Su Ji & U Ri: 수지맞은 우리 [Current]

Suji and Uri (KBS1 drama from Monday till Friday)

kAV2Qj_4c.jpg

Jin Soo Ji is a psychiatrist at Haedeul Hospital and a celebrity who is considered the most sought-after for variety shows. In addition to medical treatment, she is a hot shot who has never slept more than three hours a day due to tight schedules such as broadcasts, book concerts, and fan signing events. However, her perfect life, which seemed to be on a roll forever, starts to fall apart. It all begins with Chae Woo Ri, the new doctor. He is talented, humorous, and full of justice. Therefore, in the eyes of a doctor who believes understanding and trust of patients are the top priority, Soo Ji seems to be a selfish person who only cares about her own success, and they naturally become enemies in the hospital. However, when Soo Ji disappears due to various scandals, he starts to understand her pain. What will happen between Soo Ji and Woo Ri, who were at each other's throats from the beginning?

Main Role

jQV7pw_5s.jpg

Ham Eun Jung

Jin Soo Ji

eYge7q_5s.jpg

Baek Sung Hyun

Chae Woo Ri

E5Pdr0_5s.jpg

Oh Hyun Kyung

Oh Seon Young

1ypz3_5s.jpg

Kang Byul

Jin Na Young

6zXm0_5s.jpg

Shin Jung Yoon

Han Hyun Sung

Support Role

Sun Woo Jae Duk

Han Jin Tae ['Haedeul Hospital' director]

Kim Ma Ri [Jin Tae's wife]

Yoon Da Hoon

Jin Jang Su [Soo Ji and Na Young's father]

Jo Mi Ryung

Jang Yun Ja [Soo Ji's stepmother]
Park Bok Sun [Soo Ji's grandmother]
Kang Woo Chang [Farmer]
Kang Jung Soon [Woo Chang's older sister]
Chae Doo Ri [Woo Ri's sister]
Jin Do Yeong [Soo Ji's younger brother]

Yoon Chae Na

Jo Ah Ra

Kim Kwang Young

Mo Young Soo ['Haedeul Hospital' chief of psychiatry]
Yoon Ga Rim ['Haedeul Hospital' nurse]

Kim Young Hoon

Ahn Soo Bin ['Haedeul Hospital' assistant nurse]

Jung Tae Ryung

Kim Joo Hee

Kim Ha Rin

Seo Ji Young [Ma Ri's assistant]

• Party! 1
1 hour ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

quoting my friends @stroppyse @UnniSara @ktcjdrama

the drama is good, 

Thanks for the tag! I will try to check this out asap, earliest will be next next week though... 

Let me tag @abs-oluteM too. There's Baek Sung Hyun, reunited with the child actress (as Mirinae) from The Love in Your Eyes, but playing step-siblings this time though...

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama thanks for the tag & thanks for opening the thread @Nohamahmoud2002 . I started watching this in the first week it aired but I put it on pause because the 2nd FL is so so so annoying & she had so much screen time . Also I miss BSH’s charming character in The Love In Your Eyes . Here his character took me a while to warm up to. I’ll watch again & try to catch up 

• Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Okay I managed to catch till eps 13. How? Hhahahaahah I abused the FF button and watch at 2x speed for characters I can't stand especially when our leads are not there. Even 2nd ML , HyunSung who seemed like a nice guy at first , is too stalkerish and possessive for my liking. 

Anyway I need to iron out some relationships:

1. WooRi's family members are all not blood related except Uncle Woo Chang and the older lady (whom Ara keeps calling as grandma ) are siblings. WooRi, DooRi and Ara are all "adopted" or being raised by Mum - Seong Young. I am fine with WR's family scenes as everyone is a decent human being :laugh:, and  it goes to show blood ties is not everything when it comes to family. But poor Uncle WooChang who has been in love with mum like for 15 years or something. Hope she can see him romantically and stop trying to set the poor man up on blind dates.

2. So who is Woo Ri's real family? So far nothing shown but I am guessing 2nd ML's mother ? HyunSung and WooRi are not off to a good start with HS feeling wary of WR and SJ's interactions. Anyway HS's father is the hospital director - married the mother who seems to be able call the shots. So I am guessing it's her family that started the hospital. Nway, mum & dad's relationship are strained. Mum especially is not happy - the frown on her face is almost perpetual.

3. Soo Ji - her family is horrid. I don't mind the lil brother but the rest especially her sister, Na Young (who sadly is the 2nd FL with plenty of screen time) is just a nasty person. Soo Ji is the real daughter of WR's adopted mum ( so incoming "fauxcest" issues to be expected when leads fall for each other). She was separated from mum when mum had the accident and I am assuming went into coma or was unable to come get her. So the father with the grandmother , and her stepmum moved abroad or away. Na Young and Soo Ji, I believe are not related. NY must be from stepmum's previous marriage / relationship. Soo Ji's dad cheated on SJ's mum and that's how they had the brother. 

So right now , I don't think there's anything romantic between the leads yet but their interactions are funny and they tend to jump to conclusions about each other quite a bit. Though, things are mellowing as the episodes progress. Hyun Sung and Soo Ji were dating in uni and I think we'll have to suffer through them rekindling the relationship before Soo Ji realises it isn't going to work. Also will have to suffer watching NaYoung and her one sided crush and chasing of WooRi.  

@Nohamahmoud2002 I swap  the headings around to have the English title first ya. 

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Meet Yourself

Unbelievable that I am up to date till eps 20  :laugh:, and that was without doubt the best episode. True it took 20 episodes for anything remotely romantic to take place between the leads but all the build up felt kind of worth it. I still hate 70% of the characters but I feel like I can finally ship the main pair romantically and will hang on.

Ep 20 

Spoiler

WR saw the sisters argument at the hospital rooftop with NY pulling SJ's hair. He intervened and NY ran off. SJ refused to say more and told him that there are things that she doesn't want to let anyone know and he gentlemanly apologized  & backed off (after making sure she was ok.) 

NY called him later wanting to explain but he told her it wasn't his business, and that it was not necessary to tell him. She was frustrated that he didn't seem to care so she tried to tell him that SJ was the one stealing her spot as the new host for the TV programme. But WR told her that it was impossible as he knew that SJ has been quitting all her outside activities to focus on her patients. I was glad he drew the line with NY and that he defended SJ.

SJ and WR were on night shift and both ended up sleeping in the doctor's lounge. She was troubled and he started talking to her and his soothing voice helped her sleep. Next morning , Hyun Sung saw them - he had come over to bring porridge for her. He was jealous but nevertheless offered porridge to WR too. It's interesting because there are so many scenes now of the 3 of them. LOL

Anyway, SJ's father has gotten into some trouble and since he had been using SJ's fame and name to sell his franchise or whatever, the investors came to the hospital demanding to see SJ since the felt her dad scammed them. Long story short while HS went to calm the inv estors, WR grabbed SJ and took her to hide in the store room. I guess this is going to be the moment sparks will be ignited . :hug:

On 4/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, abs-oluteM said:

WR saw the sisters argument at the hospital rooftop with NY pulling SJ's hair. He intervened and NY ran off. SJ refused to say more and told him that there are things that she doesn't want to let anyone know and he gentlemanly apologized  & backed off (after making sure she was ok.) 

She shows her true colors to Uri. He already started to like Suji

• Clapping Hands 1
On 4/24/2024 at 9:52 PM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

She shows her true colors to Uri. He already started to like Suji

I was so happy in last night's episode when he reject her outright. He's also very suspicious of her relationship to Suji since she tends to react alot whenever Suji is in the picture. It really helps that WooRi does his profession justice - he's very perceptive of things and draws the line when he has to. What is so funny is that the relationship between him and Hyun Sung are developing faster than it is with SuJi :laugh:. Lonely & lost HS needs a friend but poor Woori ...ahahah imagine having to hear about the relationship issues of the girl you like. 

• Clapping Hands 1

How updated are you @Nohamahmoud2002?

Up to eps 26, what I like most is that WooRi sees more and more of NY's true colours. NY is really such an awful person - selfish and entitled. Glad to see SuJi standing up to NY too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Poor Suji. I am watching the episode of the press conference. NY is so mean.

Yes...I saw the raw cut. NY pretty much hijacked that . 

Suji's career is going downhill and what is worse is that her mental health is deteriorating fast! 

From today's episode

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

NY kneels before SJ on the roof, seen by the reporter hiding. She pretends to jump from the roof. Really she is unstable.

I have seen plenty of horrible 2ndFLs in dramas but Na Young certainly takes the cake for being the worst of them all. She certainly needs mental help herself...but I hope the drama don't go redeem her. As it is  I get irritated every time I see her face. 

I agree with WR that SJ needs help and counselling. Doctors can be sick too . I am assuming she'll likely lose her job at the hospital. 

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I hope the drama don't go redeem her.

Almost all daily dramas will redeem everyone... sigh...

I haven't started yet :cry: still so busy. I feel like I'm behind with everything, not just drama-watching, but other stuff as well :nervous: I wanna cry... 

• Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Almost all daily dramas will redeem everyone... sigh...

I haven't started yet :cry: still so busy. I feel like I'm behind with everything, not just drama-watching, but other stuff as well :nervous: I wanna cry... 

Sending some hugs and positive thoughts.

I am watching some scenes here on 1.5 except if they involve our ML . But this surprisingly is easier to watch than all the heavy kdramas that is on my plate. Those feel like homework :poliWeird:

• Haha 1
  • Party! 1