The Impossible Heir 로얄로더 [2024]

On 3/21/2024 at 12:37 PM, abs-oluteM said:

One thing though, I believe Chairman is the key to helping TaeOh . He senses something is not right with the death of his oldest son. He’ll want to get to the bottom of that . 

Looks like I was right here. Chairman did a prison break for TaeOh. TBH, if chairman didn't do that, TaeOh would not have been able to go see that prosecutor and get that video proving his innocence. How I see it is that the real puppet master has and always will be this old man. Neither Tae Oh , Inha or any of his other useless sons have the ability to outwit this old fox.

The problem I have from the start of this show, and even up to now is that the protagonists here failed to get my sympathy and the reason being I don't know why I should. Till now, I never quite understood what Tae Oh would get for placing InHa on top of the KangOh's  throne. For someone who is supposed to very strategic in his thinking, he clearly had no strategy in the last couple episodes and was pretty much reacting to the situation. Hyewon, with her almost emotionless expressions 90% of the time,  made me lose any sympathy I had of her situation when she decided to use InHa's affections for her from the start. And then still married him after kissing another man. 

While I know that InHa is the so called antagonist of this show, I actually do feel bad for his character simply because I understood what pushed him in this direction. For InHa , it was never really about the power. What he wanted so badly was to be recognised as his father's son, to be part of this family. He was looking for genuine affection. Even with HyeWon , I believe he was hoping she would come to love him though that was wishful thinking.  As far as I am concerned, he is no worse than any of the characters in this show since everyone here has his own agenda and is more than willing to throw someone else under the bus to save his own skin. 

Preview...can't wait to be done with this show. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

There were a lot of flaws or loopholes in this week's episodes. For example, how is it that anybody can enter the Chairman's office at any time of the day whenever they want? Where's the security? Knowing In Ha is capable of murder, as smart as the Chairman, he doesn't even think to put some bodyguards around him?

Also, I don't even get why Tae Oh would look so shocked that In Ha was about to end his own father's life. LOL! Dude, he killed his own brother and a woman, and wanted you dead too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Homework completed. And yay, felt like the first Disney+ drama in a while that doesn't end with a potential season 2! We get a proper ending.

OK, first off, In Ha became unforgivable once he touches Tae Oh's mother. As we all can agree, the show didn't do a fanstastic job in characterisation resulting in us unable to feel or relate with any of them. With how it played out in the end, the show wants us to pity In Ha, but I don't want to. He really doesn't need to go this far to hurt Tae Oh.

I'm actually a bit confused with what the charges were for Jang Geum Suk (Chairman's wife) and the butler. Was she framed or it's truly a crime and the butler commit? Please let me know what I've missed. I admit somewhere in between, I was not paying 100% attention.

With Tae Oh's ability, he definitely could have taken over Kang Oh Group. However, he chose to protect Kang Oh for the Chairman and did not think of owning it himself. I feel a sense of dissatisfaction in this because he was the one who fed me the idea of him wanting to climb to the top, and surely "the top" doesn't mean just becoming the Chairman's right hand man, or worse, because I used to see him as the Chairman's dog. Even though he's more like a King's adviser.

I honestly didn't think Chairman Kang would willingly give it to him because he's always been a dictator. It felt quite forceful to suddenly have him relinquish his power over to Tae Oh. That said, he's earned Tae Oh's respect and loyalty for saving Tae Oh. His health is deteriorating and the only person that could fulfill his vision and dream was Tae Oh.

Another forceful twist is Kang Seung Ju—another result of poor characterisation—making the sudden change to his behaviour towards the battle for the throne unconvincing. On a plus side, it was nice for once, Lee Je Hoon isn't playing that ultimate jerk.

The only open ending here is the love line between Tae Oh and Hye Won. And I am TOTALLY fine not knowing. In all honesty, Hye Won felt like a useless character in the grand scheme of things. She has little to no contribution to the plot in the last 4 episodes.

Up till the end, I was still hoping to find out what exactly Tae Oh wanted for himself. Sigh. Wish the story could have been better. I really want to like Tae Oh, especially because Lee Jae Wook looks so good in that great hairstyle and suit.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 1