Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

I thought about the case and wondered if I would have voted the guy guilty or not. If he hadn't been using her money ( and doing the same in the year before to another girl) , I think I would have said not guilty. But I don't know now if his feelings for her are genuine. Though the girl is clearly in love with him and thinks he sincerely loves her back. Regardless, I think the judge made the right call given the circumstances.

I liked that they tied this case to what YW & JH are going through now. There will be people who would question his intentions and there will be those who wonder if someone on the spectrum is capable of being in a romantic relationship. I agree with JH that no one can invalidate how you feel. If you love, it is love. But of course  JH's friends' reactions are  clear examples of the sort prejudices and negative perceptions people will have about their relationship. But thankfully JunHo has thought this out well. In these few lines, you can see he's not blinded by these initial romantic feelings. He is aware of the challenges ahead. 

YW:  Loving me  is hard.

JH: Yes. It appears so.
YW:  But are you still going to?
JH:  Yes. 

And YW to her credit knows that it is not easy being with someone like her. But I love that she put much thought into how they could go about their dates and in how she would show him her affections. The 57second hand holding , the kiss which she initiated and so on are just proof that she like any other girl wants to be loved and is able to love back in return. 

----------------

In PEB's case , the PD actually waited for her to be free (one year ) because he felt no other person could play YW. On the other hand , Kang Tae Oh was actually not the only actor to be considered for this role. He had to wait for a month to get confirmed. He rejected other offers because he was so keen on this role, and I am so glad that he did. The writer decided to cast him when she spoke to him. She asked him about his thoughts on the character..

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

See how excited I was I was looking at raw cuts and tweeting live 

I'm curious. How do you do it live? Do you watch it on your phone, PC or TV? You have to screenshot, crop and tweet. Won't you miss the next scene?

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I thought about the case and wondered if I would have voted the guy guilty or not. If he hadn't been using her money ( and doing the same in the year before to another girl) , I think I would have said not guilty. But I don't know now if his feelings for her are genuine. Though the girl is clearly in love with him and thinks he sincerely loves her back. Regardless, I think the judge made the right call given the circumstances.

I liked that they tied this case to what YW & JH are going through now. There will be people who would question his intentions and there will be those who wonder if someone on the spectrum is capable of being in a romantic relationship. I agree with JH that no one can invalidate how you feel. If you love, it is love.

Yes, I agree with the judgement too. Even if this guy really "loved" the girl at the time they had sex, I feel that he did take advantage. He specially volunteers at these centres, uses the girl's money and continues/shows displeasure when she says no. He is a bad guy, as both YW and the girl recognise. Do they have a right to love a bad guy - I  think this is where YW's statement to the girl errs. Unlike YW, the girl doesn't have the capacity to differentiate a lot of things/make sound decisions. So she shouldn't be encouraged in that manner - but of course, YW is just saying what she feels should apply to herself.

With people with special needs, the guy must go over and above, so to speak, to take care of the person. To be even more careful in everything he does.

I think that is where Jun Ho excels. He does not push or ever try to convince YW to do what he wants. Instead, he waits for her to make the decision. And if she can't decide, then he just waits for another day.

That "walking a cat" interpretation is quite amazing. I look at Kang Tae Oh with new eyes. Slightly 😂

Oh and Tae Sumi! I am surprised. I am expecting a happy ending for mother and daughter so it was quite shocking to see her try to send YW away to protect her political ambitions. YW's never had "professional care" and at this stage, I think it would feel like a straightjacket to her.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

This is the only show right now that can pry me off Love Like the Galaxy. What a rollercoaster ride Episode 10 was. After complaining about the lack of Jun-ho just the other day, the show really pulled out all the stops last night, the romance notwithstanding. I'm chuffed that we finally have a scene of him with his friends outside of work and that the heat is on him to draw those battlelines. I expect that's what he meant by needing to have plenty of determination to get the ball rolling.

it's a tough gig to be the boyfriend of Woo Young-woo. Not so much because she's "difficult" to be with but because of what people think and want to say but don't. One of the things Jun-ho had to be prepared to do among others is be misunderstood by friends and other acquaintances. When he agrees that it is difficult to love her, that is foremost in his mind. It's how he will be judged by the world and have his judgment questioned. by those who apparently know him best. It is a pity that they aren't privy to what we are -- the way they learn to be together and accommodate each other in all the little things that couples do. This is represented by the movement of the feet -- two steps forward and two steps back. It's a metaphor for the process of accommodation. He makes an attempt, she retreats reflexively. Seeing her reaction he moves backwards to give her space. She then takes steps forward because she senses it's what he wants and leans over to offer up her lips. It's courageous for someone who can't even hold hands for more than 30 seconds. Young-woo is in effect moving out of her comfort zone to accommodate his desire to express physically what she asked about continuing to love her. It's heartwarming to see her learning and asking the right questions to make this relationship work for both of them.

I suppose that despite the show attempting to break new ground, it is still a Korean drama and we'll still have to put up with a bit of makjang coming from Tae Su-mi. The most annoying thing about her intrusion is that she's talking about what's best for Young-woo as if she knows what that is and without consulting with her. And then nosy Min-woo obviously has too much free time on his hands and is trying to play detective. I said so a couple of weeks back that he's quite the busybody. What is he going to do with this information? Is he going to jump ship and paddle over to the Taesan rig? And Tae Su-mi is oddly indiscrete visiting an ex-boyfriend at his place of business to throw hush money at him during election season. It's all very clumsy for a supposedly smart woman.

The case of the week was set up to offer some parallels (or contrasts) with Jun-ho's predicament. I don't think there was going to be any easy answers to that one and the verdict reflected that. But at the end of the day, it was about exercising judgment and discretion in such a potentially explosive situation. I still don't much like the mother though. She feels like your garden variety bully.

I'm relieved that these week's episodes were better and I'm happy as long as the core characters get to take centrestage. It's a pity that Su-yeon and Hairy Boss's blind date didn't work out. He seems like such a sweet guy.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

extraordinary-attorney-woo-park-eun-bin.

Yonhap.

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' rises to third on global Netflix chart.

optimize-1.jpg
A scene from Korea's legal drama series 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' / Screen captured from ENA.

Korea's legal drama series "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" is becoming a sensation in a growing number of foreign countries, having cracked the top five in a global Netflix TV program chart.

The 16 part series placed third on the streaming analytics company FlixPatrol's daily global chart for popular TV programs on Netflix on Thursday, about a month after it went on air.

By country, the show topped the top 10 TV program chart in a total of 20 countries, including Korea, Bahrain, Bolivia, Japan, Kuwait, Mexico, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

It ranked second in Bangladesh, Chile, Ecuador, Egypt, Honduras, Jordan, Morocco, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru and El Salvador, and third in the Dominican Republic, Guatemala, India and Panama.

In the United States, the show debuted on the regional top 10 list at No. 9.

The legal drama, which revolves around Woo Young Woo, a genius but autistic rookie attorney at a top law firm, has captured the attention of viewers in Korea and abroad.

'tap'

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/07/398_333588.html

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I'm curious. How do you do it live? Do you watch it on your phone, PC or TV? You have to screenshot, crop and tweet. Won't you miss the next scene?

When I stream live it is harder - so sometimes I do miss some parts. For this show I watch the cuts on Naver (but they are starting to block this)  or from some of the Korean fan base accounts who are very quick to put cuts of the videos up on IG or Twitter. It is not the entire show but you get the jisc. 

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's a pity that Su-yeon and Hairy Boss's blind date didn't work out. He seems like such a sweet guy.

He was funny. I got his jokes even though with translations , the impact is not as great. Kind of reminds me of those dad jokes! Actually he and Ra Mi have very similar sense of humor.

Was just telling @Min86on Twitter that I was really turned off by what the mother did. I was hoping for some redemption since she was very young when she made the decision to abandon YW. But her meddling now is nothing more than wanting to protect her political career. Selfish is the word.

------------------

I love this edit

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

In the US, psychiatrist do not receive specialize education on people with developmental disabilities. It's not part of their formal training and it's something someone would have to seek out if they want to work with that specific population. 

The psychiatrist in this episode was not wrong with her comments even if it sounded contradictory. She pointed out the detail and consistency in how the victim reported the assault. Those with developmental disabilities have a different way of looking at the world. They remember things that we (those without cognitive disabilities) would never think twice about. 

The victim's behavior after the assault is something I've seen all too many times.

"If I do this, will you love me?" 

"He did it because he loves me."

She wanted to please him so she did whatever he wanted. She was afraid that if she didn't do it, he would not love her anymore. The victim did the same thing with her mother too. She reported the incident the way the mother wanted because she wanted to please her -- my mom will not love me anymore if I don't listen to her. 

The mother of the victim is crazy (what's with all of these crazy moms in the dramas we're watching @40somethingahjumma @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM?!). It's completely unnecessary to take her anger out on Young Woo. In the US, every state has their own statue on individual rights for persons served for this exact reason. Those with developmental disabilities should not have less rights than those without. They have the right to love who they want, the right to make the same mistakes as everyone else, the right to choose their own activities, etc. I'm all for protecting them as much as possible, but part of that process is also allowing them to make mistakes. 

Moving on to the main couple, Junho's friends are disgusting. Young Woo is not a charity case. She's a real person with the same type of feelings as all of them. She's a little different but she's not undeserving of Junho's affection. I do appreciate the conversation they had about it being difficult for someone without developmental disabilities to love someone with development disabilities. It will not be an easy journey for them. There will be times when Junho will feel exhausted by how much he has to accommodate. There will also be times when Young Woo will feel defeated because Junho can't understand her. However, if both of them can communicate and work on it together whenever situations like this come up, they can overcome anything. 

I know everyone is happy about the kiss, but I'm feeling a bit indifferent about it. This is mainly because I'm all about vetting someone out before they have any sort of intimacy with someone I care for who has developmental disabilities. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

the cast of Extraordinary Attorney Woo — stills.

unnamed-1.jpg

/Netflix 

unnamed.jpg

Park Eun Bin (left) and Kang Tae On (right) | ENA

'the newest hit k-drama on Netflix is a heartwarming show about an autistic lawyer.'

'click on the link'

source:

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/extraordinary-attorney-woo-kang-tae-oh-spill-kiss-park-eun-bin/

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

I know everyone is happy about the kiss, but I'm feeling a bit indifferent about it. This is mainly because I'm all about vetting someone out before they have any sort of intimacy with someone I care for who has developmental disabilities. :laugh:

I look at this differently and I have to commend the writer on this. The reason why I buy into their relationship wholeheartedly is because all throughout the drama we are already privy to the ins and outs of Young-woo's mind. Regardless of what I think about the role of experts I don't need a diagnosis on whether she's capable of having an adult relationship with Jun-ho because she has been able to articulate great insights about people and situations as a trained legal mind all throughout the drama. It's clear from all the different cases and stories, she can certainly understand nuance. In Episode 5, she was really distraught about losing her moral bearings. 

We first get a really good sense of the kind of mind in operation was when she was talking to the defendant in her first case about how she felt about her husband. Intent, Young-woo said, is something that the law takes seriously. In that heated situation, the woman couldn't remember what she was feeling at the time of the assault. He was driving her nuts and she wanted to retaliate badly. She could have wanted to kill him. Then Young-woo made this observation:

It's hard to fathom what someone thinks. I don't think I would close the curtain so the light doesn't disturb their sleep if I wanted to kill that person. And I wouldn't mind if they woke up from the sound. Isn't that what you do for the people you love but not for people you want to murder?

It's a profound insight. This is actually also a seminal moment in how Jun-ho begins to see her. It's clear in the way he looks at her. I was pretty impressed myself the first time I heard that. Woo Young-woo is not only observant but she's able to connect the dots between someone's actions and what their underlying attitudes. Even the defendant was pretty moved by what she said. It's all these little moments when they're working together that they get better acquainted with each other.

The show I believe positions the audience are sitting in the place of the "expert" and by allowing us to observe everything that Young-woo is doing, making judgments about her ability to function in the mainstream. The reason why the vast majority of viewers are onboard with this romance is because we have been on this journey with her seeing her in various contexts and in reality Jun-ho's actions are always under tremendous scrutiny by the audience practically from Day 1 because his role in the drama was always obvious. He has always been written as a sensible, thoughtful, likeable human being so the progression seems natural. The vetting started a long time ago when they met on her first day at work. We are fortunate to have front row seats to this romance during the milestones. I don't think any expert can get any closer to the action than this. We've been watching this relationship take steps forward and backwards practically from the beginning.

It's the advantage of building the romance so early and letting things take their time. We also know that Jun-ho has been wrestling with the issue for some time so it's not as if he's rushed into things without much thought to the consequences for the both of them.

Interestingly enough, the show itself is somewhat sceptical about experts in this. The doctor who testified to the subdural hematoma came to conclusions about the cause based on the assumption that the iron was the murder weapon despite the fact that there were no fractures or bruising. There was the other doctor who had an agenda against North Korean and was deemed an unreliable witness. I also found the psychiatrist's diagnosis in the latest case rather limited and it doesn't take into account the mother's domineering relationship with the daughter. Despite qualifications and credentials, "experts" are still flawed human beings. 

My own view is that the courtroom and even science is ill-equipped to deal with the complexities of human dynamics because human beings are much more than biological beings. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1659131678-untitled-1.jpg

Photo : Courtesy of ENA Channel.

Junho | his charm was unstoppable when she's with him | stills.

source:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

13 hours ago, Tofu said:

The mother of the victim is crazy (what's with all of these crazy moms in the dramas we're watching @40somethingahjumma @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM?!).

These Asian mums give motherhood a bad name. I promise you I am not like that :laugh:

KTO appeared on MBC's radio show and talked about the kiss scene

Soompi had an article:

Source

Concerning the kiss scene from episode 10 that went viral, Kang Tae Oh explained, “It was late, and as you saw, we had to film in the hallway of an apartment, so we had to be quiet. I was very nervous because it was a kiss scene. I talked more sweetly to Eun Bin noona than usual.”

On the line “I think it would be better if you open up your mouth a bit more,” the actor confessed, “I was burdened about what to do. I thought that line would change depending on how I said it. So I tried to check out the atmosphere at the scene. Eun Bin noona led the romantic atmosphere while acting, so it just happened naturally.”

Kang Tae Oh recalled the moment he read the script for “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” the first time. He remarked, “Honestly, I can’t read fast, but I just absorbed [this script]. The same goes for delicious food. You can eat it smoothly. I felt that it was a warm drama where the lines melted in my mouth. I thought it would be great to join [the drama] regardless of the role, so I said I would definitely do it.”

Regarding the scene where his character takes off Woo Young Woo’s eyelash, he stated, “Lee Joon Ho (his character’s name) got a bit flirty. [People] said that Lee Joon Ho is like a fox, but I denied it. However, when I saw that scene, I thought he was too much.”

Full video of his time on the radio show

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Awesome 1

732f3a7dea62d937bea7c3ea61b5f7c5-mp4.gif

listen to Extraordinary Attorney Woo OST part 5.:Party01:

1000x1000bb.webp

"Inevitable" by Suzy.

source:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/extraordinary-attorney-woo-original-television-soundtrack/1635509588

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

park-eun-bin-1658480866.jpg

iMBC Kim Kyung Hee | photo courtesy of ENA.

fea33b7c-6241-4ebf-a58b-5989db39821a.jpg

While the popularity of 'Woo Young Woo' is in full swing, even the clip video is becoming an issue.  

Over the weekend, in the community, an article was posted saying, "The video from episodes 1 to 6 of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' disappeared completely, and the ENA logo was attached to the intro and was re-uploaded. According to this claim, the broadcast clip of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo', who boasts a huge number of views one by one, has disappeared from episodes 1 to 6 at once, and all the videos with as few as  million views are recorded. It was criticized for saying that ENA was too busy promoting the channel name to the extent that all records were set to zero by saying that were disappeared. Netizens blamed the ENA Channel's marketing by leaving comments such as "It's a small room."

However, the ENA Channel explained, "We never uploaded a clip to YouTube until episodes 1-6, we are uploaded it from episode 7, and uploaded clips of episodes 1-6 over the weekend."

In response to this official position, the community once again said, "Why it is so fake?" "Let's check the facts and leave a comment" and "Why did you start cursing without knowing well?"

As the topic of drama increases day by day, even the trivial things surrounding the drama are becoming a hot issue.

Today, it became an issue that a Japanese soccer player showed the Woo Young Woo style greeting at a goal ceremony. Among Netflix's July rankings in Japan, 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' ranked second.

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' is a work that deals with the story of a genius lawyer Woo (Park Eun Bin) with an autism spectrum.

Spoiler

tumblr-43e355e55bb9f2d9dc449f637dcad31a-

source:

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/355752

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4

Posted by Im Ji Eun.

1659422350-extraordinary-attorney-woo-st

Actor Kang Ki Young talked about the unexpected popularity of his drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo'.

On the August 2 KST broadcast of MBC FM4U's radio program 'Two O'Clock Date Muse', actor Kang Ki Young made a guest appearance. Here drew laughter when he introduced himself with a famous line from the drama, putting his own twist to it, saying, "Hello, this is 'Kang' to the 'Ki'  to the 'Young' " When DJ Ahn Young Mi asked how he is doing lately, Kang Ki Young replied, "It's been a while since the drama's filming ended, so I haven't been too busy. I'm currently enjoyably watching the drama from the perspective of a viewer."  

Ahn Young Mi then asked, "Did you expect [the drama] to receive this [great] level of popularity?" To this, Kang Ki Young replied, "I had no idea [the popularity] would reach this level. I didn't know it would cause a 'syndrome'. I thought it would be a drama that people can watch comfortably as it has been a while since [such a drama came out] , but I didn't know the viewership rating would rise this dramatically. Even after the 1st and 2nd episodes, I teared up the next day."  

Are you watching 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo'?

1659421541-download-89.jpg

source:

Spoiler

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/08/extraordinary-attorney-woo-actor-kang-ki-young-says-he-teared-up-at-the-unexpected-popularity-of-the-drama

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

NewsN reporter Lee Min Ji.

download.jpg

Photo= Capture of ENA's Extraordinary Attorney Woo. 

Actress Baek Ji Won is showing a unique presence in Extraordinary Attorney Woo. 

In the ENA drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo.' Baek Ji Won is acting as Han Seon Young the representative lawyer of Hanbada.

'tap'

source:

https://m.newsen.com/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

tumblr-1008b1b5214ac34fc67d025d31eac532-

Yonhap.

optimize.jpg

A scene from the Korean legal drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' / Courtesy of ENA.

The Korean legal drama "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" has regained the top position on Netflix's latest weekly viewership chart of non-English TV shows from the global video streaming service.

The TV series, which has aired every Wednesday and Thursday on the cable channel ENA since June 29, marked 65.6 million hours of viewing for the week of July 25-31 to lead Netflix's official top 10 list for non-English TV programs available on the service, according to the company.

It rose one notch from second place a week earlier, while last week's No. 1, "Alba," dropped to second with 33.5 million hours. This 16 episodes Korean language show has stayed in the top 10 for a total of four weeks.

"Woo" revolves around a lawyer named Woo Young-woo (Park Eun Bin), who is brilliant with an outstanding memory but lacks social skills and empathy due to being on the autism spectrum.

source:

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2022/08/398_333817.html

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

New stills

Just found out that the writer is also on the spectrum , so she is writing this very much from her own experiences. I can't find the tweet now.

Someone was good enough to sub KTO's MBC radio appearance

Spoiler

So the team gets to go on vacay to Bali but poor KTO can't since he is not allowed to travel so near to his enlistment  (rumors say it will be soon) . So sad he can't ride this popularity wave :cry:

Some other trivia - they are planning a final viewing in a cinema hall with the cast & crew

Spoiler

Pre-released

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Hi all...!! I just started this drama today, not because I wasn't interested to watch it but been putting it on hold as I was having a lot of things going on lately that I saved it until I can watch properly... and am I so glad to be able to enjoy it now. The first episode was great! I love the opening sequence, and I love seeing her passion for whales! A roomful of whales :wow2: Can I sleep over? haha... I hope later on it is explained the reason behind her obsession with whales... Haven't back read on the thread, so not spoiled so far. I will try to catch up as soon as possible so I can join the discussion here, but have to say that this is not a drama I can watch quickly coz even in first episode alone, I've been rewinding certain scenes/dialogues, also, comparing the different translations, lol...

The show is also supported by a great cast. Been a while since I've seen Kang Ki Young, one of my favourites supporting actors, and I think he's lost some weight. Then there's cutie Kang Tae Oh. And of course, stellar acting from Park Eun Bin as our Extraordinary Lawyer. I really love that she always challenges herself with different roles :heart: 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Our Jun Ho is truly that green flag. I know out there people kept saying he is and I think throughout the episodes he's definitely proven himself to be the sort of person we would want YW to date. Today's episode made me love him more ( IKR...how is that even possible? Is it my KTO bias speaking ? :laugh:.)  I loved the post 1st kiss moments and I think my favorite bit was when JH hugged her to calm her down having researched that this would help her. 

Sweet second kiss which dad saw....hmmm dad was taken aback. I wonder if he would object. I can understand if he would be worried - like any parent would. I hope he remembers that he asked YW before if she had ever wanted to wear a wedding dress / get married in the early episodes. And that he would respect her choices since she's an adult. 

Spoiler

There were plenty of heart fluttery moments even when they were just working ( and I am so grateful for that) but I also like that YW's growing in this relationship too. I was moved when she told JH in that video call that she thinks about him as much as she thinks about whales ! LOL ...that is the highest Woo Young Woo compliment you would get there.

Spoiler

Now of course , the case of the day took an interesting turn. Well what can I say except that karma has a way. While I shouldn't be rejoicing over someone's death but that bad man did have that coming his way because I felt very sorry for his wife. 

Speaking of karma - Min Woo is going to reap what he sowed. I was shocked that he stooped this low to blackmail YW's mum for the job. And I am not looking forward to what he will do to get YW to quit or get her fired.

Preview - I laughed my head off when Jun Ho was hurt that YW questioned if they were officially dating . LOL

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 7/29/2022 at 12:47 PM, Tofu said:

She wanted to please him so she did whatever he wanted. She was afraid that if she didn't do it, he would not love her anymore. The victim did the same thing with her mother too. She reported the incident the way the mother wanted because she wanted to please her -- my mom will not love me anymore if I don't listen to her. 

The mother of the victim is crazy (what's with all of these crazy moms in the dramas we're watching @40somethingahjumma @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM?!). It's completely unnecessary to take her anger out on Young Woo. 

The victim in this case did pretty much as you stated. She wanted to please her bf and she wanted to please her mom, and so she agreed to do things that she doesn't seem to have wanted to do in order to keep their love. The love she feels for her bf and her mom are very real, however, her fear of losing their love also seems very real.

The mother is crazy and overboard, but I also had some sympathy for her. She sees her daughter as being extremely vulnerable to being taken advantage of by a world which doesn't strive to accommodate her daughter. I think it's because she understands her daughter and her desire to please when she likes someone too well that has her so worried and determined to protect her from everything and everyone. Plus, there is history there that we aren't shown, so who knows who might have tried to take advantage of her daughter.

I suppose where I think that the mother's determination to protect above all is a bit of a self-defeating thing. It's not just about the daughter having rights, since of course she does. It's about the fact that the mother won't always be there, unless the daughter passes away before the mother does. The mother should also be preparing her daughter to be able to live and manage without her. It seems that the daughter has some other support systems around her, but still by being the dominant force in her daughter's life and not allowing the daughter some freedoms, it will make it that much more tragic when she is unable to be there for her daughter.

As for JH and YW, I think they are a very cute couple. However, it is a very challenging relationship that they are entering, and I understood JH's hesitation in taking it on. He's suitable in that he has a heightened sense of empathy and responsibility, but it's those characteristics which also means that he has to be sure that he's prepared to be in it for the long haul.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

OK. I promised that I would write a post with substance last week and I have not because all I do when I watch this drama is turn into a puddle of melted cotton candy :laugh: I think at the heart of it, I'm a sucker for this romance because it's super cute and so damn pure as well...and something about the chemistry between the leads just makes me feel less jaded about love (when all my love stories are more like Su Yeon's dating experiences :lol:)

Anyway here are the non-romance things I wanted to write over the past couple of weeks. I've mustered just enough self control to get this down...but all I want to do now is write about how much I love this couple :heart::heart::heart:

Episode 8 - Town/road case

Hahaha this episode made me cringe a lot when they went to revisit the town again in order to defend it from getting a road built down the middle. It felt like such a disaster. But I think that it was good to show how everything has good sides and bad sides and sometimes the outcome of a legal case does depend on what the judge sees and experiences, no matter how objective things are. I also didn't think badly of the residents who did take the offer because I did kinda agree that although the town chief was well meaning, he was more well off than them and money is unfortunately tempting when you need it and have less of it :pandatakeit:

Episode 9 - Pied Piper

I liked the message of this episode about kids being able to live their lives with more freedom and happiness rather than under the oppression of cram schools etc. I think there's often so much pressure for kids to grow up quicker than they should because the world seems like a tough place to jaded adults. But like @stroppyse, I agree that I would freak out if a strange guy kidnapped my kid and took them to the mountains. I think it's just the fact that so many people do bad things to children that my concern would be that he abused them somehow. :shocked2: Like his ideology was cool, but the method was a bit wacked!  I loved the cameo by Koo Gyo Hwan - he's just so cool. If anyone wants to pull of a quirky, strange character that is quite nonchalent about going to jail, I feel like he's the right person for sure!

Episode 10 - Disability assault case

This  case was pretty uncomfortable and while I thought it was great to contrast the case to show the difficulties WYW and JH will face, I was also stressed when the case was going on. It was interesting that they didn't really prove either way whether the guy was lying or telling the truth, which I assume is the effect they wanted...but I found out this was based on a real case and unfortunately the guy was actually evil in that he would trick people with disabilities for his own physical pleasure and to steal their money...but the people conned still believe in him and didn't want him to go to jail, though he did in the end. It made me angry and sad :letalQQ: But in terms of the show, if the guy wasn't proven to use the person's money or to have a history of doing the samme behaviour...maybe I would consider feelings...but as it is, the case also explained that the girl had a mental capacity of a 13 year old and that really did not sit right with me. 

Also in this episode I am really starting to dislike the mum, I feel like she's going to be the cause of tension and potential break ups and I don't want her to screw up Young Woo's life more than she alread has! :shocked:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 5

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

tumblr-96c675b87c5e711a7cb9c6af04589f1f-

iMBC Kim Hye Young | ENA screen capture.

Kang Tae Oh ♥ Park Eun Bin's exclusive hugging chair promise → Kissing Moon Moon  (Strange lawyer Woo Young Woo)

'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' Park Eun Bin and Kang Tae Oh kissed.

download.jpg

In the ENA drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo', which was broadcast on the 3rd, Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) and Lee Junho (Kang Tae Oh) were having a conversation.

On this day, Woo Young Woo said to Lee Junho, "Thank you for hugging me when you witnessed Shin Il Soo's death." To this, Junho Lee asked, "If you apply pressure on your body when you are in a state of sensory overload, will your anxiety be relieved?" Attorney Woo replied, "Yes, that's right." with a surprised expression.

download-1.jpg

Next, Lee Junho said, "There are hugging chairs for people with autism in France. There have a closed back, but when you sit down, the inside of the chair swells up and hugs people tightly."

To this, Lee Junho said, "Should I buy it?" and said, "I'll be you. A hugging chair for the lawyer." Woo Young Woo and Lee Junho smiled shyly. They made eye contact and then he gently kissed her.

Spoiler

download-2.jpg

download-3.jpg

download-4.jpg

download-5.jpg

download-6.jpg

'tap to read the source':

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/355994

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2