문채원 / 文彩元 / ムン・チェウォン

- 2021.9.13 Thanks @bluepebbles for transferring this thread to me -

FKPsMXHakAA13Bt?format=jpg&name=large

Name : 문채원 (文彩元)

Born : Daegu, November 13, 1986

Official Instagram: moonchaewon_official

Agency : YNK Entertainment

•••

More updates and info about Moon Chae Won, please see Twitter and Instagram. Most her fans are active updating on Twitter and Instagram. Thanks ^^

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 3

efe099910c48ce55a050da40cce69d35.png

Moon Chae Won first attracted attention in 2008 in her supporting role as a gisaeng in Painter of the Wind. She was next cast in Brilliant Legacy but it was in 2011 when she marked her career breakthrough, with leading roles in the television period drama The Princess' Man and the action blockbuster

War of the Arrows. 
In 2020, she made a comeback after two years hiatus with the melo-suspense drama ‘Flower of Evil’

6d020454e639d68d51a5c990eb271dd1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

⚜️

ACtC-3e_-GQzPsLlRJfy-TtSYV78z8etZJtkieKB

• Spoiler

• 2015 19th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival: Producers' Choice Award (Love Forecast)
    • 2013 KBS Drama Awards: Excellence Actress for Mid-Length Drama (Good Doctor)
    • 2013 KBS Drama Awards: Popularity Award (Good Doctor)
    • 2013 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Joo Won (Good Doctor)
    • 2012 KBS Drama Awards: Top Excellence Award, Actress (Nice Guy)
    • 2012 KBS Drama Awards: Netizens' Award (Nice Guy)
    • 2012 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Song Joong Ki (Nice Guy)
    • 2011 KBS Drama Awards: Top Excellence Actress (The Princess' Man)
    • 2011 KBS Drama Awards: Popularity Award (The Princess' Man)
    • 2011 KBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Park Shi Hoo (The Princess' Man)
    • 2011 19th Republic of Korea Cultural Entertainment Art Awards: Best Actress (The Princess' Man)
    • 2011 19th Republic of Korea Cultural Entertainment Art Awards: Excellence Actress ("War of the Arrows")
    • 2011 27th Korea Best Dresser Swan Awards: Best Dresser Female Artist (The Princess' Man)
    • 2011 3rd Asian Jewelry Awards: Diamond for Actress Category
    • 2011 9th Korea Lifestyle Awards by Dong-A TV: Best Dressed Female Artist
    • 2011 32nd Blue Dragon Film Awards: Best New Actress Award ("War of the Arrows") Pin on 영화제/Film Festival
    • 2011 48th Daejong Film Awards: Best New Actress Award ("War of the Arrows")
    • 2009 Seoul Drama Awards (Polls): Best Actress in Asia (Shining Inheritance)
    • 2008 SBS Drama Awards: Best Couple Award with Moon Geun Young (The Painter of the Wind)
    • 2008 SBS Drama Awards: New Star Award (The Painter of the Wind)
    • 2008 16th Republic of Korea Cultural Entertainment Art Awards: New Star Award (The Painter of the Wind)

• Clapping Hands 2

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

13 minutes ago, thealterego said:

AAaaAahHH Moon Chae Won the loml!!! ❤️

Hello fellow moonlights! 

Let's be active here and update one another.

We know our bbong loves to take long breaks after a project and her leaving ig, oh boy, FOE isn't even finished yet and I already miss her! 

Yay let's do this ! Specially now that she left IG 😢

Let's explore about her here ! 

South Korean Rp Moon Chae Won Map The Soul Moon Chaewon Roleplay ...

• Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

ACtC-3fE27q_jbmPLADyXJdiZUeCxb6V78e8f1rl

all about L O V E F O R E C A S T 

Thank you so much to @Erdbeer for providing us the links made by Lee Seung Gi 's fans for interviews related to Chaewon's 2015 film

Spoiler

Love Forecast-p2.jpg

Love Forecast (English title) / Today's Love (literal title)
Revised romanization: Oneului Yeonae
Hangul: 오늘의 연애
Director: Park Jin-Pyo
Writer: Park Jin-Pyo, Lee Byeong-Hun, Lee Han

When Joon-Soo (Lee Seung-Gi) falls in love he tries to give everything to the girl. Even though he does all of that, he is the one that get dumped.

Hyun-Woo (Moon Chae-Won) works as a weathercaster. Unlike her beautiful appearance, she acts excessively and talks in a tough manner.

A romance blooms between these two people.

Lee Seung Gi and Moon Chae Won in Cine21 Promoting Rom-com Movie ...

Cine 21 Magazine Interview (with Lee Seung Gi) 

Thanks to LSGFan (Part 1 and part 2)

🌸Snippets 

Moon Chae Won is three months older than Lee Seung Gi however they opted to call each other by their real names while filming. During their first meeting in Brilliant Legacy, Seung Gi said he'd address her as noona. 

Love Forecast is Chae Won's first time starring in a romcom which is not her first preference in choosing genre. But then she wanted to do a romcom at least once before she turned 30 where she would meet a character similar with Jun Ji Hyun's My Sassy Girl .

Heartless Guy was extremely popular during that time. A guy who is cold /heartless is definitely not Chaewon 's type.  😄

When Chaewon heard Seun Gi was cast for the role, she thought it was the best casting. 

On top of being able to convey an easygoing, unaffected charm, there’s also a sweet charm to him. If another person was cast, I probably would’ve thought he at least had charms as an actor, but I don’t think he could have showcased Junsoo and Hyunwoo’s relationship to the extent Seunggi did. Like when would you become close?

Chaewon admitted that she has the tendency to be very reserved most specially during first day of filming. She wanted to become close with Seung Gi quickly. So she tried hard to do that even if she was incredibly nervous. 

As this was the first time for both leads in a romcom film, Chaewon did not have that kind of experience to feel the burden or big sense of responsibility. 

Meaning, should we just solely work hard if there’s no clear direction as to what type of picture should come out. Merely, we trusted that we had to film happily in order for a happy movie to come out. Seunggi too, me too, it’s also because we were able to pour our passion and enthusiasm into this.

What is like turning 30 the following year? Chaewon worries too like her friends. She thinks becoming mature is just only all good. She never even imagined she would take on a main lead and carry out a romantic comedy considering that her roles of a woman who had some hidden situation. She was just certain that 2015 is not a year for her to cry in a project.

I always thought I’d have a lot of the answers by this age, but I realized that wasn’t the case throughout this year. I still have child-like attributes so I tend to have serious mood swings when I’m feeling good and when I’m not. I’m not saying it’s immature to be that way

She was glad that she took this project with Seung Gi, that after a few years , she wanted to meet him again through a different story.  She even wondered maybe she should have worked in a more aggressive way. 

More adorable photos :

Spoiler

Lee Seung Gi and Moon Chae Won - Cine21 Magazine No.986

Lee Seung Gi and Moon Chae Won - Cine21 Magazine No.986 | Lee ...Movie 2015] ♥ TODAY's LOVE ♥ 오늘의 연애 [ BLU-RAY DVD Released ...Lee Seung Gi and Moon Chae Won - Cine21 Magazine No.986 | Cover

• Like 3

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Thank you for wonderful thread for Chaewon 

A very good introduction video for fans. Many of new fans might not know she had mouth surgery when she was a child so it somehow affected her speech. And in this clip, it mentioned about that operation she had.

• Like 3

ab9e9fc6cee5b9b4447a76004690efa3.jpg

ᗰ O O ᑎ   ᑕ ᕼ ᗩ E   ᗯ O ᑎ

2013 Interview by XportsNews

IT WILL BE GREAT IF THE HASTY DRAMA MARKET WILL SLOW DOWN A BIT

Actress Moon Chae Won is a greedy person when it comes to acting. Through her greed, Moon Chae Won is just one of the actresses who has attained success on TV and the big screen. Moon Chae Won is an actress in her 20s who possesses both the attractive power to make people defend their remotes and strong ticket power through such works as ‘The Princess’s Man’, ‘Nice Guy’, ‘Good Doctor’ and ‘War of the Arrows’. Actresses occasionally suffer from a few acting controversies, but Moon Chae Won is indifferent to them.

I met Moon Chae Won recently at a cafe in Nonhyun-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul. For a while she mainly played tragic characters who were pressured by others, but on the recently wrapped KBS2 Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Good Doctor’, she enthusiastically played a totally different character, the energetic and bright pediatric fellow of two years, Cha Yoon Seo.

“This time I played a role where I lead from the role of a leader. To be honest, to actresses, the preference of doing a medical drama is fading. However, I wanted to eventually play the role of a doctor once. The synopsis for ‘Good Doctor’ matched the desire that I normally have for playing a doctor. There are many parts where Cha Yoon Seo comes into contact with Park Shi On, who isn’t normal, and because I thought that this was I story that I would be able to use, I ended up appearing in the drama.”

Moon Chae Won, who has certainly acted other characters, would never shake her head ‘no’ when it comes to the opinion that nice roles are easier to act. The evidence that Moon Chae Won went through great pains to keep alive the bubbliness that Cha Yoon Seo possesses is clearly evident.

“While it is difficult to get into character for a protagonist that harbors pain in a dark drama, on the other hand, I have never felt it was easy to do so in dramas that weren’t dark. However, in past situations, I had no choice but to concentrate until the finishing moment when it came to not being able to let go of the character’s nervousness. However, in the bright ‘Good Doctor’, it was difficult to wait for the time when Yoon Seo’s body and heart would become comfortable. While I gladly filmed many cheerful scenes, there wasn’t one thing that was easy because certain elements like an actor’s effort and worries, and matching up with your colleagues are important. It is always difficult to become free in front of the camera.”

Moon Chae Won has worked endlessly to improve, from Se-ryung of ‘The Princess’s Man’, Eun-gi of ‘Nice Guy’ and Cha Yoon Seo of ‘Good Doctor’. While doing this, she didn’t miss any time to self-reflect on what it is to be a ‘good actor’. It has been an extremely long time since the majority of people have recognized the good acting that Moon Chae Won has shown, and she reveals the fact that she has already known this fact like this.

More Goodies from Good Doctor – the talking cupboard

“It’s hard to see oneself become established as a good actor quickly within one to two years. If I get that concerned, I’ll suddenly think “Aren’t I good actor?”, and occasionally there are definitely times when I am boring and lethargic. There are many moments where I pitifully feel that I personally am endlessly dissatisfying, frustrating and disappointing. If this time of psychological strife didn’t exist, my progress would be slow. However, it recently felt like I have been facing filming with a heavy heart using this kind of method. In this regard, I was personally enlightened that I need to be thankful and acknowledge myself.

Moon Chae Won even made a strong statement about the drama watching social conditions. Last year at the ‘Nice Guy’ drama presentation, Moon Chae Won confessed “The viewers only need to watch episode, and if the decide not to watch it, that’s fine. Dramas unfold differently from movies by foregoing the meetings. There are things that exist that don’t appear right in front of you, and there are also stubborn parts. There is a burdening feeling that the early episodes have to come out well. It’s difficult for me to endure that week.”

“I thought ‘Did I make a mistake?’, but in that official place, I thought it was good to talk with some conviction. Whether a drama is 20 episodes or 50 episodes, in every aspect there are stories that [the writer] wants to be told. Naturally what you’ll show in the first two episodes is absurdly short. However, from a certain moment, the drama commercially changes, and we start to want it to be an issue and the center of gossip between people. That’s why there are a lot of stories in the first two episodes. From a viewer’s standpoint, they have the desire to watch a good a drama, and when the drama isn’t good, they can criticize it, and after seeing the first two episodes, I don’t think they are critically deciding the quality of the drama. If by looking at us from one aspect, lumping all the actors, writers and staff together and curse them, well, we’re people too, and it’s natural for us to cower. If people watched through a kinder eye, watching for the quality of the product and the good acting to unfold, it definitely won’t be a loss for them. Anyway, I don’t think it’s a declaration when it happens in such a short amount of time. Even if they happen to praise it, I hope they don’t see that as the end of it.”

It’s reasonable to expect that there will be dissatisfaction with rash decisions. However, those viewers are Chae Won’s reliable auxiliary troops. Chae Won, who longs for a carefree viewing attitude, extends her gratitude when it comes to the viewers.

“What I feel is that I have attained a position of receiving love from the viewers. It surprised me that there are many ‘eyes’ that persistently watch me. The level of awareness about me has risen, but I don’t feel that people think ‘Since it’s Moon Chae Won, we’ll unconditionally give her our trust and love’. I feel that people are watching me with a kinder eye than they did a few years ago and because I received help from the viewers, I have met good projects. Therefore I’m thankful, and I think that dramas are made together with the viewers.”

File:Moon Chae-won at The Princess' Man poster shooting 149.jpg - Wikimedia  Commons

In an entertainment circle suffering from a dearth of actresses in their 20s, Moon Chae Won has firmly positioned herself. However, there are still actors where Moon Chae Won has to look up to. If that’s the case, is the alias that captures her ‘The Princess’s Man’? Next I asked which actor she wanted to work with.

“Rather than the intent to act with someone I want to act with eventually, I want to act and match up with an actor I like and respect, which would make up closer. There are a lot of opportunities to match up with people in the same field as I’m in, but just from feeling close to another actor, it seems like I could gain a lot learning from them. In the future, all of the actors I choose will be my seniors. Not long ago, I enjoyed watching the movie ‘Hwa-yi’, as Kim Yoon Seok’s explosive power and energy stood out. Also, in the movie “The New World’, Hwang Jung Min’s acting really left an impression with me. Choosing those two isn’t a love call to act with those two, but those are the two I want to become the closest with.”

Moon Chae Won is hoping her next project will be a movie after successfully wrapping up ‘Good Doctor’. As her face hasn’t shown brightly in movies relative to dramas, I was curious as to the reason why Moon Chae Won wanted to dip her foot into an unfamiliar field. As expected, it was her greed for acting.

“On the big screen, there are actors with attractive power, and on the TV screen, there are actors with appeal. That’s why I want to put myself up to the test. I’ll know what I fit later on. I have this greed that wants to take me here and there, all for the sake of my development.”

Moon Chae Won said that she wanted to go on vacation after spending those busy days with filming for the drama. Moon Chae Won, who has received healing through the comfort of her normal life, will have the joy she feels from seeing people of other cultures living their lives become her vitality. This is the Moon Chae Won who has been under the fascinating lights. The woman who is anxious to act well in the present has relayed her wishes, saying she wants to be a normal girl who feels happiness when she hugs her mom, who is washing the dishes, from behind, and to search for life’s qualities inside of a normal life. After she catches her breath and meet the trivial everyday life, she’ll look to see what side of herself she’ll show in her next project after finishing her vacation, and we all will await the activities of the glamorous yet ‘normal’ Moon Chae Won.

Source

• Like 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

Moonlights on twitter (k-fans and i fans ) made a 30 day challenge for Bbongu !

Here is my DAY 1 : 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝐼 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝑒𝓌𝑜𝓃 

There are maybe a lot of reasons why I like her as an actress. Aside from her elegant , goddess like beauty, Moon Chae Won exudes enigma which I find very attractive of her. She is a quiet , introvert person in real life--with only a few off cam photos , videos or blog about her. Despite her mysticism , she is one among those who evoke class when it comes to philosophies in life. She had proven her niche in the entertainment industry with her various fantastic performance in her projects. With that she becomes an epitome of dreams do come true if you work hard for it. 

10 Quick Facts About Moon Chae-Won, The Feisty Leading Lady In "Flower Of  Evil" | Metro.Style

• Heart Eyes 1

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor

ᴅ ᴀ ʏ 𝟺

🅣🅗🅡🅔🅔 🅕🅐🅥🅞🅡🅘🅣🅔

🅒🅗🅐🅔🅦🅞🅝'🅢 🅒🅗🅐🅡🅐🅒🅣🅔🅡🅢

park shi hoo | Tumblr

𝐿𝑒𝑒 𝒮𝑒 𝑅𝓎𝓊𝓃𝑔

(The Princess' Man)

This was my first time to watch her which I discovered what sageuk royalty should be defined. She exuded the charisma , elegance and grace while bringing Lee Se Ryung into life. I can still remember how the angst was brilliantly delivered in this scene, among other pivotal moments of her character. From then on, I pinned her among those actors to look forward to. 

11 K-Dramas With Deliciously Satisfying Slow-Burn Romances | Soompi

𝒞𝒽𝒶 𝒴𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝑜

(The Good Doctor)

When we have an extraordinary  male character , we want someone that will be equally at par with him. Cha Yoon Seo did not disappoint. I like her feisty attitude in this show. Yet despite her being the strict doctor that she could be , Yoon Seo became Shi On's ray of light because of her warmth demeanor. 

𝒞𝒽𝒶 𝒥𝒾 𝒲𝑜𝓃

(Flower of Evil)

2dd4c5e59d2b1b99db2dd1ae8eefd4fdad29282d

Ah this character. Superwoman. Heroine. Not your damsel in distress. A caring mother. A wonderful daughter. A loving wife. Her performance as a detective is one among the top. An elite officer with wits. She never judge a character based on prejudices, she still go for the truth. My most fave so far among Chaewon's creations. 

Plop Cat GIFs | Tenor