Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

eps 4

Hahahah...I was glad that they repeated the end of eps 3 when eps 4 started. Hyun Seung telling Jae Shin off was very hot. Of course as expected , Jae Shin could not separate work & personal matters. He has started to pick on HS , and the preview shows  that he would make life harder for HS. 

I do really like the person that HS is , and I think it very sweet that he adores SA the way he does.  My only concern is that he may actually get hurt along the way. That ending at the club was rather swoony, and I am sure Song A would have  suddenly taken notice of HS in a different light ( she must be blind , if she doesn't :pandalove:) . However, I don't know if HS can truly not want or expect more. He does already though he promises not too. I have a bad feeling there'll be some heartache for him because the hold that JS has on SA is stronger than I thought.

Plot wise , I am glad that Jae Shin finally finds out that Song A knows about his wedding. Why was it so hard for her to tell him in the 1st place? Was she trying to help him save face & make herself the bad person?  Gosh that guy really had the audacity to propose marriage to SA , knowing he's supposed to marry Hyo Joo. If Song A had said yes, would he have really broken up with HJ? Or was he somehow going to convince Song A to hang on & be his mistress?  I was shocked she told Hyun Seung in the car that she would have stayed on had HS not intervened. Does that mean she would have even stayed on to become the other woman? That scene at the car with SA and HS , post the fight between the two men,  was actually very moving. It was good she could finally let it out. I felt pretty bad for SA. I can only imagine what is like to catch someone you love cheat on you & try to make it as if it was your fault. 

Jae Shin, I suppose is intended to be a complex character. He's had it rough from those flashbacks seeing how he was constantly harassed by people looking for his swindler dad. Plus even now , that reputation as a swindler's son precedes him & people look down at him. I would have felt a lot more sorry for him had he not try to pull off the same con tactics on Song A. He can justify all he wants about this whole marriage of convenience to HJ, but he deceived SA nevertheless . So no amount of justifying would make up for it.  What did surprise me in the flashback scene was how he and Jae Woon became friends. The latter is really quite a decent chap - I was half expecting him to be a spoilt brat good for nothing chaebol heir who used money to buy Jae Shin's loyalty. He turned out to be a genuine friend to JS. 

Anyway given the current pacing, I don't quite expect any significant development between HS and SA till mid-drama. From the preview, it’s gonna get messy

Fight scene BTS

• Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 4

Oooh~ looks like from the BTS, Rowoon is the one who suggested the idea of asking consent first instead of holding Song Ah's hand first. This scene makes a really impactful ending for episode 3.

I usually like a drama where there is no villain but Jae Shin is proven to be too despicable to like. I cannot comprehend how, during the course of Song Ah ignoring him, that he did not reflect on himself or even entertained the idea that perhaps Song Ah found out about his engagement with Hyo Joo. I also really hate that when Song Ah finally told him he was not a slightest apologetic. Not only there's no ounce of sincerity but also the lack of respect for Song Ah.

To be honest, Hyun Seung would not stand a chance if Jae Shin had not cheated and if Hyun Seung hadn't forced Song Ah to face the truth. Because of the cause and effect it is only now that Song Ah is able to see Hyun Seung in another light and as a man. Thanks to Jae Shin's jealousy and unprofessionalism, he is only going to create more opportunities for Hyun Seung and push Song Ah even harder towards Hyun Seung. However, being a little sadistic (ahem), I don't want this to happen too quickly. I'm now starting to enjoy slow burn and more push/pull relationships in dramas. Hehehe. I know Song Ah will resist as per the novel so I really anticipate seeing Hyun Seung feeling hurt — just so that I can see more and variable acting performances from Rowoon.

I didn't expect there would be a fist fight so soon and boy was I worried when Jae Shin pushed Hyun Seung to the piles of chairs! All I could think of is, Rowoon's back injury hasn't healed completely yet. Thankfully upon re-watch, I can tell that was done by a stunt double. Phewwww~

My favourite scenes from this episode would have to be: 

• Song Ah being fluttered by Hyun Seung for the first time. Smooth, Hyun Seung ah! Kekeke. Rowoon looks too cute with the headband on <3.

• Hyun Seung aegyo and pretended he was beaten by Jae Shin.

• During the gathering, Manager Yoo looked like she was about to have a heart attack although at this point she was freaking out all for nothing, LOL. She's a good manager according to the novel and was supportive of Song Ah and Hyun Seung work and relationship wise. 

I wanted to like the clubbing scene because it was shot beautifully but there's that part of me that thought it may come across too creepy the guy who likes me (and I don't yet like) appearing behind me out of nowhere.

Hyun Seung's second sister's marriage is concerning. Based on the husband's character description, he sounds like he's a responsible person who does love his family but he is lonely. My one and only wish for this pairing is they don't go down the same route as Song Ah. 

Jae Woon continues to be infatuated with Ji Seung, which is hilarious. I can't figure him out — as in, is he a reliable and good person since I wouldn't want Ji Seung to be paired with him if he isn't. This actor's curled eyelashes continued to distract me and I actually look him up and I think those eyelashes are actually real. 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Hyun Seung's second sister's marriage is concerning. Based on the husband's character description, he sounds like he's a responsible person who does love his family but he is lonely. My one and only wish for this pairing is they don't go down the same route as Song Ah. 

Oh yes. Forgot to comment on this. Honestly , it smells like trouble in paradise. This sis tries to paint that she has the perfect life , but there’s a lot not going too well.  It was telling when her daughter exposed her not so pleasant remarks about her MIL. Do you think the husband is gay ? I don’t know why when she wanted to recommend his chef friend to the older sis , there was this reluctance. 

hmmm :Ghastlel:yes ....

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Omg @abs-oluteM

That did not cross my mind but it is totally possible! 😱 I avoided the temptation of the novel because I don't want to compare or be spoilered and now I want to know this part. It honestly would have suck if he is.

Hahahahahaha! I thought of you when that scene came out. We still don't have any shower scene. I need some brooding shower scene LOL

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oooh~ looks like from the BTS, Rowoon is the one who suggested the idea of asking consent first instead of holding Song Ah's hand first. This scene makes a really impactful ending for episode 3.

This bit right ? 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM @mademoiselle you guys wrote the same thing I had in mind as well while watching. 

One thing I really want to know is what’s in JS’s mind when he proposed to SA?? When he asked her if she ever think of being with him 10-20 years down the road, I was hoping SA will demand an answer from him what about 2 months down the road? Will she be in his life? Instead of returning the same question to him. Was he thinking of marrying HJ and then divorcing her? Then get together with SA?? In the preview it seemed that he would be transferred overseas after getting married. Was he thinking he could continue seeing SA long distance and come back a divorced man? This guy really made me confused. I want to know more about why he is doing what he is doing.... and to see his happy smiling face for the wedding photos... what is actually in his mind?? I am sure he knows HJ is not easy to deal with... she is not someone he can dismiss any way he wants to. 

@mademoiselle yes I agree it will be kinda creepy (and awkwardly embarrassing) to have someone standing guard at the back while I am dancing myself away. But that must be an iconic scene from the webtoon that it has to be included. The moment that SA fell for HS? Not my way of falling in love with a guy for sure hahahaaa 

Oh, HS bro in law, definitely in relationship with the chef. My gut feeling. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

BTS

JTBC has shared another behind-the-scenes look at Won Jin Ah and SF9’s Rowoon on the set of “She Would Never Know”!

“She Would Never Know” is a drama about the complicated office romance between two co-workers on the marketing team for a cosmetics brand called Klar. Won Jin Ah stars as the perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon plays her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung.

The making-of clip shows the brilliant chemistry between the two lead actors.

First off, Rowoon and Won Jin Ah go over their lines and discuss the most effective way to portray them. The director steps in with advice, and Rowoon says his line in a childish tone, making everyone laugh. Off camera, Rowoon and Won Jin Ah joke around, but once they go into filming, they immerse into their characters.

Next, Rowoon prepares for the scene where he has to give a presentation. His playful side comes out though, and he jokes around with the staff. He’s given a device, and he says, “This air conditioner… Oh, it’s a laser…” He looks a bit confused by everything, and he comments, “I don’t like presentations.” He talks in a funny voice, causing the staff to burst into laughter. One crew member even asks, “What’s wrong with him?”

Rowoon playfully asks Yang Jo Ah, who plays the general manager in the drama, if she has a question. She can’t seem to come up with a question, and when she stalls, Rowoon jokes, “Please talk quickly.” Yang Jo Ah asks who Klar belongs to, and taken aback, Rowoon answers it’s the online platform Naver. Disappointed, she says, “You don’t even know who your boss is.”

rowoon5.jpg

Won Jin Ah and Rowoon reunite again for a scene where they eat dinner with their co-workers. They practice their lines that revolve around Yang Jo Ah pointing out that they look like they fought. Won Jin Ah jokes, “Follow me. Come with me, you little punk.” Rowoon asks if they really look like they fought, and when the answer is yes, he chortles and says to Won Jin Ah, “They said we look like we fought!” Won Jin Ah playfully glares at him and comments, “You think you’re a match for me? How dare you!”

she-would-never-know-1.jpg

source: soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1

Some new stills

2fb8c49c512709ece7b782d2c525af21d1865795

Es9WmG1VgAMH-BU?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Es9Wl8zU0AIBBeC?format=jpg&name=largeEs9WmQFUcAAcTH6?format=jpg&name=large

SF9’s Rowoon has shared his thoughts on his character in his latest drama “She Would Never Know”!

The idol-turned-actor is currently starring in the JTBC romance drama as Chae Hyun Seung, a marketing team employee at a cosmetics brand who is hopelessly in love with his older colleague Yoon Song Ah (played by Won Jin Ah).

Describing how he prepared for the role, Rowoon remarked, “In contrast to my character in my previous drama, where I tried to give off a mysterious vibe, there are parts where Hyun Seung needs to have more energy. So I used my body a lot, and I also tried to change my voice.”

“I worked hard to make Chae Hyun Seung a three-dimensional character,” he added, “and I even took into consideration what kind of sides of himself he would show in the second half of the drama. For the first half of the drama, I thought a lot about what the charms of a younger man might be, and I asked around a lot [about that]. I’m trying to do a good job playing up those charms [in the drama].”

Rowoon’s character is a bold romantic who isn’t afraid to express his feelings, and as “She Would Never Know” is an adaptation of a popular web novel, he faces the daunting task of delivering many famous lines that have already made countless readers swoon. For example, the literal Korean title of the drama is one such line: “Sunbae [a term of address for a senior colleague], don’t wear that lipstick.”

Explaining his approach to these kinds of romantic lines, Rowoon revealed, “I thought that for lines of this kind of temperature, it’s especially important to deliver them in a clean, plain way. So I’ve been reading them in lots of different ways and trying to feel them out.”

“She Would Never Know” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 9 p.m. KST.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1