One the Woman 원 더 우먼 [2021]

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love Fiery Priest, Mine, and Graceful Family... so it seems like I really have to give this drama a go... but my plate is rather full now... oootokeee?? 

I am having the same problem. Like running a marathon! 

ooo thanks @LaLa.  Let me see how I can all this in :hug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@ktcjdrama The crazy elements from Fiery Priest, like the lead who has a lot of temper is definitely the fun part in this drama so far. Chaebol family fighting for gaining the highest position while using dirty tricks in Graceful family, you can also find it. What I like is that because our focus in this story is the female lead, you get the woman power from Mine. And sometimes there is short comment here and there which gives you touching feelings,  so I really enjoyed the first 4 episodes so far. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am having the same problem. Like running a marathon! 

ooo thanks @LaLa.  Let me see how I can all this in :hug:

You know, I think binge watching this drama won't be a problem because it's quite fun. Maybe once you both cleared up your watching schedule then you can pick this up? For me because I haven't any long watching list currently, that's why I have no problem in watching this :GrowDerp:

Don't read the below part because it contained spoilers. But read away if you want :D

-----

Hoo another interesting development in ep 4. I hope the story will develop slowly but steady because it's really fun to piece the puzzle one by one. 

We got a short backstory why male lead wanted to go back and have a revenge on his paternal side of family. And the supposed heiress, Mi Na fled away from the country by riding a boat with a help from a criminal that are being chased down by our badass prosecutor, Yeon Ju. When Yeon Ju got chosen as the chairwoman, inheriting her father position after practically black mailing and threatening the board directors with their dirty secrets, many people start to feel uneasy.

And slowly her memories as prosecutor seems to crawling back because she keeps have to deal with prosecutor and legal terms because of people who want to make her fell down by framing Mi Na and want to put her inside the jail. Those people don't know what they're handling with a crazy prosecutor :laugh: 

Moreover, they still don't realise that it's a different people all together. Are they really people who watched her like a hawk or just imagine her meek and timid personality as something from their imagination? I swear this chaebol people think they're above anything but can't even distinguish people from one to another. :idk:

And Seung Wook, he's not that pure in helping Yeon Ju to pose as Mi Na because he wants to use her for his own gain. However both seems to have a soft spot for each other, so we can't cross the romance department in this drama too. :thinking:

Moreover, I want to know whether Yeon Ju is really the heiress from a gangster or it's just a fake identity she made so that she could investigate what happened to her grandmother hit and run accident years ago and what's with that blurry past she had related to her father. So much things to be solved and even though I have to lower my expectation for the drama because it's still in the early stages, I can't help but want this drama to be a hit! Reaching 12% rating for episode 4 is quite a feat. And also the epilogue scenes are also a fun part. Apparently Mi Na is enjoying her life in some beach in another country where Yeon Ju has to work hard to save Mi Na position in SK. :MewGiggle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

I was just curious what is this about so I tried 1 episode. I ffd a lot but I didnt lose track to whats going on. So these two doppelganger or later on there woulld be some secret birth trope like CHJ is actually the twin sister of KMN. The old KMN was so frustrating to watch. But it becomes really fun once they switch place. The fiesty KMN is trully entertaining. She's clever and cool. I like it. Hahaha. I really dont like the makjang parts they play here, but I can skip that fast, the female lead is just so charismatic, a gangster style. Haha. Also, LSY is quite long time I dont see him. I guess last time I watched him when he was in Jibsabu. 

Anyway, I love to see how new KMN tramples those cunning hypocrites around her and find the real culprit of her accident. It seems the real KMN is hiding on purpose. Did she plan all of this?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Did she plan all of this?

Did she plan the supposed accident for her to hit someone else whose looks is similar to her? I don't think so. But the plan to get away from her hellish life at her living place? Yes I believe she is.. 

It's quite funny really this drama. I enjoyed all of it and I really prefer Yeon Ju over the meek and silent Mi Na. 

-----

I thought by the end of ep 4 Yeon Ju has figured out that she used to be a prosecutor. But then she thought herself as a con artist who are quick to tell lies and made up stories. :laugh:

Han family is slowly getting suspicious of her, especially when they are trying to kill Mi Na with her allergies but it didn't work, they will become instantly curious.. The villain eldest sister is getting braver in making her hands dirty with people blood. 

What made me curious was about the epilogue. It was shown the culprit to the factory arson years ago was Yeon Ju father and he is still serving in the prison for it. Did he really do that? Or did he get pay from the current Han chairman so that he could take the position from Seung Wook father back then? :thinking: 

• Like 4

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

I forgot that even young Mi Na and young Yeon Ju also had the same face. I guess Seung Wook mistook teenage Yeon Ju whom he met on the hospital rooftop on the day of his father death with teenage Mi Na who was hospitalised due to her trying to kill herself because of the bad treatment from her family.. because almost everything that comforts him back then, he got it back from Yeon Ju. And he couldn't help but being soft to her despite saying no to her request. He might grumble but still come to her help.. 

I can't wait until Yeon Ju regained her memories back. While it's fun to see her pretending to be Mi Na, I want to see her real self while tackling the whole chaebol affairs with her 100% capabilities and ability. It would be funnier to see it. :laugh:

• Like 3

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

On 10/2/2021 at 6:00 PM, LaLa said:

Did she plan the supposed accident for her to hit someone else whose looks is similar to her? I don't think so. But the plan to get away from her hellish life at her living place? Yes I believe she is.. 

I believe she just planned to run away from her toxic people. But who hit her with that car? The eldest sister or the prosecutor who after YJ?

It's quite funny really this drama. I enjoyed all of it and I really prefer Yeon Ju over the meek and silent Mi Na

After done wirh ep 6, it seems like they switch places mamy years ago?? They show us some flashback of young MN and her CIL. It seems kang mi na that he thinks is too similar to current KMN which is YJ. I do prefer JY than MN, she's quick-witted and never let anyone else bully her. I love that her charm!

I thought by the end of ep 4 Yeon Ju has figured out that she used to be a prosecutor. But then she thought herself as a con artist who are quick to tell lies and made up stories. :laugh:

Ikr! She tricked me. Lols. Probably still ealy for her to remember that. I hope she won't get caught so soon. I still wanna see how she pulled out some tricks to het away from disadvantages situations she'd face. 

What made me curious was about the epilogue. It was shown the culprit to the factory arson years ago was Yeon Ju father and he is still serving in the prison for it. Did he really do that? Or did he get pay from the current Han chairman so that he could take the position from Seung Wook father back then?

I ffd too quick, but I remember the two guys who keep following YJ during her stakeout. These guys visits her grandmother's urn and explained that how poor she is, her son is in jail (I think he refers to JY's dad as in the epilogue?) and as it doesnt enough that now JY is also missing. The real culprit would be from Hanju's company, could be the chairman or anyone of them. I see from the cast chart, there are three chaebol group here, Hanju, Yumin and Yeo Ju? I heard of the first two unless the last. Will YJ starts up her own company later? Lols

• Like 3
On 10/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

I believe she just planned to run away from her toxic people. But who hit her with that car? The eldest sister or the prosecutor who after YJ?

It's the chaebol eldest daughter. She ordered someone to kill Mi Na, however because they looked so similar with eachother, that driver mistook Yeon Ju as Mi Na and hit her instead. The prosecutor who's looking after Yeon Ju is her superior and he's worried that Yeon Ju was digging around something bad he did by losing the criminal and con man Lee Bong Shik and wanted to expose that probably. 

On 10/3/2021 at 10:27 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

After done wirh ep 6, it seems like they switch places mamy years ago?? They show us some flashback of young MN and her CIL. It seems kang mi na that he thinks is too similar to current KMN which is YJ. I do prefer JY than MN, she's quick-witted and never let anyone else bully her. I love that her charm!

I personally think that flashback that Seung Wook had everything he came across with something that brought comfort to him from his past memories, it wasn't with Mi Na but with Yeon Ju. At first I also thought that it was Mi Na, but it was too much coincidence for Yeon Ju to re-do everything the same with the girl in Seung Wook memory unless it was her past self. No matter even if her memories was currently locked at the moment, her unconscious mind and body would probably remember what she experienced and had to do with her life. If not then how can they explained her good fighting abilities? :laugh:

And about this, epilogue in ep 7 will gave you more clear explanation. I knew that my suspicions are proved already. 

-----

So in ep 7 drama is going to put romance and probably love triangle into the mixed into the upcoming episodes. While I do like Yu Jun for his quick mind and good characteristics so far as prosecutor and as Yeon Ju friends, I am already rooting for Yeon Ju and Seung Wook to be together. Not because of the teenager backstory, but for their current interaction so far. Now that Yeon Ju has started to find out about her old self, I hope she can be more pro active in bringing down the corrupted chaebol and used the power she had while impersonating Mi Na for good cause. 

Interesting facts that Yeon Ju was supposedly had Kang as her family name but she changed it to Cho / Jo because she didn't want to be related with her father who got imprisoned for the arson case of Hanju Factory years ago. What if Mi Na and Yeon Ju are actually twins that got separated by birth? We never got the story about Yeon Ju mother after all. It would be a very common makjang story but I'm looking forward to find it out. So far the story was still fun because of the comedy antics that beautifully done by Lee Ha Nee. Together with Lee Sang Yoon and Kim Chang Wan when they were arguing it made the drama much more fun. I could care less about the chaebol because most of them are useless. On the other hand, Ms Kim the head maid is another interesting person that I want to find out more. :thinking:

And it looks like the drama has gained stable popularity with SK citizens because it latest episode hit 15% :Party01: Congratulations to casts and staffs.. Let's keep doing good until the end of drama!

• Like 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Just stumbled on this drama and now I'm starting to binge it, even though I have no time to binge anything! On ep 5 now, and have to take a break for RL so thought I would write some thoughts down.

Lee Ha Nui is pretty fantastic as Yeon Ju, both with her memories and without, and she is totally awesome in her fight scenes. She also handles herself differently as Kang Mi Na, even though we haven't had much of a chance to see her as Mi Na.

So, YJ is the daughter of a gang leader who is currently serving time in jail. His minions were the ones who helped YJ pass her bar exams with the thought that having a prosecutor to back them up can help them rise again as a powerful gang. However, YJ's father wanted YJ to be a prosecutor so that she wouldn't have to live a criminal life.

YJ was willing to go along in her prosecutor's division doing the smaller cases until she realized that her boss thought she was a total pushover of a fool, even labeling her on his phone that way (ho gu #3). That was the last bit that caused her to decide that she was going to claw her way to the top of the food chain, being smart and ruthless about getting what she wants. What I'm not entirely sure of is whether YJ had actually been a crooked prosecutor or just acting like one in order to bring down corruption. They show other characters who see her in both lights while not really elucidating what her long game was.

Anyway, YJ is a total fighter, smart and fast with a bad temper that she lets fly when it suits her. It's a refreshing change from all the nepotism running through both Yumin and Hanju Groups. Given that this is supposed to a reflection of SK chaebols in general, albeit caricatured, it's amazing that SK companies actually work at all. Or maybe that's the point, that they don't work without the collusion of the politicians and the law working on their behalf, ergo totally rigging the system?

One of the reasons I decided to pick this up was that it featured Lee Won Geun back from his military service. He's one of the characters that I'm having a hard time figuring out as yet. Unlike YJ, there is no ambivalence to Ahn Yoo Jun. Coming from a wealthy background himself, he's a prosecutor who doesn't really care about promotion or gathering riches and power, so he's incorruptible. That he is willing to work closely with YJ seems to speak to YJ being on the side of the angels in wanting to bring down corruption as well. However, AYJ seems vastly underutilized in his role here.

Then again, Lee Sang Yoon may be underutilized as well. This drama, for me anyway, is almost a single hander bravura performance by Lee Ha Nui thus far. Still, I'm enjoying seeing her rip to pieces all these "genteel" people who are actually pretty evil, petty, cruel, and think nothing except their own money and power.

One last thought about Kang Mi Na. It seems that she was making plans on escaping her restrictive life, so KMA was also not exactly the obedient puppet that she presented to everyone. I hope that she has escaped to a different life for herself.

The one thing I couldn't figure out was Han Seung Wook's connection with Kang Mi Na, but seeing the spoiler that SW may have actually met YJ who comforted him, then mistaken MN later on as the girl that he had felt a connection with makes sense to me.

Anyway, since I don't really have a k-drama to watch right now, guess this will become one for me to watch.

Btw, "One the Woman" sounds a lot like "Wonder Woman", especially when said with the Korean accent. So, basically, this is a very punny title.

On 9/26/2021 at 3:25 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Yeah, I think I will start this when one of my dramas finished... As it is, I dazedly started a weekend drama "A Gentleman and A Young Lady" :pandaheadstomp: It's kinda like The Sound of Music setting.

I still think that "A Gentleman and a Young Lady" feels more like Parasite then The Sound of Music. But, I guess I will comment on that drama in that thread. I'm not sure how vested I am in the story so will have to decide whether I'm going to continue that or not.

• Like 2

I just started this last night and binged till ep.3 so far. Had to rewind some of the dialogue to read the sub clearly because a lot of them speak so fast, haha... Enjoyed it very much and would’ve continued on if not because my eyes were too tired to remain open. 

Will come back to read the thread and post comments after I am all caught up. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I can't believe it, but I'm caught up!!!

Wow, so it was young YJ who gave comfort to young SW. She just had a hospital top on because a kind hospital staff member gave her a clean top to change into since she was all bloody. I started thinking it was actually YJ anyway because of the similarities to the flashbacks that SW experiences, but it's nice to have actual confirmation as well.

And, YJ regained her memory! Yay! It was fun when YJ didn't realize who she was, but went guns ablazing anyway, but I could sense her growing frustration with herself, so I'm glad that she's recovered her memories.

I'm actually rather sad for Yu Jun who has been such a good friend and support for Yeon Joo for so long. It wasn't entirely clear to me that he had romantic feelings for Yeon Joo, but he definitely is jealous of SW. Plus, Yeon Joo forgot all about Yu Jun while she was with SW.

The issue around Yeon Joo's father setting the fire to the Hanju Fashion factory still has to be resolved. I wonder if YJ's father is taking the fall for the real villain, namely, the Song Hye or her father, in return for enough money for YJ to go to college and become a lawyer? I understand the father was the leader of the Nammun Gang so not an entirely nice guy, but I don't think he's the one who actually torched the factory which caused SW's father to die.  Though, I may be saying that through process of elimination. If YJ and SW are the end game, then they wouldn't put such a major obstacle to them being together in a relatively light-hearted rom-com?

I also want Kang Mi Na to come back and show herself rather than staying away in China or wherever the boat took her. Because she grew up being abused, she just took it all until she couldn't and then could only think to run away. However, it would be better for MN to come back and take her place and kick both her own family and her in-law family to the curb.

Plus, I'm still curious whether YJ and MN are twins or at least sisters/first cousins. I know the family lawyer said that it was impossible, but who knows what really happened. Though, YJ and MN's personalities are so different, that perhaps they are just meant to be dopplegangers rather than actual blood relations.

Anyway, Lee Ha Nui continues to impress in the role, and I can't wait to watch the next episodes. Now, I'm almost wishing that I had waited until all the episodes were released before I started binging... :lmao2:

• Like 2

I am all caught up too!! :eeeee:This drama is easy to follow and has great pacing with no boring moments. @abs-oluteM Come watch this soon. It's really fun and exciting.

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

If YJ and SW are the end game, then they wouldn't put such a major obstacle to them being together in a relatively light-hearted rom-com?

I also think that it couldn't be her father setting the place on fire. Must be the person driving the car that hit her grandmother. However, I still couldn't think of why her father agreed to take the fall and admit to it.

I also want Kang Mi Na to come back and show herself rather than staying away in China or wherever the boat took her. Because she grew up being abused, she just took it all until she couldn't and then could only think to run away. However, it would be better for MN to come back and take her place and kick both her own family and her in-law family to the curb.

Me too. Could it be that she doesn't know yet about the death of her whole family? I think once she knows of her change in status, she will surely come back. Or at least for SW to finally find her and bring her back. She still holds some key information that she is supposed to tell him, so I'm expecting her return.

I'm still curious whether YJ and MN are twins or at least sisters/first cousins. I know the family lawyer said that it was impossible, but who knows what really happened. Though, YJ and MN's personalities are so different, that perhaps they are just meant to be dopplegangers rather than actual blood relations.

Same here. Maybe the father in prison is not really YJ's father and that birth secret is part of the reason why he agreed to go into prison, like to ensure the birth secret will not be revealed? YJ will have to go back to her original place as prosecutor, and someone needs to be Yumin's CEO. So MN will need to come back. There should be an explanation later because both of them are now highly profiled person. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@abs-oluteM Come watch this soon. It's really fun and exciting

I honestly would but then I don't have time right now. I am going back to work on site , so less time then before . Let me see how I can juggle it all. I wish all dramas are on IQIYI than I can watch it at 1.5 speed. :hug:

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I honestly would but then I don't have time right now. I am going back to work on site , so less time then before . Let me see how I can juggle it all. I wish all dramas are on IQIYI than I can watch it at 1.5 speed. :hug:

I definitely feel you! Once I started traveling for work, it seriously cut into viewing time. Watch when you get a chance. Since you liked The Fiery Priest, I think you're going to like this drama as well. Not the same production team, but it has a similar feel to it. As @ktcjdramasaid, it's a lot of fun and an easy watch, though there are some awkward bits like the transitions. Because I started watching this drama cold, I didn't realize that I was watching 2 women who were dopplegangers going about their lives. Rather, I initially thought that the FL was living a double life as a combative prosecutor who turns into dutiful chaebol DIL in her off hours. LOL. I know that doesn't make sense since there is really no way to pull that off, though eventually the female lead tries to pull something similar off. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Oh yay! More friends to watch the drama! Glad that you've caught up @ktcjdrama and hi to @stroppyse.. I thought I'll have to talk to empty spaces for awhile hahaha.. I'm glad you both enjoying the drama so far. 

With Yeon Ju got her memories back, they're going to step up the game for sure. She need to be opened about her father's identity to Seung Wook first, but I think there's possibility that Yeon Ju's dad took the blame for the arsonist while the real culprit was the other person (probably the current chairman or Seung Hye). They have to come clean towards each other before they can work together to bring down Hanju. 

It'll be interesting to see the rest of Chaebol family to move instead of just being on the background. Not that I want to have a makjang festival, but they are too silent for my liking. I'd like to see more Ms Kim and Mr Noh tough. They are so witty with their comments but quite helpful for our duo. And I hope we don't need an unnecessary love triangle between Yeon Ju, Seung Wook and Yu Jun. Together they can bring down the dirty people faster.

• Like 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

With Yeon Ju got her memories back, they're going to step up the game for sure. She need to be opened about her father's identity to Seung Wook first, but I think there's possibility that Yeon Ju's dad took the blame for the arsonist while the real culprit was the other person (probably the current chairman or Seung Hye). They have to come clean towards each other before they can work together to bring down Hanju. 

Oooh, we think alike! I also think that the real culprit will be Hanju, though not sure if it's the chairman or the grandfather who gave the position to the chairman after SW's death. Anyway, it's definitely mixed up with Hanju.

Also, it seems as if SW's father's death may be fishy as well. He may not have been an innocent victim caught up in it all.

I am expecting YJ to be as forthright about things to SW as she has been about almost everything else in her life. But they need to clear things between them so that they can agree to bring Hanju and the real arsonist/murderer down.

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

Not that I want to have a makjang festival, but they are too silent for my liking.

I'm not sure that they are silent so much as ineffective and too narcissistic to have much of a role in anything. The drama makes the comment that nepotism is a very bad thing for companies after all. Either they are extremely ineffective as in the Yumin Group, or they barely check in at work like Hanju Group (aside from the chairman and his daughter who actually runs things).

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

I'd like to see more Ms Kim and Mr Noh tough.

Ms. Kim is an interesting character. She must have seen plenty and knows a lot having working in the Han household for so long, and she mostly seems to stay neutral, but I think she is starting to pick sides. She clearly has a lot of affection for SW.

As for Mr. Noh, I think he's hilarious, and the bromance with him and SW is entertaining as is the way he treats YJ.

8 hours ago, LaLa said:

And I hope we don't need an unnecessary love triangle between Yeon Ju, Seung Wook and Yu Jun. Together they can bring down the dirty people faster.

I would be happy to forgo any actual romance in order to keep the three of them working together! I like YJ a lot so I don't want his heart broken, at least not while I'm watching. However, SW and YJ are clearly meant together, even with their flashback scenes of their youth.

• Like 2

Story progression is still going well. I thought the flashbacks are well done and inserted appropriately in the story. It is shown to us little by little, but a definite confirmation about who SW really fell for and why. Same goes for why YJ fell for him. Of course it only happened in drama where that one special night sealed the deal for matters of the heart. It wasn't even an encounter that lasted a long time. Only a few minutes and few sentences exchanged, yet the impression was etched so deep affecting their perspective of life and how they continued their life.  

I like that the romance is being developed yet it doesn't take away focus on the main story. That eldest sister is the true sinister in this whole position and power struggle. The father is no better though. I can see how these two would be the ones bringing each other down, lol...

Forgot to add... my only complain for this drama is: Can they please go easier on the makeup and lipstick on LSY? There are so many scenes where his lips are even more tinted than LHN's lips. Choose another (darker) shade please! LOL

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Actually @ktcjdrama, I think because of the romance the main story has become a little bit forgotten. Ep 9 we saw that with regaining her old memories Yeon Ju became conflicted with her feelings for Seung Wook. She came clean about her past to him and kind of forgot the double life she's currently living in. She thought she got the upper hand by catching Bong Shik, but the chaebol worked harder and buried him deep under by killing him. Although I'm no complaining that within 2 episodes both finally understood and remembered the young selves of the two were actually important in shaping the man and woman they have become now. And agreed that the flashback was inserted beautifully between the present time. Now that it has gotten clear, I hope we can just focus in the present time and dealing with the current problems on hand tough. The young Seung Wook is actually quite handsome. Hope to see him more in the future lol.

We got a clear scenes that Yu Jun has feelings for her and Yeon Ju wasn't obvious about it and already saying no to him for several times, however he can't just stop his feelings and affections towards her even when he wanted to. I guess Yeon Ju didn't want to cut ties with Yu Jun either because she's already comfortable and found comforts in him as a friend. Because of her father's crime, she didn't have any friends that she can confide and probably lead a lonely life. Having a precious friends and junior in Yu Jun who can just see her as herself, it must be precious to her. Yu Jun too admits that he couldn't anything about her feelings towards him. I hope they can just work together now to bring down all those annoying and corrupt chaebols.

From the epilogue of ep 9, we saw that Mi Na has entered SK again after the news of Lee Bong Shik death was announced to the public. I wonder if we will see her soon entering the stage. Yeon Ju's fake cover as Mi Na too will come to end soon. Seung Won found out about the medicine and from the preview of ep 11 seemed to confront her about it. Seung Hye wants to do some DNA test, based on the preview. And Yeon Ju in her drunken state even told it to her chief, which actually not a preferable situation either because he's a sly one.  

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

I was laughing at the last scene for ep 12.. I laughed because of the potential birth secret that I kind imagined of really did happen and felt a little dumbfounded about how the drama is going to be. :pandaheadstomp: Although we have yet to see the full scenes of what's happening between the period of getting the sample until the result of DNA test, there's still a possibility that maybe a new player has come to help Yeon Ju and Seung Wook to take down the Chairan Han and Seung Hye. I suspect that the new female secretary of Seung Hye might be a mole that planted by Seung Wook and reported her doings to him. If not that the secretary won't have a special short air time or being introduced in the middle of the series, while the evil secretary is still working and doing dirty deeds for Seung Hye. 

Or... Mi Na was actually staying low while also working behind the scenes? She was the one who planted that new secretary in Seung Hye's camp? :thinking: In previous epilogues we're shown that she has gotten back to SK after all. So she exchanged the sample of Yeon Ju for her own and made the result shown that it's true that Kang Mi Na is related to the late Chairman Kang while she was still hiding. At least with this, Yeon Ju won't be in a difficult situation... :pandathink:

I'm glad that finally we also got the full story of the fire incidents and the 70% of the truth of what's happening that day. There's still probably another flashback for the fire incident until we can see the real culprit behind the arson in the factory and why Seung Wook's father was trapped in the location, but I think we can narrow down the suspect to either Seung Hye or Chairman Han. Evil secretary might be the one who did the execution, but the order for the fire was probably between the two. While at first I want to think that Chairman Han was the culprit, I think the mastermind was probably Seung Hye. That woman is really evil. :pandadisgusted: I think she probably also the one who was behind the death of her own brother, based on the fact that Seung Won became so terrified of her when she showed something to him and threatening him when he tried to act out against her, thinking that he was going to win some opportunity in gaining some position in Hanju company. 

The chief prosecutor was either too full with himself or quite stupid when he revealed his suspicions about Yeon Ju to Yu Jun. :idk: He thought with his power as the Chief Prosecutor, he could put a pressure on Yu Jun, without even knowing whether Yu Jun is on Yeon Ju's side or just acting by himself. He's too rash to bury his own fault without checking the fact first At first I thought he would be just a comedy part since Yeon Ju has no longer the amnesia act and comedic scenes, but the comedy has shifted to the sashimi uncles LOL. They are really acting as if they are Yeon Ju uncles and looking out for her potential boyfriend. Mr Noh also do the same to Seung Wook when he's saying that Seung Wook is too good for Yeon Ju. He might grumble here and there but actually he cares about the two and rooting for the to be together. :MewGiggle:

4 episodes left and we're finally going to the last confrontation between Seung Wook, Yeon Ju and Seung Hye.. I hope the baddies will get their own due punishment and we can find the truth about it at last. I'm glad that Yeon Ju got a closure with her grandma at least when she was under the hypnosis. 

• Like 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

I'm not caught up on this drama as yet. RL got a bit hectic, but I'm catching up. I haven't gotten to the point where Kang Mi Na comes back into SK. Though if she's back, I hope that she teams up with Yeon Ju to do someone about the evil Chairman Han and Seung Hye, though I think that Seung Hye is definitely the more evil one.

As I suspected, my heart is breaking for poor Yu Jun. He's actually confessed to Yeon Ju several times, but has been rejected each time. I thikn @LaLathat you're right that while she's dismissive of Yu Jun's feelings for her, she isn't ready to let go of him either since she doesn't have many friends or people who accept her just as she is, flaws and all, while Yu Jun does. Plus, he's also a very competent prosecutor who isn't looking to backstab her or anyone else, unlike so many others in the prosecution service.

Yu Jun also can't seem to cut personal ties with Yeon Ju since he can't help the way he feels, plus Yeon Ju reaches out to him constantly as well. Still, it seems that now that Seung Won is in Yeon Ju's life, Yu Jun seems to be trying to be respectful of that. However, I'm glad that he's still a part of the team to bring down the evil people in Hanju and the corruption in the Prosecution service.

I think part of my issue with this drama may be that the romance may actually be the weakest element to this drama. And, I kind of like the second male lead better than the first male lead.

However, I do like the pacing of this drama. I'm glad that things are not kept secret for overly long, straining coincidences to try to keep the story going.

I wonder about the DNA test. We've speculated that Yeon Ju and Mi Na may have been twins who were separated for some reason. What if Yeon Ju's DNA test comes back positive for a relationship with MN's father, the Chairman of Yumin Group? Or if MN does swap her DNA for Yeon Ju's, but it comes out that MN is not the Chairman's birth daughter after all?

• Like 2

Okay so this drama isn't going to go on full out makjang with birth secret that I suspected at first.. :laugh: But my suspicions regarding the new female secretary was right. Only the mistake that I made by not thinking for the possibility that Mi Na might get a complete plastic surgery to hide her own face. I just now only remember that when the scene when she got back to SK, she was looking at Yeon Ju' face, which was also her old face. We didn't get shown about her new face, just her back. 

I'm glad that by the end of episode 14 we have gotten almost 100% about the accident of that day 14 years ago. Sung Hye was just pure evil woman who only think about herself. Maybe her action might be fueled by how her own father treated her. The way of old people thinking that woman can't inherit the family business and just a stepping stone for her own brothers later to rise. Aigoo... Who knows if she wasn't treated that way, maybe she wouldn't become a psycho like this? :thinking:

Anyway, now we have seen all the crucial players entering the scenes. Mi Na's cover got discovered by Sung Hye and Yeon Ju and Seung Wook also found out about it. I hope now instead of working from different side, they can work together to take down Seung Hye. Ms Kim too finally has started to chosen sides instead of staying neutral. I think the recording in that old pen will become another crucial part to bring down Seung Hye. I wonder why Secretary Park really did everything for Seung Hye without asking anything in return. In the current time, he did it because she helped him covering the fact that he was the one who burned down the factory. However, wasn't he only a secretary and it was for her father secretary not hers years ago? Did she brainwashed secretary Park or did something other else with some drugs that he become so obedient and willing to do all the dirty deeds for her? :pandathink:

We're down to the last 2 episodes.. Did I miss any secrets that haven't got revealed? Hmm...

Anyway the drama has surely gotten the attention from K-citizen. Saturday night episode scored the highest rating yet for the drama, average for nationwide with 16.9%. It also successfully continued its streak as the most-watched miniseries of the entire week. :Party02:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

I still haven't watched episode 14. I was afraid that it was going to do the classic k-drama thing of making everything look bleak for the good guys. However, it doesn't sound too bad from what you've written @LaLa. Thanks!

I'm still enjoying this drama, but it just doesn't seem as tight and as engaging as the earlier episodes. I think part of the issue for me is the romance isn't all that romantic? I mean, I would be just as happy without an actual romance, even though that's part of the motivation for Seung Wook to engage with Yeon Ju so quickly when he's usually reserved and suspicious by nature.

On 10/30/2021 at 10:03 PM, LaLa said:

I hope now instead of working from different side, they can work together to take down Seung Hye.

Yes! Seung Hye is pure evil!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm still enjoying this drama, but it just doesn't seem as tight and as engaging as the earlier episodes. I think part of the issue for me is the romance isn't all that romantic? I mean, I would be just as happy without an actual romance,

Same here. Still enjoy the drama but not compelled to comment much on it. I also think the romance part isn’t that captivating. I will be fine without it also. Not feeling the chemistry, tbh. My only complain still is the make up and lipstick on LSY is too much, that my viewing pleasure is often distracted by it. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm still enjoying this drama, but it just doesn't seem as tight and as engaging as the earlier episodes. I think part of the issue for me is the romance isn't all that romantic? I mean, I would be just as happy without an actual romance, even though that's part of the motivation for Seung Wook to engage with Yeon Ju so quickly when he's usually reserved and suspicious by nature.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Same here. Still enjoy the drama but not compelled to comment much on it. I also think the romance part isn’t that captivating. I will be fine without it also. Not feeling the chemistry, tbh.

To me, the romance part was feel like filler scenes? To connect the past and present relationship between Yeon Ju and Seung Wook. Both were there for each other when they were probably at the lowest point in their life after losing someone they loved on the same day (which also caused by the same culprit). However the romance in the present time, somehow felt a little bit unimportant (?). The friendship and companion between Yeon Ju and Seung Wook are great, but for the romance part... Well not really.. I'll be fine with no romance but I hope their friendship will stay. Let Mr Noh and Ms Kim join and it will be comedic :laugh:Mr Noh with his nonchalant comment and Ms Kim with her straight-forward personality. 

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I still haven't watched episode 14. I was afraid that it was going to do the classic k-drama thing of making everything look bleak for the good guys. However, it doesn't sound too bad from what you've written @LaLa. Thanks!

I hope I'm not ruining you with big spoilers that I wrote after I watched the drama. But yes, the drama surprisingly can still manage the typical chaebol-corrupt officials story in a fresh style. Sung Hye still looks as if she's having the upper hand, but our good teams are preparing to bring her down soon.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

My only complain still is the make up and lipstick on LSY is too much, that my viewing pleasure is often distracted by it. 

Eh why I never noticed this when I watched? :thinking: Maybe because I'm not focusing too much on his make up and lips? When I was watching dramas with sub, I was already busy reading the subs while connecting it with what the characters are saying, their eyes and facial expressions. Maybe I missed that hahaha.. 

Sung Hye character has the potential to be a psychotic woman with evil tendencies but sometimes when her evil side is coming out, it feels a little bit off? Uhm I don't know why or how to describe it exactly in words.. She's scary yes but.. there were parts when it was felt forced (?) or a little bit strange.. 

• Like 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

My only complain still is the make up and lipstick on LSY is too much, that my viewing pleasure is often distracted by it. 

LOL. I think this is a common problem in kdramas, to put their male leads in lipstick? I wonder if it's to draw extra attention to their looks, especially their mouths, hoping people would anticipate kissing scenes? Anyway, I know what you mean about LSY wearing a lot of makeup in this drama, and your comment made me laugh.

Speaking of make up, lipstick, etc, the plastic surgeons who did Kang Mi Na's surgery are AMAZING! They not only gave her a new face, but was able to make her look 10 years younger with the fresh, dewy skin of youth! Lee Ha Nui is beautiful, but the woman who plays KMN post-surgery definitely looks significantly younger than YJ.

33 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Sung Hye character has the potential to be a psychotic woman with evil tendencies but sometimes when her evil side is coming out, it feels a little bit off? Uhm I don't know why or how to describe it exactly in words.. She's scary yes but.. there were parts when it was felt forced (?) or a little bit strange.. 

It's because she's so emotionally unstable, I think, despite her outward calm. She's always felt slighted by her father for being a girl, and she's still desperate for approval and to keep what she feels are rightfully hers. So, she's willing to do anything that she feels she has to, and yet her insecurities are all still there. My thoughts anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1