Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

2 hours ago, Noonapau said:

I feel JS's dad's death is a plot device to postpone the wedding and it looks like it will end the engagement. Not sure how JS will leave unscathed (from both his HJ and the granddad) 

You’re so on point. I have been wondering what’s story to tell if he got married so early in the episode and turned out that wedding will be postponed. 

14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

What surprised me somewhat was JS instead of feeling relived was actually sad. With this it does really mean he would have no more burdens on him . Yet, there seems to be regret.  I suppose at the end of the day, the old man ( as despicable as he is ) was still his father. Is this perhaps a wake-up call for JS to live an honest life.

Yeah, that familial ties is not something one can just severe easily. Which is why the demand from HJ family is a bit too much actually. If you can’t accept his background then don’t accept him as in-laws. All because of HJ’s childish insistence. But regarding honest life, he hasn’t really been not honest about his life. He worked hard to repay the kindness (cash) he received from JW’s family. Okay, the bit about hiding his engagement and marriage from SA, is dishonest, but I still give it to him that he was kinda forced into it. If he can choose, he would probably not choose marriage with HJ. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Yes. I was impressed as we could see how he was feeling in that scene. Even the murderous glare he gave his college mate for introducing someone to SA. 

0YFA1w.png

Proud boyfriend look

ggDg85.png

Pursed lips and getting unhappy

HTXWR0.png

Not as handsome as me though

Spoiler

ggDg85.png

I'm going to kill you my friend.

h9ApXb.png

Did she mean me? The one she is concerned about?

dyQe9a.png

Yes. I am one of them!

foZvpb.png

I'm one step closer!

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, Noonapau said:

Looks like a lot of people are falling in love with RoWoon. LOL.

He is as young as my students! Now I feel old. Haha.

He has that mix of youthful naiveté and the physicality of a mature man. What a mix! You don't know whether to pinch his cheeks or to cuddle him. 

No need to hesitate. Cuddle then pinch.

• Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

New Stills

Hyun Seung getting in trouble? But... if only Jae Woon knew he's Ji Seung's baby dongsaeng, kekeke! I'm liking Hyun Seung's death stare, LOLLLL.

202102220902302410_1.jpg

That sleazy Manager should be fired. I can never comprehend why companies always have someone like this in managerial position. So difficult to respect that kind of personality and work ethics.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

[News] Actress Kim Mi Kyung Will Make A Special Appearance in Tonight's Episode of She Would Never Know

105548871.1.jpg

Website Translated:

Kim Mi-kyung will make a special appearance as the mother of Lee Jae-shin (played by Lee Hyun Wook) in the 11th episode of "Sunbae, Don't Wear That Lipstick," which will air on Monday night, February 22.

Earlier, Lee Jae-shin was furious when his father, who had been insulating the father-son relationship by holding 300 million won, reappeared. I wonder why and through what process he met his mother.

What is especially anticipated is the presence of actress Kim Mi-kyung. Kim Mi-kyung is an actress who instantly immerses audiences and viewers with her own colorful acting in any work or character she meets. Attention is focusing on how actress Kim Mi-kyung, who has a clear personality, acting skills, and presence, will shine on the play. Furthermore, it is also anticipated how he will act with Lee Hyun-wook, who plays Lee Jae-shin.

Meanwhile, Kim Mi-kyung, who spent a busy time crossing screens and small screens, is currently considering her next film. A special opportunity to see Kim Mi-kyung's passionate performance before her return. JTBC's Monday-Tuesday drama "Sunbae, Don't Wear That Lipstick" will air at 9 p.m. on Monday (22nd).

original source (1)

---

:PsyWhat: Oh what? Why she plays his Omma, not Rowoon's? Lee Hyun Wook is so lucky to have a scene with Kim Mi Kyung! I love her!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Pre-release cut for tonight's episode

http://naver.me/FBw6zBfW

LOL, too funny. They tried to pretend they aren't dating but everyone knows 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Song A was trying so hard. LOL. She should just be natural .

Hmm look forward to this scene :Ghastlel:

EuzIFE5VEAEoOJZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I am very sad to report that I've to pass the baton to you @abs-oluteM, the recaps from now on, if you are up for it. I still encounter system error for iQiyi VIP sign up. :cry: Otherwise I'm happy to just post the cuts and not adding recaps and I can also sleep early from now on, LOLLL.

26461077_anigif(3).thumb.gif.7d6e8f8e273

1 hour ago, Noonapau said:

@mademoiselle

I think sleazy managers are the norm in the workplace. 

There is always bound to be one or more of them. 

I can't wait for tonight's episode!

Yeah, God wants our life to be interesting and with varieties.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2

There was  quite a bit that happened tonight in the midst of the honeymoon bliss of our new couple.

eps 11 recaps

NEW COUPLE BLISS
They repeated the kiss from the camping scene. Followed by a cute sleep over in the tent together ( now get your mind off the gutter - nothing happened since it was NEGATIVE 20C ...ahahah ) . It was quite a cute lead up to it since he was going to volunteer to sleep in the car , and let her sleep comfortably in the tent ( though he was hoping she'd invite him anyway). In the tent they had a nice sweet conversation.

There were a lot of sweet stolen moments at work , and dates. We had a really good kiss here :

They tried hard to hide their romance , but heck these two are way to obvious - everyone knows for sure that they are dating ( though they pretend not too).

WORK POLITICS

As expected BM Seo retaliates - angry that HS had snubbed him the last time. They too wanted to release the "Renew Stick" for their brand arguing that HS's winning design can be used for the entire company since they are different brands. HS did confront Seo about it , and later on with the guy manager brought this up to Jae Woon , asking him to mediate over this. Seo gave a good reasoning about the need to raise sales for the company. JW agreed with Seo. HS had no choice to but concede. 

After team dinner , and before that sweet kiss above, Song A gave the idea to HS to release the Renew Stick as a promotional gift instead ( and Seo will have to follow suit) . HS went with her idea and this upset BM Seo. But the rationale and logic that HS gave to Jae Woon made sense , and it was approved. Later in the lift , JW praised HS for his tenacity etc . HS credit his idea to SA. JW said it was not surprising since he is learning from the best & let out a sigh of regret that SA won't be going to Europe.

CHAE SIBLINGS

Over lunch , big sis Ji Seung tells the other two she was dating. They were excited but she said she will tell them who later.  (Sadly no scenes of JS and JW together today!) Also had a scene where  second sis , hubs and chef had dinner. Things turned awkward. Husband was very uncomfortable. Later when chef came to see the hubs for accupuncture treatment, the hubs wanted to distant himself from the chef . Is the hubs feeling bad that something went on between him & the chef in the past ?

JAE SHIN's arc

JS was still on leave post his father's funeral. He was distant from Hyo Joo. She felt it and drowned her sorrows in alcohol and partying at clubs. JS looked for his mother. Initially he was hesitant to talk to her but second time round he went into eatery that she worked in (or owned). She did recognise him. It was very sad . JS told her about the dad's passing. She said it was good since he was a waste of space ( have to agree with her) . JS wanted to know if she had regrets. She avoided answering. As he left , in anger (probably feeling regret ) she blurted that she was has no regrets that she abandoned him.  Here I must add that I felt bad. 

JS & HJ's BREAK UP

JS and HJ finally break up after a heated argument. She was mad that he kept pushing her away. JS finally said that he was sick of all this. JS even resigned from work and went missing. HJ could not contact him. After searching everywhere , she headed for the office & confronted Song A who was leaving work. She asked Song A where she hid JS in front of the rest of the colleagues. Sigh so now SongA & JS secret relationship in the past will be exposed. This is not going to be good for SA's reputation at work.

PREVIEW

A new snobbish intern joins them. Looks like SongA has to tell Jae Woon her past with Jae Shin. Some unkind words about SA - office rumors of sort. Our handsome HS being a great supportive BF all the way, and seems to want her to take up the position in Europe

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 minutes ago, Noonapau said:

I haven't watched the episode but went on Twitter.

Tons of stuff about the skinship but not much mention about what happened at work. LOL

Or about the other Chae siblings too....

Thank you @abs-oluteMfor the recaps. 

I guess I'll watch tomorrow with subs and put my two cents then. 

You're welcome. I liked this episode a lot. Skin ship aside , I love how their progressing as a couple. And for once , I empathise with Jae Shin  and feel sorry for him. The work stuff is important as we see HS's career growth and also it highlights that Jae Woon is a good boss too ( on top of being a good friend to JS). He is the most surprising character for me as I had always thought in early episodes that he was going to be a diva. But he's a diva with a heart :MewGiggle:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1