The Real Has Come! 진짜가 나타났다 [2023]

Tofu

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, when does this drama end????? I think I'm ready for the next weekender, whichever that may be.

This weekend. Yay!!!... but I think I might stay away from weekender for the time being :thinking: It's been so tiring these last two dramas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This weekend. Yay!!!... but I think I might stay away from weekender for the time being :thinking: It's been so tiring these last two dramas.

The next drama is Hyo Shim's Independent Life aka Live Your Own Life, and I created a thread for it, but I'm not entirely sure that I'll watch it since it will start with yet another dysfunctional family. We'll see. Uee is the FL, and she has a mixed record for me in terms of her project choices.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Uee is the FL, and she has a mixed record for me in terms of her project choices.

Agree. And at one point her face was too skinny, it was hard for me to watch any of her drama because I am used to her chubbier look. Not body shaming, just that I ended up keep thinking what happened to her instead of focusing on the drama. I saw HyoShim's teaser though, and she is looking great, and there is Ha Jun... But yeah, I think I will wait and read some comments first before embarking on a 6-month long viewing. It's a shame because The Real started out so great, but somehow lost its way in the middle... 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I'm tired too with this drama lols. I stopped at 44 and probably will come back later, or never I don't know 😂 I have too many C dramas on my end....

The romance a bit lukewarm between TK and YD, even mom and headmaster have more burning chemistry :lol:

I won’t blame you not coming back here... Agree that the romance between TK and YD can be a little bit more passionate, and I am not talking about steamy kisses. It is even more compelling to watch the childless couple. This drama is truly a waste of BJH ability. She hardly needs to do any acting, only delivering lines... I don’t understand why they need to cast her for this role 🙄

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I won’t blame you not coming back here... Agree that the romance between TK and YD can be a little bit more passionate, and I am not talking about steamy kisses. It is even more compelling to watch the childless couple. This drama is truly a waste of BJH ability. She hardly needs to do any acting, only delivering lines... I don’t understand why they need to cast her for this role 🙄

I agree with you and @SilverMoonTea that the OTP romance in this drama was a bit bleah, but especially now. They are so busy being "good" and conciliatory to everyone else, and their scenes together are basically them worrying about everyone else.

As for BJH, I wonder if she's had difficulty getting roles? I agree that she is wasted here, but I was shocked by her appearance right now anyway. She seems to have lost a lot of weight for this role, and actresses who are losing out on roles seem to try to get skinnier as a way of making themselves more appealing to casting directors. She may have taken this role because she doesn't have any other serious offers on the table.

I think this is why every time I see a sub-par idol actress get cast in yet another drama, it just makes me shake my head. Clearly, production houses would rather cast idol actresses in the hope that their fans will watch regardless of how unwatchable the end product is for those who are not fans. Same for idol actors as well, I guess, though their projects seem to do worse anyway, so not as much incentive to cast them?

• Like 2

Well, The Real Has Come! to an end...

It was a good finale... The way a weekend family drama should be. All is well. 

The wedding was nice, I thought they wanted a small wedding, but I think what they had was pretty grand, lol...

Surprisingly, I really like how DW and YM's arc is settled, although up till the end their relationship is still not known to the family. I think SG is really a mature kid. She looks so very pretty too as the ring bearer at the wedding. 

For ep.49, I really like the part at the temple, where everyone was together because they were trying to find Haneul. It was really touching to see the whole family being there for TK. Even though I kinda feel they a bit over reacted, because if looking at the time, KJH has not passed the agreed time of returning Haneul, although as viewers, we know that he really did think about taking Haneul away. Crazy... Good thing that he finally realised he's not fit/ready to be a father, yet.

18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for BJH, I wonder if she's had difficulty getting roles?

Ooo, I had never thought of this... but you might be right.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

8 hours ago, Mizv said:

Nice ending wrap up.  It always amazes me how Kdramas can make something impossible resolved so nice and sweet.

Well, there are the creative uses of epiphanies that villains in kdramas seem to frequently have. LOL

Not to mention that everyone is so willing to let bygones be bygones, no matter how awful the villainy or treachery.

Haven't had time to watch the ending yet, but figured it would have a happy ending anyway. Curious about how DW and YM's story gets settled, so will make time to watch. At least the runaway mother in this drama seems to be a more decent human being than the runaway mother in It's Gold, It's Jade.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...