Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo 이상한 변호사 우영우 [2022, Season 2 TBD 2024]

abs-oluteM

9 hours ago, JenL said:

but the people conned still believe in him and didn't want him to go to jail

The victims probably thought he loved them, but also, people with developmental disabilities are very trusting and forgiving. One of the toughest thing to teach them is stranger danger. They think everyone is a good person with good intentions. My brother (who has developmental disabilities) wants to be friends with everyone he meets and would get upset if I tell him the person has bad intentions. It's been ongoing ever since he was little and he's 36 now.

This scene was pretty realistically done. Something like a car accident is a sensory overload -- lots of things going on, loud noises, etc. Young Woo hitting her head is a very common reaction to too much stimulants. 

The comment about the hugging chair or hugging Junho was cute. I did LOL'd after because I was thinking, "maybe Young Woo should get a weighted blanket or vest instead because they are more convenient" but I guess that would ruin the romantic vibe they are trying to do. Hahahaha! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@Tofu was cute when they had that conversation later about the hugging chair . I’m glad that Jun Ho did some research.

No wonder Jun Ho- shi was disappointed. He probably thought they were already official lol ! 
I would really love for Dad to meet him 

pre-released 

• Haha 3
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

The victims probably thought he loved them, but also, people with developmental disabilities are very trusting and forgiving. One of the toughest thing to teach them is stranger danger. They think everyone is a good person with good intentions. My brother (who has developmental disabilities) wants to be friends with everyone he meets and would get upset if I tell him the person has bad intentions. It's been ongoing ever since he was little and he's 36 now.

This scene was pretty realistically done. Something like a car accident is a sensory overload -- lots of things going on, loud noises, etc. Young Woo hitting her head is a very common reaction 

Oh for sure! I would believe this from my limited experiences with people in that community that I've interacted with. Also I remember WYW saying that she was extra gulliable since she can't really read expressions and therefore has trouble with things like reading the room or reading between the lines. It must be so hard to determine people's true intentions without that. :psweatduck:

I also thought the scene looked realistic and PEB's acting seemed realistic from what I've experienced. I was once a warden in a fire drill at work and was caught in a similar situation when one of the people around me had a developmental disability and was really distressed by the alarms. I had no idea what to do, but luckily someone came to help me calm them down. I was so admiring of Jun Ho's ability to react so quickly. His research paid off :wow:

6 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

No wonder Jun Ho- shi was disappointed. He probably thought they were already official lol ! 
I would really love for Dad to meet him 

pre-released 

Hahaha Jun Ho should know the modern rules of dating: Nothing is official until you've both had the conversation :heiboi:

I mean what if WYW started talking about Mr Bang again... :laugh: Gotta say it to be sure

But I laughed at the dad's reaction. So old school! But he's also probably worried that she's being used. Little does he know that she's hit the jackpot in the ultimate guy :heart:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Wikitree Reporter Jung Yoon Hee.

Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo-Episode-11-10

Woo Young Woo reveals she deals with panic attacks.

Episode 11 of Extraordinary Attorney Woo had Lee Jun Ho (played by Kang Tae Oh) pulling Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin) in his arms as she experienced a meltdown after witnessing a car accident.

In the latest episode of the ENA series, Woo Young Woo had a panic attack after witnessing a car accident before her eyes. The new episode had her and attorney Jung Myeong Seok (played by Kang Ki Young) take on a new case to help a couple retrieve their lottery money. However, the story veered into a tragedy as Il Soo, her client, immediately tried to divorce his wife after winning his case. As Il Soo realized his wife, Eun Ji (Park Ji Yeon), had met up with the Hanbada attorneys, he chased her with his new car, only to get killed by a truck in a road traffic accident. Attorney Woo immediately burst into a meltdown as she saw everything there but Jun Ho quickly embraced her and calmed her down. When she cried out loud he wrapped her around in his arms and gave a nice, tight hug.

'click on the link'

source:

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/777688#_ace04Xl

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

I caught it live and the case was interesting since I think it affects us working wives & mothers alot. I will have to watch on NF later to see the details.

I loved this bit of conversation the two had which was I felt was realistic and I like that it was an honest conversation.

And Min Woo - this boy just went super low.....

Spoiler

And dear me ...please don't this drama...why is JMS coughing blood?

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

17 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I was actually coming in just to ask why is he coughing blood but looks like you don't know too ... :letalQQ:

Well, I think JMS has not been looking after his own health. Clearly work is a lot & given his position there's a lot of stress. At the beginning it was shown he was shoving down some fast food & even CEO commented about it as he has no time to eat. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha Jun Ho should know the modern rules of dating: Nothing is official until you've both had the conversation 

So true. Even with "normal" couples, it may not be a couple-hood without saying the words. There are too many instances of hook ups to base it only just physical intimacy alone.

Though to be fair, if a guy paid me that much attention, with that much support and kisses, I would think that we were a couple and want to have the conversation of whether we were exclusive or not.

That is the other odd thing about modern romance. The expectation may be to be exclusive, but it may not be, so you need to have the conversation so that both parties know. ( @abs-oluteM, any kdramas come to mind with players as leads? As in the drama which must not be named. LOL)

I'm looking forward to JH meeting YW's father.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I guess I was expecting the angst to start soon, but it still feels like it went from super cute affectionate episode to the downward slope of angst very quickly with the unresolved relationship status and Myeong Sek's health! :lettalKWA: I was going to write about ep 12 as well, but it's pretty late now, so save for tomorrow!

Episode 11

This case was pretty sad for the wife because I felt like she was a decent person - even when her husband had been a real jerk and was harrassing her to sign divorce papers she was still devastated when he was killed in the car accident. She only wanted to money to help their family, whereas he was greedy and also having plans to leave her.  :shocked: But I guess you could tell from the start that he was a real piece of work - morally loose about lying, gambling addiction, always living for some grand dream but not taking responsibility in the present etc. 

But this episode was so sweet in the YW and JH department. It was cute that she couldn't stop thinking about him and waited for him out the front :BulbaOWO: And then THAT office hand scene was all the flutters. Jun Ho sure can flirt annd multi-task and Young Woo was so cute when she was delighted to touch his hand through the glass :wow: Hahaha, I was saying to someone that that scene made me want to have some hot secret office romance...but alas, no Jun Ho to put out his hand and also the office is open plan so no glass windows with shutters like that :laugh: But imagine the excitement if this was your POV...

mSLwIzQ.gif

And then I was just really in love with the way he had put in the time and effort to research about Autism and knew exactly what to do when she was in trauma. He's just such a patient and throughtful guy! And so I'm glad that YW is now coomfortable wiith his touch and even happy/ keen on the kissing. It was nice to see him earn his place in her world.

38AYDQU.gif

0qi01Ml.gif

The only thing I kind of worried about was after the phone conversatiion when she said he was the first person she thought about as much as whales, Jun Ho's smile looked a little...sad? lost in thought? He's very patient and she obviously she makes him very happy and he likes her a lot, but I was wondering how everyone else read that scene?

Poor Su Yeon by the way! She doesn't deserve her bad dates! But she is such a cool character. I liked her style walking out with the most expensive bottle of alcohol. I wonder if they will give her a love line or if it'll just be an open ending for her. I feel like it's cool either way since she's a strong, independent woman :cool:

UGHHH Her mother is trash by the way. You know it's shocking when even Attorney Kwan/ Min Woo is shocked when he hears that she wants Young Woo fired or quitting...it's just not what a real mother would do. And it makes me sad because it's not even like YW has gone too bother her or intrude in her life! :mad: 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

4 hours ago, JenL said:

Her mother is trash by the way. You know it's shocking when even Attorney Kwan/ Min Woo is shocked when he hears that she wants Young Woo fired or quitting...it's just not what a real mother would do. And it makes me sad because it's not even like YW has gone too bother her or intrude in her life! 

And that’s why I want to see her downfall! I can’t believe I had hopes for her and the , the writers decided that she is indeed the villain in YWs life 😫

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

My Daily Reporter Lim Yuri. 

202208050108503656-1.jpg

202208050108503656-2.jpg

Photo = ENA 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' broadcast capture.

Kang Tae Oh has poured out his disappointment to Park Eun Bin.

In episode 12 of the cable channel ENA's Wednesday - Thursday drama 'Extraordinary Attorney', which was broadcast on the night of the 4th, Lee Junho (Kang Tae Oh) was depicted talking to Woo Young Woo (Park Eun bin) about his date.

'tap on the link'

source:

https://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=202208050108503656

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

tumblr-11b9926572f0218cdac33cc3df1faf46-

Export News Reporter Ha Ji Won.

The drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' unmoved from no. 1. 

mb-1659659428481010.jpg

Photo = ENA Channel

According to Nielsen Korea, an audience rating research company on the 5th, the 12th episode of ENA's Wednesday - Thursday drama 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young Woo' (hereafter 'Woo Young Woo') aired on the previous day recorded 14.937% viewer ratings based on pay TV households nationwide.

This is a slight increase of 0.764% from the 14.173% ratings of episode 11 aired the previous day.

In the 2049 target audience rating, which is the main consumer of advertisements and leads the topic online, it ranked first in all channels with 7.5%, continuing a hot response.

'click on the link'

source:

Spoiler

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1614025

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@abs-oluteM, any kdramas come to mind with players as leads? As in the drama which must not be named. LOL)

Oh ...are there such dramas ahahahahaha? Did I just block them all out from my memory? 

@mademoiselle That is my favourite smile of his.  :wow: I am gonna use it for my profile pic later. 

@JenL did you see this ? You will love KTO even more after what his co-stars said about him . My fave bit was what he said made him happy. This guy is sweet & simple. Very much like Jun Ho...

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM No wonder I can't upload. It's 22 MB!

But, such a good one for badge.

P.S. source: verchae

He's soooo pretty :wow:

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL did you see this ? You will love KTO even more after what his co-stars said about him . My fave bit was what he said made him happy. This guy is sweet & simple. Very much like Jun Ho..

Thanks for reminding me! OMG I love the cast chemistry - They're all obviously very comfortable around each other. And KTO's such a chill and easy going guy. Even before PEB said that about him, you can see that he's very laidback and sweet towards his co-stars.:wow:

Also I was so charmed by that look they shared when he was asked to name 2 of PEB's charms...haha, it almost seemed like some in-joke between them or just a tease knowing he would say something cheesey :heart::laugh: 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

By Sophie Ha.

The "Woo Young Woo headphone" is in high demand leading to a shortage in South Korea following 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo's popularity.

Extraordinary-attorney-woo-stills.jpg

The headphones worn by Woo Young Woo (played by Park Eun Bin) in the ENA drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' are gaining much attention.  

The popular headphones are products of the German brand 'Sennheiser.'

Woo Young Woo is a character with autism spectrum disorder, and she reacts sensitively to ambient noise. To block the surrounding sound, she uses headphones, and many viewers have gathered their attention to the Sennheiser headphones.

Sennheiser headphones are said to be in short supply in Korea as the demand for orders has surged with the growing popularity of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo.'

'tap on the link'

source:

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

tumblr-afc5805550a66c1857c3222d3821aad3-

By Yaki Jones.

Writer of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' reveals why she added the word 'extraordinary' to the title. 

1659815404-akr20220726155200005-01-i-p4.

The writer of 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' revealed why she added the word 'extraordinary' to the title.

In an interview published on August 5th, Moon Ji Won, who created the hit drama series 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo', shared the stories behind the creation of the show. 

According to the interview, she accidentally came up with the name 'Woo Young Woo'. She was offered to create a 16-episode long drama series after she debuted as a professional screenwriter with the film 'Innocent Witness'. While she was thinking about the new drama series, she said the name 'Woo Young Woo' suddenly came across her mind. "Whenever Young Woo says the line about her name being a palindrome, I feel good because I can vividly remember how I came up with her name."

She also stated that the word 'extraordinary' well depicts Woo Young Woo's character. "Generally we name people who are not ordinary, eccentric, non-conforming, genius, bizarre, weird and special 'extraordinary'. These extraordinary people often make others nervous or create problems but at the same time, they make our world more exciting and abundant." 

She continued, "I hope the viewers could feel extraordinary powers of extraordinary people through 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo'. The show reflects various stories regarding diversity. I don't think the show explicitly sends out the message but if I were to put the show's main idea into a sentence it would be 'respect the diversity."

Impure-Same-Hornet-size-restricted.gif

Spoiler

source:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/08/writer-of-extraordinary-attorney-woo-reveals-why-she-added-the-word-extraordinary-to-the-title

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Star News Reporter Yoon Seong Yeol.

download.jpg

Copyrightsⓒ Star News

Actor Kang Ki Young, who has been greatly loved for appearing in the ENA Wednesday - Thursday drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' (script written by Moon Ji Won and directed by Yoo In Seok) will join the holiday schedule with the director and crews a day late.

'click on the link'

source:

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022080714385834004

• Like 3

By Elijah Mully.

5 Successful K-Dramas With Sensitive Themes: 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo,' 'Our Blues,' More.

extraordinary-attorney-woo-stills.jpg

(Photo : Netflix Korea Official)
Park Eun Bin.  

extraordinary-attorney-woo-stills-1.jpg

(Photo : Netflix Korea Official)
Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh.

'tap on the link'

source:

Spoiler

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/126123/20220806/5-successful-kdramas-sensitive-themes-extraordinary-attorney-woo-our-blues-more.htm

• Like 3

tumblr-871bae33558fab379bef4bf0ae97c446-

By Jiwon.

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo’ Park Eun Bin to hold first fan meeting on Sep, 3.

p1065590389180393-625-thum.jpgPoster of Park Eun-bin's first fan meeting. (Yonhap)

SEOUL, August 8 (Yonhap) Star of ENA Wednesday - Thursday drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” Park Eun Bin is hosting her first solo fan meeting.

“2022 Park Eun Bin 1st Fan Meeting” will be held in Woonjung green campus auditorium in Sungshin University on Sept. 3 at 4 p.m, announced her agency Namoo Actors. The day after fan meeting is her birthday.

The title of this fan meeting means that she wants to remember her first solo fan meeting for a long time with her “character note” which she uses to write down her thoughts about the character she plays when preparing for the drama.

The agency announced that “blank” has a mutual meaning; fans fill in the blanks to make the most shining moment with Park Eun Bin.

The poster and Park Eun Bin's official logo, released by her agency, used alphabet “EB,” which a name Park Eun Bin has been using since her school days.

Tickets for fan meeting will be open since August, 12 through Interpark ticket.

Spoiler

p1065592234485177-883-thum.jpg

source:

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065590389180393

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

etw5.gif

Star News Reporter Yoon Seong Yeol.

download-1.jpg

Photo Courtesy of ENA.

Extraordinary Attorney Woo topped the list of influential programs for 5 weeks in a row.

According to the Content Influence Index (CPI Powered by RACOI) for the 4th week of July (July 25-31) announced by CJ ENM on the 8th, the ENA Wednesday - Thursday drama 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' scored 450.8 points, ranking first in the overall influential program.

The 225.1 points recorded by the second-placed tvN entertainment program 'Fifteen Nights on a Business Trip 2'. As a result, Extraordinary Attorney Woo proved its unrivaled popularity by maintaining the top of the influential program for the five weeks in a row.

kang-taeoh.webp

Spoiler

'click on the link'

source:

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2022080820553042627

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle poor KKY ! I was already feeling bad that KTO can’t go since he’s not allowed to due to enlistment. 
Our Hanbada trio at the airport 

Spoiler

By the way this such a interesting interview with PEB. Love this girl - her insights are great . 

Spoiler

KTO finally has his own fan cafe . So PEB fans are called Bingo(s) & his is Meteor ( Meteorite ? ) lol ! 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1