Lovely Runner 선재 업고 튀어 [2024]

Eps 7 was a roller coaster of emotions. She was so close to losing her legs again but so relieved that changed. Both timelines he had come to save her. Now in this new present TL, she's no longer crippled, in her dream job and an aunty ( so cute that bro and HJ are married )  But then my heart dropped cause it doesn't  seem like they are in each other's life & it seems like the final night of his life may repeat itself again. Thankfully they met again and this time, she won't let him go. Phew ! 

GNckARsbkAAuJ0f?format=jpg&name=900x900

Okay 3 more episodes and I will be up to speed. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Eps 7 was a roller coaster of emotions. She was so close to losing her legs again but so relieved that changed. Both timelines he had come to save her. Now in this new present TL, she's no longer crippled, in her dream job and an aunty ( so cute that bro and HJ are married )  But then my heart dropped cause it doesn't  seem like they are in each other's life & it seems like the final night of his life may repeat itself again. Thankfully they met again and this time, she won't let him go. Phew !

Okay 3 more episodes and I will be up to speed. :smile:

Watch ep8 closely and close up. Feelsssss and great emoting from Sun Jae.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Watch ep8 closely and closely up. Feelsssss and great emoting from Sun Jae.

Yes, Very nice. I just got off the episode. I love the emotions that both leads are showing - especially poignant is when each time they meet each other in a new time line. They are both misty-eyed with this sense of longing and regret. I was really sad that after he saved her from the incident that she had PTSD and couldn't face him. A decade of not being together kind of crushed my heart again. So when she finally tells him that she likes him too and that she misses him, I was in tears. The kiss was fab too. But this show has no chill given the assault on him at the end of the episode. 

• Haha 3

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yes, Very nice. I just got off the episode. I love the emotions that both leads are showing - especially poignant is when each time they meet each other in a new time line. They are both misty-eyed with this sense of longing and regret. I was really sad that after he saved her from the incident that she had PTSD and couldn't face him. A decade of not being together kind of crushed my heart again. So when she finally tells him that she likes him too and that she misses him, I was in tears. The kiss was fab too. But this show has no chill given the assault on him at the end of the episode. 

Episode 8 had a good combination of emotions (yearning, regrets, relief, happiness, kiss and comedy). And yeah, I was almost certain the writer was going to break them up after the kiss - the impeding doom especially he was standing at that same balcony in the blue shirt - since Sol has one more time travel to make. But I'm happy they were able to confirm their feelings.

• Heart Eyes 3
12 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@mademoiselle it will be a chaos in that shop! 😆 l wonder what happened to SJ's shirt! Both parents and Sol's oppa r already on their protective modes respectively. R they going to be R&J here? 😆😆😆

Seems like Sol was the one who ripped it. I haven't seen the clip but on TL others watching live mentioned it. Very sweet at the moment and lots of comedy.

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

It's new episode day today guys!

It's not available for me until 12:30 pm my time on Viki so I have to patiently wait... but until then, I will be periodically browsing social media to look for clips. :laugh:

I am so excited for their dating era and it looks like Ryu Sun Jae is going to take full advantage of the time they have together before she has to go back. 

And that preview @mademoiselle shared with Sun Jae waiting for her and they smile and hug as soon as they see each other... UGH! I'm just so happy for them!

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

All caught up....oh my gosh that last scene of episode 10 where SJ realised what is going on and that kiss made me shed plenty of tears. But very nicely done by both leads - all the emotions poured into that moment! 

• Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

Did the detective die??

I hope not. It is unclear whether the people in the car died or not.

I laughed out loud again. I think you can guess at which scene...

Love, love, love the cherry blossoms scene. And love it even more after the epilogue is shown. Director is very clever in making use of their height difference. 

Urgh, are we going to have another cockroach villain again. One that can never be caught? 

• Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Love, love, love the cherry blossoms scene. And love it even more after the epilogue is shown. Director is very clever in making use of their height difference. 

Same here! So glad since last week they listened to fans complaints, they should include the unreleased scenes and gave us the sweet epilogues. Some told that that they did it for the sake of duration, they can cut other scenes but not our SunSol couple. And I love every costumes they have here. Both r looking so handsome and pretty, just like manhwa characters. 

And after this week we will just have 4 more episodes, aah, why did the time fly so fast?? What I'm going to watch if LR ends too? 😔 SunSol makes my Mon-Tue fun. 

@mademoiselle ommo ☺️ beach date!

• Haha 4
Posted (edited)

I like the story but I wish the scenes weren’t so draggy. And while I think the entire premise of the plot is that he died for her, I have to say that I didn’t like how this was portrayed in the very first instance where he committed suicide because he felt that “sorry-ness” or regret that in their first timeline, he had to live through that unrequited love from her. That just doesn’t seem to gel with all other instances where he died because he was trying to keep her safe. 

Another thing I wish weren’t quite written the way it is - why is it that her memories of the different timelines don’t “update” in her past selves? As in, when she gets thrown back into the past, her “self” in the “now” brings memories and knowledge of the most immediate future with her, but when she disappears and returns to 2023, the past self has no memory of her involvement for that period of time. So basically in the most current episode, her 2023 self in her 2009 version is dating Sunjae, but when she returns to 2023, the 2009 version at that point will suddenly lose memories of her interference for the last 2 months. So essentially, the question to arrive at in 2023 will be, did they actually date since 2009 or not? 

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 4

in the very first instance where he committed suicide because he felt that “sorry-ness” or regret that in their first timeline, he had to live through that unrequited love from her. That just doesn’t seem to gel with all other instances where he died because he was trying to keep her safe.

You mean the impression that scene is made, right? That he committed suicide. Because in my interpretation of his first death, someone pushed him, not that he committed suicide. Maybe this will be addressed later, maybe not.

Another thing I wish weren’t quite written the way it is - why is it that her memories of the different timelines don’t “update” in her past selves?

The only thing I can say is not to think too much too hard for time slip dramas, especially the one with repetition and different time line. It will only fry our brain. We hardly ever get to see the POV of past Sol actually, it's always from the perspective of 2023 Sol, wherever she is.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Posted (edited)

Episode 11 is so sweet (puts me in a happy mood and can't stop smiling) and funny, although episode 8's comedy still trump it. The dad being frightened by Sun Jae and the shirt ripping scene were hilarious. By the way, does facial sheet masks already existed since 2009? 😆

@Alice Wonderland lucky Hye Yoon. She gets to bury herself in both Rowoon's (EY ep4) and now Byeon Woo Seok's chest. LOL!

The show made excellent use of their height difference. I really like that Woo Seok is so tall and big that he could envelop Hye Yoon (with his love), especially in that cherry blossom scene.

Previously, in the epilogue, we see Eclipse becomes a 3 member band. We learnt that Sun Jae had missed the opportunity to be discovered through the StarK competition. However, Sun Jae's future of being a singer didn't change because the agent was present at the time when he performed "Sudden Shower" on stage. It's likely the future changed to him flying solo instead. This would confirm the spoiler pictures I saw whereby Sol sent him a food truck and both of them attending an Awards show together.

I am unsure how the 2009 incident will play out this time. Will it happen again at the same location, or it will still be at the same location. Even if he is caught in 2009 and remains alive, neither Sun Jae nor Sol would be safe if he still gets out of jail in 2023 or 2024. With so many more episodes left, surely the last misfortune is still in 2024.

On 5/14/2024 at 6:23 PM, gilaswan said:

And while I think the entire premise of the plot is that he died for her, I have to say that I didn’t like how this was portrayed in the very first instance where he committed suicide because he felt that “sorry-ness” or regret that in their first timeline, he had to live through that unrequited love from her. That just doesn’t seem to gel with all other instances where he died because he was trying to keep her safe.

I didn't think he committed suicide. It is true that Sun Jae felt sorry he "missed" out on waking Sol and the series of event happened. It's also true that he was taking medicines for depression, but it doesn't explain that a suicidal person would still be worried about Sol, following her home to ensure she arrives home safe and watch her from afar yearningly.

In the original timeline, Sun Jae puts him in jail in 2008. In the second timeline, Sun Jae is still the one catching him in 2009. The outcome for the second timeline that's different is Sun Jae was stabbed. I believe, originally, it was a homicide disguised as suicide by Kim Young Soo. We learnt from episode 11 that Kim Young Soo uses anaesthetic to subdue his prey. In episode 9, we were shown that the moment Sun Jae opened the door, Kim Young Soo tried to cover Sun Jae's mouth with a cloth but he failed, so it became stabbing. I deduced that in the original timeline, he must have successfully subdued Sun Jae and threw him into the pool. The difference between first and second timeline of the same scenario is Sun Jae's mental health. Unlike the first timeline, Sun Jae didn't take drugs or drink alcohol (first timeline the table had drugs, cheese platter and an empty bottle of strong alcohol). He probably was in a better health and state to put up a fight.

I do hope the drama will show us what really happened originally (first one), like they did for Sol's original incident.

On 5/14/2024 at 6:23 PM, gilaswan said:

So essentially, the question to arrive at in 2023 will be, did they actually date since 2009 or not? 

For 2009 Sun Jae and 2024 Sol, yes, they dated. For 2009 Sol, no, they didn't date. Unless he is able to successfully pursue the 2009 Sol. Sun Jae understands after 2024 Sol disappears, he would have to wait till 2023/4.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

in the very first instance where he committed suicide because he felt that “sorry-ness” or regret that in their first timeline, he had to live through that unrequited love from her. That just doesn’t seem to gel with all other instances where he died because he was trying to keep her safe.

You mean the impression that scene is made, right? That he committed suicide. Because in my interpretation of his first death, someone pushed him, not that he committed suicide. Maybe this will be addressed later, maybe not.

I agree...it was only made to seem that it was suicide but now I don't think it is. It has always been that he was murdered. 

Pre-released with subs. He's so tall that I think my neck will ache each time I look up. Hhahaha

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

OST 8 10CM - Spring Snow

Previous OSTs can be found on Page 1 of this thread. @abs-oluteM, do you mind pinning the below links?

BTS https://janghaven.com/topic/1244-lovely-runner-선재-업고-튀어-current-montue/?do=findComment&comment=110952

OST https://janghaven.com/topic/1244-lovely-runner-선재-업고-튀어-current-montue/?do=findComment&comment=110954

And VIU just released the ENG subbed BTS for E1-2. I will add in page 1 too.

Thank you!!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3
20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes! This scene was so lovely that I literally teared up just because it was so sweet. And yes, I love that the director is making such excellent use of their height difference. Same with that cut scene where they are watching the baseball game together and a bunch of guys enclose them in a circle and Sunjae is protecting Sol by shielding her with his arms. 

Also, did anyone notice the way Sunjae kissed Im Sol on the lips? He was giving her tiny little kisses! That detail was so endearing to me. That's the sort of kiss you give to someone you adore.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

lucky Hye Yoon. She gets to bury herself in both Rowoon's (EY ep4) and now Byeon Woo Seok's chest. LOL!

Hahahaha! I was just thinking this! And she got to work with Ok Taecyon too who I also really like. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I didn't think he committed suicide. It is true that Sun Jae felt sorry he "missed" out on waking Sol and the series of event happened. It's also true that he was taking medicines for depression, but it doesn't explain that a suicidal person would still be worried about Sol, following her home to ensure she arrives home safe and watch her from afar yearningly.

In the original timeline, Sun Jae puts him in jail in 2008. In the second timeline, Sun Jae is still the one catching him in 2009. Both times Sun Jae still dies, but the difference is Sun Jae was stabbed the second time. I believe, originally, it was a homicide disguised as suicide by Kim Young Soo. We learnt from episode 11 that Kim Young Soo uses anaesthetic to subdue his prey. In episode 9, we were shown that the moment Sun Jae opened the door, Kim Young Soo tried to cover Sun Jae's mouth with a cloth but he failed, so it became stabbing. I deduced that in the original timeline, he must have successfully subdued Sun Jae and threw him into the pool. The difference between first and second timeline of the same scenario is Sun Jae's mental health. Unlike the first timeline, Sun Jae didn't take drugs or drink alcohol (first timeline the table had drugs, cheese platter and an empty bottle of strong alcohol). He probably was in a better health and state to put up a fight.

Totally agree! This was also my thought. In all timelines (including the original), I believe it's the same perpetrator who keeps coming after them. In all timelines, the perpetrator failed to kill Im Sol because of Sunjae which is why he keeps coming after him. 

It's so frustrating that he keeps managing to get away. It's like a cockroach you keep stepping on but whenever you lift your foot, you find out he's still alive. UGH! Just die already. At this point, I feel like putting him in jail isn't the solution because as we've already seen, he'll just come after them again after he's let out. So really, the solution is for him to just die.

I am so happy they finally released Spring Snow! Every time I listen to it, it makes me think of Sunjae with his arms wrapped around Sol, making a wish under the cherry blossoms. I can only imagine how warm and safe it must feel to be in Sunjae's arms. :wow:

oh, and I am loving the bromance brewing between Sunjae and Tae Sung.  I love the way Tae Sung's character is written. Although he likes Im Sol, he is not trying to come between them. I love that in episode 11, it was Tae Sung who made Sunjae realize that Im Sol has feelings for him. The ending scene of ep 12 when Sunjae is singing and Sol is looking at him and Tae Sung is looking at Im Sol was beautifully done as well. You can sense Tae Sung's feelings for Im Sol but you can also see that he's happy for her to be with the one she loves. 

I really hope Tae Sung will also have a place in 2023 and remain close friends with them. He can be the fun uncle to Sunjae and Im Sol's children. :laugh:

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Posted (edited)

Writer gave us two episodes of sweetness and comedy! From episode 13's preview, it looks like we'll be back to 2023/4.

Episode 13 Preview

Although lots of sweetness and comedy, this episode has the impending doom lurking in the background.

And I was wrong, Sun Jae will still debut as Eclipse. I now see why previously the epilogue showed it was a 3 member in episode 10. Sun Jae's decision to go to the US and miss the audition change the future. However, his decision to sing on stage in episode 11 led him back to the original fate.

Sol is seeing a vision of the near future now, mainly due to all the changes happening right now. She sees the location change for the kidnapping. I'm still trying to digest whether this set-up is plausible. It didn't seem like it is entirely impossible, either. In her first kidnap (2008), she didn't have a vision because she was there physically changing it at that moment. In the current one, perhaps due to her being more proactively changing fate, it changes the direction of how it would happen. Because she is from the future, her memory is updating/changing in her mind. Hmm, I'll leave it with you guys. I think I need to sleep on this. Let me know what you guys think!

Spoiler

We have kisses!! BUT, did the ship sail...??? Probably not, right? After all, Sun Jae didn't have 100 condoms on him. Plus, it's probably not a good idea to do it since it will soon be 20 years old's Sol. The girl at least needs to know when she lost her virginity. 😅

Meanwhile, Sun Jae is a smart cookie. First, he figured all out what will happen to him. Then he suss it out from Tae Sung. Even though Tae Sung didn't say much except the name, he connected all the dots.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 3