Somebody 썸바디 [2022]

abs-oluteM

FeNHM4wUAAAjsSS?format=png&name=900x900

Synopsis

A thriller that tackles the contemporary topic of social connection apps.  “Somebody” is the name of the social app, and the story follows the developer of the app and her friends as they become involved in a murder case. At the same time  a mysterious person named Yoon-oh appears in their lives.

Kim Young-kwang will play Yoon-oh, an architectural designer whose charisma enchants people at first glance, but keeps his real personality hidden.

Kang Hae-rim (Live On) plays Seom, the app developer. She has difficulty communicating with others, but her extraordinary tech capabilities allow her to create the innovative AI chatting program.

Rookie actress Kim Soo-yeon plays Seom’s decade-long best friend and police officer, Ki Eun.
(She won her role through an audition, surpassing 500+ other applicants!)

Kim Yong-ji (Tale of the Nine Tailed)  plays one of Ki Eun’s friends, Mok-won, who helps with the murder investigations and apparently has "strange" energy. 

Source

-----------------------

Writer: Han Ji-wan (Ghost Detective, Wanted)
Director: Jung Ji-woo ( films, "Eungyo" (2012) and "Tune in For Love" (2019))

Network: Netfilx

Episodes: TBD

Airing Date: TBD

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Kim Young-kwang to star in Netflix thriller 'Somebody'optimize
Model-turned-actor Kim Young-kwang and rookie actress Kang Hae-lim will star in Netflix's new thriller series, "Somebody."

Directed by Jung Ji-woo, well-known for his previous films, "Eungyo" (2012) and "Tune in For Love" (2019), the series follows the story of a gruesome murder surrounding a social media app called "Somebody."

Kim, who was last seen in the action film, "Mission Possible" (2020), will play the role of Yoon Oh, a seemingly apathetic architect whose identity is revealed slowly. Rookie actress Kang will appear as Seom, an app developer who feels more comfortable interacting with computers and machines than with humans.

"I'm more excited than anxious to be participating in such a big project. I'm happy to be playing such an attractive character as Seom, and I'm currently already shooting for 'Somebody.' I've been working very hard on the project, so please look forward to it," Kang said.

Other cast members include Kim Soo-yeon, who stars as Seom's best friend and the police officer, Ki-eun, who investigates the unsolved murder case. Kim Yong-ji, who starred in the hit dramas, "Mr. Sunshine" (2018) and "The King: Eternal Monarch" (2020), will play Ki-eun's friend who assists in the investigation.

The premiere date of "Somebody" is to be confirmed.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2021/09/688_315912.html

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

• 3 months later...

NF promo

A bit more on the synopsis ( show renamed from Bloody Finger to Somebody)

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-yong-ji-to-work-with-kim-young-kwang-in-netflix-s-original-series-bloody-finger#:~:text="Bloody Finger" is,her possible character.

"Bloody Finger" is a thriller psychological drama that will present the story of an interior designer who is a sociopath with also dissociative identity disorder. The series will be based on the 2000 hit movie "American Psycho."

Earlier reports stated that Kim Young Kwang will portray the lead role in the upcoming Netflix original series. He will bring life to the character of Sung Yun Oh, the famous interior designer. Kim Yong Ji got the offer to star as the female lead. No other details have been shared about her possible character.

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

• 8 months later...
17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahahaha...well depends on his definition of love. LOL

He's so psychotic looking he just wants to kill them all... let me know how it goes. They haven't advised how many episodes. I have been so slacked with NF Originals. Dropped Money Heist (and now S2 is coming) and haven't even touched Narco-Saints. Have you?

@Chocolate Did you check out Narco-Saints? Maybe put this one on your radar too... since you like crime thriller.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Dropped Money Heist (and now S2 is coming) and haven't even touched Narco-Saints. Have you?

MH was not too bad ...but I don't think it's a must watch. I will finish up S2. Didn't even dare touch Narco-Saints. I am trying to catch up with LWomen. Am now at eps 6. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone started on this yet? Netflix dropped all the 8 episodes already. I watched the first episode. Ending was quite shocking which made you want to dive into the next one right away. I am looking forward to seeing more of KYK. Don’t recognize any of the other cast. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Anyone started on this yet? Netflix dropped all the 8 episodes already. I watched the first episode. Ending was quite shocking which made you want to dive into the next one right away. I am looking forward to seeing more of KYK. Don’t recognize any of the other cast. 

Me watched two episodes last night. Deeply disturbing scenario but I think the drama is unique. .

The FL in particular intrigues me because she knows off the bat he's the killer but she's not afraid. Perhaps having aspergers has removed that fear in her? But anyhow her friends are gonna be involved soon as you will see in the following episodes, so I want to see how that will change. KYK is good here. 

The actresses are all rookies who auditioned and casted by the PD. 

@peperomia did you check this one?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1