The Real Has Come! 진짜가 나타났다 [2023]

Tofu

Urgh, that Kim Jun Ha is such an annoying character. I clearly don't know much about Korean law, but what right does he have claiming the baby when they are not married? Going around calling YD's mother as Mother-in-law... pffft.... He is so arrogant!

Writer seems to be very determined to make viewers hate TK's mother. I really don't know why she is so against YD, even after a year has passed. We see in the preview too that she is still so furious about Grandma meeting YD. Knowing her background, she should know how to sympathise with YD being a single mother, instead of becoming so angry at her.

I really have no idea how writer is going to resolve these two issues ~ KJH being Real's biological dad and still crazily wanting to claim her, and In-ok having a character transplant becoming public enemy #1.

As for what happen to SJ, I really could care less.

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I was seeing some speculation online as to whether Yeon Doo's mother is actually Tae Kyung's grandmother's long lost daughter, the one she called "Strawberry". That actually makes sense to me that she is, and may provide another plot twist in the future episodes.

Btw, the word for strawberry 딸기 pronounced "ddal-gi" shares the same first syllable as daughter 딸 pronounced "ddal". the grandmother kept asking for strawberries because she was really missing her daughter. It seems that her mother-in-law gave away her daughter so that the family could focus on the son. The grandmother looked for her daughter, but eventually gave up. Since it was her MIL who gave her daughter away, the grandmother probably couldn't even speak about her daughter, and so took to talking about strawberries. I thought that was so sad.

The grandmother, as mean and vicious as she was at the beginning of this drama, is turning into a bit of a rock star in terms of acknowledging her own regrets over how she had treated TK and his mother when they entered the family, and wanting YD and TK to have a chance of their own.

I'm hoping that YD and TK will be able to stand firm against all comers this time rather than being torn apart, though it seems that the idea of being apart is going to raise its head again, at least from the previews.

• Clapping Hands 1

Preview for ep 39 with translation underneath.

TK to his mother: We should just live our lives separately.

TK Mother to YD: I’m going to make sure that you and Tae Kyung can’t be together.

Grandmother at table: How can I be comfortable when I have to be careful around the daughter-in-law all the time?
Note: Don’t look for me. I’ll be gone for a few days.
SJeong: Where could she have gone?
TK: Grandmother, what are you doing?

SG Father: It was definitely this face. (it looks as if SG's birth mother is making an appearance.
SG: Dad!

SJeong: Oh, a baby room?
HW: Could we just take a look, for some inspiration? (meaning ideas on how to do his own baby room)
YD: Well, that is…
Grandmother: Aigoo, my heart. Aigoo.

That's so funny that the grandmother goes to TK and YD's place. :lmao2: I know that there is more angst to come still, but I really hope that TK and YD will have more backers rather than people who want to tear them apart for whatever reason.

• Heart Eyes 1
22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That's so funny that the grandmother goes to TK and YD's place.

Haha, I have been thinking it would be better for her to move in with TK and YD when TK's mother asked the family to choose who to stay in the house. 

Haven't watched ep.38 yet, but ep.37 made my blood boil. There are so many people I want to reach into the screen and smack real hard. This show is turning into makjang, but I'm sticking around for TK-YD-HN.

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

23 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haven't watched ep.38 yet, but ep.37 made my blood boil. There are so many people I want to reach into the screen and smack real hard. This show is turning into makjang, but I'm sticking around for TK-YD-HN.

I think that's true for all of the longer count dramas, e.g. weekenders and dailies. They inevitably add makjang elements to provide more plot points and keep viewers interested.

SBS tried to do a weekend drama called 'Glorious Day' without any makjang elements, and its episode count got cut to 44 episodes and had to wrap up early because its ratings were so disappointing.

23 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haha, I have been thinking it would be better for her to move in with TK and YD when TK's mother asked the family to choose who to stay in the house. 

I've really been pleasantly surprised at the grandmother's evolution.

• Clapping Hands 1

I just read another supposed plot twist which has Ha Neul actually being TK's bio daughter after all. However, I would be upset if that were the case. I feel that what the drama is trying to do to de-stigmatize single motherhood will be a total farce if they tie up the story line with HN being TK's bio daughter after all. Not to mention, I don't see how the time line would actually work.

Wrt the rumor, supposedly, YD doesn't realize that she had miscarried JH's baby, and that when she and TK had gone camping, she had actually gotten pregnant with TK's baby.

Honestly, this seems to me to be the wishful thinking of some k-netizens who want a 'clean' ending without the complication of JH being permanently in their lives, but that seems as if it would be a more realistic way to end it, with TK, YD, and HM being a family, and with JH giving up his parental rights, but having a relationship with his daughter as well.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I'm not sure if anyone else on this site is watching this drama other than me?

• Clapping Hands 1

@stroppyse I am still watching. 
About the theory of Ha Neul being TK’s bio, I think it’s rather a stretch to write that in. I am curious on how they’re going to redeem JH in making him let go of his parental rights on Ha Neul, but anyway, I wonder if he has any right legally if the mother doesn’t even want to have anything to do with him...? Anyway, the show is bringing in a new female character, who could be his mother. Seems like another gold-digger, whom I hope is not the missing “Strawberry” 😱 Maybe this person will play a role in JH relinquishing his parental right. The writer seems to have a way to redeem someone very easily, eg.what happened with In Ok... Too fast too simple? But kinda believable too 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyway, the show is bringing in a new female character, who could be his mother. Seems like another gold-digger, whom I hope is not the missing “Strawberry” 😱 Maybe this person will play a role in JH relinquishing his parental right. The writer seems to have a way to redeem someone very easily, eg.what happened with In Ok... Too fast too simple? But kinda believable too 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm still hoping that YD's mother is "Strawberry".

• Clapping Hands 1
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm still hoping that YD's mother is "Strawberry".

Me too... narratively, it makes more sense. There were scenes in earlier episodes where after the mention of Strawberry, the scene then cut to YD's mother. The new female character introduced could also be a crazy lover/wife of JH, hopefully who will bring his credibility way down as a father to win the custody....? 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Me too... narratively, it makes more sense. There were scenes in earlier episodes where after the mention of Strawberry, the scene then cut to YD's mother. The new female character introduced could also be a crazy lover/wife of JH, hopefully who will bring his credibility way down as a father to win the custody....? 

JH already had a crazy lover in Secretary Jang, the same one who keeps wanting to break up YD and TK, thinking that she could still become TK's wife somehow. Another crazy ex would be even m ore nuts!

Speaking of SJ, how mean and delusional is she? It was good that she finally got that neither TK's grandmother or his mother thought of her as a suitable DIL at all. The whole family including the prospective groom are against her being a suitable partner, so she is the only one who still thinks she has a shot. Heck, she didn't have a shot when the grandmother and the mother were supporting her since the groom didn't want her, but she still persists. I actually dislike how stupid they've made her for the sake of having her be a villain in this story.

Anyone bugged at the position of the baby’s car seat and strange cradle contraption?  I’ve been very distracted with these issues while watching. Find myself telling me shhh ignore it. sometimes mom mode is hard to turn off.

something in the past must have happened between SJ family and TK’s family that harbored so much resentment and determination to ruin TK family.

JH plot in the storyline now hangs the balance and direction of the series.  With the resolution resolved between TKs mom and acceptance of YD. 

Interesting to see which way this will wrap up. I remember Love Twist did make an impossible twist with lovers and kids mixed in the mess ended mellow and happy.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mizv said:

something in the past must have happened between SJ family and TK’s family that harbored so much resentment and determination to ruin TK family.

Indeed. It was mentioned. I can't remember the details, something to the effect of TK's family is saved by SJ's family (Dad loaned money to TK's dad?) but in turn SJ's family got bankrupt, then took them in, but then chased them out when SJ was suspected/misunderstood of trying to hit on TK's brother. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

8 hours ago, Mizv said:

Incredible twists!  KIM JUN HA is granny’s grandchild!!!’  

I am still hoping this is just a scam by the nun sister. She for sure is not a real nun, from the way JH is hating her... The question is, how does she know about the search for Strawberry and how did she get hold of the baby’s clothes... 

KJH is what I will describe as 目中無人 literally translated to “no one in his eyes” meaning he looks down on everyone and considers himself the most important and everyone else beneath him. He shouted at the elders (Grandma, TK and YD mothers, the grandmas at the school, SJ’s father (pushed him too), TK’s father, etc) I don’t even know what to wish to happen to him with such arrogance. If I were Grandma, I would faint too having to discover he is my grandson... Pls let this be not true 😓

Most satisfying episode though as all secrets are out, and seeing JSJ and KJH being thrown out of the office building. Except that, we still have many episodes to go through. What else is in store? 😓

• Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am still hoping this is just a scam by the nun sister. She for sure is not a real nun, from the way JH is hating her... The question is, how does she know about the search for Strawberry and how did she get hold of the baby’s clothes... 

KJH is what I will describe as 目中無人 literally translated to “no one in his eyes” meaning he looks down on everyone and considers himself the most important and everyone else beneath him. He shouted at the elders (Grandma, TK and YD mothers, the grandmas at the school, SJ’s father (pushed him too), TK’s father, etc) I don’t even know what to wish to happen to him with such arrogance. If I were Grandma, I would faint too having to discover he is my grandson... Pls let this be not true 😓

Most satisfying episode though as all secrets are out, and seeing JSJ and KJH being thrown out of the office building. Except that, we still have many episodes to go through. What else is in store? 😓

I'm still here somehow :MewHi:

Today episode was great, the father so charismatic. At first I like the previous actor father better, but this one looks more fitted as businessman.

Btw all the secret from earlier episode out, it was such a long due.. felt like the writer might forgot already about it lols...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I’ve been wondering if you’re still watching 😄 but I have to say this weekend drama is quite different from the usual ones, though they do have some of the mandatory tropes. 

How do you think it's different?

I was thinking that it was a bit more makjang than the weekend dramas have been recently.

I'm not sure how I like the KJH being Grandmother's long lost grandson trope. The nun comes across as a scammer, but who knows where it will go.

I'm glad to see the YD and TK finally accepted and acknowledged by both of their families. I guess still to be resolved are:

- HN's custody

- KJH and sister being the long lost grandchildren of the grandmother

- SJ's twisted ambition and relationship with her father

Regardless of how SJ's family's circumstances changed due to TK's family, it feels odd for SJ to be so determined to become a member of that family, and now want to destroy that family since she finally understands that she won't become a part of it. To be honest, this story line feels tired and stupid.

It was fun to watch both KJH and SJ being ejected from the building by security guards. :lmao2:

• Like 2

How do you think it's different?

Mainly the pacing. No secret was dragged out unnecessarily. But I really hated the dragging of TK's mother being public enemy #1 arc and to have it resolved in like 5 minutes. 

Tbh, I like TK's character - he's been consistent, but I think YD is written very weakly, thus I don't really have a liking to her, even now. Sometimes she is that strong person but sometimes she appears so weak. Just in this latest episode, when TK's father was asking the two of them to tell him everything openly about KJH and JSJ, she "graciously" replied that it's all in the past... I was like screaming inside "Hello!! You're fighting for custody issue for your precious daughter! Every little thing matters. Every past dirt is needed to make KJH unsuitable in getting custody. Don't you know your FIL is trying to help??! It's not time to be a saint, to be so forgiving" 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Mainly the pacing. No secret was dragged out unnecessarily. But I really hated the dragging of TK's mother being public enemy #1 arc and to have it resolved in like 5 minutes. 

Tbh, I like TK's character - he's been consistent, but I think YD is written very weakly, thus I don't really have a liking to her, even now. Sometimes she is that strong person but sometimes she appears so weak. Just in this latest episode, when TK's father was asking the two of them to tell him everything openly about KJH and JSJ, she "graciously" replied that it's all in the past... I was like screaming inside "Hello!! You're fighting for custody issue for your precious daughter! Every little thing matters. Every past dirt is needed to make KJH unsuitable in getting custody. Don't you know your FIL is trying to help??! It's not time to be a saint, to be so forgiving" 

Good points.

Though to be fair to YD, I don't think she understood why TK's father was asking them for the info. She didn't realize that the father wanted to go after KJH and Secretary Jang. I guess that was cleared up for them, however, since it seems that they did tell the father everything after all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have come too far to drop this drama, so I will watch till the end... The arc of KJH fighting for Haneul is just too draggy now. I hate seeing this character on screen yet he took up so much screen time lately. He is not written well. I cannot squeeze out a tiny drop of pity for him at all with his constant threats and vileness towards everyone. With such hatred and detest towards everyone, I am surprised he hasn’t killed anyone yet. A hopeless petulant man-child. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I don't understand that whole YD-KJH relationship actually. He's clearly selfish and I can't imagine that he wouldn't be that way when he and YD were dating, even without cheating on her. Then again, I guess there are plenty of destructive couples, both in dramas and in real life.

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I have come too far to drop this drama, so I will watch till the end... The arc of KJH fighting for Haneul is just too draggy now. I hate seeing this character on screen yet he took up so much screen time lately. He is not written well. I cannot squeeze out a tiny drop of pity for him at all with his constant threats and vileness towards everyone. With such hatred and detest towards everyone, I am surprised he hasn’t killed anyone yet. A hopeless petulant man-child.

I so agree with everything that you've written!

These last few episodes haven't been a lot of fun actually. I'm tired of KJH just yelling at everything, and I'm tired of YD begging with everyone.

• Like 2

I'm tired of KJH just yelling at everything

What I don't understand also is that if he looooongs so much for a family (re. his claim that Haneul is the only blood family he has), why can't he just find a girl to love and create his own family. He can have as many kids as he wants, even form a soccer team with his children. It's not like he can no longer have kids... You know what I mean? This is why I cannot appreciate how his character is written. Why the sudden obsession of Haneul? Of course most of the viewers have agreed that it's more of not wanting to lose against TK, but again, why TK? I really don't understand why a supposedly smart person like JH would think that by barking at each and everyone he meets, he can get love....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

On 9/3/2023 at 7:02 PM, ktcjdrama said:

What I don't understand also is that if he looooongs so much for a family (re. his claim that Haneul is the only blood family he has), why can't he just find a girl to love and create his own family. He can have as many kids as he wants, even form a soccer team with his children. It's not like he can no longer have kids... You know what I mean? This is why I cannot appreciate how his character is written. Why the sudden obsession of Haneul? Of course most of the viewers have agreed that it's more of not wanting to lose against TK, but again, why TK? I really don't understand why a supposedly smart person like JH would think that by barking at each and everyone he meets, he can get love....

I can understand his motivations somewhat, but it's still poorly written.

I think that KJH was already sore at being rejected by SJ because she wanted to marry TK. And, then he finds out that his ex YD who he had discarded actually went to TK as well. His pride just couldn't handle that, not to mention the daughter that he really didn't even know he had.

I can understand him wanting to be in his daughter's life and he seems to think that if he has HN, that YD will also come with her.

Of course, this is all delusional, not to mention that he's not thinking like a father and asking what the best thing would be for his daughter.

Anyway, when does this drama end????? I think I'm ready for the next weekender, whichever that may be.

• Haha 2