Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

@ktcjdrama @mademoiselle The mum is annoying but I am wondering if her holding on to these good memories of her husband is her way of blocking off bad memories of him. I have a feeling that she also knew he cheated but does not accept that reality ( and does not tell Song Ah as well). That could be the reason she is so against Song Ah getting married. If she had a happy marriage, any woman in her right mind would want the same happiness for their daughter.

By the way , Rowoon's skin is really nice....:pandablush: and I agree he was an adorable drunk ....

This was hilarious

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

So many BTS 😍 @abs-oluteM Lotsa biceps in here.

Yeah !!!!! :pandahappy:...he looks just so good with the black tee..think this one is the best angle 

giphy.gif

You see this gif I made..I love that split second where he raise his eyebrow.  very cheeky

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

LOLLLL @abs-oluteM I don't know how but I misread "they" as "you" in your first sentence and puzzled for a second or 2 thinking, "Huh? Dating? With who? Rowoon?" Okkkk sure.  :laugh: Hahaha I'm not exactly waiting* but yes, definitely is happy to be able to see Hyun Seung again.

*it just means I've to go to bed soon.

But nahhh, it's too early for them to be dating. If going by the novel, they didn't get together until much later.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1

Episode 7 Cuts & Quick Recap

Continuing from last episode, Song Ah fell asleep on Hyun Seung's shoulder. Just as Hyun Seung was going to lift her fringe she wakes up. Hyun Seung suggests she takes a nap which she reluctantly agrees. Hyun Seung ran to his car to grab some blankets for her in the rain. He set up the sofa for her. However, Song Ah feels bad seeing him soaking wet and asks him to dry up. He refuses at first but Song Ah insists he sits down. As she wipes the rain on his face, she asks why he likes her. Hyun Seung tells her it wasn't love at first sight. At the time when he first saw her, he just wanted to see her again but as he got to know her more, he just likes her and doesn't know when it all started. He just likes her because it is her. However, Song Ah said she's not that kind, sometimes she's pathetic and even a bad person. She tells him his heart is too big for her to accept. Hyun Seung wants to wait and promises he won't make her uncomfortable but all Song Ah could give him is "I am sorry".

Gosh, I do love this scene. So poignant. Rowoon's big eyes were just bling bling shining and emoting. :pandalove:

While the two slave themselves through the night and Hyun Seung getting his heart broken (Feelsssss ♥♥♥), drunk Jae Shin goes home to find Hyo Joo rampaging through his walk-in closet throwing some of his clothes onto the floor. The scene ended with Jae Shin kissing Hyo Joo and the scene becomes blur suggesting they may have done more than kissing after that. Ugh. Point of no return for you, dude.

Spoiler

They got their job done in time the next morning but the atmosphere was awkward for both Song Ah and Hyun Seung. Hyun Seung, even though didn't show it, was quiet all the way in the car and Song Ah was the one feeling uncomfortable so she suggested listening to the radio. As predicted, the radio decided to talk about a hoobae getting rejected by sunbae, LOLLLL. They listen just enough and Song Ah switches off the radio. Her stomach then decides to protest in hunger. Hyun Seung obviously heard it and suggests they stop by the rest stop for food. The silence continues as they eat. Hyun Seung's phone then rang about work. He excuses himself and left Song Ah by herself...

At the team meeting, Jae Shin praises Hyun Seung for his quick wit in handling the lipstick issue. Then the nosy colleague Ahn Daeli decided to remind everyone Hyun Seung and Song Ah spent a night together, asking them if anything happened. Both of them got a bit nervous but Ahn was actually talking about whether they've encountered a ghost. Song Ah tells her nothing happened that night but in saying that Hyun Seung made a knowing look (to me it looked more like his heart was stabbed again). Hyun Seung is then appointed to participate in the contest on behalf of the team because no one else wants to and Song Ah had already done it for the past years. Standing in front of the poster, Hyun Seung looks stressed, LOLLL.

He then had a drink with the other two rookie colleagues discussing what ideas they could come up while the KLAR team found out from the news that Jae Shin is getting married. The news article is taken down almost immediately by Jae Woon's request; however, Jae Shin tells Jae Woon he is okay to announce the marriage. He returns to the office and confirms the news as fact. Hyun Seung rushes back to the office, looking worried, but stop at his track and couldn't bring himself to get close to Song Ah.

In a private dining room, Hyo Joo apologies to Haraboji that she had no idea the photo would get on SNS. Pfffft. Yeah right! I'm pretty sure she orchestrated it all, even Haraboji knows and advises her it doesn't have to be Jae Shin, there are many more good men out there. The way he talks seem to suggest he knows Jae Shin doesn't love Hyo Joo and possibly know Jae Shin was seeing Song Ah. However, Hyo Joo is adamant that she had learnt from Haraboji not to expect too much and she is fine just having Jae Shin by her side even if she doesn't have his heart.

Late at the office, Hyun Seung is staying back so that he could brainstorm some ideas with the rookies. They came to get him and invited Song Ah to dinner. Hyun Seung immediately jumps out of his chair looking uneasy. The guy rookie can't keep his mouth shut telling Song Ah Hyun Seung has been complimenting her. Hyun Seung cuts him off and ushers him away.

The kids discuss their ideas but are worried about the cost of the packaging. Guy rookie suggests they ask Song Ah. So Hyun Seung approaches her. After that he can't help but asks if she's okay with the wedding announcement but realises that he shouldn't have and apologises. Love that forlorn expression he made. My heart aches for Hyun Seung, yet enjoying that mild aches. SO GOOD.

It's the weekend, Hyun Seung's out and about doing market research. Song Ah was deep in thoughts thinking about the look Hyun Seung wore on his face while folding clothes. Her friend/housemate decided to drag her out shopping. Just as they are about to head to lunch, they spotted Hyun Seung on the other side of the road. Girlfriend stopped Hyun Seung and he freaks out a little with the encounter. God I love all these expressions Rowoon is making! Both greeted each other awkwardly and the friend notices. She then invites Hyun Seung to lunch and basically forced him to join. Girlfriend then pretended to go to the bathroom but left them on their own. Hehehehe. Thank you, cupid friend!

On the street Song Ah spotted Manager Kang from afar and without thinking, she grabs Hyun Seung's hand and tells him to run. Turning into a corner they break off because Song Ah's lost her heel. Hyun Seung helps her put it back on and instinctively held her hand and they ran again. They finally stop for a rest. Hyun Seung then wonders why they had to run. Puzzled as well, Song Ah said she doesn't know too. This finally broke the ice and they both laughed out loud.

Hyun Seung walks Song Ah home and Song Ah apologises for hurting Hyun Seung's feelings for what she said and tells him she wishes he wouldn't make that face. She also clarifies she can't handle anyone right now; it's not because of him. Hyun Seung said it's fine, he was getting greedy as well. He promises he will keep a distance between them, and that's good enough for him (yeah right!)

The lipstick had been relaunched but Ji Seung didn't have time to go to the store. Jae Woon was so cute too waiting for Ji Seung (probably everyday?). He really dolled up the first day for her (and put on facial sheet mask with cute cat ear headband as bonus the night before, hahaha). How is he so different to Hyo Joo? I shudder at the idea that if he and Ji Seung got married, Jae Shin is married to Hyo Joo and Hyun Seung and Song Ah get together, then Song Ah and Jae Shin will still be "family" by marriage. Urghhhhh... awkward!

Oops, I digress. On the last day Ji Seung rushed to the store but Jae Woon stepped away to have tea with a business partner. The store lady informed Ji Seung the lipstick is sold out. Looking disappointed, she turned to walk away only to be greeted by Jae Woon signalling to his watch that she's so late. Haha, cute and cheeky.

They then move to have a drink and Jae Woon handed Ji Seung a gift box which we all know is the lipstick. They then exchanged names. Ji Seung asked if Jae Woon has his business card with him and suggested they officially make a date for next time. Ooooh. This progresses a lot more quicker than I thought it'd be!

Back in the office, Song Ah is trying out some samples on her hand and she looks up to see Manager Kang in the reflection of her mirror and gave her a fright. Manager Kang rolls her chair towards Song Ah with an intensive stare making Song Ah super nervous thinking they got caught red-handed that weekend. Hyun Seung cracks up laughing~

Hyo Joo visits Jae Woon at work. As she leaves the office, she docks that neither Jae Woon or Song Ah are at their seats. She joins Hyun Seung and rookie colleague in the elevator. Oblivious, Rookie guy had to mention Song Ah being single and wanting to set her up with his friend for a blind date. Rookie colleague gets out of the elevator at his floor, while Hyun Seung and Hyo Joo continue down to the ground floor. As the door opens, they were greeted by both Jae Shin and Song Ah standing side by side. Hyo Joo immediately freaks out, "Why are you two together?" and in super slo-mo, Hyun Seung walks out from the elevator, shielding Song Ah from Hyo Joo's wrath with his manly back/gangster shoulder. "Let's go, Sunbae" he said, and held Song Ah's hand and take her away. Wooooot!

:wow: Hyun Seung to the rescue again!!!

Rowoon the ending fairy again!!!

Episode 8 Preview

Hyun Seung's ex-girlfriend appears in the next episode. Looks like they are awkward again. Good good. Let's continue on with that a bit bit longer. And looks like Hyun Seung might have told Ahn Daeli he likes Song Ah. Uh-oh.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

OST 5 Yoo Sung Eun - I Live in Your Eyes

@abs-oluteM Isn't this the song/BGM used when Hyun Seung was dancing to himself? Hehehe

Yes! ...I think one of my favourite things about this drama is watching a person ( in this case HS) go through all the emotions of having a one sided crush.

------------------------

TBH at the start of the episode 7 , I was expecting things to progress a bit more after she fell asleep on his shoulders - after all it felt like she had opened up to him in the last episode. So I was somewhat crushed on his behalf when she rejected him. Poor boy. What's worse was that it was not that he had confessed or demanded anything of her - he was content to just adore at a distance. But I guess she had wanted to kill off any feelings he may have lest he thinks she is giving him a chance.

To be fair -she's doing the right thing since it's barely been a month ( I think )  since she had broken up with Jae Shin. ( timeline based on the fact that she found out all this 2 months before his wedding to Hyo Joo) . I guess she's afraid that she may ended up hurting HS if she gives him false hope and ends up on a rebound. Interestingly, everyone senses the awkwardness between them after that. LOL.

Anyhow this scene though and the ending scene definitely saved the day. Why did she ask to run? Lol! I suppose she didn't want Manager Kang to misunderstand that they were seeing each other outside work hours. It turned out to be very sweet scene. First time , I see Song A smile as happy as she did here:

nwX92bs.png

The other scene I was so looking forward to was HS's sis and Jae Woon's department store meet up. I was squealing when she finally turned up and that he didn't miss her. So cute that he waited all weekend for her . And wow, I didn't expect her to agree to have an official 1st date this soon. They make a super cute pair. It is  strangely quite romantic that he revived an entire product line for her!

AlwZmpl.png

I did feel a little bad for Jae Shin this episode when his father hounded him for money again. It was harsh that he had to use money to severe ties with his useless father, but I suppose I cannot blame him. Whether or not he marries Hyo Joo, it is exhausting to have such a father.  Talking about Hyo Joo, I do think that she'll never be fully secure. Despite Jae Shin's promise of giving her more attention and the official announcement of their upcoming wedding, it is clear that she is always going to be suspicious of Song A and JS as per the ending scene.

Thankfully our handsome nice arms hoobae saved her here:

LoIyF6o.png

• Heart Eyes 1

Episode 7 Thoughts

5848167020fd5bb7d73e6a0b10b5ea9880cb5483

Pitiful Hyun Seung. His feelings had gone on a rollercoaster ride for the past few days (or weeks?), agonising over Song Ah might leave for Europe and just when he was happy she isn't going, she rejects him few hours later. But I thoroughly enjoyed the above scene (Rowoon looks gorgeous in wet hair and the intensity of his eyes looking at Song Ah). The highlight scenes for me in this episode mostly resolve around when these two are super awkward and Hyun Seung's reactions to Song Ah. I could feel tiny tingling pain in my heart for Hyun Seung each time he looks lost, down or dejected. I quite enjoy these little moments and really don't mind it is continued a few more episodes because I love seeing these expressions from Rowoon's portrayal and feeling his emotions. Although I feel sorry for Hyun Seung, I am glad that Song Ah is upfront about how she feels right at this moment about not ready for any new relationship. It showed her sincerity and respect for Hyun Seung.

I've actually never believe Hyun Seung was capable of keeping his feelings in and not be greedy wanting more or expect Song Ah to reciprocate. One's heart is never easy to control. He may behave for a while, but the feelings will overflow and show. And we see it in the next episode he leans on Song Ah when he should be keeping his distance (although I don't know the reason yet and whether that would make them awkward all over again). The good thing is Song Ah is meant to fall for him because if not, it would actually burden the other party.

01e8ec9851fff9df8f525c99edebf0f2a58f225f

The development between Yeon Seung and Chef had already started! It was mentioned in the character descriptions that they will get closer. The teaser description ends there and didn't tell us more what would happen next so I'll have to wait and see where this will take them.

Spoiler

15cac55929dc57e151f7303df12356799bd42e9b

How is Jae Woon related to Hyo Joo? He's too adorable and she's so... bitchy! I didn't expect Ji Seung to agree on a date so soon to be honest. I hope they won't move too quick and I want to see Jae Woon being funny some more, but less cheesy.

@abs-oluteM I can't blame Hyo Joo's reaction because her instinct was actually right in this instance. Although Song Ah has cut ties with Jae Shin but it's truth that there was something going on there. The only thing that's wrong is she shouldn't direct her anger at Song Ah without checking the facts.

8227ab20a955b2c3bf51a008ede0a4c9cf12011a

I included the above picture just because I'm attracted to the design of the bowls. Hahaha.

@ktcjdrama Are you still watching? Please do come in to share your thoughts.

• Clapping Hands 1
13 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I quite enjoy these little moments and really don't mind it is continued a few more episodes because I love seeing these expressions from Rowoon's portrayal and feeling his emotions. Although I feel sorry for Hyun Seung, I am glad that Song Ah is upfront about how she feels right at this moment about not ready for any new relationship. It showed her sincerity and respect for Hyun Seung.

ahahaha...I know you enjoy watching your oppas suffer or maybe the better word is brood. :smug:

I am all for it but hey do it in the shower....ahahaha.  

No matter how HS promises he will keep his distance, it is gonna be hard. The heart wants what it wants. That's why I suppose Song A wanted to put a break on it immediately. But now that they hold hands so openly in the office premise, I wonder if they will keep up with this charade. 

• Haha 1