English Title: She Would Never Know

Director: Lee Dong Yoon

Writer: Chae Yoon

Episodes: 16

Genre: Romance

Broadcast station: JTBC

Online Streaming Site: iQiyi | Netflix |

Production Company: JTBC Studios
Schedule: 18th January - 9th March 2021 (Mon - Tue)

Original Web Novel: Naver Series

Websites: Official Website | Naver | NamuWiki | Naver TV | DC Gall |

Plot Summary

Based on a 2017 web novel of the same name. Yoon Song-A (Won Jin Ah) works as a marketer for a cosmetic brand. She enjoys her job and does it with vigor. Her dream is to start her own cosmetic brand. Meanwhile, Chae Hyun-Seung (Ro Woon) works with Yoon Song-A as a marketer. He becomes attracted to Yoon Song-A and tries to develop a romantic relationship with her. However, Yoon Song-A rebuffs his advances, because she does not see younger guys as dating partners (source: AsianWiki).

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6

FjUjFfk.jpgMain Casts

Won Jin Ah as Yoon Song Ah (28), a 3 years old marketer in the marketing team for cosmetic company, KLAR.

Ro Woon as Chae Hyun Seung (27), a one year employee in the marketing team.

Lee Hyun Wook as Lee Jae Shin (35), Marketing Team Leader (Brand Manager) of KLAR. Abandoned by his mother and a son of a con man. Jae Shin had nothing until he met Jae Woon.

Lee Joo Bin as Lee Hyo Joo (26), a young photographer, grandaughter of the founder of cosmetic brand.

Lee Kyu Han as Lee Jae Woon (35), the managing director and heir of KLAR. Jae Woon is friends with Jae Shin and likes Hyun Seung's eldest sister, Ji Seung.

People Around Chae Hyun Seung

Wang Bit Na as Chae Ji Seung (37), designer and CEO of a wedding dress shop and Hyun Seung's sister.

Ha Yoon Kyung as Chae Yeon Seung (33), Hyun Seung's second older sister. A housewife married for 8 years with a 7 years old daughter.

Lee Dong Ha as Kang Woo Hyun (35), a director of a large Oriental Medical Clinic at Gangnam. Yeon Seung's husband.

Park So Yi as Kang Ha Eun (7), daughter of Yeon Seung and Woo Hyun. She is Uncle Hyun Seung's love advisor.

Choi Jung Won as Ryu Han Seo (35), owner of a restaurant in Gangnam and is Woo Hyun's only friend.

People Around Yoon Song Ah

Lee Ji Hyun as Oh Wol Sun (52), Song Ah's mother and the owner of a coffee shop.

Kang Hye Jin as Kim Ga Young (28), a salesperson at the department store and Song Ah's close friend.

Character Chart

4XvsET0.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 6

Preview Teaser / Trailer

Spoiler

First Teaser

Alternative link - iQiyi

Second Teaser

Alternative link - iQiyi

Third Teaser

Alternative link - iQiyi

Fourth Teaser

Alternate link - iQiyi

Compilation of all 3s Teasers

Script Reading

5 Mins Preview Highlight

Alternate link (iQiyi Chinese sub)

Making of the Poster

Alternative link - iQiyi (with Chinese sub)

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Rowoon talks about his character in Cosmopolitan Korea August edition:

On the topic of his upcoming drama “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” (literal title), Rowoon compared himself to his character Chae Hyun Seung. “There was something that I’ve wanted to try out, and that was having a lot of lines,” he said. “I was also attracted by the fact that my character has a very outspoken personality. He’s different from my own personality because he’s refreshingly honest.”

source: Soompi News

• Like 2
On 9/10/2020 at 5:02 AM, stroppyse said:

This title cracks me up whenever I see it. I think I may tune in just to see what causes him to tell her not to put lipstick on.

Hahaha. It depends whether it is one particular lipstick colour or all lipsticks. My guess is it makes her seductive and so he doesn't want her to wear it (either to protect his heart or have other men be attracted to her). :eeeee:

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2020.11.12 Script Reading Stills is finally released!

KCSvLZL.jpg

AUwkeFn.jpg

Spoiler

CTxWhxI.jpg
RS52cON.jpg
IsM2Zbc.jpg
OylA15O.jpg
HdZpAYl.jpg

source

JTBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” (literal translation) has given a look at its script reading session with the cast!

The new drama is an office romance that tells the love story between a lovely sunbae (someone senior at work, school, or in an industry) and a bold hoobae (junior) who has it all: good looks, cuteness, sexiness, and a serious aura.

At the script reading were Won Jin Ah, SF9’s Rowoon, Lee Hyun Wook, Lee Joo Bin, Lee Kyu Han, Wang Bit Na, Ha Yun Kyung, Kang Hye Jin, child actress Park So Yi, as well as director Lee Dong Yoon and screenwriter Chae Yoon.

To kick off the session, director Lee Dong Yoon said, “I’m truly thankful to be able to work with the best actors who are perfect for their roles. This drama will be about various kinds of romance. It will also tell the love stories of other couples, not just the main characters.”

Won Jin Ah, who will play Yoon Song Ah, a professional brand marketer at a cosmetics company, said, “It feels special that for the first time, the atmosphere seems like I’m with family even before we’ve begun.” She continued, “I will my do my best alongside my co-stars to create a perfect drama.”

Rowoon, who will be the straightforward hoobae cosmetics brand marketer Chae Hyun Seung, commented, “I’ll work hard while learning, having fun, and depending on others.” During the script reading, Won Jin Ah and Rowoon showed off perfect chemistry as they transformed into their characters.

sunbae-dont-put-on-that-lipstick-1.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Hyun Wook portrayed his mature character Lee Jae Shin, and Lee Joo Bin showed off her role as Lee Hyo Joo, who is cold but lovable. Additionally, Lee Kyu Han will be Lee Jae Woon, the brother of Lee Hyo Joo and the marketing director of the cosmetics company.

Wang Bit Na plays Chae Ji Seung, the CEO of a wedding dress shop, while Ha Yun Kyung portrays Chae Yeon Seung, the mother of Park So Yi’s character and the sister of Chae Ji Seung and Chae Hyun Seung. The trio showed off their realistic back-and-forth as siblings at the reading.

Furthermore, Kang Hye Jin, who is better known as the YouTuber Hey Jini, will be the entertaining Kim Ga Young, Yoon Song Ah’s best friend.

The drama’s production team commented, “The teamwork and chemistry among the actors was so great that the atmosphere was undoubtedly great as well. Everyone is doing their best so that this good energy can be relayed to our viewers. Please look forward to it.”

“Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” premieres in the first half of 2021 following the conclusion of “Live On,” starring NU’EST’s Minhyun and Jung Da Bin.

Source (1) (2)

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

2020.11.26 SF9’s Rowoon And Won Jin Ah Share A Romantic Kiss In 1st Poster For Upcoming Drama

61ebf31a92ec47dfa01a3eef8aeea3f2.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” (literal translation) has released its swoon-worthy first poster!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” will tell the love story of the perfectionist Yoon Song Ah (played by Won Jin Ah) and her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung (played by Rowoon), who works with her on the marketing team for a cosmetics brand.

In the newly released poster for the upcoming drama, Yoon Song Ah and Chae Hyun Seung share a passionate kiss in the middle of the street just as the sun sets, with time appearing to stop for the two lovers as others pass them by.

The romantic moment is adorned with the caption: “Work and romance: do both of these things with me, sunbae [a term of address for a senior colleague].”

Won-Jin-Ah-Rowoon-2.jpg

“Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” is currently slated to premiere in January 2021, following the conclusion of JTBC’s “Live On.”

Are you excited to see Rowoon and Won Jin Ah in this new romance drama?

Source (1) via soompi

@Alice Wonderland I'm soooo jealoussss :pandasadspoon: 

Looks like another leading lady of his will be complaining of neck pain :eeeee:

@JenL Looookkkkkk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Looookkkkkk

Ho ho ho ho :wow::wow2::hearties: When they kiss for the poster shoot alone!

I feel like I'm really going for these noona romances with ex Extraordinary You stars lately :laugh: First DDSSLLS, now this. Looking forward to this. I like Rowoon as an actor and he's so fun behind the scenes. I hope his character will be interesting though. 

I just love the title. Hahaha, what shade of lipstick is it? :smug:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

15 minutes ago, JenL said:

Ho ho ho ho  When they kiss for the poster shoot alone!

I feel like I'm really going for this noona romances with ex Extraordinary You stars lately  First DDSSLLS, now this. Looking forward to this. I like Rowoon as an actor and he's so fun behind the scenes. I hope his character will be interesting though. 

I just love the title though. Hahaha, what shade of lipstick is it? 

I can't believe they kissed for a poster (already!) I'm not ready for kisses yet, lol. That said, since this is more of an adult drama Rowoon will have to show some good kissing skills coz what we got in Extraordinary You was really kiddy, lol. I hope they release more posters and character posters soon. *Squealsssss* and also hope Rowoon has improved further in acting too after Extraordinary You. No idea of the shade. Guess we'll find out whether it's all lipstick or the shade of the lipstick. 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm soooo jealoussss :pandasadspoon: 

Looks like another leading lady of his will be complaining of neck pain 

Ah... me too. Lols. Yea she must be. Hahaha. Look at those high heels don't help that much. Hahaha. But that pose of the two are just so romantic. 

Oh haru yaaa... otteokhae uri dan oh?? Hahaha. It's hard for me to see him other than haru. Well. Let's see time will tell. 

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

And some shows even handsome / cute guys can't save it.

Should I add the examples here??  :laugh:

10 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@mademoiselle the poster itself already showed kissing 🤔 I might skip this one haha... Didn't really pique my interest somehow... 

So what r you watching now silver? Hahaha. Both MTF and DDLLS are turned boring. Lols. But at least LJW keep me hanging on a bit. Handsome guy does can save it sometimes. Lols

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2