Somebody 썸바디 [2022]

abs-oluteM

10 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

It's quite slow isn't it?

It is very "psychological"... After ep.2, I ended up scrubbing through all 8 episodes. Not in the mood for this, and the ending also doesn't speak anything to me. I will just wait to read reviews from other people.

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

It is very "psychological"... After ep.2, I ended up scrubbing through all 8 episodes. Not in the mood for this, and the ending also doesn't speak anything to me. I will just wait to read reviews from other people.

Oh, I fast forwarded ep2 so don't really know what's happening, except a woman in a wheelchair crawling towards a puddle of water which she scoops and drinks from as if it was some lifesaving water. Leaves me scratching my head. Think I'll pass on this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
9 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

a woman in a wheelchair crawling towards a puddle of water which she scoops and drinks from as if it was some lifesaving water.

She was very very lucky she wasn't killed by the ML after their passionate time in the changing room of a deserted and very isolated swimming pool. I mean, who in the world would meet a total stranger at a place like that? Especially when you're handicapped? Not to mention she is also a cop...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

She was very very lucky she wasn't killed by the ML after their passionate time in the changing room of a deserted and very isolated swimming pool. I mean, who in the world would meet a total stranger at a place like that? Especially when you're handicapped? Not to mention she is also a cop...

Haha, that does sound quite ridiculous. Maybe I will just rewind to see the "passionate time" - I read that the sex scenes here are quite explicit...

Can you share the ending? (In spoiler) Just want to know what happens to the ML and FL (with asperger). Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Can you share the ending? (In spoiler) Just want to know what happens to the ML and FL (with asperger). Thanks.

Spoiler

FL killed ML... by swiftly slashing his eyes with a razor. Supposedly the ML really fell in love with her. Asking questions like if only he had met her earlier.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Oh, I should add... also after knowing he actually faked his being bound to wheelchair as well. How scary that is? She did scream at first when he stood up from his wheelchair, but very quickly fell for his caring persona. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Oh, I should add... also after knowing he actually faked his being bound to wheelchair as well. How scary that is? She did scream at first when he stood up from his wheelchair, but very quickly fell for his caring persona. 

Honestly which cop who's in a wheelchair would put herself in such danger meeting some random stranger ( they have only met online) in a deserted place. I wanted to smack her myself. It was like she was so sex-starved or something that she lost all her common sense. 

@Chocolate I have managed to watch till eps 4. The drama started off quite promising but I am not sure if it is headed anywhere plot wise. I am just watching this for my oppa. I am like why the heck did he take on a show like this. I think if you have better shows to watch , you should prioritize those first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@ktcjdrama About the ending

Spoiler

What made her kill him? From the trailer, it looked as if she was so hot for him.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How's the explicit scenes though, @Chocolate? xD

How's the acting btw?

The acting looks ok. I haven't gone back to watch the scene - maybe one day when I am dead bored... 😂

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
17 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

About the ending

Not sure... haha... by later episodes, I didn't even bother to read the subtitles anymore while scrubbing. Maybe also one day when I am dead bored, I will go back read some of the subtitles. 

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

How's the explicit scenes though,

On a scale of 1-10, I would give a 7/8? 

The acting overall was great for me, which is a pity as I had hoped the story telling can be more engaging.

• Haha 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Written by Reporter Lee Si Jin

[Herald Interview] Kim Young Kwang breaks from rom-coms with 'Somebody'

20221124000533-0.jpg

(Netflix)

The fresh makeup, neatly blow dried hair and sharp suits that have been the signature look of model-turned-actor Kim Young Kwang since his drama debut in 2008 were hard to find in his latest crime thriller “Somebody.”

“I only had two or three options for how I could dress as Seong Yuno  And even this experience was exciting for me. I enjoyed every single moment that I spent shooting ‘Somebody,’” Kim said during an interview with reporters at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, central Seoul, Thursday.

Expressing his satisfaction with starring in a crime thriller, Kim explained that he did have a specific genre in mind when choosing his projects.

“I put a great deal of effort into playing my roles and did not run away from doing a rom-com series because I have done a lot of them. I knew that many viewers praised my performance. But, of course, I wanted to work with different characters in various genres,” Kim said.

The 35-year-old actor made a name for himself as a go-to actor for rom-com series after the success of hit projects, including MBC's “Cutie Pie” (2010), Channel A's “Bachelor's Vegetale Store” (2011), SBS' “Pinocchio” (2014), “The Secret Life of My Secretary” (2019) and KBS' “Hello, Me!” (2021).

Kim emphasized that “Somebody” meant more than the change of genre.

“I really had a lot of time to talk with the director Jung Ji Woo. I was deeply impressed by Jung who remembered even the smallest thing, which was not related to the scene, and tried to discuss it with the actor next time to figure out how to improve the series together. I felt respected as an actor by the director,” Kim told The Korea Herald.

20221124000534-0.jpg

Kim Young Kwang plays a serial killer, Seong Yuno, in "Somebody"

(Netflix)

https://m.koreaherald.com/index.php

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 5:45 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@peperomia did you check this one?

I'm totally late, but I finally got around to watching this which I surprising finished without fast forwarding. LOL. I agree plot-wise it was a bit disappointing as I thought the synopsis and trailer gave an impression that the story would be twisty in a good way, but it was super slow and difficult to grasp the direction of it. Perhaps it would have been better as a film? Nevertheless, I thought KYK and the actresses did a good job with the script given to them, especially the lead actress. It was interesting that he ended up (and was capable of) falling in love with her and I was curious to know what she would choose to do with him in the end. I cannot say it was good or bad, just okay.

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2