Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

By Tae Yuna, staff reporter for Ten Asia.

0000564839-001-20220819175501500.jpg

Actor Jeon Bae Soo appeared as Woo Young Woo's single father in ENA's k-drama series 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo,' which ended on the 18th. Jeon Bae Soo appeared as Woo Kwang Ho, who gave up on his dreams of becoming a lawyer and started a Kimbap restaurant to raise his autistic Woo Young Woo on his own. 

In his interview with Ten Asia, Jeon Bae Soo praised Park Eun Bin for her professionalism on set and acting skills. He also shared how it feels to be recognized after another successful drama following the series 'All of Us Are Dead' where he appeared as Nam On Jo's dad, who risked his life to rescue his daughter who was trapped in her school.

Jeon Bae Soo shared, "It [The popularity] is so unexpected but I realize the popularity when I go out. Many people recognize me so I feel it. It feels good. I thought the drama would be popular but I didn't think it would be this popular."

0000564839-004-20220819175501625.jpg

Actor Jeon Bae Soo of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' / Photo courtesy of Star Village Entertainment.

'tap'

source:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/ranking/article/312/0000564839

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

On 8/19/2022 at 6:13 AM, abs-oluteM said:

I remember you once explained that culturally it is quite normal for them to address each other formally even if they are dating right? Calling each other based on their profession?

Yes, it is, though that is now seen as a more antiquated custom rather than for young people who are much more into informality.

I actually think it was fine for YW and JH since there is a quaint formality to YW, and it wouldn't have occurred to her to question that JH wasn't calling her something more informal when they were dating. Also, at work, it is definitely more appropriate to use their work titles to address each other, and that habit could easily carry over into their personal time.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 1

iMBC Lee Ho Young. 

296e65ae-fb78-495d-b02f-f73db29b99e8.jpg

Photo iMBC DB.

Actor Jeon Bae Soo mentioned Park Eun Bin and Joo Hyun Young, they worked together in 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo'. Park Eun Bin has built up her skills since her childhood days and Joo Hyun Young appeared like a comet and rushed without hesitation. They were amazing, he said. 

Spoiler

67891729-8485-45ea-a779-ef111178cecf.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Star Village Entertainment.

'tap'

source:

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/357129

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-32c0ce37f0130a1fa2585ed946700fa6-

ENA and Netflix's Extraordinary Attorney Woo OSTs

source: 

Part 6;The Blue Night Of The Jeju Island. Artist; Park Eun Bin.

final OST of the series, Flash is a song recorded by Maytree singer. 

Spoiler

DOWNLOAD-MP3-Park-Eun-Bin-The-Blue.jpg

Spoiler

DOWNLOAD-MP3-Maytree-Flash-OST-Extraordi

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

tumblr-70de9a28a71d36190e31d8662cf8af7c-

Reporter Yoon Seong Yeol.

0003081254_001_20220823173301243.jpg?type=w430

Photo = Park Eun Bin's Instagram.

Actress Park Eun Bin gave a meaningful impression after finishing the ENA drama Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo.

0003081254_002_20220823173301392.jpg?type=w430

She posted on her Instagram on the 23rd, "It seems that I go through certain special moments every time I get to know and understand people in my life. To me, Woo Young Woo was like that and so was Young Woo." I sincerely thank everyone who made it worthwhile and beautiful.”

Spoiler
0003081254_003_20220823173301528.jpg?type=w430

'click on the link'

source:

https://m.star.mt.co.kr/view.html?gnb=news&snb=tv&no=2022082317081384440

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Herald Interview By Lee Si Jin.

Park Eun Bin prepared like student for 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo.' Actress shares mixed bag of emotions on possible Season 2.

Entering a cafe in Sinsa-dong, southern Seoul, Park Eun Bin greeted the group of reporters with the same smile from the last scene of her hit TV series Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

'Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin./Photo courtesy of Namoo Actors
'Woo Young Woo' Park Eun Bin /
Photo Courtesy of Namoo Actors Entertainment.

But the 29 years old actress, in her low-pitched voice, let reporters know she was not Woo Young Woo, and shared how proud she was to have completed her long journey with the 16-part courtroom series.

“I studied like a student preparing for an exam. I tried to memorize the script by writing down the lines on the paper, find ways to clearly deliver the lines and revise the sentences. It was an intense seven months,” Park said in the interview Monday.

It was a challenge to repeat the seemingly unending lines for 30 to 40 minutes inside a courtroom, the actor pointed out, saying she experienced some form of semantic satiation after filming the trial scenes.

Spoiler

Spoiler

a link from a source:

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220823000770&np=1&mp=1

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022082318934

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Heart Eyes 2

I have a lot of love for these two & for the drama . But reading PEB’s exit interviews , I understand if she feels burdened to reprise S2. She’s such an outstanding actress because she’s 110% dedicated to her craft.  Her insights as an actress, her experience & her grasp on the role makes her irreplaceable. 

KTO’s patience in securing this role paid off.  This is really a moment when the stars aligned given his big jump in popularity. But it’s not just fluff & visuals , he was fantastic in all his micro expressions & you can really feel that sincerity coming through.

I know KTO has much respect for PEB from his interviews . So it’s nice to see her compliment  him too 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

M2207180916463588.gif

By Woo Ji Won.

p1065599238460313-974-thum.jpg

“Woo to the Young to the Woo” “Dong to the Geu to the Rami”

p1065599238460313-130-thum.jpg

Actress Joo Hyun Young, who actively acted as an intern reporter “Joo Reporter” at “SNL Korea,” once again made an impression with ENA drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” where she played as Woo Young Woos’s bright and cheerful friend.

Joo Hyun Young met at Yonhap News building on Wednesday, a week after the drama ended, was rather quite unlike how she appears on TV. She said she is shy and lives with worries.

Joo Hyun Young said, “I heard many times that I am different from what I appear to be on TV,” adding, “So I was worried about if I could lively act out Dong Geu Rami when I got the role.”

Spoiler

p1065599238460313-585-thum.jpg

p1065599238460313-824-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by AIMC, shows actress Joo Hyun Young (Yonhap)

'tap'

source:

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065599238460313

• Like 4

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/secret-behind-extraordinary-attorney-woo-song-surprise/

The Secret Behind An “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Song That Might Surprise You

The song accompanies all of Attorney Woo Young Woo’s “Aha!” moments.

vNqbaJTSvgSUxBA0FIB9EGpCimHym4SIx1lOqSS8E_zMOMcKN7GnDMiUV7Z9UaMgWa75Xy-_XCivgqfrceS0NJwuR1dcml4ASzryNX3nGLSViw=w780-nu-rj-l80-e365

21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But reading PEB’s exit interviews , I understand if she feels burdened to reprise S2.

I would love to see a S2, but same feeling here, I understand it won't be easy for her to reprise her role, especially with a gap of 2 years. So, I'm also fine if there's no S2. 

• Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

It's Wednesday, but no YW and JH. What is everyone watching instead?

I plan to start Good Job which takes over from this show . 

@ktcjdrama yes, she sounds like she was burnt out . 

More insights from another exit interview. He’s been doing quite a few. He’s indeed the biggest beneficiary of this drama 

We get to see him tonight 

What PEB wanted viewers to understand about the romance 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

kdrama-extraordinary-attorney-woo.gif

By Yoo Joon Ha.

p1065579735166135-850-thum-1.jpg

Photo = Provided by Namoo Actors.

Seoul, August 25 (Yonhap) South Korean actress Park Eun Bin’s fan meeting “Eunbin Note: Blank Space” will be broadcasted live.

Tickets for the live broadcast will be available starting on August, 25 at 2 p.m. through webpage Interpark Ticket. 

Actress Park Eun Bin’s fan meeting will be held on September, 3 at 4 p.m. in the Sungshin Women's University Woonjung Green Campus in Gangbuk District, Northern Seoul.

source:

Spoiler

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065579735166135

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

tumblr-185a0ce534c57b40be4f09ebc3730735-

Reporter Yoo Kyung Sang.

download-2.jpg

Kang Tae Oh said that he waited over a month after meeting for Lee Jun Ho's role.

download.jpg

On the August 25th episode of KBS 2TV's 'Year-round Live', actor Kang Tae Oh reached his heyday with the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo', was with him.

Spoiler

download-1.jpg

Photo = Courtesy of KBS 2TV's 'Year-round Live.'

On this day, Kang Tae Oh said about the reason for the popularity of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo', "The characters are very attractive with the small happiness and energy that each episode brings seems to be conveyed well."

'tap on the link'

source:

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202208260311251710#_enliple

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

tumblr-c452c34bdea1b1e9de5a2d6aa3df97af-

Yonhap News Agency Reporter Kang Ae Ran.

download.jpg

'Woo Young Woo' caught the taste of the world.

Subtitle service in 31 languages continues to be popular even after the end.

Started with 10 languages, gradually expanded, customized translation using the nuances of salmon play 'Goose' · 'Tomato' → 'Kayak' · 'deed' and 'Ajae Gag' line translation "Kim Min is a squirrel" → "Kim Min sickly prickly"

ENA drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' (hereafter 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo') is gaining popularity overseas as well. 

According to Netflix on the 26th, 'Woo Young Woo' is subtitled in 31 languages including English, Japanese, Spanish,  Portuguese etc.

Woo Young Woo was initially translated into 10 languages and released on Netflix right after the main broadcast.

An English dubbed version and a dubbed version in other languages are planned.

Along with the expansion of the subtitle service, the weekly viewing time of dramas continues to increase.

It recorded 23.95 million hours in the second week of July (4-10 days), when the first viewing time was counted, but more than tripled to 77.43 million hours in the third week of August (15-21 days).

'Woo Young Woo', who caused a syndrome in Korea with a message to the world with a lovely character and warm gaze Attorney Woo (Park Eun Bin) has Autism Spectrum Disorder and a genius brain at the same time, creates a cute and lovely atmosphere with lines that use language play.

"My name is Woo Young Woo, whether read straight or backwards. Goose, tomato, Swiss, shooting star, Woo Young Woo. Yeoksam translation?"

Woo Young Woo's self-introduction, which consisted of the same sequence of words even if the order was reversed into the same word in each language even if turned upside down.

In English, it is translated as 'Kayak' (kayak), 'deed' (act), 'rotator' (turn), 'noon' (noon), and 'racecar' (racing car).

In Japanese, it is 'キツツキ' (woodpecker), 'konoko' (baby cat), 'minami' (south), in Spanish 'arenera' (sandbox), 'somos' (we), and in French 'radar' Expressions such as ' (radar), 'elle' (her), and 'ressasser' (repeat) have been drawn.

Spoiler

download-1.jpg

download-2.jpg

download-3.jpg

Provided by Netflix / ENA / Yonhap News Agency.

'click'

source:

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179535613110125

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

before › enlisting in the military | stills.

Fb-Hgj-KGUUAAYZx0.jpg

M.O.C.

source:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

tumblr-09ed5efa82d0f04a8e64a7a1d81cd5af-

Sports TV News, Reporter Jang Jin Ri.

Actor Joo Hyun Young told the story behind 'Woo Young Woo Greetings'.

In an interview with Spotify News on the occasion of the end of the ENA drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo', Joo Hyun Young said, "The way to greet Woo Young Woo in a circle is derived from the songs of Big Bang seniors." 

In Extraordinary Attorney Woo, Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) and Geu Rami (Joo Hyun Young) greet each other with 'Woo to the Young to the Woo' and 'Dong to the Geu to the Rami' with witty movements every time they meet. This greeting method, called 'Woo Young Woo Greetings', was created by Joo Hyun Young and gained great popularity throughout the drama's airing.

Joo Hyun Young said, "Because I did 'SNL', the writer gave me a mission to make one. At first, I felt like I was carrying my homework, "What should I do?"

She continued "(Dong) and I are of the same generation. In the drama, T-ara seniors sang 'Crazy Because of You', but I thought the generations were similar" was popular and I got an idea from that. The writer liked it a lot,” she laughed. 

source:

Spoiler

Spoiler

https://www.spotvnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=544459

:true:. not only the lyrics but also the gestures are similar. the greeting has been trending among teens and idols too. :smile:

• Heart Eyes 2

Ten Asia Reporter Tae Yuna.

BF-31042171-1.jpg

“It almost made me think that the director was looking at the casting based on character.” said actor Ha Yoon Kyung, whom he met at a cafe in Samcheong-dong, Seoul, in an interview commemorating the end of the ENA Wednesday - Thursday drama Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo.

He said that not only the main actors but also the actors who appeared in each episode were very good people. Park Eun Bin, Joo Jong Hyuk and Kang Ki Young were so kind that they always showed affection for each other's feelings.

0000566394_002_20220828150701464.jpg?type=w430

Photo = Ten Asia DB.

The cast of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' agreed that the reason for the drama's syndrome-level popularity was the chemistry between all cast at the scene melted into the play and that were reflected to the viewers.

0000566394_004_20220828150701536.jpg?type=w430

Spoiler
0000566394_003_20220828150701505.jpg?type=w430

a link from a source:

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2022082828104

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Heart Eyes 2

tumblr-e250f0e97342016c62c307e46ef5af48-

Reporter Woo Da Bin.

7ce6a476-4339-4aad-925e-1b1b45de6c6f.jpg

Recently, at a cafe located in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Kang Tae Oh met with this magazine and talked about ENA's 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' (hereinafter 'Woo Young Woo'). Provided by Man of Creation.

Actor Kang Tae Oh met the character of his life. It's a 'perfect' character, but the actor's worries to express it were quite deep. It was Kang Tae Oh. He was calmly preparing for the enlistment while showing a resolute appearance despite the change in popularity.

On the 17th, at a cafe located in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Kang Tae Oh met with this magazine and talked about ENA's 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo.' Woo Young Woo deals with the growing up of Woo Young Woo, a wacky lawyer who plunges into the world in earnest. In particular, it captures the love and rights of the disabled and society's view of them and Kang Tae Oh's passionate performance as Lee Jun Ho drew sympathy from the viewers.

Before the interview on this day, the story of Season 2 of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' came out, and naturally, Kang Tae Oh also talked about Season 2 first. He said, "I haven't heard about Season 2 specifically. However, in this Season 1, I have received a lot of love. I'm looking forward to it in that regard."

All main characters of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' agreed and said that they did not expect this syndrome. Kang Tae Oh explained that he had a happy 8 weeks with unexpected popularity. "I can't express this joy and gratitude in words. Thank you for making me known a lot. I'll take a break after 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo', but I want you to remember me until the end."

In the past, various contents have drawn the love of non-disabled people and people with disabilities. However, Kang Tae Oh approached 'Woo Young Woo' from a different perspective. He nailed a character as a warrior who respects 'Attorney Woo', not a new lawyer with autism spectrum and naturally develops emotions.

b5125f9c-efbb-4a4e-a109-f804e2c6c02f.jpg

Spoiler

d5945221-4719-4f33-ab49-792685093dab.jpg

Kang Tae Oh shared behind the scenes kissing scene with Park Eun Bin. ENA 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' video capture.

Spoiler

76ba747a-ee0d-41dc-9770-68c69506c88b.jpg

255f73dd-73b9-41ad-9462-7e9eca517888.jpg

'tap on the link'

source:

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022081710590000246

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Clapping Hands 1

kdrama-extraordinary-attorney-woo-1.gif

Sports Chosun Reporter Moon Ji Yeon.

2022083001002150900131801-20220830161503

Actress Park Eun Bin made a perfect finish. Park Eun Bin posted on her Instagram on  August, 30, "You finished the Blu-ray commentary for 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo'! I'm here to talk! This is the end of it again. Please keep Woo Young Woo for a long time, everyone. Thank you very much."

2022083001002150900131802-20220830161503

In her published photos, Park Eun Bin is smiling proudly in front of placards full of her fans' love, gifts, cakes and flower bouquets. Regardless of her angle, Park Eun Bin's radiant beauty attracts her attention.

Park Eun Bin will meet her fans through the fan meeting on September, 3.

Spoiler

2022083001002150900131803-20220830161503

2022083001002150900131804-20220830161503

source:

https://m.sportschosun.com/index.htm

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch39X6BLOFH/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Clapping Hands 1