Cast:

Johnny Huang as DuanRan

Wu JinYan as Qian XiXi

Lulu Xuan as Zhang JiaYun

Cao YuChen as Jiang ZheYang

Zhao LuoRan as SuSu

David Liang as ChenLang

Synopsis:

Duan Ran and Qian Xi Xi grew up together but with very different personalities due to the great difference in their family background. XiXi entered the e-commerce industry. Duan Ran who wishes to protect XiXi and at the same time recognized that the e-commerce broadcaster industry would be the next economic hot spot, acquired the company XiXi works in.  After overcoming many difficulties and challenges, Duan Ran becomes successful and attain the 'Chinese Dream'.

(Source: Baidu) 

Official Sites:

Weibo

• Like 1

@NiteWalker hmm he still has best chemie with Reba :laugh:...I am actually waiting for the one where he is a soldier ! This one the story seems nothing unique  - e commerce again. Like Love Designer. Even the 2nd lead is the same guy who likes Reba's character in LD

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 11/7/2020 at 9:43 PM, abs-oluteM said:

@NiteWalker hmm he still has best chemie with Reba :laugh:...I am actually waiting for the one where he is a soldier ! This one the story seems nothing unique  - e commerce again. Like Love Designer. Even the 2nd lead is the same guy who likes Reba's character in LD

ah.....'Dear Uniform' i believe with LiQin as the opposite female lead....

from the trailer i kinda like it so far .... the last one that Wu JinYan did with NieYuan didnt trigger that something in me........im hoping this will overcome that

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

ah.....'Dear Uniform' i believe with LiQin as the opposite female lead....

from the trailer i kinda like it so far .... the last one that Wu JinYan did with NieYuan didnt trigger that something in me........im hoping this will overcome that

Ok la . I’ll check it out for Johnny ! :laugh:.  How can I not . 
will be available on IQiYi 

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

53 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

modern drama is definitely way easier to sub than period drama

I watched 3 or 4 episodes last night . It’s a work drama .

Focusses a lot on the highly competitive & adrenaline charged live streaming e commerce platform. Both leads Duan Ran & Xi Xi  grew up together. His parents took her in to stay with them when her parents passed away . So they are very close like siblings . Their banter is cute . His parents love her like their own as she is like a model daughter in every way . He is more laid back & show starts off with him coming back from the UK , not so keen to work for his dad in the company’s headquarters

His father had invested in a live streaming platform called Rui Live before this,  to which she is helping & working for . She’s very good at selling & also closing deals with the clients. ( DR is pretty sharp & resourceful too. ) The guy who runs the platform, Chen Lang  ( he started it but DR’s  father funded it) betrays them & takes the business resources ( staff & clients) with him. The 1st few eps focuses a lot on what happened- DR & XX managed to salvage some situations but it’s clear Chen Lang had schemed to do this for a Long time , so at the end Rui Live was in jeopardy of being closed down. DR’s father wants both XX & DR to go work for the headquarters ( and close Rui Live ) But XX does not want to go back to that sort of boring monotonous traditional office life and convinces DR to stay on to help her revive Rui Live

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

But XX does not want to go back to that sort of boring monotonous traditional office life in and convinces DR to stay on to help her revive Rui Live

thats nice....however far as im aware DR's mom does not approve of their relationship it will be seems at the beginning....saying its okie to accept XX as a daughter but not as a daughter in law

• Like 1
Just now, NiteWalker said:

thats nice....however far as im aware DR's mom does not approve of their relationship it will be seems at the beginning....saying its okie to accept XX as a daughter but not as a daughter in law

At this point zero romance. They still treat each other like siblings. Though from outsiders POV people say they both like each other but just don’t realize. They both deny of course. He’s actually very protective of her & will help her a lot 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abs-oluteM said:

At this point zero romance. They still treat each other like siblings. Though from outsiders POV people say they both like each other but just don’t realize. They both deny of course. He’s actually very protective of her & will help her a lot 

hahhaah i havent started watching as yet.....though yes according to the trailer....you're right.....they basically grew up together....not to mention DR was in r/s before as well.....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

hahhaah i havent started watching as yet.....though yes according to the trailer....you're right.....they basically grew up together....not to mention DR was in r/s before as well.....

I think it will be a while before they come together. I am sure got other subplot - I think she'll also have the 2nd lead chase her. But so far the drama is ok. I mean, it was addictive enough because of the betrayal. And they both do have natural chemistry even as siblings

Vm3SH49.png

Spoiler

8wyBmnL.png

They argue like siblings

Spoiler

g5mrGIy.png

ehhh one hand carry is a trend... :D .

DvGzgkS.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Tothestars said:

I have watched until ep 14, still focusing on business, no romance, but i like the story so far, how rich kids struggle starting their own company with their own effort instead of continuing their family business. Love their interaction so far.

thats nice......

sometimes being too much into the romance might spoil the drama a bit....i like to see some real focal :NeonGhost: i will probably pick this up over the weekend or maybe when they finish airing :love:

• Like 2
13 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

thats nice......

sometimes being too much into the romance might spoil the drama a bit....i like to see some real focal :NeonGhost: i will probably pick this up over the weekend or maybe when they finish airing :love:

Yeah you should! Their chemistry so far so good as brother sister and best friend status, hopefully when the romance hit, we can see the different.

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
On 11/11/2020 at 9:51 AM, Tothestars said:

I have watched until ep 14, still focusing on business, no romance, but i like the story so far, how rich kids struggle starting their own company with their own effort instead of continuing their family business. Love their interaction so far.

I’m up to eps 5 . Actually they are very cute together even though right now it’s mainly sibling vibes that I am getting .  I see the father is making them compete as way to push them ( especially DR ) to be better.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I’m up to eps 5 . Actually they are very cute together even though right now it’s mainly sibling vibes that I am getting .  I see the father is making them compete as way to push them ( especially DR ) to be better.  

Yes yes, because Xixi is more hard working and diligent and never failed Duan Family expectation, so comparing with DR who never step into practical business world, he is seen like a spoiled one. So make them competing each other is a very good strategy.

• Insightful 2

Watched eps 6 - 9..initially I was wondering if can take the pacing as it really focusses a lot on the live streaming e-commerce industry. While a substantial amount of scenes do look at the struggles of DR and XX re-building Rui while competing for the CEO position, and fighting off the rivalry of Chen Lang & Cloud Live, the episodes were surprisingly quite engaging. The highlight was possibly , eps 8 and 9 which finally addressed the elephant in the room - why is it that both DR and XX have yet to be romantically involved? Ironically, this was brought up in a dinner date they both had, set up by XX's bestie. DR & XX both recognised that  they have 20 years of solid friendship and have been each other's shoulder to cry on over the years. They could not answer this themselves.  In fact everyone around them can clearly see the attraction between the two, & honestly given how close they are physically and emotionally, you'd think they are an old married couple .  

gTnNy9c.png

LoQQN5f.png

If anyone knows XX as well as DR does , it is definitely her bestie Jia Yun. I knew that Jia Yun had wanted to provoke XX into admitting her feelings by dancing with DR and playing with his hair . In fact I think both XX and DR do realise that they are more than just "siblings" in their relationship. There is clear attraction and you can tell that in spite of their rivalry & bickering , there's a lot of unspoken affection between them .

I initially thought that  the "family ties"  between them, and the fear of crossing over from friends to lovers  (which could backfire if the relationship turns awry) may have been the main reasons they have never became more than what they are now.  But seeing how DR handled the loss of the CEO position - by belittling XX's capabilities and not respecting her leadership , I can see why it will be awhile before she can see him as her life partner. XX was the right choice for CEO - she has the experience, resourcefulness and diligence. While DR is visionary and an out of the box thinker, he has his pride and can be somewhat arrogant. Also he does have some growing up to do. Eating some humble pie as XX's intern will do him good :laugh:

ahahaha Jia Yun is my spirit animal...I would make DR my secretary too

Spoiler

Gx3XtKU.png

Oh these two may make a cute pair.  Ship !

yaYZ7xo.png

@Tothestars are you still watching? 

Edited by abs-oluteM