Evilive 악인전기[2023]

@40somethingahjumma I have watched all 6 episodes available & like it a lot . 

Comments of eps 5 & 6 in spoiler 

Spoiler

The change in Dong Soo is subtle but it’s clear that he’s “tasted blood” & likes it. I think  what scares his brother Beom Jae is that he’s seeing a very different side to DS. In the earlier parts , each time he did SDY’s bidding it was because he felt threatened by SDY. However by the end of eps 6 , he’s the one asking to join forces with SDY. Don’t blame him considering what his ex boss has done & how powerless DS feels.

While SDY is no doubt violent & has no qualms getting rid of those that betrayed him , he did keep his end of the bargain and let HS go when HS fulfilled his promise. SDY is shrewd & appreciates DS’s brilliance. What SDY did for HS at the mother’s funeral won HS over . 

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Eps 7 & 8

Spoiler

This feels like a point of no return for Han Dong Soo. While in earlier episodes , you could say that he was somewhat half-hearted in carrying SDY's errands and business, I think these recent episodes show that he craves the power and money too . He kept telling the bro, it will be one last job. Somehow due to the circumstances and in my opinion his personal choice,  HDS is getting deeper & deeper into this rabbit hole. Now that he's killed a man with his own bare hands, the ending of this is not gonna be pretty. 

There's a lot said about how clever HDS is, and that is true. He's very intelligent. But I think SDY is the truly shrewd and cunning one here. HDS changed strategy towards the later episodes to get SDY to join him. He switched from using force to appealing to his emotion but at the same time he made it clear to HDS that he (SDY) was still boss when HDS got ahead of himself. It was interesting to see SDY's expressions of "approval" as he saw HDS change. And the ending of episode 8 was pure genius on SDY's part. He didn't choose sides between Moon and HDS but let them fight it off. And with HDS dirtying his hands, there's no turning back and like he said they are real partners now. 

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

• 2 weeks later...

Finale

Hmm I am not sure how I feel about HDS not paying the price for the things he did but the drama certainly kept to its original synopsis where HDS's character transformed into an elite villain. He betrayed & outsmart SDY primarily because he wanted more. HDS didn't see the need of being SDY's lackey when he was the brain behind the online gambling success. Ironically, SDY was more a man of his word that HDS was. SDY always kept his end of the bargain where HDS was concerned , but I think there were many times HDS was not happy being beneath SDY. In that sense HDS was actually more cunning of the two. 

Despite gaining power and wealth, maybe HDS was punished since he lost everything else that was dear to him including his brother, BJ. His wife and niece too must have left him. 

Overall this was a pretty good show though it was so underrated. I think it had an interesting premise and particularly enjoyed watching the relationship dynamics between HDS and SDY. It goes without saying that Shin Ha Kyun was fantastic here but I must say he had a very good partner in Kim Young Kwang who held his own against someone of SHK's caliber.  

• Clapping Hands 2

21 hours ago, Chocolate said:

At ep 4. Quite tired of seeing Han Dong Soo being naive and suffering from the injustice. So I'm really hoping to see him working with Seo Do Young soon, who btw seems to have only 1 pink jacket lol.

Just hang in there. You will see the changes soon and they will start wearing some nice clothes :laugh:

• Haha 1

Just starting ep7 and yes! Your oppa looks mighty nice in suits @abs-oluteM. He should stop playing psychopaths and villians and do some romance or thrillers to win some new fans hahaha.

HDS's specs is off now, next will be hair up right, to mark his transition. I'm worried though that he would betray SDY at the end...

On 11/4/2023 at 6:20 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

If you haven't watched Big Bet, I recommend it highly. Starts of slow but it's a clever show. I can see why Choi Min-sik agreed to do it even though he doesn't usually do dramas.

Oh good. I did part of ep 1. Will get back to it. Also before I terminate D+ lol.

On 11/4/2023 at 10:05 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Comments of eps 5 & 6 in spoiler 

Spoiler

The change in Dong Soo is subtle but it’s clear that he’s “tasted blood” & likes it. I think  what scares his brother Beom Jae is that he’s seeing a very different side to DS. In the earlier parts , each time he did SDY’s bidding it was because he felt threatened by SDY. However by the end of eps 6 , he’s the one asking to join forces with SDY. Don’t blame him considering what his ex boss has done & how powerless DS feels.

While SDY is no doubt violent & has no qualms getting rid of those that betrayed him , he did keep his end of the bargain and let HS go when HS fulfilled his promise. SDY is shrewd & appreciates DS’s brilliance. What SDY did for HS at the mother’s funeral won HS over . 

Yes, HDS liked the high of winning and a little would tip him over.

SDY, if I had to choose between who is left standing at the end, I would prefer SDY. Not sure why hehe. But I think he knew HDS's mother would be attacked and did nothing to stop it, probably because he was using it as another trigger point to get HDS to stay. If DS found out...

Edited by Chocolate
  • Clapping Hands 2

This was a decent watch. The 2 leads were very good. I would be looking out for KYK - I think I can go and watch D-Day now 😂 SHK's acting as usual is exceptional - it is amazing how he seems to be able to effortlessly make his eyes turn pink/red and veins popping up his face.

Plot wise, the pace was a little slow. Probably 6-8 episodes would have been sufficient. Or they could have included made the final betrayal a little more intricate.

• Clapping Hands 2