Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

tumblr-0e73cda8ea07460246bbff9c2543a426-

OSEN Reporter Park So Young.

'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' provides pleasant and warm healing until the end.

0004678837-001-20220815093304795.jpg

[Photo] A Story · KT Studio Genie · Romantic Crew.

ENA Channel 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' (directed by Yoo In Sik, writter Moon Ji Won, production A-Story, KT Studio Genie Romantic Crew) which has only two episodes left until the end, released the last behind-the-scenes cut to soothe the regrets. The actors who made viewers woo with their passionate performances and chemistry beyond perfection raise expectations for the final broadcast.

Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo received the love of viewers and broke the legend every time. It is showing off the power of a good drama, sweeping the ratings and topic rankings every day. The previous 14th episode also maintained the No. 1 position in the Wednesday - Thursday drama with a rating of 16.1% in the metropolitan area (Nielsen Korea, based on paid households). In the TV topical drama category, it also took the top spot for 6 consecutive weeks (based on Good Data Corporation, the 1st week of August). Here, on the global OTT platform, it is firmly holding the No. 1 position for the most viewed content in the non-English section of TV (based on Netflix, the 1st week of August).

Spoiler

yna1065624913780770-184.jpg

Photo = Courtesy of ENA Channel.

Spoiler

yna1065624913780770-821.jpg

Popularity of the filming location of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' (Su Won = Yonhap News) Reporter Hong Ki Won = On the morning of the 4th, citizens are waiting in line to enter a restaurant in Haenggung-dong, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do, where the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' was filmed. 

'tap on the link'

source:

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111919737#_ace

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Reporter Jin Ju Jin, MK Sports.

'Woo Young Woo' Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh, tearful farewell from Jeju Island.

On the 16th, ENA channel 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' revealed the changed daily life of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) and Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh).

Two people pretending not to know each other's empty spaces, but unable to hide their emptiness. Viewers are curious about the ending of the romance of 'Whale Couple'.

In the last broadcast, Woo Young Woo and 'Hanbada' went on a group business trip to Jeju Island.

4m-Nra-LHe6-Tw-F637961562295318995.jpg

eu7d-Fal3-Qvqg637961562360006860.jpg

[Photo] Provided by A-Story, KT Studio Genie, Romantic Crew.

Spoiler

Fa-Pg3t3-UIAARa-RI.jpg

'tap on the link.'

source:

Spoiler

http://m.mksports.co.kr/entertainment/view/2022/724922/

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/356865

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-f3b9ec9c38cae40e5c9a1aaaf9bfb6fa-

By Yonhap.
'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' tops Netflix chart for non-English series for 3rd week.

20220817000190-0.jpg

This image shows a scene from “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” (ENA)

The South Korean legal drama "Extraordinary Attorney Woo" has topped Netflix's latest weekly viewership chart of non-English TV shows for the third consecutive week, the global video streaming service said Wednesday.

The TV series, which has aired every Wednesday and Thursday on ENA Channel since June 29, marked 69.4 million hours of viewing for the week of August 8 until 14 to lead Netflix's official top 10 list for non-English TV programs available on the service.

It is the 16-part show's fifth No. 1 finish since it made the top 10 six weeks ago. It placed second in the third week, losing to the Spanish show "Alba."

"Woo" revolves around a lawyer named Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) was brilliant with an outstanding memory, lacks social skills and empathy due to being on the autism spectrum.

'click on the link'

source:

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220817000161&np=1&mp=1

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

It doesn't feel like they are moving the crucial issues along. In fact the new case is gonna bring us to the next level of makjang with YW's step brother being brought into the picture. He is the hacker that got the client in trouble...and looks like he will come to Hanbada for help. What is this sort of development? How does this help the drama? 

The only so called positive thing for me is that JH went to see YW and finally finds out why she didn't want to date him. The ball is really in her court. He connects the dots that this has to do with his sister's words but he makes it clear that it is her that makes him happy. But she's worried about making him feel lonely & honestly nothing is resolved as JH is stumped at what she said.  Will this be resolved tomorrow? I am not so optimistic now especially after they announced S2

Spoiler

The other not surprising development is that SY fesses up that she likes MW ...She wanted MW to have a backbone to stand by YW who got yelled at by Jang ( who is a a godawful boss) and he was like why are you on my case. She basically wants the guy she likes to have courage. Oh wow...so the drama is really going with this love line eh? So are they not going to deal with MW almost getting YW's license suspended? 

Preview

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Errr  …if KTO doesn’t return , I will riot . I understand that his role is replaceable . But the show better remember that a lot of the hype was also related to him 

And no one has been on top of Good Data 5 weeks in a row for being a “supporting character”

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

tumblr-afc5805550a66c1857c3222d3821aad3-

iMBC Kim Hye Young.

Jun Ho find out the reason why Woo Young Woo ended up she said goodbye.

0000164440-001-20220818001301556.jpg

Gr-R2c-Ct9u-OZ1637963782127762403.jpg

On the other hand, the final episode of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' will be broadcast on the 18th (Thursday) at 9:10 pm.

Spoiler

Fa-XWn-GQa-IAEDHrs.jpg

Fa-XWp-W3ac-AARYGW.jpg

ENA Screen Capture

'click on the link'

source:

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/357141

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

@Mizv TBH, they should have not even pushed the romance from the start if they can't give me a closure. Am okay not having romance. But don't do the world building like this and expect me to be satisfied with a vague open end supposedly for growth. Yup, 2521 gave me trauma too. :lettalKWA:

Pre-released 

Goodbye from Att Kwon

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Tbh I am dreading this ending a little. It seems like the whole episode will mostly deal with the family mess and I wonder how or if at all the scandal will come out. It seems like Tae Sumi will be forced by her own children to decline the nomination before the news comes out. 

and about JH and YW… I don’t think they’re getting married or engaged or anything at all. The best we can hope for imo is that they reconcile and try again. 🥺

😆 I’m here trying to not expect too much so that the disappointment won’t be too big! 

• Like 3

Reporter Jeong Da Bin.

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' Park Eun Bin is at the crossroads of the last choice.

On the 18th, ENA channel Wednesday - Thursday drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' (writer Moon Ji Won / director Yoo In Sik / hereafter referred to as 'Attorney Woo') released a picture of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) Lee Jun Ho (Kang Tae Oh) and a mysterious man.

u-Kw-UKua-MLUf-PFqvj53b-Px4-1024-80-png.

Extraordinary Attorney Woo / Photo = Provided by ENA Channel.  

0000286636-001-20220818144601675.jpg

[Photo courtesy of Man of Creation]

Spoiler

269-UHGUCJ8-1.jpg

'tap on the link'

source:

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/269UHGUCJ8

https://ent.sbs.co.kr/news/article.do?article_id=E10010256149

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3

Woot !!!! Thankfully the drama didn't give us a bad ending though some thing was glossed over ( like MW's thing, I think you and I won't be too happy about that @Min86 ) But some important things first  :laugh::

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think you and I won't be too happy about that @Min86

Ugh, I feel like they kind of tried too hard and gave him an easy path for redemption while sweeping under the rug what he was doing. 

I still need to watch the whole episode, but I’m glad for the spoilers! 

by the way, does anyone think that the main storyline of YW- Sumi- HanCeo and to an extend Dad was also left open for a 2 season? 

• Clapping Hands 1

Ep4.gif

NewsN Reporter Seo Yuna.

202208182022306110-1.jpg

Park Eun Bin reunited with Kang Tae Oh, and as well as renewing her contract as a full-time lawyer Hanbada, it was a happy ending.

In the final episode of the ENA Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' (script written by Moon Ji Won, directed by Yoo In Sik), which was broadcast on the 18th, Choi Sang Hyeon (Choi Hyun Jin), the son of Tae Soo Mi (Jin Kyung), turned himself in as a hacker at Raon, the largest online shopping mall in Korea. A turning point has been reached.

Spoiler

202208182022306110-2.jpg

Photo=Courtesy of ENA Channel.

'click on the link'

source:

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202208182022306110#_enliple

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 2

000.gif

Seoul Yonhap News Reporter Ryu Hyo Rim.

yna1065624913785264-270.jpg

Group viewing event for the last episode of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo.' Actors Joo Jong Hyuk (from left), Joo Hyun Young, Ha Yun Kyung, Yoo In Sik, Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh, and Kang Ki Young CGV Hangangro-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 18th. Posing for a group viewing event for the last episode of the drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' held at Yongsan branch.

Spoiler

1660852534-image.png

Spoiler

yna1065624913785264-913.jpg

'tap'

source:

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179508311493683

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

It was a wonderful wrap-up :love: My feeling is just like what WYW is feeling at the end. Although the English translation was "a sense of fulfilment", I want to go with the Chinese translation, which is "gratified".

I am glad to see that Tae Mi Su did the right thing as a mother, but clever as she was, still able to use the occasion to garner public sympathy with her speech. Love seeing the ending montage of all the cases from the beginning till the end. I enjoyed the way the cases are presented. The drama has a good balance of courtroom scenes with the life and struggles of our extraordinary lawyer WYW. I shall wait patiently for season 2. 

Almost forget to mention, one of the best things from this drama for me is being able to see a smiling Kang Tae Oh so much :wow: Gonna miss seeing him on the small screen for a while.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama Oh I like that translation - gratified! 

Mentally I am still here. I teared up watching this a few times. Even though this is the story of YWY , the romance here even if not as front & center, is one of the best things in this drama for me. Because the world building was already set up from the time JH & YW met at the revolving door :hearties:

9 hours ago, Min86 said:

by the way, does anyone think that the main storyline of YW- Sumi- HanCeo and to an extend Dad was also left open for a 2 season? 

Seems so. I think it would be great to see YW and her brother meet up and build a connection like what you said on twitter. Also I would like MW at the  very least apologise to YW for what he did. It was a sore point for me in this show when they use romance as a way for redemption. But apart from that I am satisfied with the overall wrap up of the show. 

ENA posted the audience's reaction :lmao2:

Our KTO's line of a lifetime....the nation's most disappointed guy :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

By Im Ji Eun.

1660888177-extraordinary-attorney-woo.jp

Extraordinary Attorney Woo wrapped up season one with a personal record-breaking viewership rating.  

According to Nielsen Korea, the last broadcast of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' achieved a nationwide viewership rating of 17.5%, citywide viewership rating of 19.2% and an impressive viewership rating that peaked at 21.9%. With this, the drama broke its personal record for its viewership rating.

In particular, Woo Young Woo's narrative in the last episode stated, "My life may be weird and eccentric, but it has value and is beautiful." With this, she delivered the message that she 'not so normal' and special challenge was not finished, but instead, a new chapter had begun.

Meanwhile, it was recently reported that 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' will be renewed for a second season.

'click on the link'

source:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/08/extraordinary-attorney-woo-wraps-up-season-1-with-personal-best-record-of-175-in-nationwide-viewership-ratings

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@stroppyse I remember you once explained that culturally it is quite normal for them to address each other formally even if they are dating right? Calling each other based on their profession?

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Nice mellow wrap up.  Kudos to script writing.

I guess season 2 In 2024 is due to the military requirement.   The cool thing about kdramas on Netflix it draws people who never watch and know nothing about SK.  I got into an silly argument with DH who NEVER watches kdrama.   Well this will be his 2nd one counting Squid Game.   Our argument was about the military requirements and his vision it’s all ruined career downhill. At this point I have to remind myself he knows zero and try hard not to argue.  But it’s nice that the drama pulled his attention.  

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Mizv Maybe you could ask  your husband to watch DP - it is a hard drama about the reality of enlistment. The hazing is scary but such a good drama. 6 episodes.

This has subs. The stage greeting for the finale was so fun.  Especially our KTO and Kang Ki Young