Will Love In Spring 春色寄情人 [2024]

@rocher22 looks like his ex was a non-issue anyway. So CMD was really dating her out of guilt 🥲. What annoyed me last night was more about ZJ’s mum . She of all people should know that family background shouldn’t be an issue. Anyway I appreciate all the sweet moments between the leads & glad that CMD supports her decision to continue her life in Shanghai. I know he won’t move there cause of grandma so I wonder how it will work out in the long run. 

Anyhow angst is coming! 

Spoiler

@Tofu the leads have sizzling chemistry. Since the drama is only 21 episodes, the pace is pretty good . I love all the supporting characters too from her bestie & siblings to his grandma. 

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

@rocher22 this pic gives me hope. I know eps 15 & 16 will be angsty. But these are two fragile souls each with their personal baggage. I can imagine she'd have some insecurities with her body. But once she can accept herself , and realise he accepts her as she is , it will work out. Am sure it requires some conflict in order for them to come to some sort of middle ground.  

Spoiler

GMU1CtsXwAAEGMn?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@rocher22 this pic gives me hope. 

and this...

rNxlOD_3s.jpg

I liked the both episodes regardless of the angst. The sensitive bed scene was full of strong emotions.

But they solved that too and still they had their first snow. :heart:

The dance scene reminded me of the main couple from the Turkish drama Kuzey Guney.

Spoiler

GLqG7_QbkAAUYnX?format=jpg&name=small

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6pi-jMxOcKmeI-c37ee7

• Heart Eyes 1
10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I liked the both episodes regardless of the angst. The sensitive bed scene was full of strong emotions.

But they solved that too and still they had their first snow. :heart:

Agreed. It turned out so much better than I had expected. Even the painful moments were necessary and I liked how things resolved. The only thing is that mum had a big hand in how she felt about herself. I know mum is human too but I think in trying to be overprotective she said some really unnecessary things that contributed to ZJ's low self esteem.

By the way I am loving the love line between Cui Ge and Xia Xia ...too darn cute! 

By the way , major spoiler video here on Weibo. Not sure if you can access it. Very nice

The sound track is so good 

@SilverMoonTea come watch with us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

By the way I am loving the love line between Cui Ge and Xia Xia ...too darn cute! 

Their first date is a grocery shopping.. He was speechless.   :laugh:

Z8ojjj_3m.jpg

35 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

By the way , major spoiler video here on Weibo. Not sure if you can access it. Very nice

:CharmanderYay:

Dong looked so soft in the white shirt and the last part...another great scene and performance..:duckhearts:

:pandapopcorn:

rNxlBE_3m.jpg

• Heart Eyes 1

@rocher22 WeTV , the annoying capiltalist that they are is making us pay for the express package to access ep 18 to 21. I am on the VIP , and can only watch ep17.  . :zzzz:

But this edit without their big conflict ...ahahah...they'd be popping babies at this rate. :laugh:

Spoiler

• Like 1

The 7-second memory...that was so lovely and funny...:couplecuddle:

the morning scene was my fav scene. 

60Lk3d_3s.jpg

Now it is ZJ's turn to be by his side  and help him with his insecurities. 

The bed scene was simple and nice. 

2wDBNP_3s.jpg

• Heart Eyes 1
On 5/1/2024 at 3:19 PM, rocher22 said:

guess Grandma sent the emoji.....:lmao2:

Did you watch eps 19 yet? Hahahah see grandma's face when she came to his apartment in the morning after he and ZJ spent the night there. LOL..

The last few episodes have been lovely in a sense we see the leads romance really taking off. ZJ overcoming her body insecurities and now they are all over each other every second they are together . But there were also plenty of poignant moments with Grandma Lin's death and CMD's views on living and dying. TBH, I would marry him in an instant. :laugh:

But then I am not ZJ , I suppose. This girl has big dreams and they are valid. I know why she's so passionate about medical care since she has been a recipient of the benefits that medical advancement brings. I am not against her starting her own thing in Shanghai or even looking at returning to Shanghai. LDR's can work too if both parties put some effort and come to a middle ground.  What I don't get is why she isn't talking to CMD about it. She says the time isn't right but I feel that is more an excuse than anything else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Did you watch eps 19 yet? Hahahah see grandma's face when she came to his apartment in the morning after he and ZJ spent the night there. LOL..

and CMD's face when he saw Grandma... :laugh:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

What I don't get is why she isn't talking to CMD about it. She says the time isn't right but I feel that is more an excuse than anything else. 

She should have told him that much earlier. I think she is afraid of losing him, but still he needs to know the truth. 

And Big Bro CG is also right about long-distance relationships. 

• Like 1

I started this one last night. Took a peek at the end of Episode 21 just to make sure the ending was good before proceeding. Looks okay. Seen 3 episodes and so far I like it. Zhou Yitong looks really beautiful in this and I enjoy her personality.

• Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@rocher22 I kind of know how it all went down , certain developments which I don’t like but you are absolutely right about Dong. He’s amazing.  I am waiting for ep21 tonight to be released on WeTV before I should say more . Regardless I think this is one of the best cdramas I have watched. 

@40somethingahjumma yay ! ZYT is very pretty & she’s great for this role . I love Jie’s positivity but she also has a lot emotional baggage that you’ll see later . The leads chemistry here is 🔥🔥

I've finished 12 episodes and took time out to say that this is an excellent drama. Thematically I can see the comparisons with Meet Yourself and the K drama Move to Heaven. Li Xian seems to be doing his bit for regional economic development :D although it's obvious that Will Love in Spring is largely an entirely different show. The acting is great with really lovely family and friendship dynamics that feels quite natural. The girl that plays the  younger sister is making the rounds these days. She's also very good in this as is the lad who plays Li Xian's younger counterpart. They sure know how to pick them. Even without the romance, I think this could be a very good show about grief. I'm glad that they've made a show like this in the mainland, starting a conversation on a traditionally taboo subject among Chinese people. Growing up around ethnically Chinese people, I even knew of relatives who wouldn't even make a will for fear of hastening their own demise.

I was wondering how they were going to get Zhuang Jie back to Nanping after all her pronouncements about being a Shanghai girl and I certainly wasn't expecting that. The death of the stepfather came as something of a surprise but it also spoke to the unpredictable nature of life. Not only is life short but no one can really predict what's round the bend. Life just doesn't go the way one expects -- the best laid plans of mice and men can go awry at any point. I can see the attraction of the big city with all its conveniences, easy access to shops and nightlife but I wonder too if Zhuang Jie's attraction to Shanghai is also in part she's looking for some reason to return to Nanping. The other thing too is that she's living with her bestie and so she doesn't have to really deal with the prospect of loneliness or at the very least living alone in a very big place. As she herself says too Shanghai is the place that expedited her healing because it is big and modern but it's a double-edged sword. The anonymity from losing yourself in a crowd is attractive for someone who has had to deal with gossip and snide comments about their disability. She does ask for a lot in that kind of relationship because she's always testing the waters.

The thing too about Chen Maidong is that he's not an easy guy to get close to. Even if there's a long line of women wanting to date him because he is physically attractive, none of them can pull him out of his shell like Zhuang Jie can. Even as teenagers and more so now. He's good at everything except courting women. It's also because they're both walking around as wounded souls trying to find the courage to love someone wholeheartedly. The push and pull does feel frustrating but the character development here is such that it actually makes a lot of sense. 

I'm also enjoying the man that they've paired her bestie with. He's quirky in all the right ways and hilariously a glass half full kind of guy. 

• Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I didn't like ZJ's decision to run off the next day after their engagement - it was cowardly and from a story telling perspective it felt like a regression in her growth. I mean , she was doing so well before this. I can understand if this was the early part of the drama, and I have no problems with flawed characters but I want to see progression. I confess this left me a tad dissatisfied. But nevertheless, CMD was just amazing given how understanding he was and I liked that he told her that he never had an issue with her going to Shanghai. It was her who lacked trust in him by not communicating her conflicted feelings and fears.

That said this has become one of my favourite slice of life dramas.  Meet Yourself , which I am still watching , is probably going to be in this category too. One of the greatest strengths of this show is its philosophical ideas about life and death - it definitely hit home for me.

Spoiler

Trivia - LiXian can be their tourism ambassador :laugh:

Spoiler

I finished the drama and overall, enjoyed it. I had many frustrations with Zhuang Jie but liked how her disability was written and how the writers gave me food for thought. Zhou Yu Tong is excellent. This character in another actress's hands would be unsympathetic and infuriating. I loved ZYT in Remembrance of Things Past which has a similar urban vibe. 

Li Xian is swoon worthy. The character was too perfect which was a jarring contrast to impetuous and flawed Zhuang Jie. I sympathized with his childhood and wish he was a little less selfless. 

Death was portrayed beautifully and respectfully. Family was warm, realistic, and loving. Friendships between the FL and 2FL and the grandmas were touching. 2nd CP were also cute and great together. Loved every actor. Really want to see more of Wan Peng. 

It's a very interesting and rare drama. 

• Clapping Hands 1
10 hours ago, PotatoChip said:

had many frustrations with Zhuang Jie but liked how her disability was written and how the writers gave me food for thought. Zhou Yu Tong is excellent. This character in another actress's hands would be unsympathetic and infuriating. I loved ZYT in Remembrance of Things Past which has a similar urban vibe. 

Agreed. ZJ made me so mad towards the end but perhaps because it was played by ZYT , I somewhat got over it the way CMD did .

Li Xian was great here as the seemingly stoic Chen Mai Dong. I have a major crush on him now :laugh:, so I started watching Meet Yourself which is also fantastic though his character there is much brighter & less angsty. 

I would have love more screen time of WanPeng's love line. I found the romance btwn her and CuiGe very adorable and they had chemistry too.

• Clapping Hands 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Li Xian was great here as the seemingly stoic Chen Mai Dong. I have a major crush on him now :laugh:, so I started watching Meet Yourself which is also fantastic though his character there is much brighter & less angsty. 

I would have love more screen time of WanPeng's love line. I found the romance btwn her and CuiGe very adorable and they had chemistry too.

He's so attractive. I will put Meet Yourself on my PTW list. I started Heroes. Same director as The Imperial Coroner. I really like it so far. It's completely confusing, but the vibe is cool and I sense some awesome brotherhood coming. Interesting mix match of themes. Need to catch up on all the episodes because Joy Of Life 2 will also dominate my time. 

The 2nd CP were so adorable and I agree that they have chemistry. Wan Peng looked so sleek in this drama. I wish Viki would let me take screenshots, she was so cool. 

Edited by PotatoChip
  • Clapping Hands 1