Kim Won Seok, directed by Lee Won Tae's exhilarating revenge drama. Park Jeong Pyo played the role of Lee Yeong Jin, the chief prosecutor of the special department and the right-hand man of Hwang Ki Seok (Park Hoon), often working for evil purposes to destroy a heroic protagonist who plays with rhythmic character variations and showing outstanding performance throughout the broadcast.

Park Jung Pyo's presence in 'Payback' was considerable. He showed through work ability by following Hwang Ki Seok (Park Hoon) like a shadow to the extent that he was called the 'second chief Hwang' and captured attention from his first appearance, completing Lee Young Jin's cold atmosphere with sharp eyes and restrained dialogue. In addition, the cruel aspect of helping Park Hoon, who used his position and power to commit all sorts of evils and ruthlessly removing obstacles, caused tension in viewers and increased his immersion. Park Jung Pyo added interest to the home theater with a reversal of his relationship so far. Unlike Kwang Ki Seok's helper, he showed his dark ambitions that he had been hiding as soon as he was accused of being an accomplice in 'Bau Fund' incident and kicked out of the deputy chief prosecutor's post. In particular, in the last broadcast, in order to catch Eun Yong and Hwang Ki Seok, he held hands with Chairman Myung to devise a scheme, but it was portrayed that he faced a backlash, raising questions about the ending.

Park Jung Pyo succeeded in imprinting his presence by playing a key role in raising the tension of the drama, said, "It was an unforgettable memory and the best team. I was happy and honored to be able to row together on the side of this team. I miss you even more. Waiting for the day we will meet again, I will act again somewhere. The director, great actors and all the talented and kind-hearted production crew will be blessed. It was Prosecutor Lee Young Jin. "

On the other hand, Park Jung Pyo received public attention by showing impressive acting in various works regardless of genre, from 'Indulgence' to 'Hell', 'Twenty Five Twenty One', and 'If You Say Your Wish.' His next project is coming from JTBC's new drama 'Divorce Attorney Shin', which is scheduled to be broadcast on March, 4.

http://enews.imbc.com/

• Like 3

:hearties:

Memorable title track of all time, Glad You Are Here by Singer Oh Hyun Woo – Payback: 'Money and Power' OST No 6

payback-ost-part-6.jpg

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2