JangHaven's 2021 Most Anticipated CDramas

SnowBlob

19 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

The final is here~~ Although surprise surprise I though Princess Changge would have more votes (this is coming from non-watcher) and that Immortality would be beaten by Moonlight.

hahaha doesnt surprise me as when i weigh it in i will choose JinXinSiYu when you pit Princess Changge against it....in between Dilreba and SongYun, i prefer SongYun pick of choice better hahaha

i love both equally of course...just when u pit them two together i definitely want to see an older male lead with the female than the one that we had always been getting....

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
10 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

i definitely want to see an older male lead with the female than the one that we had always been getting....

Reba's leading man is so young in Long Ballad! 😅 I'm wondering if it's more of his height that got him the role.

I also like seeing older leading males, or at least close enough age. They usually have the gravitas much younger male lead doesn't always have. 

For the sake of comparison, Liu Yifei and Yang Yang as against Mark Chao and Yang Mi. Same roles, albeit one is movie version, the other pair did the drama. IMO, Liu Yifei was more magnetic even when the focus should be on Yang Yang. Whereas Mark Chao and Yang Mi were quite equal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

1 minute ago, MayanEcho said:

Reba's leading man is so young in Long Ballad! 😅 I'm wondering if it's more of his height that got him the role.

true....i dunno though after seeing some of the stills as well the trailer they released, i was like....okie they still look pretty decent together....

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I also like seeing older leading males, or at least close enough age. They usually have the gravitas much younger male lead doesn't always have.

true...they have a better aura or maturity that carry through out themselves that make  you believe in them more....

it if it was more for the youth romance or some school play, im still pretty good that the younger male definitely play it better with their youth aura.....however for these kind of drama i honestly prefer someone with a more mature senses that i felt will hold the role better

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

For the sake of comparison, Liu Yifei and Yang Yang as against Mark Chao and Yang Mi. Same roles, albeit one is movie version, the other pair did the drama. IMO, Liu Yifei was more magnetic even when the focus should be on Yang Yang. Whereas Mark Chao and Yang Mi were quite equal.

of Liu YiFei and YangYang, they hold it on their own role.....and the roles they did in the movie version both were equally good in a sense for me....in the movie version they didnt really focus much on the sifu and disciple relationship so the pull werent as great there and they are more towards the Crown Prince and the Lover...

YiFei always managed to hold the scenes as a celestial being without doing much.....as much as YangYang is beautiful, he didnt hold the aura of Celestial Being as freely as YiFei did it without much efforts though they still look pretty good together

while for the Drama MarkChao and YangMi had a different senses....as MarkChao play YangMi's sifu on top of another younger role as her lover.....in the show....

• Like 2

true....i dunno though after seeing some of the stills as well the trailer they released, i was like....okie they still look pretty decent together....

It's a wait and see if he'll do justice to his role. The stills and trailer were alright,  cross fingers all of them matches the expectation for their acting. The manga readers of Long Ballad are watching closely. 😅

YiFei always managed to hold the scenes as a celestial being without doing much.....as much as YangYang is beautiful, he didnt hold the aura of Celestial Being as freely as YiFei did it without much efforts though they still look pretty good together

She's so effortlessly appealing!  When I watched Mulan,  she got that aura in the movie too. Yang Yang is quite good-looking, but few more years before he gets the manly, alpha male appeal. Wondering if he would have or some of that now in his new drama. 🙂

Edited by MayanEcho
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

14 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

She's so effortlessly appealing!  When I watched Mulan,  she got that aura in the movie too. Yang Yang is quite good-looking, but few more years before he gets the manly, alpha male appeal. Wondering if he would have or some of that now in his new drama. 🙂

hahaha yes i have to agree....in Mulan she was a warrior...a daughter and a servant before the king....with a backbone...

and she play the role down to the core......

she got it all.....she got the 4 code down the pad

• Like 2

Winner Announcement

:Party01: JangHavenites have crowned Jin Xin Si Yu as the Chinese drama they most anticipated in 2021. Congratulations :Party02:

2nd Place: Moonlight

3rd Place: Princess Changge

We thank all the members who patiently went through the gruelling voting process over the last 3 days. Although the drama you nominated/like may not win the title, it doesn't mean that it is not anticipated and not well-liked :) We hope you have fun regardless and we'll see you around in the drama threads on JangHaven~ 

:hearties:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers