Bokura Wa Koi Ga Heta Sugiru (We Are Too Bad at Love) - 僕らは恋がヘタすぎる [JP Drama 2020]

ago6vfV.jpg

d9284-328-719944-0.jpg

story02.jpg

Official Website
www.asahi.co.jp/bokuheta

Broadcast
From 11.55 p.m., Sundays, 25 October 2020

Episodes: 7

Network
ABC TV

Story
Fujiwara Hana and Katayama Mizuki have been best friends since elementary school. When Hana gets dumped by her boyfriend who was cheating on her, Hana and Mizuki take a trip together to relieve her heartbreak.

They meet two guys – Narita Yosuke and Ichinose Ayumu – at a hot spring inn at their destination. Although they have only just become acquainted, Yosuke suddenly starts to lecture Hana when he notices that she does not say what she wants. Hana uncharacteristically explodes after he points out her flaw and walks off.

Several days later, Mizuki calls Hana, asking to meet Yosuke again. Hana has just started on a new project in her role in product development. Although she is tired from working all through the night, she is unable to turn Mizuki down when she shows up outside her office and drags her to meet Yosuke and Ayumu.

Hana starts to realise that her inability to speak out because she is too mindful of others is a shortcoming and tries to change. On the other hand, Mizuki, who has never dated seriously before, wants to be loved. Yosuke is despised for saying things that he thinks are for the other person’s sake while Ayumu is a mixture of kindness and frivolousness.

Then there is Ayumu’s “younger brother” Kanata. Friendship, jealousy, betrayal and quarrels swirl in each of them. They start to come to terms with themselves through love.

Characters
Kawashima Umika as Fujiwara Hana
She belongs to a convenience store chain’s product development team and is in charge of creating sweets. She is too mindful of people and kind, and this is at the expense of herself. She has been protected by her good friend Katayama Mizuki all this while but...

2172023-202009150691496001600124430c.jpg

Shirasu Jin as Narita Yosuke
A management consultant. The handsome but foulmouth guy that Fujiwara Hana met on her trip. He has an overbearing and straightforward personality. Although he thinks that what he says is for the other person’s sake, he turns a lot of people around him off because of that.

qjqjss.jpg

Asakawa Nana as Katayama Mizuki
Fujiwara Hana’s good friend since she was an elementary school student. She has never seriously dated a guy before and has always been treated as a friend with benefits. She yearns to be loved.

Shiono Akihisa as Ichinose Ayumu
Narita Yosuke’s friend. There is a “shadow” in his heart that he has not told anyone about. He acts cheerful and frivolous but it is a wall that prevents people from getting closer.

Spoiler

20201201-184824.jpg

Shimasaki Toa as Ichinose Kanata
Ichinose Ayumu’s younger stepbrother. He aspires to be a singer and goes out into the city with a guitar in his hand. He meets Fujiwara Hana one night while busking on the street.

Spoiler

20201201-184848.jpg

Original Work
Bokura wa Koi ga Heta Sugiru by Tachibana Eiko

Scriptwriters
Fukutani Keisuke
Uchida Hiroki

Directors
Ono Koji, Sakamoto Hidetaka

Theme Song
Be My Love by Abe Mao

Cr.jdramas.wordpress.com

Trailers :

Promos :

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

The drama caught my eyes because of the actor Shirasu Jin. I like his previous work, I Don't Love You Yet. So I give this drama a try. 

20201201-184758.jpg

The story in the surface look like just boy met girl accidentally & fall in love. But it took me by surprise, as it's not only all that. I watched this with my eyebrow raising. But strangely it's interesting & entertaining.

I will put my comments in spoiler : 

Spoiler

* Will you pledged your love immediately, just after met that person 1 / 2 times only? I was surprised the ML seems become quite obsessive of her? The ML chase her quite hard, even willing to drop off his cigarette addiction? 

* Will you be able to accept again your friend who betrayed your utmost trust? Hana did make mistake, but Mizuki laid a trap and so cunning. Not sure if their friendship can really recover. For me it's like a crack in glass already. 

* Ayumu actually the nicest character in this drama haha... and he also a bit dark. Not sure what drama will his brother Kanata, add to this already problematic team? 

It's only 4 eps out now, not my usual cup of tea dramas. But it's addictive. I'm looking forward for next episodes. 

Let me know your thought, if you managed to see this drama!

IMG-20201210-123858.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20201210-124231.jpg

Pic Cr. Dramaplus_abc

I think Shirasu Jin, is very talented actor. As he can depict different characters perfectly. He was in the drama "I Don't Love You Yet", and his character is sweet & kind and quite passive with his love life. He didn't really fight for the love until only towards the end of the episode. 

But here Jin as Narita is quite outspoken, even can consider as brash and unpolite. But he's so assertive and know what he want about love. His character also came as a bit obsessive to the girl, in my opinion. And this what makes this drama interesting, as he's so passionate towards Hana, whom he just met few times only. 

Finally I got ep 5 on my hand... 

That Kanata's brother, seriously he like Hana? It felt so wrong. Not sure how much age gap between them? He's just like a boy. Felt weird he try to disturb Nari & Hana relationship.

I'm not sure if this boy actually have hidden mischief or he trully naive? Kanata seems hate him to boot. 

Actually Kanata & Misaki now look quite cute to me... and they seems suit each other actually. Misaki also seems start to do things for him, like try to make peace between the brothers. 

Ep 6

I do think this episode quite touching. I guess it make me realized, that even broken friendship by betrayal can be recovered. 

And the brother Kanata, actually also quite naive. I thought he have hidden motive. Glad he can patch up with the brother. 

I also think the 2nd pair couple acting is also quite good. From just superficial couple they found more meaning to their relationship. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ep 7

The ending pretty quick & simple, from the pregnancy scared for secondary couple & resolvement issue of the main couple being done nicely. 

At the beginning the drama seems so twisted, but actually it's just how normal couple worked on their issues to keep the relationship alive. 

The actors & actresses all pretty natural, and well done with their acting. 

I'm certainly looked forward for more Jin Shirasu's future drama.