The Love You Give Me 你给我的喜欢 [2023]

Tofu

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

Zizhu is too precious. Zhou Ruji does not deserve her love. This girl wants nothing but happiness for him that she even helped him plan his confession to Min Hui. As much as the other two boys suffered trying to win back their love, I hope Zhou Ruji suffer just as much. He overlooked her just like Min Hui overlooked him. 

I saw the scene where she set the entire proposal up for him. It takes a much bigger person to be able to do this. I agree that Zhou Ruji will need to work harder and demonstrate more sincerity if he wants to date her.

It looks like we will have a planned proposal first by XQ but his heart had some problems. And it seems he then felt that he shouldn't have proposed as he wasn't sure if he could survive the surgery. So Min Hui ended proposing to him

Awwww our QQ

They watched the live stream of the finale together...ahahah this was cute

Spoiler

• Sad 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Just done watching ep 22. The trio MH-QQ-SQ are just so lovely and fun. The chemistry of the three are just amazing. And will they end in ep 28? Or we still have more. I believe you guys ever told me how many eps this will be but it seems my memory becomes hazzy. I cant remember. Don't they dare to play cheap by making SQ is going to die when their love is finally got back together. 

And my lovely cutie quanquan, aw.. he really feels so sad, he still lives as QQ even the camera off, poor sweet boy, he really acted with heart. Hopefully he will be okay and hope to see him more in fitire dramas. 

And now I get it why they entitled drama with the love you give me. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I finished the series, but I'll be honest, the issue at work dragged on a bit. Once XQ and MH got together, we get less scenes with QQ. I was especially sad about this. This drama is at its best when the three of them are together. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
12 hours ago, Tofu said:

I finished the series, but I'll be honest, the issue at work dragged on a bit. Once XQ and MH got together, we get less scenes with QQ. I was especially sad about this. This drama is at its best when the three of them are together. 

I had the same reaction towards the last 6 episodes.  It was great when they finally got back together- felt like that made up for the torture the drama put us through this past week.  But then the story transitioned to the work stuff and I could've dealt with at least one less ep of that.  It was all handled well... just started to drag.  

I loved the very last scene of the drama, though!  It was great to end with a burst of laughter because really, that has been the best quality of this show - its humor (and of course, adorable Quan Quan).

Spoiler

I mean, really, that moment where Quan Quan is looking into the bassinet and telling the baby how he's going to make sure she lives like a princess and then MH bursts out with, "QQ, I've already told you!  He's a boy!"  LOL.  And then when they ran away from the bassinet, I was just thinking - uh, are you going to leave that baby by itself? - and then it cried and they all looked back and went, "Doh!"  Haha.  Cute family!!

@Alice Wonderland Yes, there are 28 episodes total.

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

The site I was using don't have the subbed episodes for the last 6 episodes. Though I have seen so many spoilers that I practically watched them all on twitter :laugh:

The best part of this show for me was actually Quan Quan and his relationship with Xin Qi ! 

The leads and the cast watched the live stream of the finale together and they covered QQ's eyes during the kiss scenes :GrowDerp:

Gonna miss them. I hope they will work again together. They said they won't mind working together again - a melodrama maybe. Or with QQ as a highschooler . LOL

And this bit ....LOL

If you're a fan of Once We Get Married like me...you'll like this video

• Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Gonna miss them. I hope they will work again together. They said they won't mind working together again - a melodrama maybe. Or with QQ as a highschooler . LOL

And this bit ....LOL

Hope it will happen!! I want to see QQ again!! And yeah these two costars are just amazing, their chemistry are superb! So watching them together in another project is good.

Where is the eng sub for that vid, it's chinese btw, the only wlrds I understand, mommy, er zhaa.. .😄😆 my chinese vocabulary isnt as many as korean one. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Boy. The middle section of this show is so hard to watch. The push and pull is just ridiculous and the way Xin Qi devolves into a caricature is unbearable.

30 episodes is far too long for a rom com. 

• Like 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Boy. The middle section of this show is so hard to watch. The push and pull is just ridiculous and the way Xin Qi devolves into a caricature is unbearable.

30 episodes is far too long for a rom com. 

Yes....this could have been wrapped up with 16 episodes. Thank God for the FF button :GrowDerp:

• Haha 2

Up to ep.24 now... sigh, I am so behind with many of my dramas. This week I barely touched my kdramas...

These two leads have tons of chemistry. So natural and enviable :wow: The later part when they're on good terms and dating, so so so sweeeeet.... gosh, I was smiling all the time seeing these two tease and flirt with each other. 

Love this show, except for the middle part where there's the silly misunderstanding of Min Hui being the one who caused Su Tian's death. And then the childish antics of trying to get back into her good books. Really roll-eyed that part. I mean, it's an accident. How can you blame anyone for what happened? Like not using any common sense at all. In that kind of situation, no one would be thinking of disputing with anyone, but to escape the bus asap. Jia Jun really took it on the wrong person. Go sue the bus company... But I was most disappointed with Xin Qi when after Jia Jun accusation, he actually questioned Min Hui about what actually happened. I supported Min Hui for cutting all ties with him except for work and QQ.

I also love Zhou Ru Ji's love line... I thought his feelings is well developed with all the time that he spends with Zi Zhu and serves him right for having to pursue her now! I enjoy watching these two. Zi Zhu has such bright and positive personality. They will make a good couple. I teared up with the confession rehearsal up on the capsule thing. When she said what he was supposed to say, and then when he was actually confessing his feelings for her looking at her. 

The other couple... sorry, I didn't pay much attention.... Dunno why :laugh: Just not invested in it.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I'm done with it. With the help of the FF button. It's a decent enough piece of fluff with a good ending but 28 episodes is still too many for such a tropey show. Thankfully there wasn't any evil family plotting to separate them. The villainous misogynist was enough of an antagonist and it was good to see the back of him with time to spare. The finale is very good -- much better than most K or C dramas that I've seen in the last 2 years at least.

The leads have good chemistry. Not as spectacular as I was led to believe. :P Acting all round is good. Wang Ziqi is a revelation. He's more versatile than I expected... very much at home with the comedic. His scenes with the cute kid are definitely among my favourite. 

This is one of those rare occasions that I didn't mind the side couples. However, I don't know if the noona romance can stand the test of time but seeing that this is a fairy tale, I shouldn't bring realism into the conversation. I did really like the Doc and Zhuzhu together. I think I liked her more than I liked him because she knew when to stop but she was certainly instrumental in his growth.

Ii would have rated this show a lot higher if it weren't for the silly middle section with the absurd push and pull. Fortunately the last 5 or 6 episodes were watchable and ended on a high note. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

We TV knows that Wang Zi Qi's popularity is soaring.  This compilation they did for him shows his range @40somethingahjumma

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

They will make a good couple. I teared up with the confession rehearsal up on the capsule thing. When she said what he was supposed to say, and then when he was actually confessing his feelings for her looking at her.

Her character arc was probably the one that I didn't think too much about at first but ended up really liking how she handled things when she figured Zhou RJ likes Min Hui. 

• Party! 2

Wang Zi Qi's popularity is soaring.

He has me as a fan now... Charming smile, and he has chin dimple! :wow:

Her character arc was probably the one that I didn't think too much about at first but ended up really liking how she handled things when she figured Zhou RJ likes Min Hui.

Same here. I thought she is going to be a clingy annoying type of person who won't take no for an answer, but I love that she has her principles in dating someone. :heart:

Urgh! That Cheng Qi Rang is such a disgusting scumbag... Then there's that Ding Yi Feng. I am glad that the show take the opportunity to address sexual harassments at workplace. That's probably the only nice point out of the company takeover/buyout arc. Speaking of which, that was probably the biggest eavesdropping device I've ever seen :laugh:

I've finally finished the drama!! Real tear jerker the first half of finale episode, specifically the proposal scene, but all smiles and grins again second half of it. Love the ending scene which is still peppered with cheeky stuff from the boys. Overall, an enjoyable drama which I will recommend to others and might want to rewatch when I need some brighten up. And I especially appreciate that they're not stingy with the kisses between the leads... which never fail to make me wonder, how can no feeling developed between the leads from all those sweet kisses :thinking::smug: 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love