The Spies Who Loved Me 💋 - [2020]

ktcjdrama

I am super confused. Derek didn't kill Sophie - that was confirmed. And it was obvious he was faking his death since we know he still had that dead body . So why was there a need to disappear? Was this so that Ah Reum could start anew or were there other crimes he'd have to pay for ( I understand that CIA will have him after the Koreans are done)? I felt bad for Ah Reum TBH...no matter what Derek was her husband - there was love there and she had many happy memories with him. Didn't feel fair for her to be put through this . 

Thankfully JH is a pretty sharp agent despite losing his informants in the past. Testing Derek's mum with the video was smart. And I believe he had purposely close off the case even though he had his suspicions Derek was alive because he wanted Derek to let his guard down. I am wondering a couple of things though which I think is a writing flaw - 1) For an informant as important as Derek , how come they are so laxed with leaving him alone in the hospital. There should be cops throughout the clock . 

2) Would they not have tested the DNA of the dead body even if they cannot recognise the face?  

I don't know if JH would end up with AR or not ...he's too much of a gentleman to push his way through. To his credit , till the very end he respected AR and Derek's marriage. He defended Derek in many ways and had sincerely wanted to help AR and Derek have a new life. For me this was really selfless unconditional love - he was indeed trying to compensate for their failed marriage. He worried for AR from afar but gave her space to mourn.

The preview - is that to tell us they'd have a chance to reunite? 

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Yay! I am done with the finale. Overall, I was happy with how it ended. 

Derek decided to fake his death because it was the best thing he could do for AR. I suppose with his mum being the head of Hermes  ( can't remember how to spell this) , it would not have been easy for AR to go through what will lie ahead. I believe Derek will be passed over to the CIA , and I am sure he also has other dirt on his hands.  Also like what Derek said it would always be hard to choose between his mother and AR. While this isn't exactly noble idiocy, I guess he wanted to make it easy for AR to move on and be free to live her life except that AR being the smart cookie that she is was not convinced he died after finding the extra ring. Anyhow , I was glad that she found out too , as it gave her proper closure  and she chose not to pursue the truth - perhaps she too was letting Derek go . It also made her realise that she didn't really quite know who Derek really was at the end of the day.

I like the final scene between JH and Derek since one of the things that I enjoyed about the drama was the "bromance" . Derek decided  to meet JH and explain himself. JH being the gentleman right to the end wanted Derek to come back for AR's sake but I suppose it would always not be easy for Derek to do so . JH then  wanted to bring Derek in but decided at the end of the day to let Derek go to so that he could  begin anew. 

The drama didn't force the reunion for JH and AR immediately . Time jump of two years made sense especially for AR. JH was stationed in Europe those 2 years , and returned to a timely promotion and to the news that AR had become their top informant ! He was not for it initially but he realised that this was what she truly wanted and enjoyed . Love that the drama decided to do that since we all knew that AR was always very intuitive and could have been an agent herself. It was very nice that AR & JH reconnected by working on an undercover assignment together. They only confirmed them reuniting right at the very end after they had successfully solved the case. I kind of like the idea that they would now be partners in solving crimes and partners in  bed  life :MewGiggle:

Epci9nQWwAEhm5L?format=jpg&name=900x900

I will definitely miss this drama. I know the following for this wasn't particularly strong both in SK and internationally but  loved it . It was a good balance of action, comedy and romance.  

YIN's agency uploaded some final BTS 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I finally caught up with the finale. I'm quite satisfied with the ending but disappointed because there are several parts that is left out that I'd like to know more about. One of them is what happened to Derek's Mum and Tinker but I guess handing over them to CIA is how they wrapped out the case. 

Overall I'm happy with the drama. It's not easy to mix spy drama with romance inside it. We as the viewers mostly see from Ah Reum's pov then Ji Hoon and lastly Derek. Although I think there are several plots that can be omitted and not really important (like the fight between the Kim Siblings), I guess Kim Dong Ran plays the part as rich woman who use her money well. 

On 12/17/2020 at 10:13 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I kind of like the idea that they would now be partners in solving crimes and partners in  bed  life :MewGiggle:

I'm sorry for saying this to Derek but Ah Reum's chemistry with Ji Hoon is better and I root for them to get back. :pandalove:

Great work from all actors and staffs for wrapping the drama safely and sound! 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

10 minutes ago, LaLa said:

I'm sorry for saying this to Derek but Ah Reum's chemistry with Ji Hoon is better and I root for them to get back. :pandalove:

ahahah..me too. But there was a point in the drama where I thought perhaps they may let her stay on with Derek since they were married and all. Anyhow I am happy she got back with JH as I felt that even when she was married to Derek , her heart wasn't quite there. She enjoyed being married and being loved , but it didn't feel like she was in love ( like the way she was with JH) 

• Like 1

I have been putting off watching the finale episodes because of tight schedule and I wanted to enjoy the last two episodes. I guess a part of me also didn’t want to say goodbye to the drama just yet, thus the delaying. 

Ep.15 was a sad episode for me. And until the first part of ep.16 before the time jump, I was mostly tearing every now and then. I really enjoyed the drama as a whole but tbh, after the time jump, for me it wasn’t as interesting as before although I know it’s to set the stage for the reunion of JH and AR. I felt that everything is a bit rushed especially the case, but understandably so because we’re running out of time. There were moments of chuckles ~ never expect JH’s boss still struggling to convince his wife that he is a real cop and not cos-playing. 

I love Derek’s new style and appreciate that he kinda send a message to AR. It’s sad but I like how the show handled the ending of their marriage. Again, everything about this show is great, the only part I didn’t enjoy as much was the new team working on the new case. Too rushed. I would prefer a beginning of a new case like in Terius and leave it at that. 

There’s one OST or rather the instrumental piece that I like a lot. I hope I can find it on YT. 

Thank you @abs-oluteM for accompanying me on this thread and helping me to manage it. And also to @mademoiselle @LaLa for sharing your thoughts here. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love