Divorce Attorney Shin 신성한 이혼 [2023]

wink_

29-MVDU2-M3-O-1.jpg

Director Lee Jae Hoon, actors Jo Seung Woo, Han Hye Jin, Kim Seong Kyun and Jung Moon Sung attended the presscon of JTBC's new Sat-Sun drama “Divorce Attorney Shin.” 

yna1065624913982898-678.jpg

yna1065624913982898-703.jpg

/ Photo = Provided by JTBC

Spoiler

yna1065624913982898-508.jpg

• Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

l0006664131-001-20230305053101440.jpg

“Divorce Attorney Shin”  the drama has many close-up shots to convey each character's deep emotion to the viewers ~ highlights video • teaser images.

• Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Watched the first episode of this drama, and I think I may be hooked. Jo Seung Woo plays his Attorney Shin with a bit of quirk to him. His characterization vaguely reminds me a bit of his character in 'God's Gift' though the ending of that drama still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I also loved Kim Sung Kyun playing his office manager and Jung Moon Sung who is playing a character who seems to be a bit of a wheeler dealer real estate agent. The three men who happen to be school friends are as much frenemies as friends, and they are a lot of fun to watch.

The whole drama has a quirkiness which made the first episode fun, though there are hints that darker days may be ahead. For one thing, the first episode didn't really go into why Attorney Shin changed careers from a pianist to a lawyer who only takes on divorce cases. And, divorce is of itself such a messy, unhappy thing.

The only thing that I perhaps didn't really like about the first episode is the way Attorney Shin wins his motions/cases by somehow finding irrefutable evidence which he then presents in order to win for his clients. While it's presented that Attorney Shin is a quirky genius who thoroughly prepares for his cases, there is also a bit of American detective tv series where the evidence is just oh so magically pulled out of Attorney Shin's literal bag.

Still, that's a minor quibble versus how well this drama handled the first episode. Han Hye Jin is also beautiful and wonderful as she has been in so many roles. She plays a woman who is getting divorced from an abusive, controlling husband after being caught in a sex tape scandal perpetuated by a man she has an extramarital affair with. All she wants from the divorce is custody of her son so that he's not subject to the same abuse that she endured. The husband is a real piece of work, and it's hinted at that he showed his son the sex tape of his mother in order to show what a disgusting slut his mother is, not to mention that she was too busy doing that to go to her son when he was in the hospital.

So, hope the rest of the drama is as engaging and interesting as the first episode. I'm not sure if Han Hye Jin will continue to be in the drama once her case is over, but I'm really looking forward to the bromance of the three men.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@stroppyse I was on the fence about this one but having read what you said , I’ll give it a try . I like CSW & Jung MS. 

If you have the time, you should definitely give this drama try. I was really happy watching the first episode. Now I'm waiting for Netflix to drop the 2nd episode since I want to know what happens to HHJ's custody battle.

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

The second episode wasn't as quirky funny as the first episode, but it was still really satisfying in moving the drama along, though the slip drip of set up information is going to be a bit of a slow torture.

So, our attorney Shin Sung Han used to be a pianist who lived and worked in Germany as a pianist and a professor. [redacted] Anyway, still a lot of mystery to be revealed. What would make a man who seems to love piano that much to quit all of that, quit even listening to it, and go back to Korea to become a lawyer who only handles divorce cases?

The bromance of the three friends continues to roll. The scene where they're talking about music is hilarious, as Sung Han and his office manager Jang Hyung Gun reminisce about the pop music of their youth and continue to ignore the real estate friend Jo Jeong Sik, until he finally reveals that he's brought his own bluetooth microphone with him to pair with SH's speakers. :lmao2:

As expected, the divorce cases are rather sad, and the background story may ultimately be sad as well, but this drama also handles it with a "life goes on" attitude which also brings humor, warmth, and confusion to the episodes.

Han Hye Ji may be an ongoing part of this drama, going by the preview for episode 3. She's finding it hard to find a job after her divorce and sex tape scandal, so she may start working at the law firm as a general worker and fixer upper. She has a scene where she muses why SH doesn't fix his broken office door with the money he makes by winning his cases. This also highlights another mystery of where the money he makes as an attorney is going, though his apartment seems pretty nice rather than a squalid 1 room that they keep referring to.

Anyway, I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this drama, especially given the subject matter. I'm looking forward to watching the next episodes.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I have opinions of Sung Han :pandabonk: he likes listening to music while driving. he's almost there for his clients. he looks good and he knows it. that smirk from him in the first to two episodes was such a satisfying moment. 😉l've seen Seo Jin has already rocking an elegant and gorgeous look in her daily and all she wants is custody of her son, I would say the client who starts to get involved with. sometimes, I think the plot of a story is already looking complicated, yet interesting. I have to admit that divorces are messy and I prefer that they presented both of them with faults. in episode two,  has a nice balance of heavy family matters personal griefs, supportive friends and random fun moments. the friendship between three best friends Sung Han, Hyung Geun and Jung Sik are remarkable with agreeable, open and conscientious personalities more commonly report friendship chemistry. I think their stories have been interwoven from their middle school days all the way until now. they probably won't be adding romance to this drama. but it's okay. 😉 I'm still not used too seeing "oppa" Cho Seung Woo talks like this after 'Stranger'. :pandablind: but he's a great actor, I'm not going to miss his drama for sure. I felt an urge to muster up the courage to take on the challenge (of watching him) 😉

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

p1065575638071388-781-thum.jpg

[JTBC]

the story of those who stand in the middle of the rough road of life called 'divorce' ~ footage of “Divorce Attorney Shin” |  published images

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@stroppyse @twink_twink_ I caught the 1st episode and this show is a keeper. It’s the magic of Cho Seung Woo :laugh: - the plot looks promising ( though I know it will be very sad given it’s all about divorce cases ) and CSW looks llke he’s having much fun playing this role.

Love the bromance. I laugh so hard at them dividing the kimchi!

Anyway I don’t think the kid should stay on with the father . The man is sick in the head & manipulative.  I agree with them going to trial 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

AAAABcgv3-Zn-ZRb-AZEPYp-YJGn-UWNJsyi-TFk

@abs-oluteM me too, absM.. it seems men are “happier with their bromance” than their romance. 😉 Sung Han, handsome guy gets happy with smile. I know this sounds hesitation to say but I'm assuming there is going to be multiple stories of cases he works through right? that was some nice acting by the kid, who played the son, eventually, he tore me up. :pandawhat: the second episode was a little laid back but we got to know more about Sung Han and his traumatic past. 😅

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

jtbc-divorceattorneyshin-tt-6.jpg

“Divorce Attorney Shin” different from their usual relaxed attitude • video footage • scenes cut

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

divorce-attorney-shin-ep2-6-1068x528.web

the complex character, who is a victim of domestic violence and is going through a “Divorce Attorney Shin ~ highlights video

• Like 5

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It’s the magic of Cho Seung Woo 

Definitely!

18 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Love the bromance. I laugh so hard at them dividing the kimchi!

Yes! I loved how they argued over 3 smaller heads versus 2 bigger heads of cabbage, not to mention the sizes of their respective kimchee containers and even arguing over who should get more of the pickling juice. :lmao2:

11 hours ago, twink_twink_ said:

I know this sounds hesitation to say but I'm assuming there is going to be multiple stories of cases he works through right?

It seems as if there may be a divorce case that lasts over one or two episodes for the week, as well as there being personal interactions and issues that form longer arcs.

I find the divorces incredibly sad even if I agree that the couple should divorce. I am really curious about HS' own marriage and circumstances though.

11 hours ago, twink_twink_ said:

that was some nice acting by the kid, who played the son, eventually, he tore me up.

Definitely. He pretty much brought me to tears.

I'm always impressed by the child actors in these dramas. They just seem so mature in terms of their acting and ability to emote, despite their youth.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@stroppyse @twink_twink_ I am done with episode 2 as well , and it does have a more somber slower pace compared to the 1st episode.

I am glad that Lee Seo Jin's case didn't drag on unnecessarily and that she had custody of her son. While having an affair is wrong, I think everyone makes mistakes and deserves to get a second chance if they are truly repentant. It was clear the child is hurting but he loves his mother. It was also clear the father is terribly vindictive and has this cruel streak in him that would make him very unsuitable to parent the child alone. So I am glad that our lawyer Shin here was very sharp and caught how the son was really feeling. 

Am confused ...was Shin married? I thought it was the office manager Jang who was married and still hasn't finalised his divorce. The bits and pieces shown here and there doesn't tell us very much about why Shin stopped being a pianist and turned to divorce law instead. But he seems to have some "enemies". There was also a flashback scene of what looks like an accident. Something very tragic must have happened to him.

Despite the more toned down mood in episode 2, it still had some amusing moments. I guess I know why they had musical actors like CSW and Jung Mung Sung take on these roles - they seem to be breaking into a song every opportunity they get :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues:  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

202303051337210562.jpg

[Image source:JTBC]

On 3/7/2023 at 7:32 AM, stroppyse said:

I find the divorces incredibly sad even if I agree that the couple should divorce. I am really curious about HS' own marriage and circumstances though.

Definitely. He pretty much brought me to tears.

I'm always impressed by the child actors in these dramas. They just seem so mature in terms of their acting and ability to emote, despite their youth.

@stroppyse me too. I feel pity for the protagonist who, despite her communicated flaws from the fact she did have an affair which caused her to neglect her son, was utterly suffocated by Hui Seob. 😅 she'll be there for Hyeon U, a child deserving of a better life than he is made to stay with Hui Seob. the FL's little kid is cute in a realistically surly way (child actor is very talented) and the building manager, cleaning lady's story that started in episode 2 is very raw and affecting. 

On 3/7/2023 at 2:06 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Am confused ...was Shin married? I thought it was the office manager Jang who was married and still hasn't finalised his divorce. 

Despite the more toned down mood in episode 2, it still had some amusing moments. I guess I know why they had musical actors like CSW and Jung Mung Sung take on these roles - they seem to be breaking into a song every opportunity they get 

@abs-oluteM ..absM , I think there're lines from Hyung Geun Office Chief, he mentioned Sung Han "it's not like you've ever been married" when they're waiting for Seo Jin in episode 1. I guess from the hyperbolic trot singalongs to drinking soju out of upmarket wine glasses to the cluttered office, there's a consistent sense of engaging uniqueness given to the titular character, depicted with keen range. "oppa" wholly encompasses the role of Sung Han and does all he can to make himself stand out. what is the genre of music he seems to enjoy? it is like old-timey music? I think, it's trot 😉

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Am confused ...was Shin married?

Office Manager HG apparently is married, but not divorced yet as @twink_twink_pointed out. I think I misunderstood a scene of a conversation with HG and HS that HS had also been married, but I went back to watch the scene more closely, and I think I was wrong that HS was married. Something bad did happen to HS and there are people looking for him, but I don't think that's his wife. I went back to edit my comments so as not to confuse any lurkers on the thread. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

dummy.jpg

ab67616d0000b2731a41451c5239e898f489380b

track list of singer-songwriter Ha Hyun Woo of Guckkasten – Be Back  , “Divorce Attorney Shin” OST No 1. Ha Hyun Woo’s strong vocals can be heard crisp and it’s truly magical. it sounds like a breeze is blowing in my ear.

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

f133ecf0-b9b3-11ed-8b76-1f9a788927a7-120

footage of “Divorce Attorney Shin has been well
prepared to wage a messy battle on behalf of his client.

Spoiler

• Like 4

Divorce-Attorney-Shin-ep03trailer.jpg

“Divorce Attorney Shin” highlights many of today's pressing social issues, including explicit videos, domestic violence and extramarital affairs.

source: 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

seung-woo-divorce-attorney-shin-d9eb4eb.

@netflixkr

Netflix has revealed an official clip and footage of JTBC resurfaced within “Divorce Attorney Shin” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

actors interacted off camera within their rhythm spotted on the set of “Divorce Attorney Shin

Spoiler

Edited by wink_
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1