Revolutionary Sisters 오케이 광자매 [2021]

15 hours ago, LaLa said:

Crazy.. they finally revealed the big secret about the diary for the last 3 episodes? 

I shouldn't be shocked about it but still shocked nonetheless.. the daughters didn't related at all with the father 

Ahh. So that was the big secret. Only the dead Gwang Sik was his son. Gwang Nam, the female Gwang Shik, and Gwang Tae were fathered by their mother having extramarital affairs. I wasn't expecting them all to be someone else's daughters as well.

I have to watch the episode to get more of the story, but it's even crazier than I thought.

15 hours ago, LaLa said:

About this it has been solved in the beginning. If I remember correctly it's because she had haemorrhoids and it's curable. She's just being hyperbolic about it lol. In the end Ttu Gi is the winner. She got her parents and live together with them.

Oh. This relationship between Ttu Gi's parents just make no sense. I mean, she's a senior citizen while he's in his 20's. No way this relationship can actually last. I guess you're right that Ttu Gi is the winner since her parents will be together, but it still does not feel right.

Oh well. More comment after I've actually caught up watching the episodes.

• Like 1

Hmm, so it's gone full tilt into makjang territory. The Gwang Sister's mother was a real piece of work, without even hearing the rest of the story. All three sisters the product of adulterous affairs by their mother. And, she wanted to get rid of the products of her affairs, but it was their father who saved them and raised them with the help of their aunt.

I'm actually kind of tired of the sisters and their hysterics, and I can't wait for this drama to be over. I was a little surprised that they didn't want their father to be happy with a new relationship, even after knowing that their mother was having an affair, wanting a divorce, and inadvertently actually died while setting up their father to be a scapegoat. How the sisters could claim that their father had actually been happy with their mother and themselves is beyond me.

And, then of course, once finding out the birth secrets, it's all about them. I guess GT reacted the way I hoped she wouldn't, claiming that she had been mistreated by the father because she wasn't his child at all and believing the lies of a man who she just met who claimed to be her birth father rather than the father who spent his life raising her.

The one highlight of episode 47 was that GN finally made up with her MIL. I think they both made serious mistakes and were in a downward spiral, so it's good that something happened to shake them out of it, even if it meant that GN got utterly drunk, loud, and ridiculous.

I think the only one I really want a happy ending for right now is the father. After suffering his whole life, he deserves to be with someone who really likes him and wants to be with him. Plus, Young Hee's cheerfulness and forwardness is something that Cheol Soo probably needs to take him out of his rut of acceptance. She was a bit scandalous at first sight with her bright red and pink attire and accessories, but her open admiration for CS, and her determination to live the rest of her life on her own terms is admirable.

I'm sad that they are making YS a bit of an insensitive jerk right now. Btw, I think that GS is pregnant, too.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

GS can't stay married to YS when he is ignoring her. I hope he wakes up after she asked for divorce.

I'm pretty sure he will come to his senses. It's pretty late in the drama for there to be a surprise divorce like this? GS has too much pride. She should just tell him what's bothering her. However, YS is letting his bit of fame go to his head. It's totally not on to be meeting another woman without letting your wife know, and even going so far as to lie to her.

I think that there is 2 more episodes to wrap things up?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think that there is 2 more episodes to wrap things up?

Yeah next Sat will be the last I think.. 

Assuming from the preview for Sunday episode (ep 49) it looks like the father will come back safely, because Gwang Shik has moved to her next problem, Ye Seul. I don't know why the writer make Ye Seul as an insensitive jerk very late in the episode just because he has become a star. It's sad when he ignored his own wife for a stardom and only think about his fans while ignoring the Gwang Shik who has always been by his side. Gwang Shik action might be fueled because of jealousy of his attention to her alter ego 'Byul' but if Ye Seul is being honest and won't meet with 'Byul' secretly, I don't think Gwang Shik will think about divorcing him.. He's hiding and acting secretly as if he has another woman. Based on her bad experience with her ex hub who is cheating on her, I could understand her insecurities. 

And now the secret is all out, can Bong Ja and Dol Se get together? Maybe not for marrying but they can just enjoying the rest of their life together with open relationship, they don't have to hide their affection from their family. Or will it still consider strange that your aunt and your father in law is dating? 

The noble family tradition can't be applied anymore to Bong Ja after all since Gwang Shik isn't blood related to Lee family.. :thinking:

• Like 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

4 hours ago, LaLa said:

Assuming from the preview for Sunday episode (ep 49) it looks like the father will come back safely, because Gwang Shik has moved to her next problem, Ye Seul. I don't know why the writer make Ye Seul as an insensitive jerk very late in the episode just because he has become a star. It's sad when he ignored his own wife for a stardom and only think about his fans while ignoring the Gwang Shik who has always been by his side. Gwang Shik action might be fueled because of jealousy of his attention to her alter ego 'Byul' but if Ye Seul is being honest and won't meet with 'Byul' secretly, I don't think Gwang Shik will think about divorcing him.. He's hiding and acting secretly as if he has another woman. Based on her bad experience with her ex hub who is cheating on her, I could understand her insecurities. 

I'm actually unhappy right now with both GS and YS. GS has shown to have too much pride, both in terms of how she dealt with GT who was being a bit insensitive with her newfound wealth via her husband, and now in terms of her husband who is excited to finally get a taste of stardom. She has been upset because he is accommodating to his fans rather than paying attention only to her. She didn't realize that if he really became a star as she wanted him to be that she would have to share him with his fandom, and be willing to allow that because that's how he makes money, gets bookings and sell his music. If she wanted to stay the center of his world, he should have continued to work at the moving center.

Having said that, YS definitely has let a taste of fame go to his head. He's been ignoring how upset GS is with him for not making time for her, but he's also totally oblivious of GS' devastating news about her parentage. He's taking GS for granted. I don't think his attention in meeting Byeol was to have an affair with her, but it's still highly suspect that he's willing to meet another woman, albeit a fan, without his wife's knowledge and lying to her about it. The lying and secrecy is probably more about his awareness that GS is unhappy about his involvement with his fan, but it doesn't excuse the lying and secrecy at all.

I think GS wanting to divorce him will bring him back to his senses, especially since there is only 2 episodes left in this drama, but it makes me wonder if GS and YS are such a good couple after all. GS totally took YS for granted and treated him rather rudely for being poor and from a poor family background a number of times during their relationship, including after they were married when GS obsessed over being poorer than her younger sister. Now, YS is taking GS for granted as well. I think I'm actually tired of this couple.

4 hours ago, LaLa said:

And now the secret is all out, can Bong Ja and Dol Se get together? Maybe not for marrying but they can just enjoying the rest of their life together with open relationship, they don't have to hide their affection from their family. Or will it still consider strange that your aunt and your father in law is dating? 

The noble family tradition can't be applied anymore to Bong Ja after all since Gwang Shik isn't blood related to Lee family..

I expect that BJ and DS will get together, especially after DS' near death experience and CS possibly attempting to take his own life as well. I mean, the end result is probably everyone should just take their shot at happiness. BJ and DS can also live as a married couple without registering their marriage.

I don't have any sympathy for BJ though, not after finding out that she's the one who begged and pleaded to get her own way so that CS would stay married to her sister who basically just went out and cheated and cheated and cheated, bearing the children of her affairs and foisting them on him to support. He was even kicked out of his clan over it which meant he had no support himself as he was supporting his wife who was sleeping with the neighborhood, her children from her adultery, and her sister who was living with them. She said that she ruined CS' life, and I agree with that assessment. If he had divorced her slut of a sister after the first child, he might have found a wife who loved him and bore him his own children to love. It would have been too bad for GN, but BJ could have just raised her as well as any other children that her sister bore by sleeping around the neighborhood. Or I guess they would have all gone to orphanages, however, that would have been her choice to bear. Ultimately, their dead mother didn't care about anyone or anything other than herself anyway, so why did CS have to be the one to be cuckolded time and time again, then have to deal with the consequences.

BJ then went on to do the same thing all over again to get GC to marry TJ for TG's sake. I'm sorry, but this story line still makes no sense to me. TJ's son is older than her husband, and TJ clearly looks like GC's mother. Heck, given how early TJ started her sexual activities, she could almost be GC's grandmother. The only note of reality about this relationship is TJ telling GC's brother SC that their marriage will probably last 3 years before GC gets tired of her, and that she won't register their marriage even. It's not even about their respective looks, since right now, I can see how they might find each other attractive. It's just that people of different ages actually want and need different things. When TG graduates from college, GC will be 42 and TJ will be 70. This story line made more sense to me when I thought that TJ was going to die soon, and so they would have time as a family and for TG and GC to build a bond together before TJ left them.

Anyway, BJ is the one who proposed the idea of GC and TJ marrying in the first place, and then pushed hard to make it happen. All I can think is that she's dooming another man from finding his own love and family. I can now see why BJ had the affair with DS who was married with kids at the time, and then kept on having secret contacts with him through the years. Frankly, it makes BJ seem very selfish in her own right, as both of her sisters are as well. And, yes, I know that TJ is supposed to be rehabilitated, especially with TG, and she's ecstatic with her much younger husband, but she still has a selfish streak a mile wide.

The scene I did like, however, was the one of the sisters in the car reflecting on all the terrible things that they did to their father. That was a nice bit of connecting their past terrible behavior, not to mention their decision that their father should not have any happiness of his own because it might make them look bad.

It was nice that they stopped YH from moving out at least, now that they know the truth and accept that their father, more than anyone else, has a right to some happiness of his own.

I'm also happy with how loving and supportive KJ has been to GT. I'm not saying that he was necessarily dealing with the whole birth father thing in the best way, and I was relieved when he finally went to tell CS everything, but he's been steadfast in his love and support for GT, and has been trying to do what he felt was best for her. Plus, he finally realized that it wasn't something that he could take care of on his own and went looking for help with the right person, GT's father. Given how big a jerk KJ was at the beginning, he's turned out to be the loveliest of the Gwang Sisters' husbands.

Finally, it's a relief that GN's MIL has come around and is now helping GN with her pregnancy attempt.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

It's finally come to a close with happy endings all around. I do think that this drama showed a number of characters evolving over the length of the drama.

The biggest change was probably Gwang Nam who went from being a totally selfish wife who couldn't be bothered with her own father, her husband, or her mother-in-law, but then realized some hard truths about herself and her parents. Also, losing the husband whom she loved but had not valued that much showed her how much she still actually loved him.

I still have a problem with the husband's story and how he got a child with another woman. Mostly, I still really dislike the whole sanctification of Maria when she basically raped a drunk man in order to get a child by him in an attempt to take him away from his wife, which she did successfully.

Anyway, Gwang Shik and Gwang Tae had their issues and showed some evolution as well, though not nearly as dramatic as GS. I'm glad that all three finally came to appreciate their father, and I thought their reminiscing scenes where they are screaming at their father like ill-mannered lunatics as cause for shame and remorse were well done.

As for Chul Soo, ultimately the father turned out to be a near saint, taking on raising 3 daughters from his wife who were fathered by other men. The first one he was duped into taking because the mother couldn't be with the guy who had gotten her pregnant, however, he knew that the younger 2 daughters were from being cuckolded by his wife and he still took them in as his own and raised them as his own. I'm glad that he finally met a woman who likes him for himself and makes him laugh.

To be honest, I also had a problem with Taeng Ja and Gong Chae's story. A 28 year age difference really makes no sense whatsoever. When GC is only 40, she's going to be nearing 70. It's a happy ending in terms of where this drama ends, I guess, but this relationship still makes no sense to me.

I honestly don't care about BJ and DS. They did not write BJ to be that sympathetic a woman actually. She is the reason that CS swallowed his manhood and accepted his philandering wife who kept committing adultery time and again until she finally died from it. She also committed adultery with DS when she knew he was a married man with 2 sons already, and then was hurt when DS ultimately wouldn't abandon his family for her. Then finally, she was the one who kept insisting that TJ and GC had to be together for the sake of their daughter TG. Anyway you look at it, BJ wants the men to sacrifice for the sake of herself and her family, regardless of what the men might want or need.

It's interesting that of all the husbands of the sisters, it's actually Ki Joon who comes off looking the best in the end. He may have started by being a playboy brat, but once he falls in love with GT, his motives are pure in wanting what's best for his wife, and yet also balancing the needs of his brother as well. He doesn't commit adultery or get seduced by other women, virtual or real.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@Nohamahmoud2002and @LaLa, are you watching any other daily or weekenders?

Btw, the cast was pretty solid all the way around, with special props to Yoon Joo Sang who is a respected veteran actor who is getting more recognition now from knetz as the exceptional father Chul Soo in this drama.

However, the actor who was really impressive here was actually Sa Chae. He wasn't the best looking or had the biggest role, but he definitely demonstrated one of the widest ranges in terms of his acting.

Sa Chae went from being just a minion of his loan shark boss in a vaguely threatening way, and eventually was shown to be fiercely loyal to his boss with good reasons, as well as loyal and protective of his little brother whom he reclaimed from the orphanage where they grew up as soon as he could and then raised. He was a friend to KJ, even when he thought KJ was going off the rails. Through the drama, he went from broad comedy to deeply emotional, making it look sincere and without looking forced or "acted". The actor's name is Go Geon Han, and I'm looking forward to his future projects.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I am watching Be my dream family, but it is boring

I am looking forward to the weekend drama, Young Lady and Gentleman..

I've caught some episodes of Be My Dream Family, but didn't think there was enough going on to start a thread to discuss them. Also, I think it's coming to an end anyway?

Will have to check out Young Lady and Gentleman. Will see you on that thread! 

• Party! 1
On 9/22/2021 at 1:52 AM, stroppyse said:

@LaLa, are you watching any other daily or weekenders?

No, not at the moment. I think I'll try to watch first few episodes of Young Lady and Gentlemen to see whether it can pull me in or not. The age gap between the supposed main lead when they got paired as couple didn't really make me interest but I'll give it a try.. I haven't watched any dailies since my last one Person who gave me Happiness (?)

I wonder if there's no weekend drama from MBC and SBS anymore? They have just forgone and made new time slot for that allocated time? I remembered about 2 ~3 years ago I still watched an MBC weekend drama :pandathink:

• Like 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

So, the only question I have left about this drama really is Gwang Nam's birth father. He obviously was curious to see his daughter. And, GN's lawyer husband is going to get him a retrial and possibly get him declared innocent. I know that BH has also asked the birth father to stay away from his wife. And, GN was lied to by CS that her birth father had died. It just makes me wonder whether the truth wouldn't come out at some point or not? I thought the way they "tied" up this plot line was really unsatisfactory.

@LaLa @Nohamahmoud2002 what do you all think?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

I am wondering about something else. I remember there was a mystery surrounding the death of CS's wife. Was it cleared or did I miss sth?

She ultimately died because she was trying to set up an accident to collect on some insurance or something, and it went wrong. Think she was plotting with her lover, and they finally found out because of some calls that had been recorded on the lovers phone, I think. Anyway, that bit just fizzled out after it had given the daughters reason to be unspeakably mean to their father.

• Thanks 1
On 9/27/2021 at 9:18 AM, stroppyse said:

So, the only question I have left about this drama really is Gwang Nam's birth father. He obviously was curious to see his daughter. And, GN's lawyer husband is going to get him a retrial and possibly get him declared innocent. I know that BH has also asked the birth father to stay away from his wife. And, GN was lied to by CS that her birth father had died. It just makes me wonder whether the truth wouldn't come out at some point or not? I thought the way they "tied" up this plot line was really unsatisfactory.

@LaLa @Nohamahmoud2002 what do you all think?

I think he did meet with Gwang Nam face to face after he got released from the prison? The man who helped to pick up the ball at the playground? CS lied to GN by saying that that man died maybe because that man is an ex convict? No matter whether he's guilty or not, he did spend time in jail and maybe to CS it's better for GN to not find out about the truth? And when BH asked him to not approach GN, I think they just want to close the opportunity if someday the real truth comes knocking on them. I think GN won't looking for the man since she believed the lies that he's dead for several years before. 

• Like 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

3 hours ago, LaLa said:

I think he did meet with Gwang Nam face to face after he got released from the prison? The man who helped to pick up the ball at the playground? CS lied to GN by saying that that man died maybe because that man is an ex convict? No matter whether he's guilty or not, he did spend time in jail and maybe to CS it's better for GN to not find out about the truth? And when BH asked him to not approach GN, I think they just want to close the opportunity if someday the real truth comes knocking on them. I think GN won't looking for the man since she believed the lies that he's dead for several years before. 

I agree that's what happened in the drama, however, I don't think it's right.

CS and the aunt know the truth about GN's father being freed from prison. CS then deliberately lied to GN about her father.  BH probably knows that the man is GN's father which is why he warns him away from his wife. And there was a vague suggestion there that BH would help him with his retrial if the man stayed away from his wife.

As you say, however, the man in the playground scene looks at GN probably because he wanted to see his daughter before he walks away. This is unlike GS' father who probably had never gone looking. Or GT's father who was trying to take advantage of his daughter.

It should be GN's choice as to whether she meets her birth father or not, rather than because she's been lied to and kept protected by the men and adults in her life. She's an adult as well and a parent. This was the only thing about the ending that struck a sour note with me.

• Like 1