The Matchmakers 혼례대첩 [2023]

Episode 5 is all about helping the sisters meet their partners at the temple; however, in the process of it all, Soon Deuk's heart has started to flutter for Jung Woo. I like that their interactions deepened in this episode. Soon Deuk has been in disguise for the last 4 episodes, whereas starting from this episode, her other side is revealed to Jung Woo. I look forward to tonight's episode since it ended at the cliffhanger where Jung Woo will meet Soon Deuk at her house. Will he...? Or Soon Deuk manage to dodge him? I do wish he will find out. That way he can find all the excuses to meet/see her and start thinking how they can be together against the tradition/law/culture.

Soon Deuk and Jung Woo appear to match well. What Jung Woo lacks, Soon Deuk is able to cover for his shortcomings and vice versa. Together, they will also make a good partnership.

Glad that the pairing of Ye Jin with Yoon Boo Gyeom is more plausible now that we know he is also from a noble background. It would have been impossible for her to marry him if he's a commoner. He seems smart as well. The eldest sister's romance is still up in the air, but I'm wondering if it would be one of the more normal men—especially the one that was holding a ladle for some reason, LOL!

And eugh towards the Left State Councillor and his wife, but I'm actually looking forward to them plotting the idea of harming Jung Woo. Yep, I want to see Rowoon do injury/hurt. Haha.

P.S. Love the flute playing scene.

Episode 6

Dang it! Jung Woo did not find out Soon Deok is that little boy's mum (although not biological). But, he likes the boy and has a good impression of her through the boy. Must say, they found a cute child actor. He's adorable.

It is worrisome Soon Deok is already exposed herself to the Mother-in-law and servant for going out.

The introduction of the King is quite funny. The actor playing the King has been in so many dramas, and a trustworthy actor in both melo and comedy. He would make an interesting duo with Jung Woo in the story, too.

I'm liking that this drama is not going to be just about matchmaking, as it'll add solving a murder mystery. However, it seems like we already know who the murderer is. The preview seem to hint the Minister of Defence is the culprit again?!

It seems Jung Woo completed his research on the myth of Agent of Love, but he hasn't given Soon Deok the book because he's observing the way she works and verifying it against his findings. Except he didn't realise he's basically a couple detector, 100% accurate rate at that! LOL.

Gosh, Rowoon fainted so beautifully, I have rewatched a few times that fainting scene. Hahaha!

Screenshot-2023-11-16-212655.png

Spoiler

400695017-876211337189541-84940776100366
401451880-876211340522874-60371348496687
401606243-876211320522876-54990882804026
F-GPNcwbc-AAx-Y-L.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

His reasoning is that he can pretend it's not him or run away. But confession in a text means more personal. LOL!

Is it because he has experience pretending someone is not talking to him? :laugh: I thought he was an INFJ too. He has no empathy towards the person who confessed -- well, I think it's different depending on how close you are to the person. I think if it was someone I'm friends with, I would not be able to pretend. If it's a random stranger, that's no big deal at all. You can pretend all you want with a stranger. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

Is it because he has experience pretending someone is not talking to him? :laugh: I thought he was an INFJ too. He has no empathy towards the person who confessed -- well, I think it's different depending on how close you are to the person. I think if it was someone I'm friends with, I would not be able to pretend. If it's a random stranger, that's no big deal at all. You can pretend all you want with a stranger. 

He is INFJ. Wouldn't F has more empathy (feels) than T? Hahaha! But he contradicted himself in 2 questions. First he said he preferred someone with similar MBTI to him, but in another question, he said he would date a P. Unless he meant he chose I over E. The rest doesn't matter that much. 🤔 He did beg Hye Yoon to stop being so excited in Wheels 🤣

• Haha 1

Who knows, marrying the 3 daughters can be so difficult. Soon Deuk, who prides that she never fails in her matchmaking, has been making many wrong choices with these 3 ladies. However, I'm glad they finally confirmed one OTP in episode 10! The pairing between the youngest and Soon Deuk's brother is the most interesting anyway, and they were actually cute when he proposed to her! Aww.

As for the second daughter, man, this one is one big mess. Bachelor 24 and Left State Councillor's daughter are the one true pairing, but neither of them make a move. UGH. Dap dap hae. Meanwhile, I'm not so thrill that the one she's supposed to marry likes the Maeng's second daughter when he KNEW he's to be married. That's such a red flag for a future cheater.

The eldest daughter is the hardest to predict. I'm not even sure that Bachelor is the one for her, or the Show is really going to surprise us with her and the super underage Crown Prince...?! Her entanglement with the Crown Price worries me. I hope not, even though it is not shocking for younger men to take older women as their wives in olden days.

Turns out the mother of these girls was an Agent of Love before she became blind. She was the one who matched Soon Deuk with her deceased husband.

She asked Soon Deuk how she matches the couples, Soon Deuk said she does it by "deduction". Meanwhile, we have Jung Woo who may well be that Agent of Love for he was able to sense the love between the couple (through heart pain, LOL).

Episode 10 also reveals that Left State Councillor personally killed his own eldest son due to his homosexuality. I wonder if his wife knew. If she doesn't, will she disown him? I anticipate for this to come to light!

The most frustrating of it all, our main leads' romance is so slow burn and heading no where. Though I understand, for them to be together would be the most challenging, as they have the most obstacles to overcome. I genuinely hope the writer will not screw this up. They have both confirmed their feelings with one another, the next step is for Soon Deuk to come clean with her real identity.

@mademoiselle Aaaand… I’m finally all caught up! This murder mystery intrigue is getting too difficult to follow. All those names! Personal names, titles, borrowed names… my head is spinning…

Storyline is nevertheless intriguing. Can’t say much for the love line though. I don’t feel the slight bit of romantic tension between the leads… am I the only one who thinks this way?

• Clapping Hands 1